Characters: Star Wars New Jedi Order And Legacy Eras Jedi Order
For the main Star Wars Expanded Universe
character index, click here
. For the main New Jedi Order and Legacy era character page, click here
This page is for characters in the Jedi Order from the Star Wars Expanded Universe
series New Jedi Order
, Dark Nest Trilogy
, Legacy of the Force
, and Fate of the Jedi
book series, as well as the standalone novels Millennium Falcon
, and Riptide. The comic series Star Wars: Legacy
has its own page
open/close all folders
The Grand Master of the reformed Jedi Order, Luke began rebuilding the Order in 11 ABY, establishing a Jedi Academy in the Grand Temple on Yavin 4, with an initial class of twelve students. From there, the Order grew into more than a thousand Jedi by 44 ABY, with Luke as the head of the Jedi Council, having led the Jedi through the turmoil of the Yuuzhan Vong War, Swarm War, Second Galactic Civil War, the emergence of the Lost Tribe of the Sith, and the attacks of the Dark Side entity known as Abeloth.
Through the turmoil, Luke has gained and lost much: he married former Emperor's Hand Mara Jade and had a son named Ben, but also lost his nephew Anakin Solo and close friend Chewbacca in the Yuuzhan Vong War, and his other nephew Jacen fell to the Dark Side, becoming Darth Caedus, and was killed by his twin sister Jaina, but not before murdering Mara to secure his place as the new Dark Lord of the Sith.
Jaina Solo Fel
The daughter of Han and Leia Solo, twin sister of Jacen, and older sister of Anakin. And now the wife of Jagged Fel. Jaina is one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order, and named the Sword of the Jedi by the Force through Luke during her Knighting ceremony. She is notable for her serious and sometimes abrasive demeanor, along with her amazing piloting and mechanical skills.
- Ace Pilot: Mandatory for being part of Rogue Squadron.
- Action Girl
- Boxing Lessons for Superman: She has been trained in Mandalorian fighting techniques by Boba Fett himself.
- Brother-Sister Team: With Jacen, until the Dark Nest Trilogy.
- Brutal Honesty
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Jacen's Cain.
- The Chosen One: As the Sword of the Jedi.
- Code Name: Her callsign in a fighter is "Sticks", due to having two sticks: her lightsaber and the flight control stick.
- Colonel Badass: In the New Jedi Order while leading Twins Suns Squadron.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Distressed Damsel: All too often. She manages to make it out of Fate of the Jedi without this happening to her.
- God Guise: She was mistaken by some Yuuzhan Vong for Yun-Harla, the Trickster Goddess. She took advantage of this for a bit of pyschological warfare, which wrecked havoc among the more devout Yuuzhan Vong who fought her.
- Good Is Not Soft
- Heroic BSOD: When Anakin died.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Zekk.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She can come across as very abrasive. She's also a committed Jedi Master.
- The Lancer: Inheriting her father's position in Young Jedi Knights.
- Laser Blade: Uses a purple bladed lightsaber.
- Love Triangle: With Zekk and Jagged. She ends up with Jag at the end of Legacy of the Force, and marries him at the end of Apocalypse.
- Master Swordswoman
- One Woman Army
- The Paladin
- Strong Family Resemblance: She's basically a female Han: amazing pilot, awesome mechanic, Deadpan Snarker, and her own Wookiee sidekick in Lowie.
- Temporary Blindness: In Balance Point, when she is forced to eject from her fighter and stares into a nearby ship exploding.
- What the Hell, Hero?: A number of characters criticize Jaina for her use of Force lightning after her brother's death, spending too much time with Ta'a Chume, providing a test subject for a Mad Scientist, abusing a life debt and sending pilots on suicide runs, to name a few in Dark Journey.
- When You Coming Home, Mom?: Of a sort towards Leia in the front half of NJO. She often seems bitter at her mother, who is a career politician (and a frequent hero of the Republic), which often kept both her and Han from their kids. Despite it really being both of them, Jaina seems most irritated at Leia since Leia never bothered to train as a Jedi despite carrying her own lightsaber, which bothers Jaina considerably. (Which might stem from the fact that she has a lot in common with Han, skill wise, and almost nothing in common with Leia besides being Force-sensitive, which Leia barely takes advantage of.)
- Wrench Wench
Mara Jade Skywalker
Mara Jade was once the Emperor's deadliest assassin, but was cut adrift in the galaxy when her master died. Fixating on Luke Skywalker as the reason her life was ruined, she became obsessed with killing him
- only to save (and be saved by) him on several occasions, ultimately marrying him and becoming a member of the Jedi Council. They had one son, Ben Skywalker, born in the middle of the Yuuzhan Vong War. Dies in Sacrifice at the hands of her nephew Jacen Solo after she discovered he had fallen to the Dark Side and was trying to corrupt Ben, causing her to try an assassinate him.
- Action Girl / Action Mom: Depending on the time period.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence
- Betty and Veronica: She's the Veronica to Callista's Betty.
- Brainwash Residue: Left when Palpatine died.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Deadpan Snarker: She also uses snark as a tactic to keep her foes off-balance.
- Fiery Redhead
- Good Counterpart: To Lumiya: both former Emperor's Hands, Mara became a Jedi Master while Lumiya became a Sith Lord.
- Green Eyes: In Sacrifice we get the line "…green and icy like a river frozen in its flood…"
- Happily Married
- Heel-Face Turn: Used to be the Emperor's Hand.
- Heroes Want Redheads
- Hot Mom: Observe◊, and keep in mind she's in her late fifties here.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Large part of her backstory.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: It's difficult to show her as gentle and motherly, almost angelic, as opposed to temperamental, but when it works, it's absolutely adorable.
- Killed Off for Real: By Jacen Solo in Sacrifice.
