Fanfic: So What Colour Is Your Toothbrush
So, What Colour Is Your Toothbrush?
is a MST3K-style fanfic sporking theater
featuring a group of seven anthropomorphic cats
), with occasional anthropomorphic not-furry Pokémon and occasional human guest stars (such as Rodion Romanovitch Raskolnikov
). Characters include:
Silverpelt "Argent" Caelestis, the nice
one. She takes a lot of abuse from the others
. Officially casted as the Grammar Nazi
, although although she doesn't do much. Accidental Pervert
.Hawksky "Faucon" Tartarus
, the evil
one. She's the one who's most likely to search out a badfic just to torment the others
. Supposed to be trying to destroy Silverpelt once and for all
... but is pretty lazy
. Apparently in a femslash relationship with Silverpelt
, although they both deny it vehemently
. Makes endless references to random things.Anna Jekyll
/"The Plot Reaper"
, the Author Avatar
. She can be somewhat sueish at times
. Usually sides with Hawksky
, but waxes philosophical at times. Her alter ego
is The Plot Reaper (PR), who is pretty much the same only much more violent AND LIKES TO TALK IN CAPS
. Annoys the heck out of everyone.
Kiri Raskolnikova, Hawksky's sidekick
. She's pretty clever
and has picked up on how to be manipulative
, but is also lazy
. Loves to write
. Best friends (girlfriend?)
with Chill even though she can't comprehend emotion very well
and considers "romantic love" to be a disease
. Usually stoic but bursts into song randomly
. Singing is Serious Business
for her. Provides a lot of information in case its needed
.Chill von Richthofen
, a somewhat foolish ditz
. Kinda creepy.Fallen Succubus
, who is waaaaaaaay too cheerful
. Doesn't really have an assigned role. Is just kind of... there.Aziz Succubus
, the suspiciously quiet one
, at least outside of the sporking theater
. Pretty emo
. In fact, she only talks when she's sporking
. Her mind is also drastically in the gutter
"Cade" Prefect, Aziz' Love Interest
. Scarcely seen, but may become a regular. A Chivalrous Pervert
for Aziz as well, but...
. Only male, yet looks more like a girl than anybody else.
As for the Pokémon featured (by the main sporker's brother):Dr. Sceptile A. Sceptile
, the CEO of SceptiCorp
who may or may not be a Corrupt Corporate Executive
. He's also a time traveler
who works for Dialga
, and is described as having a British accent
. A bit of a jerk
. Arguably an Author Avatar
and a definite Deadpan Snarker
, and The Rival
to Humblot.Marquis "Jacques" de Humblot
, a French Servine
and quite the ladies' man
. Yet another Jerk with a Heart of Gold
who does not like Louis XVI for vague reasons
. The Rival
to Dr. Sceptile, although they may be Not So Different
. He is also a Yuri Fan
and in favor of quick resolutions
to love triangles
. Also a Grammar Nazi
, Dialga's right-hand mon
and a firm believer in My Master, Right or Wrong
. The Comically Serious
due to his nature
. Tends to fare the best when viewing fanfiction
- only two fanfics have ever harmed him. Takes offense to Humblot often times
and cannot stand most romance
Amongst the fanfics sporked are Chibiusa's Seventh Birthday
, The Pokémon Story
, a portion of Celebrian
, a chapter of Hogwarts Exposed
, part of My Immortal
, and (in the future) half of Little Miss Mary, Agony in Pink, Diamond Pokémon, and Kanaya Gore
. The rest of the fanfics featured are relatively harmless
Fandoms so far: Detective Conan
, Harry Potter
, Pokémon, Warrior Cats
, Axis Powers Hetalia
, (supposedly) Spirited Away
, Sailor Moon
, (in planning) Homestuck
, (in planning) Power Rangers
, and Lord of the Rings
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council
Silverpelt: HA HA GET IT BECAUSE STUDENT COUNCIL ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING
- Affably Evil
- And I Must Scream: Happens to Humblot while sporking "My Favorite Girl".
- And Now for Someone Completely Different: One sporking featured Hitler, Stalin, and Kim Jong Il.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Hawksky kidnaps Humblot; Humblot is most upset because she dared to offer him British food.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension
- Berserk Button: Causes the Plot Reaper to appear; Dr. Sceptile has a berserk keyboard.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Silverpelt, whom is surprisingly violent for the kindest one among them.
- Bi the Way:
Anna: Totally heterosexual here, guys.
- Big "NO!": Frequently.
- Bile Fascination
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: Whenever Hawksky tries to speak French.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Humblot and Dusknoir both think that Detective Conan is centered around this, initially.
- Butch Lesbian: Hawksky
- Card-Carrying Villain: Hawksky, Kiri
- Character Alignment: Listed above. By Word of God, Dr. Sceptile would be the background on an alignment chart.
- Character Filibuster: Dr. Sceptile delivers one on the American school system in the "Romance 101" sporking. The other characters find him annoying.
- Fallen rants about tranquilizers during the "Why you shouldn't drug Russia ever" sporking.
- Dr. Sceptile ALSO rants in "My Favorite Girl" about Conan's characterization. Actually, he rants a lot.
