Characters: Gosei Sentai Dairanger
Ryō/Ryu Ranger | Actor: Keiichi Wada
- Badass: The most powerful warrior in the team, he was also the one who killed Shadam. Not to mention having probably the most out of suit fight than the others, owing mostly to Keiichi Wada having trained at martial arts and his genuine martial arts talent.
- Fans always debate if he is the most powerful Red Ranger in history. So, yeah.
- Dual Swords: Sekiryu Soryūkennote
- Instant Expert: After his first henshin, Ryō is suddenly this when it comes to chi power and fighting.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: He's the son of the legendary Choryu, and thus a descendant of the Dai tribe. His KiDenJuu, RyuSeiOh, can also face off and beat enlarged Gorma Monsters; in fact, he's the first Super Sentai warrior to have his own Transforming Mecha.
- The Leader
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He's the son of Iron-Face Choryu, who's first introduced as a servant of the Gorma Monster Archbishop Saw.
- Motion Capture Mecha: Ryuseioh
- Playing with Fire
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Ryusei Senkōnote
- Rookie Red Ranger: He was one of the last Dairangers to join. Subverted with Instant Expert.
- Shirtless Scene: Occasionally goes into this, and when he does, boy is he ripped.
- Signature Move: Inazuma Enjohanote
- Training from Hell
Daigo/Shishi Ranger | Actor: Tatsuya Nōmi
- Fingerless Gloves: Seems to wear them whenever he's not working.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: In contrast with his hot-bloodedness, Daigo's the most likely of the heroes to meditate his way to awesome on his own.
- Groin Attack: Uses one rather blatantly early on.
- Hot-Blooded: In a loose cannon sort of way. This is a guy who gets sucked up by a Gohma and then punches his way out. When he gets angry, expect awesomeness to follow.
- Large Ham: Old!Daigo seems to run on this.
- The Lancer
- Master of Illusion: Has created illusionary doors, tanks, cops, Yamanote-sennote trains, Kujaku on a tricycle... And they all hurt.
- Mundane Utility: He once used Ki to flip out his Aura Changer, rather than pull it out himself.
- Real Men Wear Pink: In contrast to all the tropes mentioned in this section such as Hot-Blooded and Unstoppable Rage, put Daigo in front of children or animals and watch him turn into the kindest man with the most ridiculous faces you will have ever met.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive Guy to Shōji's Manly Man
- Signature Move: Kirigakurenote
- Simple Staff: Shishi Konbōnote
- Unstoppable Rage: Daigo runs on this, especially in episodes featuring him.
- What the Hell, Hero?
Shōji/Tenma Ranger | Actor: Ei Hamura
- Boisterous Bruiser: Is fun-loving and rather loud and Hot-Blooded to go with.
- The Big Guy: He can use his gravity abilities to increase his strength or speed, greatly increasing his fighting prowess.
- Catch Phrase: Shouji has a knack of saying "This ain't funny!" when things didn't go as he expected.
- Delinquent: Formerly. (This characterization was helped by the actor also being one in his youth.)
- Fighting with Chucks: Tenma Nunchakusnote
- Gravity Master
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Shouji is the most likely to fly off the handle with rage.
- Large Ham: Old!Shōji is losing his hearing and a bad hip, but mostly suffers from this.
- Plucky Comic Relief
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Manly Man to Daigo's Sensitive Guy.
- Signature Move: Juryoku Gyakutenhanote
Kazu/Kirin Ranger | Actor: Keisuke Tsuchiya
- Camp Straight: A beautician who works in salon. Totally not gay.note
- Drunken Boxing: And has the most difficult pose as a result.note
- Epic Flail: Kirin Ku-setsu Bennote
- The Heart
- Making Use of the Twin: In #25, when the Copy Empress made evil duplicates of the Dairangers, Kazu's clone was played by Keisuke Tsuchiya's twin brother, Daisuke. The roles were later reversed when Daisuke went on to play Blue Beet on Juukou B-Fighter two years later, while Keisuke played his Evil Counterpart Shadow Beet.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Uncommonly for a Sentai hero, Kazu usually wears a three-piece suit.
- Signature Move: Jikan Gaeshinote
- Time Master: He can rewind time as he sees fit, although he doesn't use it much.
Rin/Hōō Ranger | Actress: Natsuki Takahashi
- Blade on a Stick: Yari Hōōnote
- Blow You Away: Which she can do untransformed as well.
- The Chick
- Chinese Girl: She came from China, disguised as a transfer student.
- But Not Too Foreign: It's been rumored that the actress playing Lin is part Japanese and part American.
- Ship Tease: With Ryō. The "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue hints that Rin might have married Ko or had a relationship with him.
- Signature Move: Ichimonji Tatsumakinote
- The Smart Girl
- The Smurfette Principle
- Spell My Name with an "S": Lin or Rin? You would think it would be "Lin", seeing how she's Chinese, but in the episode where she became a pop-star, it was spelled "Rin".
Kō/Kiba Ranger | Actor: Hisashi Sakai
- Bratty Half-Pint
- Dual Age Modes
- Kid-Appeal Character: Figuratively and granted.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He's the son of Shadam.