- Mama Bear: Please, don't try to hurt Ben if you value your life; she will go into an Unstoppable Rage the moment she finds out.
- Meaningful Name: Mara is Aramaic for "bitter", which is one of her primary characteristics in The Thrawn Trilogy; also see Jade-Colored Glasses above.
- Opposites Attract: Luke leans towards The Quiet One and Martial Pacifist, while Mara is a Fiery Redhead.
- Professional Killer
- Redheaded Hero
- Spy Catsuit: Her signature costume.
- Undying Loyalty: There are very few people she allows past her barrier of indifference, but she will protect those she deems worthy of such with her life.
- Tsundere: Type A; it mostly balances out once's she married, but in no way does she ever become a type B.
The main character of the Dark Forces Saga
, Kyle started as an Imperial soldier before finding out that the Empire was behind the death of his father, after which he defected and became a mercenary
serving the Rebellion and later the New Republic against the Empire, especially when it came to tasks of infiltration and sabotage, as his inside knowledge of the layout of Imperial ships and bases gave him an advantage. Kyle eventually became a Jedi and was charged with the task of defending the legendary Valley of the Jedi on Rusaan and trained several Jedi Knights. Following the formation of the Jedi Council, Kyle became one of the main leaders of the Jedi Order, fighting in the Yuuzhan Vong War, Second Galactic Civil War, and the war against the Lost Tribe of Sith.
See the Dark Forces Saga
page for an entry containing game tropes.
The most powerful of Luke's original students, Kyp briefly fell to the dark side during his training due to the influence of Exar Kun's ghost. He ended up destroying a entire system, accidently murdering his brother in the process, before being redeemed by Han. He continued to be aggressive in his duties as a Jedi, often conflicting with Luke on the best way for Jedi to operate, before eventually coming around to Luke's point of view halfway throughout the Yuuzhan Vong War. Now he is a respected member of the Jedi Council, albeit one who often favors more direct and aggressive solutions.
- Ace Pilot
- The Atoner
- Broken Ace
- Call Sign: His call sign in a fighter is "Headhunter".
- Cool Old Guy: Has become this by Legacy of the Force.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Like Luke, he likes to wear black outfits that often look Sithly in nature, but he isn't evil. Well, most of the time he isn't.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Deal with the Devil: Made one with Exar Kun.
- Laser Blade: Uses a purple bladed lightsaber.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Expy: Of Magneto.
- Heel Realization: During the New Jedi Order, he watches as Jaina embraces his philosophy of taking the fight to the Yuuzhan Vong, but in the most destructive way possible, leading to her nearly falling to the Dark Side. He realizes what a disaster it would be if the Jedi acted like that and changed his mind, throwing all of his support behind Luke and doing his best to stop Jaina from falling any deeper into the dark.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Until about half-way through the New Jedi Order. He's mellowed out a lot since then.
- Karma Houdini: Considered this by many people in-universe, especially in the Imperial Remnant.
- The Mentor: To Miko Reglia, the first Jedi casualty of the Yuuzhan Vong War, and to Jaina.
- Mentor Ship: Briefly with Jaina in the New Jedi Order: they end up good friends, and he leads the Jedi honor guard at her wedding.
- Mind Rape: Does this to Qwi Xux in the Jedi Academy Trilogy to prevent her from making more superweapons.
- Pragmatic Hero: During the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Pretty Boy
- Redemption Equals Death: Subverted, but it looked like he was going to die for a second at the end of the Jedi Academy Trilogy.
- Remember When You Blew Up A Solar System?: Yes, he does, and boy does he feel bad about it.
- Sarcastic Devotee: Evolves into this for Luke.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: At several points in his life on many issues.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Does this to Luke while under Exar Kun's influence.
Former CorSec officer on Corellia, Corran became a member of Rouge Squadron
after joining the Rebel Alliance, taking part in many important events during the war. He eventually learned of his Jedi heritage, and became a full time Jedi once peace with the Imperial Remnant was established. Married to Mirax Terrik Horn, with whom he has two children, Valin and Jysella, who became Jedi Knights.
- Ace Pilot
- Ancestral Weapon: His first lightsaber, which belonged to his grandfather.
- Born Detective
- Cold Sniper: He plays one very well during an undercover mission in Isard's Revenge, and also has a tendency to be depicted this way at least a little bit in the Allston novels.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Energy Absorption: He is one of the few Jedi to have a natural talent for this, and can use the energy he absorbs to do things he normally can't, like telekinesis.
- Fair Cop
- Green Eyes
- Happily Married
- Heroic BSOD: He spends most of Fate of the Jedi in this state after both his children go insane.
- Just a Machine: Averted, he's one of the few Rogue pilots to treat his astromech droid Whistler as a person (even Wedge casually wiped the memory of his droid at one point) and half the crazy piloting stunts he pulls off in the X-Wing books are because he's got Whistler helping him in ways other pilots would never think to use their droids for.
- Laser Blade: Uses a dual-phased lightsaber, allowing him too switch his blade length between a normal sized 1.3 meter silver blade and a 3 meter purple blade.
- Master of Illusion: Another one of his natural skills, Corran is very good at Jedi Mind Tricks, which extends to making his target think they see things that aren't there. Also to help Tionne see how she’d look with different hair.
- Master Swordsman
- The Mentor: He has trained at least one Jedi, Raltharan, to Knighthood, and helped train Tahiri Veila.
- Nonuniform Uniform: Rather than the normal brown robes that other Jedi wear, Corran wears green ones in keeping with the Corellian Jedi tradition.
- Papa Wolf
- Selective Squeamishness Suppression: In I, Jedi, Corran is able to look at a man who had been burned to death and calmly point out what's strange about the body, while Luke winces and the other Jedi-in-training are starkly horrified. Corran later is extremely shaken up when he's hit by the "disturbance in the Force" caused by Kyp destroying Carida, even running outside and throwing up.