- Heck, if every rant were listed, we'd be here all day.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Frequently paged; Dr. Sceptile even has a Glasses Pull to go along with it.
- Downer Ending: The cats consider all fics to have this.
- Drinking Game: Hawksky plays it a lot; she's also known as a boring drunk, though.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Occasionally, everyone is rendered speechless. Hitler and Stalin were horrified at Hogwarts Exposed, too. And Hawksky cares about the readers in the Pokémon Story sporking.
- Eye Scream
Silverpelt: And I suddenly feel the urge to stab my eyes out with a rusty poker.
- Felony Misdemeanor: According to the cats, "Romance 101" is rated R for homosexuals.
- Genre Blind: Dr. Sceptile, who had GLaDOS installed. Yes, that GLaDOS.
- Girlfriend in Canada: Humblot makes frequent references to his maids... who don't actually exist for reasons other than what this trope usually means...
- Girl on Girl Is Hot:
Humblot: ! This getting even better! Surprise lesbians are awesome~
- Gratuitous French: "Maid In Malfoy Manor"; Averted by Humblot.
- Gratuitous German: Usually around Darkrai.
- Gratuitous Japanese: The actual LiveJournal username is airey_kun.
- Gratuitous Russian: Anna has a tendency of doing this.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: Silverpelt drops this while sporking "Maid In Malfoy Manor"
- Heroic BSOD: Chill and Silverpelt are fond of this.
- High School AU: Fallen speculates on a Celebrian one; the Plot Reaper rages about the book Prom and Prejudice; "Romance 101" is one.
- Idiot Ball: It's massive, and usually passed around the cats (even Silverpelt).
- I'm a Humanitarian: According to the Pokémon, Brock is a cannibal pimp in "Romance 101".
- Kyurem eats people; Miss Lillian is considered by the sporkers to be a vampiric ice dragon. However, neither are humans.
- Kissing Under the Influence: Happens to Kiri and Chill during a drinking game.
- Lampshade Hanging: A whole lot.
- Loveable Sex Maniac:
Humblot: How? His lechery will probably just repulse women, not attract them.
Dr. Sceptile: Ah, so you're the exception?
Humblot: But of course. I am a Servine of the people.
- May-December Romance: Humblot thinks that a pairing is Brock/Agatha in "Romance 101". Everyone else is squicked out.
- Meaningful Name
- Mega Corp.: SceptiCorp, Dr. Sceptile's multi-universal corporation.
- Mission Control Is Off Its Meds: The new management is GLaDOS, so what do you expect?
- Mook: According to the Pokémon, Sakura in "Romance 101" is Misty's minion.
- Musical Episode:
Dr. Sceptile: *summons gun, waves it like a sword* I will turn this into a musical if it's the last thing Darkrai does.
- My Friends... and Zoidberg:
Humblot: *wanders in* Hello, my friends and British lizards. What is it today?
- Narm: Not uncommon in the fics being sporked.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Anna and Hawksky probably count.
- No Fourth Wall: For the cats, at least. It was broken in the first posted sporking and was never fixed.
- No Indoor Voice: Dialga, Palkia, and the Plot Reaper.
- Noodle Incident: One has to wonder how various things are accomplished...
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: A lot of fics being sporked insist this. Same thing with Rape Is Love.
- Oh My Gods!
- Old Shame: One is sporked.
- One of Us: Both sporkers have TV Tropes accounts. One is Sith Droideka 2, and the other is known as Airey.
- Only Sane Cat/Pokémon: Silverpelt and Dusknoir.
- Politically Incorrect Sceptile
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!:
Dusknoir: *dual Ice Punch* We. Don't. Want. To. Know. Servine.
- Running Gag: He's a ladie's man and a man's lady.
Anna (PR): *destroys downtown Tokyo*
- SceptiCorp has a product for that.
- The infamous rape alarm.
- Sarcasm Mode: Sarcasm levels sometimes reach suffocation in the sporking theater...
- Say My Name
- Schedule Slip
- Shipper on Deck: All of the cats, but Anna in particular.
- Ship Tease: Silverpelt and Hawksky, relentlessly. Also between Kiri and Chill, but less important.
- Small Name, Big Ego: This page is only maintained by the two tropers mentioned above.
- Stable Time Loop: (Ab)used by Dr. Sceptile to get a copy of the script for one of the sporkings.
- Take That: Usually followed by Lampshade Hanging.
- The Book of Mormon: Constantly referenced, although in all fairness Airey seems to be a terrible Mormon. Mormons also are treated as Acceptable Religious Targets.
- Also occasionally used for exorcisms. It doesn't work.
- Transparent Closet: Hawksky
- Valley Girl: The cats mistake Daisy in "Romance 101" for another Valley Girl, Poland.
- Wall of Text: Usually one per "big" sporking.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: What happened to the pictures Anna took in the "Chibiusa's Seventh Birthday" sporking?
- Word of God: The last names and alignments, above.
- Abused. Untitled #137 was up on this page before he actually showed up in an MST, and in fact has not shown up yet...
- Yaoi Fangirl: Hawksky and Anna. Actually, the cats in general.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Silverpelt has blue fur; only Raskolnikov is surprised at this.