Before her appearance on the show, Whitney worked locally in northern Florida and appeared on the cover of Jacksonville Magazine three times. Besides modeling, Whitney worked at Chets Creek Elementary School in the before-and-after-school day care programs and she attended Duncan University, Fletcher High School and the University of North Florida, where she was a member of Alpha Chi Omega.
Whitney competed against thirteen other contestants to win Cycle 10 of Americas Next Top Model. Some of the judges criticized her performances and personality as being too pageant and fake. Thompson received a first call-out during the music-themed photo shoot, and won one CoverGirl of the Week title, from the final photo shoot challenge of Cycle 10. She landed in the bottom two a total of four times.
Although she is naturally a brunette, Thompson received blonde hair extensions for her makeover on the show. After the show, she changed her hair color to dark blonde.
As part of the ANTM prize package awarded to her, Thompson received a contract with CoverGirl cosmetics and a contract from Elite Model Management. She also received the cover and six-page editorial spread in the July 2008 issue of Seventeen. Thompsons CoverGirl contract includes a U.S. national TV commercial, print advertising, and a billboard in Times Square.
- Arrogant Model Girl: she came off conceited at times
- Big Beautiful Woman: she was the first plus-sized winner
- Large Ham: "Where's the Saran Wrap?!" No pun intended, of course.
- Real Women Have Curves: She repeatedly says this.
- Some of My Best Friends Are X: She infamously pulled this after being accused of being a racist.
Anya Kanani Rozova is a fashion model. Born in Russia, Rozova is a naturalized U.S. citizen who was raised in Hawaii by adoptive parents. Under the name Anya Kop, Rozova was the runner-up of Cycle 10 of Americas Next Top Model. After appearing on Americas Next Top Model, Anya changed her surname from Kop to her original Russian surname, Rozova.
Born in Leningrad, Russian SFSR, USSR (now Saint Petersburg, Russia), Anya was adopted at age four by Mike Kop and Bal Patterson and was raised in the Waialae section of Honolulu, Hawaii. Rozova attended Moanalua Elementary School and Moanalua Middle School then graduated from Waipahu High School in 2007. In high school, Anya danced Hula and Tahitian, and was a member of the Polynesian Club.
Anya was the runner-up on Cycle 10 of Americas Next Top Model. The judges often praised Anya s bubbly personality and high-fashion appeal. Anya started off strong in the beginning of the competition, receiving the first call-out, which would be her first of five, tying her with Cycle 6 runner-up Joanie Dodds for having the highest number of first call-outs. In the third episode, Anya received a makeover that changed her naturally brown, wavy hair to platinum blonde. Anya won three challenges, including a nude photoshoot photographed by Nigel Barker and also won the opportunity to appear in a 7-Up advertisement with an Au Naturale theme, receiving $10,000 from 7-Up. Anya received a dress by Gai Mattiolo as her third challenge prize. Series viewers voted Anya Covergirl of the Week for week 10. During the Covergirl commercial challenge, the judges praised Anya for her relatable personality, but her print advertisement photograph received mixed reviews. Chosen as a finalist, Anya participated in a mock Versace fashion show in Rome against competitor Whitney Thompson. During final judging, the judges criticized her for being too restrained in the fashion show and she lost to Whitney. Anya was featured on the November 19, 2008 broadcast of Cycle 11 as one of the Top Models in Action.
- Aloha, Hawaii!: she is from Hawaii
- The Ditz: "We're gonna be on like the river!"
- Dumb Blonde: After her makeover.
- Funny Foreigner: The judges treat her as this at times, mocking her accent.
- Glorious Mother Russia: Subverted.
- Graceful Loser: Although she does not win, she still congratulates Whitney and says, "I'm proud of myself. I might not be America's Next Top Model, but I have my whole career ahead of me."
- Happily Adopted: she was adopted from Hawaiian parents
- The Klutz: after she falls off the bus in Rome.
- Nice Girl: Often considered one of the kindest and most positive contestants in the show's history.
- No-Damage Run: As with Joanie from Cycle 6, the only thing that subverts this is not winning the competition.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: she had a lot of success after the show
- Statuesque Stunner: she is 5'10"
Fatima Siad is a Somalia-Ethiopian fashion model. Raised in Boston, Massachusetts, she placed third on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 10.
