- Attention Deficit Oh Shiny: Luke is extremely impatient and has problems to focus, which reflects on low grades and some of the episodes' conflicts coming as a direct consequence of his rushed decisions.
- Bag of Holding: Resus' magical cape can produce pretty much anything, but it has a mind of its own, and Resus rarely gets what he wants, at least not until he tries a few times.
- The Blank: Sir Otto's manservant Nameless is a hulking faceless humanoid construct.
- Cute Monster Girl: Cleo the mummy fits this trope, as do "Cute Monster Boys" Resus the vampire (with his Cute Little Fangs) and Luke the werewolf (though not so much when he's in his full wolf form!)
- Expository Theme Song: The theme song introduces the main character, Luke, and his friends, as well as describing their powers.
- Fish out of Water: Mr Watson, Luke's father, is an overly sensitive man, and he is yet to get used to live among monsters.
- Friendless Background: Luke, before moving to Scream Street.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Not just the vampires, but pretty much all the monsters are as friendly as normal people. Subverted in some episodes when, under special circumstances, the monsters become quite dangerous.
- Friendly Zombie: Doug is a laid-back Surfer Dude zombie who is good friends with Luke and often hangs out with him.
- Hot Witch: Eefa; partially subverted as she uses magic to keep her attractive appearance. Without it, she has a classic Wicked Witch look.
- Horrifying the Horror: While most of the residents are monsters, they all are fearful and/our cautious from larger, aggressive creatures, or even from themselves when something happens that turns a normally friendly resident into a menace.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Resus' main personal issue. He has no vampiric powers and his magical cape rarely works for him, so he longs for actual powers or to be genuinely respected and admired by his musical abilities.
- Love Potion: The plot for the episode "Love Potion".
- Mayor Pain: Otto; aside from being the direct cause of several of the show's conflicts, he often takes advantage of any problem caused by the other characters for his own gain.
- Monster Mash: Mummies, vampires, a werewolf, zombies, goblins, undead skeletons and many more.
- Our Monsters Are Different:
- Our Vampires Are Different: Resus' parents are similar to the Classical Movie Vampire type, in both looks and powers, but sunlight doesn't affect them; they reproduce like normal humans and they also age, even if they do it at a very slow rate so they can live for hundreds of years. Also, while they still feed on blood, they don't bite people for sustenance, as they can get blood from special pipes installed on most homes. They still need to feed regularly or they fall victim of Horror Hunger.
- Our Werewolves Are Different: Luke doesn't get transformed by the full moon but by anger, and, despite Hulking Out, he always gets his clothes fully repaired when changing back to human. As he gains more control over his condition, Luke can achieve Partial Transformation to gain Super Senses (getting wolf ears and/or nose), and moderate Super Speed and strength (transforming his feet and/or hands) while retaining his humanity.
- Our Zombies Are Different: The show's zombies are undead corpses that retain their memories and personalities. They also go through all kind of Injury Tropes without feeling any pain. They can also separate their limbs and even their heads from their bodies without any ill effects, and getting reattached with ease.
- Muggle Born of Mages: Resus has yet to show any supernatural power despite both his parents being vampires. Luke's the opposite case, being a supernatural being with normal human parents.
- The Show of the Books: Adapted from the book series by Tommy Donbavand.
- Shout-Out: Eefa keeps her good looks thanks to a magical painting that shows her true Wicked Witch aspect. Unlike Dorian Gray's case, however, the magic isn't in the painting but on the frame, and it can be removed to use it on other people's portraits, with similar effects. Also, the magic only makes Eefa attractive, without stoping her from aging.
- Soul Jar: Cleo keeps her still beating heart in a jar, and she'd die for good if it gets destroyed. It's shown that the heart, despite no longer being inside Cleo's body, still beats faster whenever she's too excited or making a big physical effort, and she feels pain whenever someone squeezes it too hard.
- Stop Motion: The show's animation style.
- ¡Three Amigos!:Luke, Resus and Cleo.
- Women Are Wiser: Cleo tends to be the Only Sane Woman. However, she's Not So Above It All, and, whenever she makes a mistake, it tends to be quite troublesome/dangerous.
Western Animation / Scream Street