- Make Me Wanna Shout
- Named Weapons: Kō calls the Byakkoshinken "Byakko-chan" (referencing Himitsu no Akko-chan).
- Older Alter Ego: Gains the physique of an adult when he transforms, but his voice remains unchanged.
- Secret Identity: The other Dairangers don't know Kiba Ranger's identity for some time, with some help from Byakko-chan.
- Ship Tease: See Lin's entry.
- Signature Move: Koshinsei Midare Yamabikonote
- Sixth Ranger
- Skinship Grope: One of his favorite hobbies: grope Rin's breasts. Alternatively, flip her skirt.
- Never Live It Down: He stopped doing those things within five episodes of his introduction. But because those five episodes were chock full of instances of him doing it, and because what he did was completely inexcusable, he's become mostly known for this in retrospect.
- Talking Sword: Byakkoshinkennote
- Because of Kou's age, he spoke for him as Kiba Ranger early on, until his cover gets blown.
- Tagalong Kid
- Transforming Mecha: The Wong Tiger.
- Domestic Abuse: He punches Akomaru into a chair and knocks him to the floor. Akomaru bleeds.
- Dragon-in-Chief: Becomes Dragon Ascendant when he kills Emperor Gorma XV.
- The Heavy
- Luke, I Am Your Father: He is Ko's father, but Ko himself never gets to find this out.
- One-Winged Angel: After Gorma XV dies, Shadam steals his powers and becomes Emperor Gorma XVI.
- The Starscream
Lieutenant Colonel GaraOnce Kujaku's childhood friend that got a scar in exchange for saving her life from many years ago. Thinking that Kujaku had betrayed her, she joined Gorma and trapped Kujaku in a Mirror Make-up Artist. She's revealed to have died long ago in a battle after she joined Gorma and became an angel in heaven.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence
- Dead All Along
- Dark Chick
- Forgiveness - While it's true that the real Gara died many years ago and the current one is a copy, the fact that she didn't try to communicate with Kujaku still makes this trope play out.
- Woman in Black:Woman in White for the true Gara.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Attempts to kill her own Gorma kaijin that trapped Kujaku and Daigo to prevent them from escaping.
- Book Dumb: Gorma Emperor XV asks why it's taking so long for them to conquer one tiny island. Zydos has no idea what he's talking about.
- The Brute
- The Corrupter: Gave Jin the means to become a devil Gorma boxer.
- Psycho for Hire
Emperor Gorma XV
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Orcus on His Throne: He doesn't really do much of anything aside from playing games (although he did bring Akomaru back from Hell).
- Jerkass: Humiliates Shadam to the point that Shadam becomes a *Butt Monkey* to the Gorma Palace attendants.
AkomaruGeneral Shadam's first son and one of the Gorma Generals. He was killed by a falling rock and resurrected by the emperor. He's later revealed to be Kō's older twin brother.
- Brother Brother Incest: Not that serious, but Akomaru says to Kou "did you like holding my hand back then Kibaranger?"
- Enemy Civil War: Seems to have this with his father Shadam.
- Enfante Terrible: And how. Most of this is likely attributed to his father Shadam's mistreatment of him.
- Jerkass: His final plan was to blackmail Ko to join the Gorma with his mother's life. When he did not comply he blew her away so Ko could never find her again and slightly rubs it in his face before he dies the first time
- Missing Mom: Subverted. She was captured and held by Gorma the entire time. He used her as hostage in fact
- Manipulative Bastard: In one episode we see Ko befriend a new girl attending his school who has an abusive mother. She pinches her, makes her buy dinner on her own, and shows disregard for her kidnapping when Ko caught her playing tennis leisurely - she outright makes a commentary that "mothers like her exist". Sounds over-the-top and forced right? That's correct because both mother and Ko's friend were the Ring Priestess and Akomaru in disguise. It was all a plot to get Ko to despise his mother and become a Gorma from his hatred.
- Royal Brat: Got to have a high position in Gorma due to General Tenpou raising him after Shadam abandoned him. While Shadam's abusive treatment warrants understanding for Akomaru's temper he still gets annoying with how he constantly eggs his father to the point he dares him to hurt him. Also he cuts Shadam's face with a feather while he was having a victory toast.
Jin Matoba/Demon Boxer Jin
Daijinryu (Great God Dragon)A dragon god who's task it is to keep the peace across the universe. And since the battle between the Gohma and the Dairangers threatens to distrupt that peace, he comes to earth to interfere. But unfortunately, Daijinryu does not make any difference between good and evil, and is even willing to wipe out humanity to stop the conflict between the two factions.
- Above Good and Evil: Literally. It's task is to preserve peace. Concepts like good and evil are alien to it.
- Eldritch Abomination
- Jerkass Gods: Destroys a large chunk of Tokyo just to prove it is serious in carrying out its task.
- Our Dragons Are Different: In this case, a dragon is 500 meters long, being easily able to stomp on the mecha of the Dairangers, has godly powers, and is tasked to preserve peace.
- Physical God