They were flushed on down,
But then they mutated in,
Into Flush Force.
Released by Spin Master in 2017, Flush Force is a blind-bagged toyline of gross objects and creatures. Forgotten and flushed away into the sewers, the Flushies were mutated and came to life, and are ready to wreak havoc on the surface world.
Unlike many blind bag toys, Flush Force has a special Flush to reveal opening gimmick. Sold in toilet-shaped containers, the tank cover is opened up to be filled with water. The whole container is then shook, breaking the dissolvable paper that hides the Flushies, revealing them in the bowl.
Flush Force provides examples of:
- Animate Body Parts: The Putrid Parts family is made up of living body parts.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Some of the families of Flushies are made up of teams that were originally inanimate objects before being mutated. These include the Dump Divers (non-recyclable garbage), the Street Freaks (road safety objects), and the Clean Freaks (cleaning supplies).
- Anthropomorphic Food: The Flushie families of the Grimy Grubs (produce) and the Mean Munchies (fast food) are mutated pieces of food.
- Apologises a Lot: Funky Skunky, due to her farting issues, is crippled with insecurity, constantly apologizing after she causes others to scatter.
- Bat Out of Hell: Subverted with Night Terror and Bat Bit Crazy, two kindly, if not a bit spooky, bats. Theyre both a bit loopy, to the point that even on the ground, they prefer to be upside-down. Night Terror is also the first Flushie to accept Funky Skunky as a friend.
- Berserk Button: Flushies have a spot that they love to be petted, and one they hate to be petted. Pet the spot they hate, and they'll angrily snap at you, while their happiness meter refuses to fill up.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: On the topic of Road Rashs birthday cake in A Bridge Too Fart:Porcuplant: Are you turds gonna get over here or what? Its Road Rashs birthday, and were just about to cut the cheese! I mean, cake. I mean cheesecake?
- Bucket Helmet: Croco Bile and Chomp Bucket both wear buckets on top of their heads.
- Cats Hate Water: Subverted with Kitty Cast and Cat Fish, two mermaid cats that are part of the Foul Floaters family.
- Cats Have Nine Lives: In reference to this is the Gruesome Twosome member 18 Lives, a two-headed cat.
- Creepy Cockroach: Roach Coach is a disgusting neon green cockroach.
- Cyclops: A large amount of Flushies are mutated to have only one eye.
- Disgusting Public Toilet: The hub to get out of the sewers is a slimy toilet.
- Eggshell Clothing: Beak Freak and Turd Bird are two-headed birds still wearing their eggshell half on their bottoms.
- Extra Eyes: Various Flushies, such as Porcuplant, Foul Growl, and Fright Lights, along with their variants, have more than two eyes.
- Friendly, Playful Dolphin: Capt-Fin and Flippy Blowhole are two cheerful inner tube-wearing dolphins that sport an eyepatch.
- Gasshole: Funky Skunky, fitting of her being a skunk. Her stinky farts are strong enough to make flowers wilt. Despite this, Night Terror and Face Palm are the only two that seem to be able to stand her stench, Night Terror more than Face Palm.
- Grossout Show: The toyline is heavily immersed in grossness, the webseries even more.
- Heh Heh, You Said "X": Croco Bile, when he meets Skid Roll:Croco Bile: Whoa! It's talking, it's talking!
Skid Roll: The name's Skid Roll, and you're a talking crocodile. Whoop-de-freakin'-doo doo.
Croco Bile: Ha-hah, you said "doo doo".
- Hulk Speak: Log Jammer has a broken and simplistic speech pattern.
- Ironic Fear: Monstrous Maggot, despite being a garbage-living maggot, is Terrified of Germs.
- Let's Meet the Meat:
- Pooperoni, a slice of mutant pizza that resembles a scorpion, has pizza as his favorite food in the app.
- In the app as well, Rotten Core, a mutant apple, has apples has his favorite food.
