- Star Wars – New Jedi Order and Legacy Eras
open/close all folders
The Grand Master of the reformed Jedi Order, Luke began rebuilding the Order in 11 ABY, establishing a Jedi Academy in the Grand Temple on Yavin 4, with an initial class of twelve students. From there, the Order grew into more than a thousand Jedi by 44 ABY, with Luke as the head of the Jedi Council, having led the Jedi through the turmoil of the Yuuzhan Vong War, Swarm War, Second Galactic Civil War, the emergence of the Lost Tribe of the Sith, and the attacks of the Dark Side entity known as Abeloth.Through the turmoil, Luke has gained and lost much: he married former Emperor's Hand Mara Jade and had a son named Ben, but also lost his nephew Anakin Solo and close friend Chewbacca in the Yuuzhan Vong War, and his other nephew Jacen fell to the Dark Side, becoming Darth Caedus, and was killed by his twin sister Jaina, but not before murdering Mara to secure his place as the new Dark Lord of the Sith.
- Artificial Limbs: Has an artificial hand.
- Badass Grandpa: Not a literal grandfather, but as of Fate of the Jedi, he's in his sixties and still getting more powerful.
- Badass In Charge: Grand Master of the Jedi Order
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: Besides the fact that the Final Battle against Abeloth left Luke near-death and comatose for several weeks, it is repeatedly implied that they have only temporarily dealt with her.
- Chick Magnet: The number of love interests he had before the authors settled on Mara is a tad ridiculous.
- Code Name: His call sign in a fighter is "Farm Boy".
- Good Is Not Soft: Especially towards the Lost Tribe.
- Happily Married: To Mara Jade until Caedus killed her in Sacrifice.
- Heartbroken Badass: After Mara's death.
- The Mentor: Personally trained many of the Jedi who now sit beside him on the Jedi Council, as well as his nephews.
- Papa Wolf: Threatening Ben is one of the few ways to actually make him mad.
- Physical God: Pretty much nothing can touch him that isn't an ancient Dark Side Eldritch Abomination.
- Shock and Awe: He learned how to use a variant on Force lightning called "Electric Judgment" that does not rely on The Dark Side, and taught it to many in the Order.
Jaina Solo Fel
The daughter of Han and Leia Solo, twin sister of Jacen, and older sister of Anakin. And now the wife of Jagged Fel. Jaina is one of the most powerful Jedi in the Order, and named the Sword of the Jedi by the Force through Luke during her Knighting ceremony. She is notable for her serious and sometimes abrasive demeanor, along with her amazing piloting and mechanical skills.
- Boxing Lessons for Superman: She has been trained in Mandalorian fighting techniques by Boba Fett himself.
- Brother-Sister Team: With Jacen, until the Dark Nest Trilogy.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Jacen's Cain.
- The Chosen One: As the Sword of the Jedi.
- Code Name: Her callsign in a fighter is "Sticks", due to having two sticks: her lightsaber and the flight control stick.
- Colonel Badass: In the New Jedi Order while leading Twins Suns Squadron.
- Distressed Damsel: All too often, mostly in New Jedi Order. She manages to make it out of Fate of the Jedi without this happening to her.
- God Guise: She was mistaken by some Yuuzhan Vong for Yun-Harla, the Trickster Goddess. She took advantage of this for a bit of psychological warfare, which wrecked havoc among the more devout Yuuzhan Vong who fought her.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: When Anakin died. Later gets another one after being forced to kill Jacen.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Zekk.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She can come across as very abrasive, but she's also a committed Jedi Master through and through.
- The Lancer: Inheriting her father's position in Young Jedi Knights.
- Laser Blade: Uses a purple bladed lightsaber.
- Love Triangle: With Zekk and Jagged. She ends up with Jag at the end of Legacy of the Force, and marries him at the end of Apocalypse.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She's basically a female Han — an amazing pilot, awesome mechanic, and Deadpan Snarker, with her own Wookiee sidekick in Lowie.
- Temporary Blindness: In Balance Point, when she's forced to eject from her fighter and stares into a nearby ship exploding.
- What the Hell, Hero?: A number of characters criticize Jaina for her use of Force lightning after her brother's death, spending too much time with Ta'a Chume, providing a test subject for a Mad Scientist, abusing a life debt, and sending pilots on suicide runs, to name a few in Dark Journey.
- When You Coming Home, Mom?: Towards Leia in the beginning of NJO. She's bitter that her mother's work kept both her and Han from their kids. Both her parents are at fault, but Jaina's more irritated with Leia because they share little in common beyond their force-sensitivity, which Leia also neglects, while Jaina closely resembles Han.