- Super Cop
- Zero Approval Gambit: Does this after the Battle of Ithor, taking the blame for the planets destruction in order to spare the Jedi Order any more damage in public opinion.
A former member of the New Republic military, Kenth served as the liason between the military and Jedi Order during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion
, and became a key member of the Jedi Council after it was reformed. Kenth was appointed acting Grand Master after Luke's exile
, but faced serious opposition to his policies from the rest of the Jedi Council. He was eventually removed from his post after opposing the launch of a wing of Stealth-X's to support Luke against the Lost Tribe of Sith, fearing that current Galactic Alliance Chief of State Natasi Daala would view it as a prelude to an attack on her. He was killed in a duel with Saba Sebatyne attempting to stop the launch.
A Barabel Jedi Master who was trained outside of the Order by Master Eelysa. She served with distinction during the Yuuzhan Vong War
, and trained Leia following the Swarm War
. She continued to serve as a major voice on the Jedi Council, often favoring more aggressive solutions to problems, which led her into direct conflict
with acting Grand Master Kenth Hamner following Luke's exile by Chief of State Natasi Daala.
- Ace Pilot: During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Saba commanded a squadron of Barabel Jedi known as the Wild Knights which turned the tide of several battles.
- Action Girl
- Action Mom
- Alliterative Name
- Animal Eyes: They look like Hellish Pupils, but she isn't evil.
- The Atoner: After arriving at her home planet and finding it destroyed by the Yuuzhan Vong, she began attacking the nearest Vong ship she could find. It was a slave ship filled with thousands of her people, whom she doomed to death by spacing when she blew open a hole in the ship. Luke managed to convince her to join the hunt for Zonama Sekot as a way to make up for her mistake.
- The Big Guy
- Bizarre Alien Senses: Can see in infrared.
- Blood Knight: As a Jedi, she struggles to keep this in check.
- Code Name: Her call sign in a fighter is "Hisser".
- Determinator: She continued to fight even after taking Force-thrown rocks and a lightsaber blow to the head as well as several other wounds during her duel with Welk in the Dark Nest Trilogy.
- Hates Being Touched: It's a Barabel thing: only those who have permission or are close friends can touch them. Anyone else will get bitten. Saba works hard to overcome this instinct, as it's not very Jedi-like.
- The Hunter
- It's All My Fault: Hamner's death.
- Laser Blade: Used a red bladed lightsaber during the Yuuzhan Vong War, but at some point switched to a purple bladed one by the time the Lost Tribe emerged.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Made of Iron
- Mama Bear
- Master Swordswoman
- My God, What Have I Done?: Her reaction to inadvertently killing hundreds of her fellow Barabels by destroying a Yuuzhan Vong slave transport in anger in Remnant. She is troubled by what she had done, which leads her to attempt a daring capture of a similar slave ship later on in the book.
- In Vortex, she has undergoes this again when her actions led to Kenth dying in a duel against her when she was forced to chose between saving him or stopping his lightsaber from cutting the hanger doors power lines and trapping the Jedi starfighters inside.
- The Mentor: She trained her children, as well as another dozen Barabel Jedi Knights.
- Prehensile Tail
- Proud Warrior Race Girl
- Scarily Competent Tracker
- Sssssnake Talk
- Strange Syntax Speaker: To a minor degree, like most Barabels.
Former Mon Calamari abassador turned Jedi, Cilghal is the head Jedi Healer of the New Jedi Order. She is also the Orders foremost expert on biology and often functions as a voice of reason and calmness on the Jedi Council.
- Action Girl: Before Backlash, we had never seen Cilghal in a fight. When she is confronted by Jedi Knight Sothias Saar, who had just succumbed to Force Psychosis, she defeats him in about five seconds. Chief of State Daala is surprised when she sees the footage, but realizes that Cilghal is a Jedi Master for a reason.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Deadpan Snarker: She has her moments, espically when dealing with a rude security officer:
Cilghal: "Two things. First, my name is not Fish-Head. It is Master Cilghal. Second, I am not in your way. That is a logistical impossibility. I am less than a meter wide. The entryway where we stand and the doorway behind me are several meters wide. I now leave it as an exercise of your alleged intelligence to find a way into the Temple. If you do a very good job, perhaps we will name the test after you."
- Fish People
- Healing Hands
- Laser Blade: Uses a silver bladed lightsaber.
- The Medic
- The Mentor: To Tekli.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: In addition to her medical knowledge, Cilghal is an expert in several biological and technological fields. This made her very useful during the Yuuzhan Vong War, as she studied every captured Yuuzhan Vong biot to find a weakness to exploit.
- Only One Name
- The Smart Guy
A former Dark Jedi who served Palpatine, he was redeemed by Luke and became the first recruit into the reformed Jedi Order. He met and married Tionne, a fellow Jedi, and together they run the Jedi Academy.
The foremost scholar of the Jedi Order, and co-head of the Jedi Academy with her husband Kam. While not that powerful in the Force, she makes up for it in her dedication to her research and training of the academy students. Tionne is also noted for musical ability, and she often writes ballads about Jedi heroes and history.
A human Jedi Master from Chandrila, she served with distinction during the Yuuzhan Vong War
, during which she favored aggressive tactics. Octa became a Jedi Master after the war, and began training Seha Dorvald after the Second Galactic Civil War
- Ace Pilot
- Action Girl
- Big Sister Mentor: To Seha Dorvald.
- Character Development: When first introduced, Octa is one of Kyp's biggest supporters in the Order for advocacy of Jedi being more aggressive in pursuing justice and in taking the fight to the Yuuzhan Vong. She eventually comes to realize that he's wrong, and calms down considerably.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: A minor case: Octa has a had a tendency to go unmentioned or unseen for long periods. She only appeared once in Legacy of the Force despite being a member of the Council. Fate of the Jedi stopped this trend, although she is strangely absent from Abyss.
