- Agent Shepherd's ending in Head-On. How do you beat a Literal Genie? By arresting him without wishing for anything.
- Minion's ending in 2, where he confronts a cowering Calypso, regains his powers from him, then casts Calypso into Hell.
- Outlaw 2's ending Where Jamie uses Calypso's own Literal Genie status to get exactly what she wants.
- Cousin Eddie's ending in Head-On: Sure, Eddie is still a bit of a Replacement Scrappy for Minion, but when Calypso refuses to give him his prize because he crashed the tournament? Eddie grabs him by the neck, and strangled him until he gave the prize with no loopholes.Cousin Eddie: "What? I? Win?"
- Most longtime fans will pick their favorite Twisted Metal moment as destroying the Eiffel Tower in 2.
- Shadow/Mortimer's ending in Twisted Metal 2. Basically tearing away Calypso's Karma Houdini Warranty right in the face, with his collection of souls that was killed by Calypso's tournament.
- The escalation of bosses in the reboot.
Iron Maiden: RUN LITTLE MAN, RUN!!!
- The Brothers Grimm, Hammerhead and Slayer. Two monstertrucks capable of demolishing previously indestructible buildings.
- Iron Maiden, a giant robot made in the image of Dollface with rockets instead of feet, that has to be weakened with two nuclear missiles before the player can take it on, and and continues to fight you as a Faceship after you short out its rockets and drop it off a bridge.
- Hearing Dollface's metallic loud speaker taunts are a combination of Awesome and Nightmare Fuel.
- The Carnival of Carnage, a gargantuan vehicle built in the honor of Needles Kane. You start out beneath the vehicle (if it can even be called a vehicle) being swarmed by Sweet Tooth trucks and dodging fireballs shot by a giant clown head. Then, you are set upon by hordes of Clowns (most looking like different incarnations of Sweet Tooth and his assistant from 4) with chainsaws in a giant pinball machine. Then you have to drive through a winding death coarse with spinning blades, jets of flame and swinging spiked balls, before you FINALLY reach the actual final boss; a giant, flaming robotic clown head that has to be fought using Talon (A helicopter) while you are swarmed by flying Sweetbots...seriously.
- Needles "Sweet Tooth" Kane's endings, when not hilarious or terrifying, are raw awesome.
- He's one of the only characters who has a positive track record against Calypso, except in Twisted Metal III, where he asks to eat all the candy in the world, only to end up needing crazy dental surgery, the reboot, where he demands Calypso to take him to where his daughter who he wishes to kill was, which ends up being in her grave after being Driven to Suicide, orTwisted Metal 4, due to him running it, though him wishing in the beginning to rule the contest sorta counts.
- In the first game, he gets his best friend back, Crazy Harold The Wacky Lunch Sack. Even Calypso couldn't try to warp that wish up.
- In the second game, he becomes a bug in a tiny garden out in the country, terrorzing other bugs, he was fine with that.
- In Twisted Metal: Black, Calypso offers him a cure for the curse that makes his head burn perpetually, but warns him that if he ever kills again, the curse will return. Needles contemplates this (for all of ten seconds), and then smashes the cure before cutting Calypso's head off.
- In ''Head-On'', he wishes that "you become me and I become you". Calypso refuses, but his powers grant the wish anyway... at which point Kane, now in Calypso's body, has his old body gunned down, killing Calypso, and as an added bonus, even got rid of his flaming head curse, Needles simply walks away the winner.
- Although Twisted Metal: Black is rightfully called the darkest entry of the series, the characters all get a Moment of Awesome in their endings (although in The Preacher's, Agent Stone's and John Doe's ending, this just sets up an even bigger fall for them.).
- Dollface: After getting the key for her mask she's forced into a Friend or Idol Decision - if she takes the key, her old boss would be killed by being slammed into an Iron Maiden... her old boss who, by the way, trapped Dollface inside of her mask at the start just because she spilled coffee over his files. It doesn't take long for Dollface to grab the key. Even though she tosses the key away at the end because she liked her new face better than her old one, she gets another awesome moment immediately afterwards, where she vows to hunt down those who would hurt others.
- Raven got revenge on the JerkJocks who drowned her best friend Kelly because she was a "witch" as a part of a demented prank, by using VoodooDolls to gouge their eyes out. "An Eye for an Eye, Blood for Blood" indeed.
- Mr. Grimm, who had been forced to cannibalize his friend Benny because a military adviser had left them starving to death in a Viet Cong hole, gets a little reunion with the now Bound and Gagged adviser. And Calypso even has a "special bonus" for Grimm - "dinner for one". The adviser should feel lucky he was killed with an ax first instead of just being Eaten Alive...
- No-Face, who had his eyes and his tongue cut out by Dr. Hatch, a Back-Alley Doctor who was pissed over losing $20,000 on his last boxing match, gets a good old fashioned "rematch" with Doctor - with Hatch Bound and Gagged on a boxing bag, Calypso gave No-Face a "special bonus" - a Red Boxing Glove with Hatch's surgical tools taped on it. No-Face "knocks out" Hatch in just one punch.
- Billy Ray Stillwell, who had been disfigured by being sprayed by a crop-duster pilot who planned to kill Billy so he could steal his wife and life insurance is Bound and Gagged right in front of his old airplane. What does Billy need to do to claim his prize? Step aboard the plane, and drive it forward. The only thing left of the pilot is his blood-stained goggles.
- John Doe gets a Moment of Awesome in his flashback to when he lost his memory: He learns that he was The Mole in a Doomsday Cult, and that he ran back inside the hospital to stop the Depopulation Bomb before it spread viruses and diseases across the world. Not having enough time to defuse the bomb, John tossed it out the window, losing his memories in the explosion, but ensuring the hospital wouldn't be destroyed, basically saving the world. Too bad he was standing right in front of Number 2 on the FBI's Most Wanted List...
- Agent Stone wants to Set Right What Once Went Wrong, and he seemingly gets it. This time keeping his Trigger Happy freak out under control, Stone gunned down the terrorists, this time without killing the mother and daughter in the crossfire. Too bad one of the terrorists was not quite dead, and is able to outsnipe Agent Stone...
- Bloody Mary's ending has one for her unnamed 'husband', who had been lobotomized by Calypso to be Mary's 'perfect spouse'. But even despite his modifications, he still manages to croak out his true feelings for his 'bride' while carrying her out of Calypso's chamber.
- Sweet Tooth's rampage through the hospital in search of his daughter, seen in glimpses through windows of the building. It's the first time we really see what Sweet Tooth is capable of without his truck, and it does not disappoint.
Awesome / Twisted Metal