Mara Jade Skywalker
Mara Jade was once the Emperor's deadliest assassin, but was cut adrift in the galaxy when her master died. Fixating on Luke Skywalker as the reason her life was ruined, she became obsessed with killing him - only to save (and be saved by) him on several occasions, ultimately marrying him and becoming a member of the Jedi Council. They had one son, Ben Skywalker, born in the middle of the Yuuzhan Vong War. Dies in Sacrifice at the hands of her nephew Jacen Solo after she discovered he had fallen to the Dark Side and was trying to corrupt Ben, causing her to try to assassinate him.
- Betty and Veronica: She's the Veronica to Callista's Betty.
- Brainwash Residue: Left when Palpatine died.
- Broken Bird: Hoo boy. Taken from her family by the Emperor, who probably had them killed, and indoctrinated and turned her into his personal assassin. The one mission she fails, killing Luke Skywalker, comes back to bite her hard when Luke subsequently triggers Vader's Heel-Face Turn and killing of the Emperor to protect his son. Oh, and the Emperor was in telepathic contact with Mara at the time and showed her a false vision of what happened (Vader and Luke turning on the Emperor together) to say "This is all your fault," with the vision tormenting her practically nightly for five years to ensure that eventually she kills Luke as vengeance on Vader from beyond the grave. She loses her power and prestige, her home and sense of purpose, and spends five years bouncing from meaningless job to meaningless job, often having to take off when her latent Force abilities awaken and the visions of the Emperor return, and she fears to let anyone get close. Then she meets Luke Skywalker and discovers that her existence has been a lie, and everything she ever believed was wrong. Timothy Zahn picked her name for a reason.
- Combat Pragmatist: As much as Kyle Katarn. Uses a lightsaber, blasters, flechette cannons, and explosives to dispatch enemies. Also has Light and Dark Side powers.
- Good Counterpart: To Lumiya. Both served as the Emperor's Hand(s), but Mara became a Jedi Master while Lumiya became a Sith Lord.
- Green Eyes: In Sacrifice we get the line "…green and icy like a river frozen in its flood…"
- Heel–Face Turn: Used to be the Emperor's Hand.
- Jade-Colored Glasses: Large part of her backstory.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: It's difficult to show her as gentle and motherly, almost angelic, as opposed to temperamental, but when it works, it's absolutely adorable.
- Killed Off for Real: By Jacen Solo in Sacrifice.
- Mama Bear: Please, don't try to hurt Ben if you value your life; she will go into an Unstoppable Rage the moment she finds out.
- Meaningful Name: Mara is Aramaic for "bitter", which is one of her primary characteristics in The Thrawn Trilogy; also see Jade-Colored Glasses above. Jade is also a precious stone that's best known for being used to decorate the palaces of Emperors in Ancient China, which is appropriate for a woman who started her career posing as a courtesan in the Emperor's palace on Coruscant.
- Opposites Attract: Luke leans towards The Quiet One and Martial Pacifist, while Mara's a Fiery Redhead.
- Spy Catsuit: Her signature costume.
- Undying Loyalty: There are very few people she allows past her barrier of indifference, but she will protect those she deems worthy of such with her life.
- Tsundere: Type A; it mostly balances out once's she married, but in no way does she ever become a type B.
The main character of the Dark Forces Saga, Kyle started as an Imperial soldier before finding out that the Empire was behind the death of his father, after which he defected and became a mercenary serving the Rebellion and later the New Republic against the Empire, especially when it came to tasks of infiltration and sabotage, as his inside knowledge of the layout of Imperial ships and bases gave him an advantage. Kyle eventually became a Jedi and was charged with the task of defending the legendary Valley of the Jedi on Rusaan and trained several Jedi Knights. Following the formation of the Jedi Council, Kyle became one of the main leaders of the Jedi Order, fighting in the Yuuzhan Vong War, Second Galactic Civil War, and the war against the Lost Tribe of Sith.See the Dark Forces Saga page for an entry containing game tropes.
- Badass Beard: From the second game onward.
- Badass Normal: In the first title, he managed to stop the Dark Trooper project without Force powers. And this is when he wasn't punching a Kell Dragon◊ to death.
- Bad Powers, Good People: He can use Dark Side powers like Grip and Force Lightning, but is still on the side of good.
- Breakout Character: One of the few video game characters to appear in the main expanded universe and easily one of the most prominent of them.
