"I have the weirdest boner."Sometimes, someone will come upon something they don't understand, or simply cannot comprehend. Maybe it's two (or more) people engaged in something so Head-Tiltingly Kinky that it blows their mind. Maybe it is an Eldritch Abomination made of nothing but tentacles and gaping orifices. Maybe it's Australian-rules football. It doesn't matter. All that we know is that:
—Troy Barnes, Community episode "Romantic Expressionism"
- They have no clue what is happening.
- It's hot!
open/close all folders
- The My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfiction Article2 has to destroy a large cache of human weapons a pegasus researcher found fascinating. The available tools on hand? Explosives! After the resulting blast, said pegasus has problems keeping his wings down, and a small amount of teasing on the matter.
Iím not even sure what Iím looking at... but I like it.
- Later, the main character introduces several male guards to the joys of centerfolds, with each and every one tilting their head when the pages unfold. Some things are universal: dudes like looking at photos of racing cars. What, what did you think I was going to say?
- In eXistenZ, the two main characters are in an advanced form of video game where their characters suddenly feel aroused and start making out; At first they are confused but quickly figure out that the game's script calls for their characters to start a love affair, so they just go with it to advance the plot, all the while talking on a meta-level about the significance of the whole thing and their situation.
- ClerksII. Upon witnessing the Donkey Show, Becky exclaims, "I'm disgusted and repulsed and... and I can't look away."
- In Pride and Prejudice: A Latter-Day Comedy, Will has a less bizarre version, saying, "I find... I find, I find you strangely attractive. [beat] You're not the sort of girl I normally go out with—I mean, you're loud, you're disorganized, your friends are an embarrassment. But I like you, I don't know why. Will you... will you... will you have dinner with me tomorrow night?"
- Kinsey: In a meta-example, during one of the survey interviews, one subject claims he only ever achieved orgasm once, while playing Mozart. The interviewer is clearly confounded by the idea.
Live Action TV
- Community. Troy is both confused and aroused by his perspective on Annie after Jeff and Britta manipulate him into thinking about her in a sexual manner.
- Red vs. Blue. Upon learning that multiple assumptions regarding the other cast members were wrong, Sheila the Tank says, "I am confused. I thought your name was López. And I thought you were a man. This is all so strange. I feel like my circuits are crossed... And I like it."
Sarge: Not as weird as the throbbing erection she's giving me!
- In season 11, Sarge, Grif and Doc find a Humongous Mecha on board a crashed ship. Grif and Doc beg Sarge to stop describing the mech with female pronouns as they find it weird. Sarge responds:
- South Park. Butters, upon watching Back Door Sluts 9, experiences arousal for what we can assume is the first time. "What's going on down there?". It acts as a double-down of the trope, as both the porno and his arousal are strange and exciting.
- Family Guy. Quagmire finds it strangely arousing to see Lois beat up a bunch of New Yorkers. Not paying attention, he accidentally drops the window he opened up on his manhood and had to call 911.
Quagmire: Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yea-yeah, it's in a window this time.