A 2002 television series by D'Ocon Films Productions. It features the story of a puppy, Scruff, who is adopted by a farm worker named Peter. The show was directed by Antoni D'Ocon.
This work contains the following tropes:
- 2D Visuals, 3D Effects: All of the characters in the show are drawn in traditional animation, while all of the backgrounds and any objects that aren't the focus of the plot are in CG, making the art look very off at times. Not a lot of cartoons use this style.
- An Aesop
- Art Shift
- Character Title
- Deadpan Snarker: White Socks, Sanda, possibly Tricks at times
- The Fool: Peter.
- Hong Kong Dub
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: Strummer
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: White Socks
- Kid Hero: Scruff
- Last of His Kind: Scruff
- Limited Animation: You can tell that animation frames, walk cycles etc. get recycled like it's the Hanna-Barbera days all over again (contributing to the aforementioned Hong Kong Dub). Though to be fair it's not as bad as fellow D'Ocon series The Fruitties, where such problems were far more obvious.
- Monster Clown: One Man Circus
- No Accounting for Taste: Holly and Peter, Sanda and Truffles
- Noble Demon: Truffles
- One-Word Title
- Team Mom: Sanda
- Tsundere: Princess