- Combat Pragmatist: Being a Jedi doesn't stop him from carrying blasters, disruptor rifles and thermal detonators along with his lightsaber. Not to mention that he makes use of both Light and Dark Side powers.
- Cool Old Guy: By Legacy of the Force.
- Fan Nickname: God.
- The Gunslinger: Before becoming a Jedi, he mainly used guns.
- Heel–Face Turn: Brought about by learning of his fathers death at the hands of the Empire, although he had been having doubts about it even before then.
- Laser Blade: Started out with a green lightsaber in Jedi Knight, then a yellow one (courtesy of Yun), and finally a blue one in Outcast and Academy.
- Made of Iron: Kyle survived being impaled by a lightsaber through the chest (and then having an infection get a hold of that wound) during the Legacy of the Force saga.
- Master Swordsman: To the point that he holds the title Jedi Battlemaster. It's the most obvious in Jedi Academy when he fights alongside Jaden.
- The Mentor: To Jaden Korr and Rosh Penin.
- Mook Horror Show: A New Republic Intelligence operative named Hantor Loftus once recommended that Kyle not be sent on any more missions, since a raid on an Imperial base he carried out had only left one terrified survivor that was too traumatized by witnessing Kyle in action to provide any information.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After killing Maw in anger.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: In Outcast, he returns to the Valley of the Jedi in order to regain his powers to fight Desann. By doing so, he allowed Desann to follow him, reach the Valley and use the Force Nexus to power him up and create the Reborn.
- One-Man Army: Can tear through legions of stormtroopers and Dark Jedi effortlessly.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: When Desann and Tavion apparently kill Jan.
- Superpowered Evil Side: During the events in Mysteries of the Sith, he falls victim to the Dark Force Nexus in the Temple on Dromund Kaas. Mara manages to pull him out of it.
- Weapon of Choice: His lightsaber and Bryar Blaster.
- The Worf Effect: Suffers from this in Fury when Darth Caedus defeats him in battle. Although getting struck from behind by a large speeder and flung into a lightsaber would give anyone this.
The most powerful of Luke's original students, Kyp briefly fell to the dark side during his training due to the influence of Exar Kun's ghost. He ended up destroying a entire system, accidentally murdering his brother in the process, before being redeemed by Han. He continued to be aggressive in his duties as a Jedi, often conflicting with Luke on the best way for Jedi to operate, before eventually coming around to Luke's point of view halfway throughout the Yuuzhan Vong War. Now he is a respected member of the Jedi Council, albeit one who often favors more direct and aggressive solutions.
- Call Sign: His call sign in a fighter is "Headhunter".
- Cool Old Guy: Has become this by Legacy of the Force.
- Dark is Not Evil: Like Luke, he likes to wear black outfits that often look Sithly in nature, but he isn't evil. Well, most of the time he isn't.
- Heel Realization: During the New Jedi Order, he watches as Jaina embraces his philosophy of taking the fight to the Yuuzhan Vong, but in the most destructive way possible, leading to her nearly falling to the Dark Side. He realizes what a disaster it would be if the Jedi acted like that and changed his mind, throwing all of his support behind Luke and doing his best to stop Jaina from falling any deeper into the dark.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Until about half-way through the New Jedi Order. He's mellowed out a lot since then.
- Karma Houdini: Considered this by many people in-universe, especially in the Imperial Remnant.
- The Mentor: To Miko Reglia, the first Jedi casualty of the Yuuzhan Vong War, and to Jaina.
- Mentor Ship: Briefly with Jaina in the New Jedi Order: they end up good friends, and he leads the Jedi honor guard at her wedding.
- Mind Rape: Does this to Qwi Xux in the Jedi Academy Trilogy to prevent her from making more superweapons.
- Pragmatic Hero: During the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Redemption Equals Death: Subverted, but it looked like he was going to die for a second at the end of the Jedi Academy Trilogy.
- Remember When You Blew Up A Solar System?: Yes, he does, and boy does he feel bad about it.
- Sarcastic Devotee: Evolves into this for Luke.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: At several points in his life on many issues.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Does this to Luke while under Exar Kun's influence.
Former CorSec officer on Corellia, Corran became a member of Rogue Squadron after joining the Rebel Alliance, taking part in many important events during the war. He eventually learned of his Jedi heritage, and became a full time Jedi once peace with the Imperial Remnant was established. Married to Mirax Terrik Horn, with whom he has two children, Valin and Jysella, who also become Jedi Knights.