- The Lancer: To Kyp Durron during the Yuuzhan Vong War, until his orders during the Battle of Coruscant resulted in them being the only two survivors of his squadron and she realized how dangerous a path his philosophy was leading the Jedi on.
- The Slicer: She's pretty good at slicing into computer systems, most notably when she helped her friend and fellow Jedi Daeshara'cor search for information on superweapons to use against the Yuuzhan Vong.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Miko Reglia, who was the first Jedi casualty of the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Student and Master Team: With Seha Dorvald.
A Chev Jedi Master who served on the Advisory Council during the Yuuzhan Vong War
. Killed fighting Lumiya and Alema Rar after discovering the plot to turn Jacen Solo and Ben Skywalker to the Dark Side.
- Action Girl: She fought a duel against Lumiya (a Sith Lord) and Alema Rar (a very powerful Dark Jedi) at the same time and nearly won.
- Human Alien
- Killed Off for Real
- Lightning Bruiser: As a Chev, Lobi was much larger than an average human and had powerfull thickly built limbs, but as shown in her duel with Alema and Lumiya she could move extremely quickly and a simple kick from her could send opponents flying.
- Mauve Shirt
- The Mentor: To Thrynni Vae, who was killed by the Peace Brigade during the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Minor Major Character: She was the least developed of any of the Jedi Council members, which is likely why she got killed off in Legacy of the Force.
- Off with Her Head!
A female Yuzzem, Barratk'l joins the Jedi Council in 44 ABY.
- Action Girl
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has one across her throat. She had her vocal cords thinned while the wound was healing so other species could understand her better.
A female human, Eelysa was born on Coruscant after the death of Emperor Palpatine. She became one of Luke's earliest students, and ascended to the rank of Jedi Master at a very young age, often going on long term undercover missions for the Order. During that time, she found and trained several Jedi, including saba Sebatyne. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, she became one of the first Jedi victims of the voxyn.
A female Dathomirian human, Kirana Ti was a member of the Singing Mountain Clan and one of Luke's original twelve students.
A male Pau'an, Lar Le'ung was one of several Jedi who were uncomfortable with the Order taking aggressive action during the Yuuzhan Vong War. Despite this, he participated in the evacuation of Rychel, where he was killed at the hands of Commander Tsalok.
A male human, Markre was a Jedi scholar during the Yuuzhan Vong War. By 44 ABY, he had become the Master of the Archives for the Jedi Temple.
- Ace Pilot: Participated in the defense of Zonama Sekot after bonding with seed-partners and having a living ship made for him.
- Badass Bookworm
One of Luke's twelve original students, Streen was an elderly gas miner on Bespin who sought isolation due to his inability to stop reading other peoples minds. He became one of the first Masters of the newly reformed Jedi Order.
Youngest child of Han and Leia, Anakin was viewed as the most powerful Knight in the New Jedi Order, and Luke considered him his most likely successor. He was a confident and cocky Jedi, but had the skills to survive in nearly any situation. He was killed halfway through the war against the Yuuzhan Vong while leading a strike team to destroy the Voxyn Queen.
- A Day in the Limelight: The Edge of Victory duology.
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence
- Badass: He kills more Yuuzhan Vong than any other Jedi during the first two years of the war.
- Brother-Sister Team
- The Chosen One: Subverted: everyone In-Universe and the readers thought he had a special destiny, but in the end, he was just a powerful Jedi who died saving others.
- Chick Magnet: Near the end of his life, he had several women that were interested in him. He was only ever aware of Tahiri's interest and was confused why she seemed to dislike all the other female Jedi around their age.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome
- Code Name: His callsign in a fighter is "Little Brother".
- Dead Guy Junior: Leia named him after her father hoping to redeem the name, although later regretted it somewhat as she thought it placed a burden on Anakin to live up to that hope.
- Heroic RROD
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Icy Blue Eyes
- Killed Off for Real
- Laser Blade: Used a purple bladed lightsaber, which he rebuilt with a lambent crystal while on Yavin 4 as a Yuuzhan Vong captive, which enabled him to sense the Yuuzhan Vong. It was taken by the Yuuzhan Vong as a trophy after his death, with Supreme Overlord Shimmra trying to use it against Luke during their duel in The Unifying Force. It was recovered after the battle and placed inside a tree in Chewbacca's home village on Kashyyyk, to be withdrawn by someone worthy when it was needed.
- The Messiah: Before his heroic sacrifice.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Tahiri.
- The Stoic: Before the New Jedi Order.
- Technopath: As a child, his talents with the Force were for intuitively understanding machinery.
- Teen Genius
- Useless Spleen: Averted: the initial wound he sustains on the Myrkr mission that ends up killing him is to his spleen.
A Ramoan Jedi Knight who is best friends with the Horn siblings and Bothan Jedi Knight Yaqeel Saav'etu. He often serves as a guardian for Allana Solo Killed during the retaking of the Jedi Temple from the Lost Tribe.
The only child of Luke and Mara. Formerly apprenticed to his cousin Jacen Solo, until he discovered that he had turned to the Dark Side. He finished his training under his father, and became the youngest Jedi Knight in the Order at fourteen years of age. After the Lost Tribe of the Sith emerged, Ben fell for Vestera Khai, a Sith apprentice, and sought to bring her to the light side of the Force, but failed.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of the light side, possibly. See Balance Between Good and Evil below.
- Balance Between Good and Evil: According to a vision received by several Jedi in Apocalypse, it's his destiny to become the immortal "One", representing The Light Side in the galaxy, fighting a Forever War with Vestara, who would eternally represent The Dark Side. He pulls of a Screw Destiny instead, even convincing Vestara not to drink from the Fountain of Power and defeating Abeloth without it.
