McKey is a graduate of Lake Forest High School and attended Ripon College and majored in government and chemical biology. Sullivan got into modeling when she tried out for Elite Model Look following a sports injury and won the regional division of the competition.
McKey auditioned for Cycle 9 of ANTM, but was told that she wasnt what they were looking for. After auditioning for a second time, she ultimately competed against thirteen other contestants to win Cycle 11.
Two other contestants named Brittany (or some variation) also competed in Cycle 11, so McKey and Brittney Brown were asked by Tyra Banks to change their names for the show. Sullivan chose McKey since her mother was considering naming her McKenzie when she was born; it was also her pen name in high school. She planned on continuing to use the name beyond the television season. She came into the competition with shoulder-length bright red hair, but was later given makeover to short black hair. McKey was well known for athleticism in the house; she also trains in mixed martial arts with her boyfriend.
Throughout the competition, she became one of the front-runners with two collective first call-outs, two challenge wins and no bottom two appearances. During her go-see challenge in Amsterdam, she was booked by all of the four designers with whom she met, despite being disqualified from the challenge due to arriving back to the agency late. She went on to beat Samantha Potter for the title of Americas Next Top Model.
During her My Life as a CoverGirl commercials, it was revealed that she had been working with the Make a Wish Foundation. She was also named one of People Magazines Most Beautiful People of 2009 and she was named the 44th sexiest woman of 2008 by BuddyTV.
- Action Girl: She is a martial artist and acts as her boyfriend's cage fighting sparring partner.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: She seemed nice but she said mean things about Elina Marjorie and Analeigh in her confessionals especially Elina.
- Fiery Redhead: before her makeover
- Flawless Victory: The second winner to win with No-Damage Run.
- Genius Bruiser: She has a major in government and chemical biology.
- Gray Eyes: one of her best features
- Kick Chick: See above.
- One Brittany Limit: Aside from Brittany and ShaRaun, she also shares the name with Cycle 16 winner Brittani Kline.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Thus, averting the One Brittany Limit.
- The Quiet One: She's stayed out of the drama most of the time.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: after her makeover
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: At panel, she wears very womanly clothing.
- Statuesque Stunner: she is 6'0''
- What the Hell Is That Accent?: Had a tendency to slip into an odd, fake-sounding British accent in later episodes during confessionals. This is partially justified because she apparently did Ren Faire, which occasionally brings out such a habit.
- Younger Than They Look: she was only a teenager during the show, but sometimes looked much older.
Samantha Potter is an American fashion model, most notable as the runner-up during Cycle 11 of Americas Next Top Model.
During the fifth episode, Samantha landed in the bottom two and was almost eliminated after offending Jeremy Scott, a designer, for lifting her skirt during his runway show. The following week, Samantha received a first call out for her natural disasters shot, and received another first callout for her simplistic and dramatic shots in the eleventh episode. In the previous week, Samantha won two reward challenges consecutively in the same episode. Throughout the competition, she was part of various feuds in the Top Model house, specifically with Elina Ivanova. She ultimately became runner-up to winner McKey Sullivan.
- Alpha Bitch: She sometimes shows the traces of this, though only during her arguments with Elina and Marjorie.
- Fun Personified: Definitely one of the most upbeat of the girls.
- Genki Girl: has a young, bubbly, native personality
- Green Eyes: one of her best features
- My Beloved Smother: Her dad is.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: To Elina's blue oni.
- Statuesque Stunner: she is 5'11"
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She played many sports when she was in high school.
- Valley Girl: She's from California.
Analeigh placed third on Cycle 11 of Americas Next Top Model. She was recruited through Myspace and was asked to audition in Los Angeles. After landing in the bottom two in the episode Youre Beautiful, Now Change for not using her ice-skating moves to her advantage, she rebounded and appeared in the top three for seven consecutive weeks. Analeigh was called first twice, one for the first CoverGirl commercial, which Tyra Banks deemed the best CoverGirl commercial in the history of Americas Next Top Model. She also won the go-sees challenge by booking all three of her go-sees. She left and arrived on time. In a challenge won by Elina Ivanova, Elina shared her prize with Marjorie Conrad and Analeigh; they appeared alongside each other in the December 2008/January 2009 issue of Seventeen magazine. She was subsequently eliminated in the finale after forgetting her lines in the second CoverGirl commercial, which left Samantha Potter and McKey Sullivan to walk in the finale runway show.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To Sarah Hyland
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's one of the nicest girls to ever be on the show.
