Tropers / Misuki
Hello! My name is Misuki. It's a username that I use in many different websites.
I'm 29 years old, and I have a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood - 6th Grade Education. I currently serve a local school district as a substitute teacher.
Throughout my life, I have indulged in many different forms of media. I've come to realize how awesome and powerful the act of storytelling really is. It can change us.
I write stories of my own. Most of them are fan fiction. My fics end up being Gen fic, although shipping fic has began to appeal to me. Every single one of my stories comes from my heart, and I generally write stories that I would like to read.
I have participated in NaNoWriMo
2009, 2010, and 2011. This is how I wrote my only original works so far. I won all three times, writing 50k words or more in one month! I even finished
my story in 2011, giving it an actual ending. I haven't edited yet though. I'm a bit scared to edit it.
My most active/favorite fandoms at the moment are Avatar: The Last Airbender
, Axis Powers Hetalia
, Papers, Please
. I have met many amazing, creative people in my fan circles, and my hope is to meet even more through TV Tropes.
I am a firm believer in the writing process! Prewriting, drafting, revising, editing and publishing! It should be done in that order, and no other way.
Here is my obligatory list of faves to make this profile complete. :D
- Good Omens
- Rincewind Books - The Light Fantastic, Sourcery, Interesting Times, The Last Continent, Unseen Academicals
- Watch Books - Guards! Guards!, Men at Arms, Jingo, Night Watch
- Death Books - Mort, Reaper Man, Soul Music, and Hogfather
- Witches Books - Witches Abroad, Lords and Ladies
- Moist von Lipwig Books - Going Postal
- Stand alones - Small Gods
- Angels and Demons
- His Dark Materials
- Artemis Fowl
- The Kite Runner
- Umineko no Naku Koro ni visual novel
- Scandinavia and the World web comic
Favorite TV Shows:
Works by this Troper:
Tropes Present in My Life:
- Not So Stoic: I can be calm and aloof, until something bad happens, and then I just crack.
- Crapsaccharine World: I used to think that the world was a happy place, but the research I've done in college about all the world's Real Life problems has nearly made me Go Mad from the Revelation.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: I use substitutes for curse words around my parents and at work. I find them more amusing anyway.
- Dysfunctional Family: To some extent.
- Blind Without 'Em: If I take my glasses off, I can't see an inch in front of me without blurriness.
- Layman's Terms: I often have to put anime and manga into this format when explaining to non-fans.
- Creator Breakdown: I have experienced a series of these throughout my time as a writer. I'm currently in recovery from a massive writers block.
- Old Shame: Most of my fanfics I wrote in High School.
- Most Tropers Are Young Nerds: Self-explanatory.
- Wiki Walk
- TV Tropes Will Enhance Your Life
- Gen Fic: This is usually my flavor of fanfic I read and write.
- Extremely Short Timespan: My fanfics Road to Recovery, We Wonder Why, and Never get Caught all take place in the course of one day and/or night.
- Nightmare Fuel: Ugh. Don't show me corpses of animal or human, or realistic blood. Just don't.
- Dog Walks You: Despite my pups being small, they sure pull!
- Even Nerds Have Standards: I will NOT intentionally write Mary-Sue fanfics EVER.
- Embarrassing Old Photo: My childhood pictures and some of my teen/tween pictures.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: My favorite ending to any story I read, but also my belief about life.
- Archive Binge: My addictions...er, hobbies have me doing this.
- From Bad to Worse: Story of my life from the years 2015-2017, with a series of family problems, financial worries, and a world that appears to be changing for the worse.
- Adult Fear: Oh so many.
Graffiti on my wall, before we got our own page for it.