- Berserk Button: Insulting his parents will anger him greatly.
- Black Cloak
- Chick Magnet:
Luke: And when someone asks you to talk to her among the Trees of Imminent Doom?
Ben: I say yes, and close my eyes and pucker up for a big kiss.
Luke: There, that's the Skywalker survival instinct at work.
- Dating Catwoman: With Vestara.
- Dead Guy Junior: He was named after Obi-Wan Kenobi, whom Luke knew as Ben.
- Deadpan Snarker
- The Empath
- Fiery Redhead
- Holy Hand Grenade: Uses an attack described like this, to punch a hole in Abeloth, in Apocalypse.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness
- Jade-Colored Glasses
- Laser Blade: Used a blue bladed lightsaber.
- Oedipus Complex: Several fans see shades of this in his relationship with Vestara.
- Photographic Memory
- Professional Killer: For one book, anyway; he has the skill, but not the temperament.
- Redheaded Hero
- Screw Destiny: He has torn down at least one prophecy about his future. Only time will tell.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Nearly all of his mannerisms and physical traits are inherited from Mara.
- Super Mode: He does this just long enough to launch a Kamehame Hadoken that is explicitly stated to be capable of destroying a capital ship. Except unlike what Jacen did, this form isn't described as 'impossible to achieve again'.
- Teen Genius: He was the youngest knight in the Order at fourteen...something not even his talented dead cousin could achieve.
A female Twi'lek, Daeshara'cor was raised by her mother, travelling the galaxy and learning tricks from fringe elements in dozens of spaceports. She was eventually discovered by Luke Skywalker, who brought her to the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. After becoming a Jedi Knight, Daeshara'cor rescued two Force sensitive Twi'lek sisters, Numa and Alema Rar, from Ryloth. During the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, she briefly fell to the Dark Side when she learned of the Yuuzhan Vong's slave taking, attempting to find and use a superweapon to destroy them. She perished during the Battle of Ithor.
A human from Druckenwell, Daye served the Rebel Alliance after an Imperial Moff betrayed him and the weapons manufacturing plant he worked for, suffering grevious injuries that resulted in a cybernetic left eye, arm, and leg. After the war against the Empire ended, Daye joined the reformed Jedi Order and married his lover, Tinian I'att. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, he was briefly turned to the Dark Side by a mysterious Force-sensitive Yuuzhan Vong woman, but was redeemed by a group of Jedi and Galactic Alliance agents.
A male human, Doran is the son of Wraith Squadron members Kell Tainer and Tyria Sarkin.
- The Apprentice: Was trained by his mother, Tyria.
- The Big Guy: Both in function and size: he's described as being the size of a dwarf Wookiee.
A human female Jedi Knight, Eryl grew up travelling the space lanes with her father, learning how to tell where in the galaxy she was with the Force. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, she joined the Jedi strike team that traveled to Myrkr. She was killed during the mission when a razor bug sliced her face in half.
A human male, Finn was the prince of Artorias when it came under attack by the Yuuzhan Vong in 25 ABY. He was rescued by Master Luke Skywalker, who discovered his Force sensitivity and recruited him into the Jedi Order.
"He was born to be a legend."
"Before I got this scratch, it was easy to believe in my own invincibility. I was arrogant enough to think of myself as perfect. That's a trap Kyp, Wurth, Octa, and others in his cabal are falling into. They think that because they've not been hurt, they can't be hurt. That's not an illusion I harbor anymore."
An arrogant young Jedi Knight who was part of Kyp Durron's aggressive faction very early in the Yuuzhan Vong war. His own failures and battles against the Vong humbled him, and he turned away from Durron and began supporting Luke's faction. After the Mission to Myrkr, he began investigating rumors that Jacen Solo was alive. He found him seemingly serving the Yuuzhan Vong and was captured, but discovered it was a trick so Jacen could convince the World Brain of the Vong shaped Coruscant to switch sides. Ganner held off the Yuuzhan Vong long enough for Jacen to do so and escape, in a Heroic Sacrifice
that is regarded as one of the greatest moments in the Star Wars Expanded Universe
- Badass: See his Dying Moment of Awesome.
- Badass Boast: One that has yet to be equaled in the EU:
Nom Anor: There are thousands of warriors out here. You are only one man!
Ganner: I am only one Jedi.
Ganner: No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
- Becoming the Mask: For most of his life, Ganner was a conflicted Glory Seeker, trying to fight his own "glory sickness" and being fearful of not living up to what he thinks he is supposed to be — a hero. It is not until the events of Traitor that he finally learns his lesson, with Jacen's help, and makes his choice: he accepts his role as a sidekick, buying time for what Jacen has to do. His You Shall Not Pass Dying Moment of Awesome is the direct result, earning his title of hero among the everyone in the galaxy, including the Yuuzhan Vong.
- Character Development: Goes from an arrogant glory seeker to a humble Jedi who sacrificed his life to save someone he didn't even like because he knew Jacen's survival would restore hope to the New Republic.
- Danger Sense: Averted, unlike most Jedi. According to Jacen, Ganner has the Danger Sense of a mynock and he walks into several traps during the series.
- Dissonant Laughter: During his Heroic Sacrifice.
- Do Not Go Gentle
- Dying Moment of Awesome: Regarded so by everyone in universe: the Yuuzhan Vong eventually elevate him to their pantheon of gods as the gatekeeper of the dead due to it, and the Jedi regard him as one of their greatest heroes.
- Glory Seeker: He got over it following his failure on Garqi against one Yuuzhan Vong warrior. He still struggled with the urge to try be a hero, but kept it in check for the most part.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Received a nasty one on the left side of his face when fighting a Yuuzhan Vong for the first time. He kept it to remind himself what his arrogance could cost him.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Heroic Wannabe: He struggled to resist this, but before his Heroic Sacrifice, he realized that his need to play the hero could be one of his greatest strengths, and used it against the Yuuzhan Vong by tempting them into coming at him one at a time in honorable combat.