- 100% Adoration Rating: just about the majority of the ANTM fandom had a fascination with Analeigh, which made her elimination all the more disappointing to viewers.
- The Cutie
- Nice Girl: See above.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Marjorie.
- She's Got Legs: as noted by much of the panel.
- Especially noticeable in the "eyes above water" photoshoot, where her photo found her with her legs sticking out above the water, balancing her toes on the surface.
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: One of the most successful contestants, both as a model and as an actress. Her film credits include Crazy Stupid Love and Warm Bodies.
- Verbal Tic: "Yo!"
Marjorie was nineteen while she participated in Americas Next Top Model. The Marseilles, France native was a student based in San Francisco, California during the shows run.
Marjorie was an exceptional contender during the show; she was consistently one of the top five called out first during each episode. During the seventh episode, she won the reward challenge. She also won the reward challenge in episode twelve, but was also chosen for elimination in that very same episode. Marjorie was the 10th girl eliminated from the show.
- Gay Paree: Had a hard time adjusting to American culture.
- Lady Drunk: In her elimination episode.
- Nervous Wreck: And how.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Analeigh.
- Shrinking Violet: She has her moments.
Based in Seattle, Washington but born in Berdichieve, Ukraine, Elina was nineteen years old during her run on Americas Next Top Model. She was known for being openly bisexual and for having difficulty opening up to the camera and judges.
Elina had her ups and downs during Cycle 11, but maintained good standing with regards to her photos. She became better and better the first four episodes of the season, winning her first reward challenge during episode 3. She continued to do well through episode 7, then she had two continual appearances in the bottom two. Incidentally, she was bottom two during two episodes where shed also won reward challenges, which rarely happens. After her two consecutive appearances in the bottom two, she was finally eliminated during episode 11. She was the 9th girl eliminated from the show.
- Berserk Button: After she goes on a controlled rant about her mother's controlling tendencies and concluding she hates her, one of the girls comments she sounds like she's using her mom. Elina immediately cuts off the conversation.
- Bi the Way: She is open to anything.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To Björk and Angelina Jolie.
- Freudian Excuse: She hates her mother.
- Goth: she prefers to wear all black clothing.
- Granola Girl: she supports all different liberal causes.
- Green Eyes: one of her best features.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: To Samantha's red oni.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Clark.
Born in Honolulu, Hawaii the 21-year-old worked as a hostess and go-go dancer in the Harlem district of New York City during her stint on ANTM.
Sheena has been remembered for a few reasons; one of those being that when asked if her breasts were real during judging, she said yes. Later during that same panel, she admitted that they were indeed augmented and she felt horrible for lying. Sheena was frequently compared to Kimora Lee Simmons due to her mixed-Asian ethnicity and look. Often, Sheena was told that many of her pictures were leaning toward hoochie. She improved on that as the cycle progressed, but ended up being eliminated during episode 10. She was the 8th girl eliminated from the show.
- Alliterative Name: Sheena Sakai.
- Alpha Bitch: Along with Sam against Elina and Marjorie.
- Buxom Is Better: Had a boob job as a teenager.
- Celebrity Resemblance: To former judge Kimora Lee Simmons, so much so that she is called 'Baby Kimora'.
- Genki Girl: loves to have fun and she is energetic
- Ms. Fanservice: Repeatedly. The judges criticized her for being too "hoochy".
- Statuesque Stunner: she is 5'11''
The 23-year-old Louisiana native was a student in Shreveport during her appearance of Americas Next Top Model.
Joslyn was a strong competitor during ANTM, consistently staying out of the bottom two. It wasnt until episodes six and seven that she began to decline in performance. Joslyn was eventually eliminated during episode nine. She was the 7th girl eliminated from the show. During her stint on the show, she won one reward challenge during episode five. She was also known for her unique-sounding, high-pitched voice.
Born in Charlottesville, Virginia, this 20-year-old was based in nearby town Radford, where she was a student. Lauren Brie had already signed with Elite when she was fourteen years old, but decided to stop modeling to further her studies.
Lauren Brie began the competition with a steady climb from average photos to exceptional photos, according to the judges. Her performance began to decline in episode six and was later eliminated in episode seven, when her award show snafu photo didnt please the judging panel.
