Geki/Tyranno Ranger | Actor: Yuuta Mochizuki
The Prince of Yamato Tribe, 'Warrior of Justice'. He was raised believing that the King of the Yamato Tribe was his father, until it turns out he was adopted
from the King's sworn enemy, the Black Knight. His natural brother Burai antagonizes him for being raised by their real father's old enemy, but Geki successfully convinced him to bury the hatchet of hate. He wields the Ryugekiken and after Burai's death, he dual wields it with Burai's Zyusouken.
Goushi/Mammoth Ranger | Actor: Seiju Umon (credited under the pseudonym Aohisa Takayasu)
A Knight of the Sharma Tribe and Warrior of Wisdom. Was once Geki's boone companion before being sealed. Raised with his sister Otome, who eventually died fighting Bandora
, inspiring him further.
Dan/Tricera Ranger | Actor: Hideki Fujiwara
A Knight from the Etof Tribe and the Warrior of Courage. A happy-go-lucky jokester guy who's Hotblooded
and likes to slack off, though once he set his sight on something noble, he'd never stop pursuing it.
Boi/Tiger Ranger | Actor: Takumi Hashimoto
A Knight of the Daim Tribe and Warrior of Hope. The youngest of the team, though mentally more mature than Dan. Excels in high speed attacks. Due to his youth, he's popular with kids.
Mei/Ptera Ranger | Actress: Reiko Chiba
The Princess of the Risha Tribe and 'Warrior of Love'. Kind, loving, but has an iron-will. Formed some sort of rivalry with Lamie later on.
- Action Girl
- Badass Princess
- Badass Adorable: She's cute as pie, and yet she proves to be cunning/strong enough to single handedly defeat Dora Monsters herself at times.
- The Chick
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Why are the rest Knights, while she's just Princess? Granted, Geki is also a prince, but at least he's supposed to be the leader.
- Hair Decorations: Changes her hairstyle nearly everytime. Usually with new hair decorations.
- Generation Xerox: Her ancestor once performed a Heroic Sacrifice to destroy a monster. When that monster came back, Mei repeats the event, only without the Heroic Sacrifice.
- Girlish Pigtails: Occasionally sports this.
- Gratuitous English: Like Geki. It's Purinsesu, not Hime.
- Love You and Everybody: Why she could get away with being 'Warrior of Love' and not being romantically involved with anyone. She deals with more universal love.
- Master of Disguise: Once got into a battle with Lamie while changing clothes in the middle of battle.
- The Smurfette Principle
- She's Got Legs: About halfway through the series, Mei's skirt in her civilian outfit is exchanged for noticeably shorter shorts. This appears to have been done not for Fanservice, but for practical reasons, as Mei takes a much more active role in the fight sequences after this point.
- Ship Tease: With Geki by fans.
- The Straight and Arrow Path: Ptera Arrow, because the occasional handgun and its upgrade (Thunder Slinger) isn't enough apparently.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Not in her, but she and her tribe often acts like this to various Dora Monsters, in case that not even Daizyuzin and Dragon Caesar can destroy it.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Among her disguises, the Masked Musketeer would be worn by a man.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: Surprisingly, she is the tomboy in her rivalry with Lamie, mostly because of the trope above and several of her so many hairstyles tend to make her look short-haired (she just ties her hair short)
- Light Feminine and Dark Feminine: On the other hand, though, she's not a complete tomboy and most of the time doing a LOT of feminine things (like liking flowers).
Burai/Dragon Ranger | Actor: Shiro Izumi
The Warrior of Power from the Yamato Tribe. The elder son of the Black Knight and Geki's estranged brother, who came to resent Geki after he was adopted and raised by their father's enemy, the King of the Yamato Tribe. When he came back, he started antagonizing his brother and the Zyurangers, but eventually lets go of his vengeance and aids him in battle even though he has a limited life. Eventually, Bandora discovered his secret and destroyed his hideout, thus slowly killing him, but not after he passed on most of his strength to Geki.
- Aloof Big Brother: A much more cynical example, but he got better.
- Possibly a Deconstruction - when he's not mysteriously appearing to save his brother, he's sitting in isolation hoping he doesn't die.
- Badass: Proves this multiple times, most iconically when he curb stomps the Zyurangers.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Geki's Abel.
- Death's Hourglass: Lives on it.
- Evil Prince: His first act after waking up from millions of years of suspended animation is to proclaim himself as the Prince of the Yamato Tribe before attacking the Zyurangers.
- Heel-Face Turn
- Kamehame Hadoken: The energy projectile he throws during his first battle with the Zyurangers... Which he never uses again.
- Killed Off for Real
- Knight of Cerebus: His introduction provides an arc that's much more serious than the earlier episodes, and his approaching death provided for some more serious episodes leading up to it.
- Redemption Equals Death: Clotho mentions that even though the Zyurangers couldn't save Burai's life, by fulfilling his wish to save the life of a dying boy they could save his soul- possibly, this sacrifice was what allowed him to be forgiven for the evil he'd done in the past.
- Sixth Ranger: The Trope Namer. While not the first ranger to join his team mid-series (being preceded by Big One, as well as Black Bison and Green Sai), he was the first to be both, an actual sixth ranger and a recurring character (X-1 Mask only lasted one episode).
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Which is the reason why the writers limited his powers and later killed him off, since he was overshadowing the other Zyurangers.
- The Usurper: Played around with his debut. His first act upon awakening was to proclaim himself as the Prince of the Yamato Tribe, with Boss Subtitles to match.
- Weapon of Choice
Daizyuzin | Voice: Eiji Maruyama
- Mecha Expansion Pack: He can combined with the Triceratops, Saber Tiger and Zyu Mammoth to form Gouryuzin (Mighty Dragon God).
- Mechanical Lifeforms: He becomes depressed in the episode after Burai dies.
Zyukishin King BrachionAllies
Barza the WizardBandora Gang
Totpat & Bookback