- Laser Blade: Used a yellow bladed lightsaber, which was destroyed by the Yuuzhan Vong when he was captured. During his Last Stand, he used Anakin's lightsaber, which Vergere had managed to get to Jacen, who passed it onto Ganner.
- Last Stand
- Mind over Matter: He was an expert in using telekinesis.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Before he gets a reality check during his first duel with a Yuuzhan Vong.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After ridding himself of his arrogance.
- You Shall Not Pass
A male Arcona, Izal was originally the apprentice of Kenth Hamner, but fell prey to his species easy addiction to salt dropping out of the Order. He was eventually found by Master Eelysa, who helped him learn to live with his addiction and continue his training as a Jedi.
"There be dragons..."
The main character of Jedi Academy
, a youth full of talent from Coruscant who managed to build a lightsaber by himself. He's sent to Luke's Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 in order to learn the ways of the Force. The player could choose different races and genders for Jaden, but officially, he's a male human with a purple (later green) standard lightsaber. Jaden has since stared in two EU novels, Crosscurrent
, set nearly 30 years after the game.
- The Atoner: Following his actions during the Battle of Centerpoint, in which he ordered a deck be spaced to quickly clear his strike team a path even though there were civilians inside. He takes a leave of absence from the Jedi Order to sort everything out.
- Back from the Dead: He gets killed by a One Sith agent at the end of Riptide, but his mind is taken in a Ratakan mind spear. Marr uses the mind spear to transfer Jaden's conscience into a clone of Jaden made by the One Sith that was to be used to infiltrate the Jedi Order. Marr does not tell him what happened, but Jaden can sense something is wrong with him once he wakes up and notices that several scars are missing.
- Bad Powers, Good People: In the game, the player can choose to use Dark Side powers, but still play a Lightsided character. In the novels, Force Lightning comes to him unbidden when he gets angry or scared, much to his concern.
- Classical Anti-Hero: Assailed by self-doubt and uncertainty, Jaden in Crosscurrent.
- Cloning Blues
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dual Wielding: Averted: he has two lightsabers, but never uses them together.
- Fingore: He loses three fingers in a lightsaber duel during Crosscurrent.
- Gray Eyes: Represents the ideas above people part of this trope, although he later rejects that after his actions led to the deaths of civilians during the attack on Centerpoint Station.
- Laser Blade: He uses three different lightsabers: the first was a purple bladed one that he built in a dream-like state as a teenager on Coruscant and later gave to Marr. The second was a green bladed lightsaber he built to replace the purple one after losing it on Vjun, although he later recovered it. The third was the blade of a insane clone known as Alpha, who destroyed Jaden's second lightsaber. Jaden took the clone's unstable red bladed lightsaber and cleansed the crystal, turning the blade yellow.
- Parental Abandonment: Both his parents were killed in a speeder accident when he was a child, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Orn, who died when the Yuuzhan Vong invaded Coruscant.
- The Protagonist: Of Crosscurrent and Riptide.
- Sword and Gun: He uses both lightsabers and blasters in combat.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: Both Kheydan and Marr note he has one soon after they meet him in Crosscurrent, due to the trauma of his actions during the assault on Centerpoint Station.
A male Rodian, Drark joined the Jedi strike team to Myrkr during the Yuuzhan Vong War, serving as the team's sniper. He was killed when a Yuuzhan Vong warrior sliced his chest open with an amphistaff.
- Cold Sniper
- Mauve Shirt
- Mind over Matter: Jovan was particularly skilled with using Force waves to clear paths, which came in handy in the biot rich enviroment the Myrkr strike team encountered.
- The Quiet One: The rest of the team notes that he's very quiet, and he only says a few words during his page time.
The second child of Corran and Mirax Horn. In 43 ABY, she was one of several Jedi who fell under the mental control of Abeloth, but was eventually freed.
A female human, Kani became acting Grand Master Kenth Hamner's apprentice shortly after he took office. She was killed when Mandalorian's laid siege to the Jedi Temple.
The player character of X-Wing
. A male human, Keyan was a fighter pilot in the Rebellion during the Galactic Civil War. He eventually became a Jedi Knight, but continued to serve as a fleet commander in the New Republic navy.
A female Bothan, Kolir participated in several missions during the Second Galactic Civil War, usually alongside fellow Jedi Knight Thann Mithric.
The nephew of Chewbacca, Lowbacca was discovered to be Force sensitive and sent to train at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Acadamy on Yavin 4, where he quickly became friends with the Solo children. Since then, he has proven to be one of the Jedi Order's best pilots and mechanics, serving on the frontlines of every galactic conflict alongside his friends.
A female Anx, Madurrin was one of Luke's original twelve students. She is extremely skilled with Battle Meditation, and served in the New Republic and Galactic Alliance fleets during the Yuuzhan Vong War to utilize her talents.
"Life does not follow a predictable path. There is no way to capture the infinite variables involved."
A Cerean math savant, which is linked to his Force sensitivity. He is a salvager who works with Kheydan Faal and is hired by Jaden Korr to help investigate a mysterious signal in Crosscurrent
. He becomes Jaden's apprentice at the end of the novel, and their story is continued in Riptide
A female Falleen, Natua was one of several Jedi afflicted by a madness created by the Dark Side Force being Abeloth. After recovering, she assisted Grand Master Luke Skywalker in researching ancient Sith worlds to find some trace of where Abeloth or her Lost Tribe of Sith allies might be hiding. She died on Upekzar at the hands of Vestera Khai, who wounded her to save Ben Skywalker from Rhak-skuri, which attacked and killed Natua when she became an easier target.