Born in Mogadishu, Somalia to a Somali mother and a Somali-Ethiopian father, Fatima grew up in Somalia with her mother and two sisters. Her parents divorced at a young age. She underwent female genital cutting (circumcision) when she was seven years old. Her two sisters were killed by the Somali army during the civil war. After her sisters deaths, Fatima and her mother fled to the United States when she was thirteen for safety. Siad states that she lived in a shack and had low self-esteem when she was younger. She was a Posse Scholar and went to Bryn Mawr College in 2004. She transferred to New York University to study pre-med and political science. She eventually transferred back to Bryn Mawr College to finish her education.
During ANTM, Fatima Siad came into the competition with a powerful story to tell and a chance to inspire others. She placed third in her cycle. Fatima received three first call-outs and four bottom-two appearances, the same amount as winner Whitney Thompson. She won one challenge, in which she received 50 extra frames for her photo shoot. Fatima was criticized for not being able to take direction well. She was given long, chestnut brown extensions as part of her makeover. Siad missed a photo shoot, while trying to gather appropriate travel documents, which she allegedly lost in Atlanta. That almost cost her the competition, as she landed in the bottom two along with Stacy Ann Fequiere, but a stronger, improving portfolio saved her.
In one interview, Siad stated that she felt that the show was a joke and thought Claire Unabia, Lauren Utter, Katarzyna Dolinska or Anya Rozova should have won or at least not have been eliminated as early as they were. She also stated that the show may be based on politics.
Fatima was the last girl featured in the Top Models in Action segment that aired during Cycle 12. Fatima also starred in Modelville and she placed third in the competition.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To Iman Abdulmajid.
- Dark and Troubled Past: she came to the US as a Somalian refugee
- Jerkass: At her worst.
- Magnificent Bitch: Throughout the show she was this, although it often crossed into manipulative bitch.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: quite possibly one of the most successful ANTM alumni
Dominique Reighard was a 23-year-old receptionist from Columbus, Ohio. Dominique was mostly known for her drag queen/tranvestite facial qualities, the botched makeover she received, and her knock-down, drag-out fight with Claire and Whitney over her alarm clock. Dominiques performance on the show began somewhat weak, but began to improve greatly after she was almost eliminated in episode two. In the end, Dominique came in fourth behind winner, Whitney Thompson.
During episode two, Top Model makeovers, Dominiques makeover included a short cut and a dark brown dye for her hair. Because it didnt have the edge that Tyra originally wanted, her hair was later re-dyed dark blonde. Frequently during the series, Dominiques facial structure was compared to that of a transvestite. Both Mr. Jay and Ms. Jay referred to her as very drag at times. On the other hand, Dominiques poses were compared to that of a ballerina.
During her stint on ANTM, Claire scolded Dominique because her clock woke her up. It wasnt the first time that the girls were disrupted by Dominiques alarms. Annoyed with the noise, most of the girls sided with Claire. The argument went so bad that Claire called Dominique a few choice words. Dominique then asked Claire if she talks to her husband that way, to which Claire answered, at least I have a husband. (Dominique has one child but is not married.)
There was also a time when Dominique was feeling sick but the other girls continued to be rude to her. Claire, Whitney and Lauren badmouthed Dominique even when they were all in the same room. One night after midnight, Dominique was trying to get some rest. She told the girls to take their nastiness and attitude somewhere else. The girls ignored her and continued to talk about her as she tried to sleep.
Dominique also had a verbal altercation with Whitney after the latter said she had no respect for Dominique, and attacked her lack of education, to which Dominique responded by calling Whitney a racist. Dominique was later seen calling her mom and saying that the other girls were ganging up on her
During the seventh episode, Dominique, Stacy Ann and Whitney had the pleasure of winning the go-sees challenge and were rewarded with photo shoots for Seventeen magazines June issue.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To Leona Lewis.
- Hero of Another Story: She won Modelville, a segment on Tyra's eponymous talk show.
- It's All About Me: "I want to be like freakin' Mother Teresa but in a diva kind of way!"
- Small Name, Big Ego: the judges accuse of being conceited.
- Third-Person Person: she talks about herself in the third person often.
Katarzyna is from Roslyn, NY and worked in finance before the show. During her initial interviews with the judges, she revealed she attended Cornell University. Katarzyna held her own during the season, but was constantly under scrutiny for not having an outgoing personality.
