Tropers / Misuki
Hello! My name is Misuki. It's a username that I use in many different websites.
I'm 26 years old, and I've graduated with honors from the University of Texas with my Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Throughout my life, I have indulged in many different forms of media. I've come to realize how awesome and powerful the act of storytelling really is. It can change us.
I write stories of my own. Most of them are fan fiction. My fics end up being Gen fic, although shipping fic has began to appeal to me. Every single one of my stories comes from my heart, and I generally write stories that I would like to read.
I have participated in NaNoWriMo
2009, 2010, and 2011. This is how I wrote my only original works so far. I won all three times, writing 50k words or more in one month! I even finished
my story in 2011, giving it an actual ending. I haven't edited yet though. I'm a bit scared to edit it.
My most active/favorite fandoms at the moment are Axis Powers Hetalia
, Fire Emblem
. I have met many amazing, creative people in my fan circles, and my hope is to meet even more through TV Tropes.
I am a firm believer in the writing process! Prewriting, drafting, revising, editing and publishing! It should be done in that order, and no other way.
Here is my obligatory list of faves to make this profile complete. :D
Favorite TV Shows:
Works by this Troper:
Tropes Present in My Life:
- Not So Stoic: I can be calm and aloof, until something bad happens, and then I just crack.
- Crapsaccharine World: I used to think that the world was a happy place, but the research I've done in college about all the world's Real Life problems has nearly made me Go Mad from the Revelation.
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Group projects, that is all.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: I use substitutes for curse words around my parents, and find them more amusing anyway.
- Dysfunctional Family: To some extent.
- Blind Without 'Em: If I take my glasses off, I can't see an inch in front of me without blurriness.
- Layman's Terms: I often have to put anime and manga into this format when explaining to non-fans.
- Creator Breakdown: I stopped writing fanfics for about 5 or 6 years because I got flamed twice, and after that I kinda lost interest. I Got Better.
- Old Shame: Most of my fanfics I wrote in High School.
- Most Tropers Are Young Nerds: Self-explanatory.
- Wiki Walk
- TV Tropes Will Enhance Your Life
- Gen Fic: This is usually my flavor of fanfic I read and write.
- Extremely Short Timespan: My fanfics Road to Recovery, We Wonder Why, and Never get Caught all take place in the course of one day and/or night.
- Nightmare Fuel: Ugh. Don't show me corpses of animal or human, or realistic blood. Just don't.
- Dog Walks You
- Even Nerds Have Standards: I will NOT intentionally write Mary-Sue fanfics EVER.
- Embarrassing Old Photo: My childhood pictures... just my childhood pictures.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: My favorite ending to any story I read, but also my belief about life.
- Archive Binge: My recent addictions...er, hobbies have me doing this.
Graffiti on my wall, before we got our own page for it.