- Ancestral Weapon: His first lightsaber, which belonged to his grandfather.
- Cold Sniper: He plays one very well during an undercover mission in Isard's Revenge, and also has a tendency to be depicted this way at least a little bit in the Allston novels.
- Energy Absorption: He is one of the few Jedi to have a natural talent for this, and can use the energy he absorbs to do things he normally can't, like telekinesis.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: He spends most of Fate of the Jedi in this state after both his children go insane.
- Just a Machine: Averted, he's one of the few Rogue pilots to treat his astromech droid Whistler as a person (even Wedge casually wiped the memory of his droid at one point) and half the crazy piloting stunts he pulls off in the X-Wing books are because he's got Whistler helping him in ways other pilots would never think to use their droids for.
- Laser Blade: Uses a dual-phased lightsaber, allowing him too switch his blade length between a normal sized 1.3 meter silver blade and a 3 meter purple blade.
- Master of Illusion: Another one of his natural skills, Corran is very good at Jedi Mind Tricks, which extends to making his target think they see things that aren't there. Also to help Tionne see how she’d look with different hair.
- The Mentor: He has trained at least one Jedi, Raltharan, to Knighthood, and helped train Tahiri Veila.
- Nonuniform Uniform: Rather than the normal brown robes that other Jedi wear, Corran wears green ones in keeping with the Corellian Jedi tradition.
- Also true in his Rogue Squadron days. While most of the unit was painted in Rogue Squadron red, his fighter was CorSec green. This is because he never officially signed over his fighter to the New Republic.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Corran is only 5'4". Pilots tend to be short to fit better into the cockpit.
- Selective Squeamishness Suppression: In I, Jedi, Corran is able to look at a man who had been burned to death and calmly point out what's strange about the body, while Luke winces and the other Jedi-in-training are starkly horrified. Corran later is extremely shaken up when he's hit by the "disturbance in the Force" caused by Kyp destroying Carida, even running outside and throwing up. Given that said disturbance in the force was caused by the destruction of a planet, and that said disturbance caused Corran to witness the horrifying deaths of the people there pretty much firsthand, it's actually understandable.
- Zero-Approval Gambit: Does this after the Battle of Ithor, taking the blame for the planets destruction in order to spare the Jedi Order any more damage in public opinion.
A former member of the New Republic military, Kenth served as the liaison between the military and Jedi Order during the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion, and became a key member of the Jedi Council after it was reformed. Kenth was appointed acting Grand Master after Luke's exile, but faced serious opposition to his policies from the rest of the Jedi Council. He was eventually removed from his post after opposing the launch of a wing of Stealth-X's to support Luke against the Lost Tribe of Sith, fearing that current Galactic Alliance Chief of State Natasi Daala would view it as a prelude to an attack on her. He was killed in a duel with Saba Sebatyne attempting to stop the launch.
- Blue Blood: He comes from a long line of aristocrats from Corellia.
- Conflicting Loyalty: During Fate of the Jedi, between the Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance.
- Fatal Flaw: His inability to discern that he can't remain loyal to both the Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance while Daala is in charge of the latter.
- Knight Templar: Falls into this territory after being removed from the position of Grand Master, coming to believe that the only way to save the relationship between the Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance is to kill Saba in order to make the other Masters fall back in line.
- Laser Blade: Uses a green bladed lightsaber.
- To Be Lawful or Good: He choses lawful and snaps, attempting to kill Saba.
- We Used to Be Friends: Feels this way about the Council, especially Saba, after they all turn against him and his efforts to lead the Order.
A Barabel Jedi Master who was trained outside of the Order by Master Eelysa. She served with distinction during the Yuuzhan Vong War, and trained Leia following the Swarm War. She continued to serve as a major voice on the Jedi Council, often favoring more aggressive solutions to problems, which led her into direct conflict with acting Grand Master Kenth Hamner following Luke's exile by Chief of State Natasi Daala.
- Ace Pilot: During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Saba commanded a squadron of Barabel Jedi known as the Wild Knights which turned the tide of several battles.
- Animal Eyes: They look like Hellish Pupils, but she isn't evil.
- The Atoner: After arriving at her home planet and finding it destroyed by the Yuuzhan Vong, she began attacking the nearest Vong ship she could find. It was a slave ship filled with thousands of her people, whom she doomed to death by spacing when she blew open a hole in the ship. Luke managed to convince her to join the hunt for Zonama Sekot as a way to make up for her mistake.
- Bizarre Alien Senses: Can see in infrared.