Katarzyna won two challenges, during episodes four and five, and was also voted Cover Girl of the Week during week seven and her elimination week (which does not usually occur). Even though it seemed to most fans that Katarzyna would end up in the final three, she was the ninth girl eliminated from the show.
- Beauty Mark: She has a birthmark on her left cheek.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Specifically during the Yacht shoot.
- Ivy League for Everyone: She graduated from Cornell prior to the series
- It Is Pronounced KATAR-zi-NA: Definitely a Running Gag for the panel. Not so much with the fans.
- The Quiet One: It brings up in panel.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Post-Makeover.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: she had a lot of success after the series.
- Shocking Elimination: She came in fifth place after never having been in the bottom two.
- The Unfavorite: To the panel.
Lauren Utter was a 22-year-old artist from Brooklyn, New York. Standing 60″ tall, Lauren was Cycle 10s tallest contestant. Lauren seemed uncomfortable and awkward in her modeling skin at the beginning of the competition, but began becoming more confident, leading her to progress as a contestant. She was complimented during her go-sees challenges, but was told by designers that she seemed uncomfortable.
Lauren was also documented on the show for siding with Claire during an argument about Dominiques alarm clock going off at early hours. Lauren also joined Whitney and Claire while choosing to badmouth Dominique while Dominique was present in the room.
During the 9th episode, Lauren accidentally cut her thumb while chopping onions. The wound was so severe that she had to get it stitched. Luckily, that same week, Lauren was voted CoverGirl of the Week by viewers.
After making it to the final six, Lauren and the other girls traveled to Italy. Lauren made it clear that she felt she didnt fit in with the rest of the girls or the style of the city. As documented by the show, she spent much of her time moping around and slamming things around the apartment. While in Italy, the girls filmed a 30-second Cover Girl commercial in Italian, but Lauren spoke at an inaudible volume and looked miserable the entire time. Her commercial was deemed the worst of the group and was the eighth model to be eliminated from Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 10.
- Celebrity Resemblance: With Martha Plimpton and Sarah Polley.
- Dark and Troubled Past: As revealed on Modelville.
- Deadpan Snarker: often made snarky comments in the confessionals.
- Girliness Upgrade: After her makeover
- Statuesque Stunner: at 6'1", she was the tallest contestant this season.
- Tomboy: she said most of her friends were guys and she wasn't used to living in a house with all girls.
Stacy Ann was the 22-year-old student from Miami, Florida. During Stacy Anns appearance on the show, she won two challenges and was featured in a shoot for Seventeen Magazine as a prize for one of those wins. Even though her performance progressed quickly from average to exceptional, Stacy Ann ended up being eliminated in episode nine. She lost the top spot to Fatima, who didnt participate in the shoot due to travel document mishaps.
After her elimination, Stacy Ann admitted in an interview with BuddyTV that Dominique annoyed her. She was the one person in the house that I didnt really like, said Stacy Ann. Everybody else in the house I got along with. Working under pressure, she tried to remain neutral between all the drama and all the fights.
Stacy Ann also believed Fatima should have gone home instead of her. She thought girls should be eliminated immediately once they miss a photo shoot. So when she was standing next to Fatima, she was convinced and confident that shed be staying on the show. However, the judges chose to retain Fatima. I cant believe theyre going to send me home even though she missed the photo shoot and she didnt have her papers, which was totally unfair, Stacy Ann explained.
- The Cutie: her audition where she gives Mr. Jay a lap dance
- Happily Married: She insisted that getting married at 18 was a choice because she and her husband were very much in love. Five years later, he was incredibly supportive of her career. He even wrote a song for her, which was then incorporated into the show in future seasons.
- The Heart: she was always an optimist
- Nice Girl: she had lots of friends during the show
Claire Unabia was the 24-year-old production coordinator from New York, New York. Throughout the show, Claire had consistently strong photos and standout performances, winning two reward challenges and winning the Cover Girl of the week title five weeks in a row. Additionally, during the third episode, she won the make-up challenge held at Wal-Mart. During episode six, Claire struggled to portray country music in her music genres photo shoot and landed in the bottom two with Aimee, and was spared. During episode seven, she struggled again with her face down on the water photo shoot, and was sent home for her lack of versatility. Claire was the sixth model eliminated.
