Lisa Ortiz (born December 11, 1974) is an American theatre and voice actress, best known for her roles in English anime adaptations. She is perhaps best known for the roles of the high-elf Deedlit in Record of Lodoss War, Lina Inverse in Slayers, and Tony Tony Chopper in One Piece (4Kids dub). Her extensive résumé also includes the role of Amy Rose in Sonic X, and Serenity Wheeler in Yu-Gi-Oh!. She has voiced Amy Rose in the Sonic the Hedgehog series of video games from Shadow the Hedgehog to Sonic Colors (where she was replaced by Cindy Robinson), as the successor to voice actress Jennifer Douillard, who voiced the character from Sonic Adventure to Sonic Advance 3. She even continues her voice roles in Pokémon with the added bonus of becoming the voice director for the show.
A native of New York City and frequently meeting people who speak other languages, she helps in creating the dialect voices for which she is well recognized.
In 2019, Ortiz moved to Los Angeles.
Her personal website can be found here.
Do not confuse her with Edge's ex-wife, a civilian who happened to be named Lisa Ortiz. Also do not confuse her with a cast member of the series Hillside (called Fifteen in the US) named Lisa Ortiz.
Notable roles from Lisa Ortiz:
- Akumako in K.O. Beast
- Amy Rose in Sonic X and the games following Shadow the Hedgehog until 2010, where she was replaced by Cindy Robinson starting with Sonic Colors.
- Azalyn and Pilot Trainees Emi and Yumi Hanner in Irresponsible Captain Tylor
- Barbara, Patty, and Claire in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
- Blair Flannigan, Maiden in Love, Elemental Hero Burstinatrix, Claret, Mindy, Linda, and Yasmin in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Burnin/Moe Kamiji in My Hero Academia
- Carol in the Vídeo Brinquedo Mockbuster Ratatoing, which she now considers an Old Shame.
- Chisa Tsukamoto in Comic Party
- Cynthia Velasquez in Silent Hill 4
- Daisy, Sabrina, Liza, Satsuki, Luka, Shauna, Flannery, Mars, Korrina, and Ash's Oshawott in Pokémon
- Deedlit in Record of Lodoss War (her first voice-acting role)
- Fuu Hououji in Magic Knight Rayearth (OVAs only, Fuu was voiced by Bridget Hoffman in the TV series)
- Icy, Digit, Musa and Mitzi in the 4Kids dub of Winx Club
- Faragonda in the Du Art English dub
- Izanami in Smite
- Kaoruko Yamada in Kujibiki Unbalance
- Koran in Legend of Himiko
- Lala-Ru in Now and Then, Here and There
- Lina Inverse in almost all Slayers incarnations (with the exception of the movies and OVAs)
- She introduces herself at conventions as "sounding more and more like Lina Inverse every day".
- Lotus Hanazoe in Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL
- Melona in Queen's Blade (under pseudonym)
- Mikiko "Kuromi" Oguro in Animation Runner Kuromi
- Nanaka Nakatomi in Magic User's Club
- Noembelu in Street Fighter V
- Patina (Majorika) in Magical DoReMi
- Roxanne in Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy
- Serenity Wheeler (Shizuka Kawai) in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Shiori Takatsuki in Revolutionary Girl Utena
- Tomoko Hoshina in To Heart
- Tony Tony Chopper in the 4Kids dub of One Piece
Lisa Ortiz's works provides examples of:
- Cute, but Cacophonic: She is well known for her high-pitched characters like Amy Rose despite having a voice that isn't naturally high.
- Old Shame: Her role in the 2007 copycat film Ratatoing. When asked about it four years later, she said that she was ashamed people even knew the movie existed, let alone that she was one of the voice actors. Her performance in the film was very clearly phoned in. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCLbRUeKY_8 (11:50 in this video)
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: She's usually cast as a Magical Girl or a Genki Girl. But what's more reccurring are the tendencies of her Magical Girl Characters, who are often spunky, energetic, and/or dark.