This 19-year-old was born in Pawleys Island, South Carolina, but lived in the nearby town of Columbia, where she was a student during her time on the show.
Clark didnt start off the competition with very strong photos; in fact, she didnt start being called ahead of the bunch until episode five, when she was called first. Sadly, Clarks performance didnt improve in the eyes of the judges and was eliminated during episode six. Clark was the fifth girl eliminated from the show.
- Alpha Bitch: What the judges accuse her of and she often lead some bullying towards Isis.
- Gender-Blender Name
- Gray Eyes: one of her prettiest features
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She loves her grandmother.
- Jerk Ass
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: after her makeover
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: With Elina and Lauren Brie.
- Southern Belle: She was raised by a "Good Southern Family".
Isis was the first trans woman to compete on Americas Next Top Model and became one of the most visible transgender people on television to date. Originally from Prince Georges County, Maryland, Isis was assigned male at birth, under the name of Darrell Walls. She has stated that mentally [and] everything else, [she] was born female. She has also stated that people might refer to her as transgender or transsexual, but she prefers the phrase born in the wrong body.
Isis was living at the Ali Forney Transitional Living Program when she learned about an upcoming photo shoot for Cycle 10 of ANTM. The shoots theme was the issue of homeless youth, and homeless women would be used as background models in conjunction with the Reciprocity Foundation, which works to move homeless and high-risk youth into careers in the creativity economy. King asked art director, Jay Manuel, whether she could be accepted, as a girl born in the wrong body, if she were to audition as a contestant for ANTM. ANTM host and producer Tyra Banks said later that she had her staff search out King to encourage her to audition based on her stellar performance in the photo shoot. She became one of fourteen finalists for Cycle 11 of the competitive reality show. She placed tenth overall.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Isis was an extra on Cycle 10's second photoshoot.
- Transgender: A Top Model first.
The 19-year-old was a student in her hometown of Fairbanks, Alaska during her appearance on the show.
Hannah wasnt one of the strongest models during Cycle 11, but showed potential. Unfortunately, she proved to be one of the weakest runway walkers, as shown in episode five. Hannah was eliminated outside of judging panel after being deemed the worst performer in a runway challenge.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Despite being supposedly a sweet, naïve girl, she joined in with some of the girl's bullying Isis and even shoved her away in the hot tub when she got too close.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: To the panel.
- Naïve Everygirl: she is from a small town in Alaska and has lived a very sheltered life.
- Sweet Home Alaska: she consistently mentions being from Alaska every chance she gets.
- Womanchild: according to many of her fellow cast members, particularly with high sensitivity compared with the rest of the girls and somewhat childish tendencies.
This 19-year-old from Henderson, Nevada, worked as a customer service representative during her stint on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 11. Brittany was an average competitor on the show, with her pictures being called close to final two every episode. During the makeover episode, she was shown emotionally distraught because she was tired of being just the pretty girl. Brittany was eliminated during episode four, following the Malibu bikini photo shoot.
The 19-year-old Bronx, New York native was a student during her appearance on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 11.
Nikeysha can be remembered for her predilection to talk back to the judging panel and/or Tyra to rationalize her poor photographs. Even though she showed potential during her first shoot, Nikeysha was the second model eliminated in Cycle 11.
The 18-year-old from Chicago, Illinois native was a student during her appearance on Americas Next Top Model, Cycle 11.
During Episode 2, the judges were unimpressed with ShaRauns photo, her interview and her insincere personality. She was the first girl eliminated on the show.
Following her elimination during the premiere of Americas Top Model, ShaRaun told reporters the programs portrayal of her, which emphasized her confidence and not much else, was incomplete.
She was unhappy that America didnt get to learn that she spent her spring break working for Habitat for Humanity in New Orleans and that she is still a virgin who speaks openly about practicing abstinence and safe sex.
She also felt that her relationship with transgender contestant Isis, was misconstrued.
She said that after they showed her commenting that, I dont think a drag queen will win Americas Next Top Model, she had become friends with Isis King becoming very cool and one of her friends. She said, So it wasnt anything like me hating on her or anything like that. It was just me [sic] answering a question that I had been asked.
- Alliterative Name: Her name Brittney Brown.
- Good Luck Charm: brought her "lucky panties" with her to her audition.
- One Brittany Limit with McKey and Brittany.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Enforced along with McKey to avert the One Brittany Limit.
- Small Name, Big Ego: believed she already won the competition before it had even started.