Claire described the task of balancing motherhood with her modeling career as a tricky one. Claires participation in the competition required her to leave her baby behind for some time. Even though she missed her baby, she moved on with the show, using her baby and husband as her inspiration.
Regarding her elimination, Claire maintained a clear mind about it even though she was also disappointed. To go home was kind of heartbreaking in a way, but after being in the bottom two the previous week, it was kind of hard for them to choose anyone else, she said. She also understood the fact that the judges wanted to see improvement more than just skill. Claire also admitted in interviews that it was a great fault that she didnt impress them more every week.
Aimee Wright was the 18-year-old hostess from Spanaway, Washington. During her time on America's Next Top Model Cycle 10, Aimee had solid photos, and was even praised for her performance during the Elle MacPherson lingerie photo shoot in episode two. During episode six, Aimee struggled to portray an R&B music diva in the music genre shoot and was eliminated. She was the fifth model eliminated from Cycle 10.
Despite her age, Aimee believed she was definitely ready for the competition. In her opinion, she was more mature than some of the other girls there. She described the fights in the house as petty and ridiculous. Itd be over really stupid stuff, so a lot of times I just tried to stay out of the drama. Im not one to really get in on the arguments with people, Aimee has said.
The judges concluded that she was too young and that she needed to experience life a tad more before really pursuing modeling. "They just want me to maybe travel and get out there more. They want me to get into the modeling world and really experience it for what it really is. I think they just feel like I'm more sheltered than I really am," she explained.
Aimee also admitted there were times she was confused and frustrated with the judges comments. When she was criticized for looking a lot of a chameleon, Aimee didnt get it. I had always seen being a chameleon as such a positive thing, and yet they were kind of criticizing me for it, she shared.
- Icy Blue Eyes: Especially noticeable in her fourth pictorial, the paint photoshoot.
- Fiery Red Head: After her makeover.
- Nice Girl: she was sweet to her fellow castmates.
- Raised Mormon: She grew up in a Mormon household, but is no longer sure what to believe in, and this put a rift between her and her family when she told them she no longer wanted to be a Mormon.
- Reluctant Fanservice Girl: after Anya wins a chance to do a nude shoot, she said she was happy she didn't win because she wouldn't have wanted to do it.
- Shocking Elimination: it was her first time in the bottom two.
Marvita Washington was the 23-year-old retail sales associate from San Fransisco, California. During her time on Top Model, Marvita had solid photo shoots, and was even called out second in the Elle Macpherson lingerie photo shoot for her strong presence. Unfortunately, Marvitas performance took a downward turn during the photo shoot involving paint and facial close-ups. Marvita found herself in the bottom two for the first time, alongside Whitney because their photos were seen unsatisfactory. In the end, Marvita was eliminated because of her defeatist attitude, as well as looking bored and disconnected in her photo. The judges also felt that Whitney had more drive. Marvita was the fourth model eliminated from Cycle 10.
In her interview with BuddyTV after her elimination, Marvita explained she just had one bad photo shoot on one bad day, but she definitely did not felt defeated at all, unlike what the judges were trying to point out. She defended herself but that b-roll was edited out, leading the viewers into believing that she really checked out of the competition. Marvita stressed that she wasnt giving up and also believed she was doing well in the show. I think that had I had another chance I would have been fine, because all my other photo shoots I tried really hard on, she said.
Still, Marvita had good things to say about being on ANTM, I made a lot of new friends, and I learned a lot more about myself and how to get along with girls. But one of the girls she didnt get along well was Fatima. She said that Fatima was the kind of person that she simply cant get through even after all the attempts she made just to be closer to her.
Amis Jenkins was the 20-year-old waitress from Bartlesville, Oaklahoma. To avoid confusion with fellow contestant Amiee, Amy decided to go by Amis for the competition.
During the second episode of Cycle 10, Amis was placed in the bottom two because the judges felt she looked lost in her photo. Despite their criticism, Amis but was given another chance. Her chance ran out when she performed poorly during the meat packing shoot. Amis was one of the few who struggled with the task. The judges also criticized her for not dressing like a model during panel judging. It was because of this that Amis landed in the bottom two again. After the judges felt that she didnt have the right attitude for the competition, they chose her for elimination instead of Fatima. The judges believed she lacked focus and questioned her desire to win. Amis was the third model eliminated during Cycle 10.