A Human Jedi Knight from Lorrd, where she was stationed in 40 ABY. Having been trained in lightsaber dueling by Jacen Solo, she developed a crush on him and was eager to assist him and his apprentice Ben Skywalker when they arrived on Lorrd to investigate a mysterious artifact. Their investigation led to the Sith Lady Lumiya, who turned Jacen to the Dark Side of the Force, causing him to strike Nelani down.
A human Jedi Knight descended from a family of Alderaanian merchants who attended the Jedi Acadamy alongside the Solo children. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Raynar ended up stranded in Killik space after two Sith hijacked his ship on a mission, becoming Unu Thul
, the head of the Killik hive mind. The Sith manipulated him into starting a war of expansion and drawing his Jedi friends into the war, but he was eventually captured and redeemed by Grand Master Luke Skywalker, rejoining the Jedi Order during the fight against Abeloth and the Lost Tribe of Sith.
A orphan who lived in Coruscant's Vongformed lower levels until Jacen Solo discovered her Force sensitivity and helped her enter the Jedi Order. In thanks, she supplied him information about things that happened in the Jedi Temple and carried out several tasks for him. When he fell to the Dark Side, Seha ceased assisting him and played a part in trying to bring about his downfall. After the war, she became the apprentice of Council Master Octa Ramis, and became a full Jedi Knight while participating in operations against the Lost Tribe of Sith.
A Chev Jedi Knight who champions anti-slavery activity. He was one of several Jedi Knights who suffered a Force psychosis inflicted by Abeloth.
"I know something about pain you don't. Pain drowns other people. I just swim in it."
The descendent of a Jedi Knight from the Old Order, Tahiri was born to two Force sensitive moisture farmers on Tatooine who were killed when she was three during a misunderstanding by a group of Tuskin Raiders who thought they were attacking the leader of their tribe, Silven, who was actually friends with the couple. Tahiri was raised by Silven as a Tusken until Luke and Tionne discovered her on a trip to Tatooine and received permission to take her to become a Jedi. She befriended Anakin Solo at the Jedi Academy, and the two eventually fell in love. However, their happiness was cut short as Tahiri was physically and psychologically scarred by torture at the hands of Yuuzhan Vong Shapers and Anakin died on the mission to destroy the Voxyn Queen. Tahiri ended up broken by these events, never able to fully recover from her mental torture and the loss of Anakin, leading to a brief stint as the Sith apprentice of Darth Caedus before being redeemed by Ben Skywalker.
- Aborted Arc: Anakin has a vision in Conquest of her as a half-Yuuzhan Vong Dark Messiah, and following the events of that book she pretty much has the "half-Yuuzhan Vong" part down, and it's pretty heavily hinted in The Final Prophecy that this is still a possible future. It never comes up again after that book, even when she goes dark, and her Yuuzhan Vong nature gets a few cursory mentions in Dark Nest before being dropped nearly altogether in Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi, despite being a very prominent aspect of her personality before that.
- Action Girl
- The Atoner: She becomes this by Fate of the Jedi: Ascension.
- Break the Cutie
- Broken Bird
- Code Name: Her callsign in a fighter is "Toes".
- Corrupt the Cutie: Everyone tries to corrupt her for some purpose. The Yuuzhan Vong, the Killiks, Darth Caedus...
- Does Not Like Shoes: Her perpetual barefooting was so well known that her own squadron adopted the name "Barefoot Squadron."
- The Dragon: To Darth Caedus.
- Enemy Within: Riina Kwaad during the late New Jedi Order.
- Face-Heel Turn
- "Get Out of Jail Free" Card: Technically, she's still under trial for the murder of Pellaeon.
- Laser Blade: Uses a blue bladed lightsaber.
- Love Makes You Evil: She joins Jacen because of Anakin's death. Specifically because he claims he can bring Anakin back.
- Necromantic: See Love Makes You Evil.
- Odd Friendship: With Nen Yim in The Final Prophecy, made particularly odd because Nen was the assistant to the Mad Scientist who tried to turn Tahiri into a Yuuzhan Vong in the first place. Of course, since Tahiri's Vong personality was based on Nen Yim's own memories, there's a reason why they would connect with each other...
- Raised By Tusken Raiders
- Scars Are Forever: Numerous ones, including three prominant scars going in straight lines down her forehead, left behind by the process the Shapers used to instal the Riina Kwaad personality.
- Split Personality: After the failed brainwashing in Conquest, leading to:
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Anakin.
- Too Kinky to Torture: After becoming half-Yuuzhan Vong mentally.
A human from Duro, Tam is the son of Daye and Tinian Azur-Jamin.
A Chadra-Fan Jedi Knight who served as Cilghal's apprentice. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Tekli was a member of the Myrkr strike team, and helped in the search for Zonama Sekot. Afterwards she has primarly assisted Cilghal in running the Jedi Temple's medical facilities or providing medical support on missions.
A Barabel Jedi Knight, Tesar is the son of Saba and the hatchmate of Bela and Krasov. In Fate of the Jedi
, he became the leader of a pack of Barabels who started a nest under the Jedi Temple.
"I am an ethical Jedi. I only twist people's minds in the line of duty."
A male Falleen, Thann participated in several Jedi missions during the Second Galactic Civil War, often working alongside Bothan Jedi Knight Kolir Hu'lya. He was killed dueling Darth Caedus.
See the X-Wing Series character page
A female Bith, Ulaha was a gifted musician and strategist. She was a member of the Myrkr strike team, but was the first one to die after suffering a wound during the teams initial capture.
- Action Girl
- Determinator: Even injured and facing repeated bouts of torture, Ulaha never broke and in fact killed the Voxyn being used to torture her after Anakin ordered her to admit that a hidden Jedi base existed.
