What if your main characters were the opposite gender?:
edited 3rd May '11 5:02:05 PM by MrAHR
- Become either Justine, or Justice.
- Would come off as either more cold, nerdy, or bookish.
- Be a little more emotional.
- Have more lesbian or sisterly implications with her Shinigami.
- More makeup.
- Comes off as more sexier as times, especially later in the series.
- His occisional snarks would be more bitter.
- Her quirks would be even wierder.
- Her cousin would have a different brotherly relationship.
- A part of her backstory would be even more shocking.
- She would probably get glasses.
- She'll come off by the audience as a character created by a fangirl.
- She'll be frail instead of scrawny.
- Her relationship with her sister would be different.
- A later love-triangle would be even more wierder (it involves a Misa-Expy and a Christmas Cake).
- People will underestimate her more.
- Once she breaks...it would be an unusual set-up.
edited 3rd May '11 5:08:24 PM by chihuahua0
edited 3rd May '11 5:07:37 PM by Leradny
- Landras: ...Not at all, really, but he'll come off more like Ryuk.
- Near: Would be more like a female Justin, more playful, closer to another one of my characters.
- O: N/A.
- Fiona: His whole Split Personality shick would come off different, perhaps creepier.
edited 3rd May '11 5:16:21 PM by chihuahua0
edited 3rd May '11 5:28:05 PM by feotakahari
edited 3rd May '11 7:53:51 PM by BetsyandtheFiveAvengers
- Female Boysenberry, "Strawberry": Instead of a constantly unpleasable boss/teammate, Strawberry probably comes off as more of a constantly PMS'ing girlfriend. Possibly, she seems like a more acerbic Tatl.
- Male Mariselle, "Martiso": Mari was originally designed to be a parody of Ms. Fanservice, so I suppose her Distaff Counterpart is a parody of Mr. Fanservice. Imagine a sort of hybrid of Dante and Indiana Jones (with a side-order of The Medic) and there you go. However, he's still the most initially welcoming and kindly member of the party in a big brother-ish way.
- Female Danbarre, "Dani": Still a Boisterous Bruiser, but in the same way people are surprised to see a male sorcerer of such power, people are surprised by a female blacksmith/sword-swinger. So Corado would probably bond with "Aunt Dani" over that shared oddness. Mostly, Dani probably comes off as even more crude for her various traits (foul-mouthed, lustful, pugilistic, etc.) than her male counterpart does.
- Female Jasper, "Jade": Well, Jasper was written to be a male subversion of a lot of traits associated with princesses, so Jade probably comes off as an awful Damsel Scrappy to a lot of people, despite her Character Development into an action girl with a backbone. And unlike Jasper (whom my beta readers seem to universally love and consider a Woobie), she's utterly hated.
edited 3rd May '11 7:10:56 PM by nrjxll
edited 3rd May '11 7:46:45 PM by Wolf1066
edited 4th May '11 1:37:06 AM by LoniJay
- Mandeline Clementine
- Famale: a cute Shrinking Violet who has crush on John but Cannot Spit It Out. An heiress to clan of assasins and can be a very elegant even when slashing her way out of hordes of Eldritch Abomination.
- Male: Probably Adorkable, prone to nervous laughings and such. Would be same, including being bullied.
- John Kresreb
- Male: EXTREMELY BOISTEROUS young man who belongs better in a typical Super Robot series( ESPECIALLY Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) who is prone to get himself in troubles. Is also very, VERY touchy feely with John.
- Female: Probably a very well endowed Action Girl who...Really Gets Around. Maybe a Schoolgirl Lesbian as well.
- John Seinfeld Hansen
- Male: very emotionally reserved, quiet, very obedient to authority figures, and overall Badass.
- Female: ...the thing is, he is, even without genderbent, has a lot of feminine qualities, like having good domestic skills and caring a lot about home. Hell, his current appearance too is very feminine and makes people mistake his gender when he isn't wearing his signature Badass Longcoat. Also, he had been put in drag (not quite forcedly...) and looked very good. Only thing that would be different is that he would be more of a Yamato Nadeshiko Lady of War. I actually considered making him a girl and still thinking about it.
edited 4th May '11 3:39:12 AM by dRoy
edited 4th May '11 4:42:14 AM by Morven
edited 4th May '11 7:04:49 AM by Takwin
- Aaron -> Erin
- Karlo -> Karla
- Natalia -> Nathaniel
- Stephanie -> Stephen
- Richard -> Regina
- Joshua (The Dragon) -> Josephina
- Raymond (Big Bad) -> Rachel
- Alexandra -> Alexander
- Benjamin (Erin's... Mother, now? XD) -> Beatrice