After her elimination, Amis admitted in an interview with BuddyTV that she wasnt surprised that she was sent home because she felt it coming. However, she didnt quite agree with some of the judges statements, especially when they said that living adventurous wasnt the way to live life. Amis prided herself in being adventurous and free-spirited.
Despite being eliminated, Amis is still grateful for the opportunity and for the experience. She learned a lot about modeling and about herself as well. Amis also considers learning to deal with adversity as a pleasant gift.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Was seen as this by the judges and the other girls, including her friends.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: broke lamps often
Allison Kuehn was the 19-year-old hostess from Waunakee, Wisconsin. Allison was actually one of the more experienced models on the show, as she had begun modeling at sixteen years old; she had mentioned that she frequently traveled to Asia for her previous work. She was one of the more experienced models coming into the show.
Allison has been remembered for a few reasons. The first being that she openly admitted that she was once anorexic. This came out while she was arguing with Fatima Said following a comment Fatima Siad made about Allisons weight. Allison was also known for the manner in which she was eliminated from the show.
During episode three, Allison exhibited a conceited attitude with regard to her makeover. Tyra complimented Allison for looking so soft and pretty. Instead of saying thank you, she answered, I know! Even after Tyra pointed out that she needed to say, Thank you, Allison still didnt acknowledge Tyra. This coupled with a lackluster photo shoot landed her in the bottom two. She was the third model eliminated from the show.
Allison agreed with the fact that Cycle 10 was the most competitive cycle ever. She said that not only did the girls look beautiful, but everyone had that competitive attitude. It really brought out an ugly side in most of the girls, and thats why there seemed to be a lot of fighting. All the girls, myself included, wanted it so bad, she shared.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She has dark hair, and a reserved personality. Despite being only 19 years old, she has far more modeling experience than many of her competitors.
- Celebrity Resemblance: With Sarah Silverman.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Has black hair, pale skin, and describes her appearance as "cynical".
- Fiery Red Head: After her makeover.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Claims to have all sorts of modeling experience, having worked overseas before, while many of the girls have never modeled before. She believes this gives a leg up in the competition, while all it does is become her downfall.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: After Fatima makes a comment about her weight, she uses dolls to make fun of Fatima, using a black doll to resemble Fatima, making racist comments.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: Before her makeover.
- Small Name, Big Ego: believed she was above her fellow competitors
- Weight Woe: She suffered from an eating disorder before the show. This comes to light after Fatima makes a comment about her weight, Allison is then seeing measuring herself.
Eighteen-year-old Atalya was a student from Brooklyn, New York.
During the second episode of Cycle 10, the models were asked to portray high-fashion homeless women in their first photo shoot. Atalya was criticized for being over-enthusiastic, and was placed in the bottom two with Amis. The judges eliminated Atalya for lacking high-fashion appeal, despite the fact that Kimberly had just quit the competition. She was the second model to leave the competition, but was the first girl eliminated.
Atalya described the experience as a stressful one. She said she was happy, excited and nervous all in one. During the first photo shoot, Atalya was incredibly impressed with Lauren Utter, the self-proclaimed rocker of the bunch. Lauren performed well considering her ambivalence towards modeling.
Kimberly Rydzewski was the 20-year-old customer service representative from Worcester, Massachusetts. She made it to the final thirteen, but at the end of episode two, decided that she didnt like fashion and wearing expensive clothes enough to want to continue in the competition. She was the first model to leave Cycle 10, and the third model to ever quit from Americas Next Top Model after Cycle 5s Cassandra Whitehead and Cycle 9s Ebony Morgan.
- Author Existence Failure / In Memoriam: While the specific details aren't known, Kimberly passed away in December of 2016.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To Baby Spice.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Involving her mother's death and then her boyfriend's. See Tear Jerker.
- Dumb Blonde: what everybody (including the judges) accuse her of.
- Nice Girl: By all accounts, she was a very kind person and easy to get along with despite her sruggles.
- Tear Jerker: Her boyfriend committed suicide right before she entered the competition. In hindsight, it's understandable why a modeling competition may seem insignificant in light of such an event.
- It's even sadder when you learn that she died a little while after her cycle ended