- Elegant Classical Musician
- Good with Numbers: So good that she can determine the chances of success for a battle plan almost perfectly while taking into account multiple variables.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Having already been injured, Ulaha realized that she would just slow the strike team down and offered to pilot their captured Yuuzhan Vong ship away so the rest of the team could sneak onto the Yuuzhan Vong worldship. She nearly escaped, but several enemy ships caught up with her, so she blew up her vessel rather then get taken captive again.
- Sacrificial Lion: Her death established that no member of the Myrkr strike team was safe.
- The Smart Girl
- The Strategist: Her gift with numbers and tactics made her one of the Jedi Order's best strategists during the early stages of the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Taking You with Me: Took out several Yuuzhan Vong vessels with her sacrifice.
The eldest child of Corran and Mirax Horn. In 43 ABY, he was one of several Jedi who fell under the mental control of Abeloth, but was eventually freed.
A male Brubb, Wonetun was trained by Saba Sebatyne and joined her Wild Knights squadron during the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Ace Pilot
- Flies Like Crazy: He flies a blastboat like it’s a starfighter and sets its inertia compensator to 92%. This makes Danni Quee have to close her eyes during some maneuvers to keep them in their sockets.
- Only One Name
A male human, Wurth was one of several Jedi to be a part of Kyp Durron's radical faction during the Yuuzhan Vong War. He died in Yuuzhan Vong captivity after deliberately being taken captive to try and disrupt Yuuzhan Vong slave operations.
- A Day in the Limelight: In Agents of Chaos II: Hero's Trial.
- Big Ego, Hidden Depths: Gets broken down and shows his Hidden Depths in Hero's Trial, but unfortunately he doesn't survive to learn from his experiances.
- Laser Blade: Used a red bladed lightsaber.
- Leeroy Jenkins: He had a tendency to act without thinking, charging into situations without looking at what could result from them. In Vector Prime, this involved him shooting down fighters and causing a major diplomatic incident that set back negotiations between two planets, and this same impulsiveness led to his death aboard a Yuuzhan Vong slave ship.
- Smug Super
A female Bothan, Yaqeel is best friends with the Horn siblings and Ramoan Jedi Knight Bazel Warv, and one of several victims of Abeloth's mind control.
- Action Girl
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By Abeloth from Abyss until Allies.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: During the retaking of Coruscant from the Lost Tribe, Yaqeel spotted a man with a dark Force aura watching a battle between Jedi and Sith in a plaza. When she tried to take him into custody, he effortsly disarmed her and told her "not yet". Considering the heavy implication that the man was Darth Krayt, Yaqeel was lucky to survive.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Bazel.
- Laser Blade: Uses an amber bladed lightsaber.
A blue-skinned Jedi, Yuledan was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong early in their invasion of the galaxy and experimented on by the Master Shaper Ngame.
A orphan who befriended the Solo children on Coruscant, he was kidnapped by the Shadow Acadamy and trained to be a Dark Jedi. He eventully turned to the Lightside and briefly became a bounty hunter before joining the Jedi Order, and entered into a Love Triangle
for Jaina's affections with Jagged Fel, which he eventually lost. He is now engaged to one of Tenal Ka's cousins, Taryn Zel, and continues to serve the Jedi Order as one of its most capable Jedi Knights.
- The Atoner: For his actions during his time at the Shadow Academy.
- Battle Couple: With Taryn Zel.
- The Big Guy
- Code Name: His callsign in a fighter is "Bounty Hunter".
- Conveniently an Orphan
- Deadpan Snarker
- Expy: See Sixth Ranger below.
- Good Counterpart: To Welk: both are former students of the Shadow Academy and have Only One Name, but Zekk becomes a Jedi while Welk joins the One Sith.
- Skin Color Dissonance: Described as pale in Young Jedi Knights, but looks vaguely Asian in some of the official art.
- Heel-Face Turn
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Jaina.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: As a Jedi, he is noted for his incredible will to resist temptation, and his refusal to consider any action that is even the tiniest bit morally grey.
- Laser Blade: Used a red bladed lightsaber when he was part of the Shadow Academy. After becoming a Jedi, he used a yellow-orange one.
- Only One Name
- The Quiet One
- The Paragon Always Rebels: Against the Shadow Academy.
- Parental Abandonment: He came from the groundquake prone planet Ennth, and was evacuated from the planet when the groundquake season started, but his parents died after trying to save some of their possessions.
- The Power of Friendship: What Jaina uses to turn him back from the darkside.
- The Scrounger: As an orphan in Coruscant's undercity, he had to scavenge a lot of supplies and machinery to survive. According to Star By Star, he actually has a Force enhanced sense to determine the best way to find and use scraps to make repairs.
- Sixth Ranger: In many ways, he's an expy of Tommy Oliver. Orphan, check. The bad guys' champion, check. Heel-Face Turn, check. They even look similar.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Implied with Jaina in Young Jedi Knights, they actually do date later.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: When he and Jaina are part of the Killik hive mind in the Dark Nest Trilogy, Zekk shares her leftover feelings for Jag. Everyone is Squicked out by this.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Though he does get to date Hapan royalty instead.
Mirax Terrik Horn
Corran Horn's wife, and a (former) smuggler who specialized in antiques.
A human salvager born abord the remains of the Outbound Flight, Khedryn became a smuggler and salvager after the survivors of the Outbound Flight were discovered and rescued. He operated on the planet Fhost along the borders of the Unknown Regions with his partner Marr Idi-Shael, where they encountered Jedi Knight Jaden Korr and helped him on his mission to investigate a strange distress signal.
A human male, Dyon is a failed Jedi apprentice with a weak connection to the Force. He became a guide on Dathmori, and assisted Grand Master Luke Skywalke and his son Ben when they arrived on the planet chasing Sith Apprentice Vastari Khai. He fell prey to the Force madness spread by Abeloth, who took over his body, forcing Luke to kill him.