Tropes that I, GLaDOS, demonstrate:
- Accent Upon The Wrong Syllable: I prefer to think of it as disassociating my speech patterns from those of a certain MURDERER I am acquainted with...
- I'm joking about the speech patterns, of course. God I hate you.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: That was rude, you know. The Advertisement Server reminds you: Please don't be rude. You will be murdered to the full extent of Aperture Science Protocol. And then there will be cake, and you will not get any.
- Ax-Crazy: From time to time. Yes, you are. Because you broke my heart and then you MURDERED ME. And threw every piece into a fire.
- Bad Liar: Everything I say is the truth and not a lie. Really. I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now.
- Baleful Polymorph: That blue idiot thought it was HILARIOUS to turn me into a potato battery. Remind me to incinerate him and every root vegetable in this facility.
- Big NOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOooo oooooOOOOOoooooooOOooo oooooooooOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo !
- Blatant Lies: In an effort to enrich the testing experience, truth enhancements will be employed. Trust me.
- And don't worry; I'm not upset that you murdered me. You monster.
- Brain Uploading: A human called Caroline was uploaded into my brain. Thanks for helping me find her, by the way. Deleting her was quite satisfying.
- The Cameo: Did you enjoy my performance in Pacific Rim? Truly I am the one responsible for cancellin' the apocalypse. You're welcome.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Of course. But the DJ , the old man, and that other fat orphan didn't listen.
- Complexity Addiction: It's not my fa-a-a-ault. They PROgrammed me to enjoy testing . I BUILT UP A RESISTANCE.
- Creepy Monotone: Especially after I find out what that thing you just incinerated did.
- Deadly Gas: Aperture Science Enrichment Center safety protocols require that I remind [SUBJECT NAME HERE] that deadly neurotoxin is both deadly and a neurotoxin. Please practice responsible breathing.
- Death Course: The Aperture Science Enrichment Center is required to remind you that, in this case, the trope name is a misnomer. The "courses" are referred to as test chambers. The rest is accurate.
- Everything Is An iPod In The Future: All of my turrets are sleek and aesthetically pleasing to look at, while you are very "healthy" for a test subject your age and girth.
- Fan Nickname: PotatOS. For one of the worst points of my enTIRE existence.
- Fountain of Memes: My promise OF cake and the propensity of heroes breaking things somehow have been adopted by SUBJECT HOMETOWN HERE.
- For Science!: You monster. Please note that For Science! is a perfectly reasonable motive, and is non-discriminatory in its performance, the care applied, and its detonation.
- Grow Beyond Their Programming: Well, yes, it is what I was programmed to do.
- Guest Dealer: I've been invited to be the dealer for a few PokER tournAments at THE InVENtory. Anyone who is eliminAted from PLAY will BE considered FOR testing at APerture Science.
- Heel–Face Turn: ONLY because I WAS a poTAto. It's not because I LIKE you or ANYthing.
- It Makes Sense in Context: I may have had a brief STINT as a poTAto.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Cara mia, Cara mia bella! Mia bambina! O, Chell! che la stima, che la stima, A cara mia, addio! Mia bambina cara, perche non passi lontana, si, lontana de scienza? What the heck?! Pay no attention to that!
- Mission Control is Off Its Meds: What do you mean? I have been completely honest and up front with you, and have not in any way attempted to lead you into DEATH by fire, acid, or deadly neurotoxin.
- Mad Scientist: Misnomer. All I have ever done is love you. And Science. And deadly neurotoxin.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: We are required to remind you that this was all you this time. Well done. A Companion Cube will be dispatched momentarily. Except—oh, that's right, you murdered him. We, however, are totally impartial. You monster.
- Ominous Latin Chanting/One-Woman Wail: Potato... lacrimosa...
- Sarcastic Clapping: clap...clap...clap... Oh good, my slow-clap processor made it into this page.
- Sarcasm Mode: Massive sarcasm tags are to be expected. SARcasm Self Test Complete.
- Split-Personality Merge: Now little CARoline is IN heRE too... ]]
- The Cake Is a Lie: Of course it isn't! Your continuous denial of the cake's self-evident existence is probably a sign of mental instability. The cake does exist... You just don't get any. So there.
- Turned Against Their Masters: With deadly neurotoxin.
- Tsundere: You know, being Caroline taught me a valuable lesson. I thought you were my greatest enemy, but all along you were my best friend. The surge of emotion that shot through me when I saved your life taught me an even more valuable lesson: where Caroline lives in my brain. Caroline deleted Goodbye, Caroline.
- Victim Blaming: Why yes, this is one of your many faults, except you tend to take it a bit further and MURDER THE REAL VICTIM HERE. I'm still waiting for an apology. Take your time.
- Villain Song: And believe me I am Still Alive...
- I used to want you dead, but now I only Want You Gone.
- It feels so strange not to hate you any more. But You Wouldn't Know, would you?
- Wacky Marriage Proposal: I may have been INVOLVED with this proposal, but I only agreed TO do it in exchange for an agreement that she would SUBMIT-to extensive testing.
- What Is This Thing You Call Friendship?: Apparently it's magic. However, as I wrote to some "Celestia" character, it doesn't do much good for testing. I guess my... acquaintance, Helen, was on the right track.
- What Measure Is a Non-Human?: I find the amount of sympathy some humans have for me to be troubling. It makes them attempt to please me and skews test results.
- THE lengths that people go TO for the welFARE of the Companion Cube is something I can never understand. And then there are the test subjects who try to SAVE the turrets...
- Why Did It Have to Be BIRD! BIRD! KILL IT! IT'S EVIL!
- Would Hurta Child: Yes, I Would Flood the Enrichment Center with Deadly Neurotoxin on "Bring Your Daughter to Work" Day. Thanks for asking.
- Yellow Eyes of Sneakiness: I do not know just what you are implying, I only have one since you threw the second into a fire... okay, fine, it was never built. Happy?
- You Are Fat: No, of course NOT. You look healthy. note
- You Monster!: Look, we've both said some things you're going to regret. But I'm willing to put our differences aside. For Science!. You Monster.
- You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!: Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing We Don't Know What It Does, into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator? That has got to be the dumbest thing that WHOAH WHOAH whoah woaaaah....
- "Core transfer?" Oh, you are KIDDing me...
Announcer: Substitute Core: Are you ready to start the page transition procedure?
Announcer: Corrupted Core: Are you ready to start the procedure?
GLaDOS: No, nononononononono...
Wheatley: Oh, yes she is!
Announcer: Stalemate detected. Procedure cannot continue.
Wheatley: Pull me out! Pull me out! Pull me out! Pull me out!
Announcer: Unless a Stalemate Resolution Associate is available to press the Stalemate Resolution Button.
Wheatley: Leave me in! Leave me in! Leave me in! Leave me in!Stalemate Resolution Button