- Man-Eating Plant: The Mean Greens family is made up of living and snappy plants.
- Messy Maggots: Monstrous Maggot subverts this trope. Despite being a maggot living in a dump, he is very fussy, and a giant germaphobe, explicitly preferring his garbage to be "clean and tidy".
- Multiple Head Case: The Gruesome Twosome family is made up of animals with two heads.
- Palette Swap: Each Flushie has two different color palettes for their mold. Unlike many other blind bag toys, however, each color is treated as its own character, instead of just a repeat of the same.
- Purple Is Powerful: If the toilet water turns purple for the toy, that means a limited edition Putrid Parts Flushie is in the bowl, some of the rarest ones with the highest worth.
- Ragin' Cajun: The aptly named Ragin Cagin, a crab that presents himself as ultra-tough, but hes actually hiding nervousness and a not-so-bright personality.
- Rascally Raccoon: Foul Growl and Rubbish Raccoon are both three-eyed raccoons. Foul Growl in particular has a tendency to stake his claim as leader wherever he ends up.
- Rise to the Challenge: The "Toilet Plunge" game has the player guiding their Flushie up a wall via bouncing, as a rising wave of slime goes up the screen. It can be passed up, but lag too much on a single obstacle, and it will reach the player.
- Series Mascot: Croco Bile is commonly used as the lead Flushie.
- Sewer Gator: Croco Bile and Chomp Bucket are two sewer-living alligators with buckets on their heads.
- One of the snakes hiding inside of a parking meter is named Money Python.
- One of the living traffic cones is named Danger Cone. He sings a parody of the song in the episode A Bridge Too Fart.
- One of the flies is named Farty McFly.
- For a stealth shout-out, in the app, Skid Roll, a mutated toilet paper roll, has candy bars for his favorite food.
- One of the commercials inexplicably uses Greaseburger and Dodgey Donut from The Grossery Gang as set dressing, despite the fact that the two franchises are from separate companies.
- In "Home is Where the Fart Is", Funky Skunky's fart cloud forms a heart shape when it hits Night Terror, appearing to "kiss" his nose. He is the only one to not to reel back at all from her stench.
- In the same episode, Kitty Cast and Mean Steamed are seen cuddling each other on a bench.
- Shrinking Violet: Funky Skunky, due to her stench causing others to flee in terror, is horribly crippled with anxiety, with a quiet and squeaky voice to match.
- Slime, Snails, and Mutant Tails: The whole toyline consists of gross creatures in sludgy toilets.
- Smelly Skunk: Funky Skunky has a farting problem, which cripples her self-esteem, as almost no one except Night Terror and Face Palm wants to befriend her.
- Terrified of Germs: Monstrous Maggot, despite being a maggot living in a junkyard, is a huge germaphobe that prefers his garbage to be clean and tidy.
- Toilet Humour: The whole franchise is made up of toilet jokes, with tons of fart, burp, and vomit jokes to go around.
- Toilet Teleportation: How the Flushies travel, they use the toilets as their escape ports from the sewers.
- Toxic Waste Can Do Anything: A toxic leak in the sewers is what mutated the Flushies into what they are.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Each Flushie has a favorite food in the app to feed them. These options include chicken legs, apples, candy bars, carrots, French fries, sandwiches, pizza, cake, fish, and socks.
- Valley Girl: Porcuplant speaks in this dialect, but shes less of a ditz, more of a snarker.
- Vegetarian Carnivore: In the app, Twin Grin, a two-headed shark, has apples as their favorite food, despite fish being an option in the game.
- Vomit Chain Reaction: In the ending of the episode Party 'Til You Puke, this is set off when Upchuck Duck pukes from a harsh swimming landing. However, this is only because he ate bad tacos, which Monstrous Maggot had been eating on the entire time, while he overheard what happened.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Rubber Chucky and Upchuck Duck are constantly-puking rubber ducks.