We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Yo. I'm Giro
, also known as
CB, Zumi, Roll Soul
, and Megatank
. If you think you've seen me around before, you may be right: I've been online since AOL was new and interesting. Most of this time, at least since 2003, has been spent at DeviantArt
. I also spend a fair amount of time these days in the Livejournal Roleplay
scene, usually playing at Dear Mun
and Ink City
; I'm even a moderator at that last one. I used to be around Drama Drama Duck
, but have since left the community
, for now.
As far as interests go, I'm always
seen with a sketchpad or a book
in hand. I watch a lot of animation, including anime, and music-wise will listen to anything under the sun (but with particular leanings towards hard rock and classical). I play an ungodly
amount of video games, with Mega Man
chief among them (if the nicknames list didn't give that away).
Expect this page to get pretty long. Given my Super OCD
(see below) I'll probably be adding things until the end of time.
- Acrofatic: As a coworker can attest to, I am a lot faster than I look.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Type 2.
- Air Violin: A "bad" habit, especially when listening to Vivaldi, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik, or anything by the Vitamin String Quartet. "Air conducting" is also an issue, particularly with Les Toréadors from Carmen, or Smetana's The Moldau.
- Almighty Janitor: Well, more like Almighty Sales Associate since I work in retail, but close enough. I've been at my job, in an entry-level position, long enough that even the managers will seek me out for all kinds of information.
- Now inverted! I've been promoted up a single level to Sales Supervisor. Still this trope some, though, since supervisors only have a slight bit more they're able to do than the normal associate, and aren't much when compared to those with actual manager titles.
- Apologizes a Lot
- Aside Glance: A regular practitioner.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!
- Bag of Holding: My varied messenger bags and satchels are legendary for this. For example, my smallest bag contains: assorted candies thrown in over time, requisite spare change, a paperback book, a 15 ft. tape measure, a pack of crackers, a shoelace, three pencils, a Megaman TCG card, bus passes from April 2010, a roll of packing tape, mailing labels, scissors, a bubble envelope, and my keys (which are on a lanyard and in and of themselves are seven keys, five keychains, and a small adjustable wrench). I can also fit my wallet, cellphone, and mp3 player in other pockets. This in a bag barely bigger than two VHS tapes (or is it?).
- Blind Without 'Em: The lenses of my glasses are thick enough that cutting them came with extra cost last time I updated my prescription.
- Brief Accent Imitation: Excessive exposure to Dragon Quest VIII, either by my own play or a Let's Play I regularly watch will give me a butchered English accent that likes to stick despite best efforts. The funny thing is that this will also seep its way into my typing in the form of a mild Funetik Aksent mixed with slang. Whether by speech or by text, the accent tends toward the Cockney side.
- Broken Bird: Bringing up the reason for this is also a bit of a Berserk Button.
- Catch Phrase: Two: "Some things never change" and "Awesomesauce."
- *Cough* Snark *Cough*: Regular practitioner, both online and in real life.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Catching a ball randomly bouncing around the room. Comic-ized, as seen here.
- Crazy-Prepared: See Bag of Holding.
- Creature of Habit: And how.
- Dark and Troubled Past
- Deer in the Headlights: As I tend to utterly shut down in the face of danger or panic.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!
- Double Consciousness
- Everything's Better with Plushies: I have an ungodly amount of them.
- Expressive Mask: One version of my online self has one.
- Fingerless Gloves: The knit kind is a regular accessory during colder months (read: any season but summer), since I hate the closed in feeling of normal gloves.
- Fleeting Passionate Hobbies: This is bad enough that friends have been known to ask "So, this is the phase of the week then?"
- Forgets to Eat
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Partly because I take way too much way too personally.
- Hates Being Touched
- Headphones Equal Isolation
- Iconic Item: I'm always, always wearing a hat of some kind when out in public.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: I tended to make better friends with my teachers growing up rather than my peers.
- Jade-Colored Glasses
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: I lost a good portion of my elementary school years after cracking my head (not literally, thankfully) on the gym floor in the 4th grade. I was out of it for days after this event, meshed whole days together as back-to-back incidents, and generally had a hell of a time. Possibly related, my memory hasn't been the same since.
- Limited Wardrobe: Both played straight and averted. Though I generally follow the same "hat, T-shirt, jeans, sneakers" theme, the actual pieces will vary greatly.
- Long Runners: An RP universe I started with a friend has been going on continuously since 2005. Reading the IM logs tends to cause Archive Panic.
- Another has been going on since 2007, and is only just now coming into the final act (for the main storyline at least).
- Machine Empathy: Experienced with my computer, but also the car and the Playstation 2.
- Mr. Exposition
- Mr. Fixit
- Nice Hat: At least four:
- A white one with pointed ears, to which I've affixed buttons proclaiming various fandoms. Actually an Inuyasha hat, bearing the logo on the back.
- One that looks like Alphonse's helmet with the Facefault face. This one's a little tight, so I don't wear it much.
- A three-pronged jester's hat-type beanie, with a section each colored checkerboard, red, and black.
- A more traditional jester's hat with multiple prongs ending in bells, and haphazardly colored with the primary colors. Part of a Halloween costume, though I wore it once to be identified in a busy airport.
- Besides these four hats, I also tend to favor black cadet-style hats and bandannas of various colors.
- No Indoor Voice when actually speaking, The Quiet One otherwise.
- Not a Morning Person: By a long shot.
- No Sense of Direction: Not quite up to Ryoga levels yet, but still pretty bad.
- Older Than They Look: Apparently.
- Only Six Faces: My art suffers from this, despite efforts against it.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: Though my hair started out blond, it's darkened over the years. Additionally my skin actually reflects light. It's almost like having white shadows when against the right surface.
- Poster-Gallery Bedroom
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Of course, with me being the way I am, I literally plan this down to the minute. As in, "Task A takes me 10 minutes to complete, so I can continue with Task B until I have 10 minutes left. *continues reading TV Tropes*"
- Scars Are Forever
- Self-Deprecation: Occasionally borders on Heroic Self-Deprecation, depending on my mood.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Particularly when I haven't slept, oddly enough.
- Sir Swearsalot
- The Stoic
- Stoic Spectacles
- Stout Strength
- Super OCD: I'm not exactly Monk but it does crop up quite a lot; Creature of Habit plays into this most often. This is to the point where I even have a Long List of my various habits, quirks, rituals, and preferences. The last thing on the list? "Making lists."
- Talks Like a Simile: Unfortunately comes right along with Metaphorgotten and its various overlaps.
- The Quiet One: Which leads to a few Beware the Quiet Ones moments, thanks to my temper.
- The Unpronounceable: My real first name, apparently. About 1 person in 15 will actually know how to say it.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pizza in all shapes, sizes, and toppings, even including "hated" ones such as anchovies and pineapple (though not together... yet). Also lollipops, to the point of owning a Tootsie Pop-branded T-shirt that reads "It's Not Going to Lick Itself" under a picture of two of the said lollipops.
- Troper Tales: Regular reader, occasional contributor.
- Unusual Euphemism: The occasional "Holy snakes" stol— eh, affectionately borrowed from the Megaman NT Warrior manga.
- Verbal Tic: Beginning sentences with the word "Well", though I've been trying not to after recognizing this. Also, switching subject changes mid-sentence with the word "also." And the word "and" (occasionally even both!).
- Your Other Left: Surprisingly, and embarrassingly, common.
- Zipperiffic, Too Many Belts, and Chained by Fashion: Shows up in my art. A lot.