- Blood Knight: As a Jedi, she struggles to keep this in check.
- Code Name: Her call sign in a fighter is "Hisser".
- Determinator: She continued to fight even after taking Force-thrown rocks and a lightsaber blow to the head as well as several other wounds during her duel with Welk in the Dark Nest Trilogy.
- Hates Being Touched: It's a Barabel thing: only those who have permission or are close friends can touch them. Anyone else will get bitten. Saba works hard to overcome this instinct, as it's not very Jedi-like.
- It's All My Fault: Hamner's death.
- Laser Blade: Used a red bladed lightsaber during the Yuuzhan Vong War, but at some point switched to a purple bladed one by the time the Lost Tribe emerged.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Her reaction to inadvertently killing hundreds of her fellow Barabels by destroying a Yuuzhan Vong slave transport in anger in Remnant. She is troubled by what she had done, which leads her to attempt a daring capture of a similar slave ship later on in the book.
- In Vortex, she has undergoes this again when her actions led to Kenth dying in a duel against her when she was forced to chose between saving him or stopping his lightsaber from cutting the hanger doors power lines and trapping the Jedi starfighters inside.
- The Mentor: She trained her children, as well as another dozen Barabel Jedi Knights.
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: To a minor degree, like most Barabels.
Former Mon Calamari abassador turned Jedi, Cilghal is the head Jedi Healer of the New Jedi Order. She is also the Orders foremost expert on biology and often functions as a voice of reason and calmness on the Jedi Council.
- Action Girl: Before Backlash, we had never seen Cilghal in a fight. When she's confronted by Jedi Knight Sothias Saar, who had just succumbed to Force Psychosis, she defeats him in about five seconds. Chief of State Daala is surprised when she sees the footage, but realizes that Cilghal is a Jedi Master for a reason.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has her moments, espically when dealing with a rude security officer:Harfard: "Now get out of my way, fish-head."Cilghal: "Two things. First, my name is not Fish-Head. It is Master Cilghal. Second, I am not in your way. That is a logistical impossibility. I am less than a meter wide. The entryway where we stand and the doorway behind me are several meters wide. I now leave it as an exercise of your alleged intelligence to find a way into the Temple. If you do a very good job, perhaps we will name the test after you."
- Laser Blade: Uses a silver bladed lightsaber.
- Omnidisciplinary Scientist: In addition to her medical knowledge, Cilghal is an expert in several biological and technological fields. This made her very useful during the Yuuzhan Vong War, as she studied every captured Yuuzhan Vong biot to find a weakness to exploit.
A former Dark Jedi who served Palpatine, he was redeemed by Luke and became the first recruit into the reformed Jedi Order. He met and married Tionne, a fellow Jedi, and together they run the Jedi Academy.
- Heel–Face Turn: He's a former Dark Jedi who served Darth Sidious, but Luke managed to redeem him.
- Laser Blade: Used a silver-blue bladed lightsaber.
- Made of Iron: In Fury, he survives being shot by a sniper several times, although it takes a while for him to recover and he never regains all of his strength.
- The Mentor: To the students of the Jedi Academy.
The foremost scholar of the Jedi Order, and co-head of the Jedi Academy with her husband Kam. While not that powerful in the Force, she makes up for it in her dedication to her research and training of the academy students. Tionne is also noted for musical ability, and she often writes ballads about Jedi heroes and history.
- Adventurer Archaeologist: Justified as many of the locations she explored while looking for Jedi artifacts were guarded by dangerous creatures or Dark Jedi.
- Artificial Limbs: One of her legs and an arm were shot off by an insane Gallactic Alliance Security officer during Darth Caedus' siege of the Jedi Academy on Ossus.
- Laser Blade: Used a silver bladed lightsaber.
- The Mentor: To the students of the Jedi Academy, and she trained both Octa Ramis and Mander Zoma personally.
- Monochromatic Eyes: Pearly white.
A human Jedi Master from Chandrila, she served with distinction during the Yuuzhan Vong War, during which she favored aggressive tactics. Octa became a Jedi Master after the war, and began training Seha Dorvald after the Second Galactic Civil War.
- Big Sister Mentor: To Seha Dorvald.
- Character Development: When first introduced, Octa is one of Kyp's biggest supporters in the Order for advocacy of Jedi being more aggressive in pursuing justice and in taking the fight to the Yuuzhan Vong. She eventually comes to realize that he's wrong, and calms down considerably.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: A minor case: Octa has a had a tendency to go unmentioned or unseen for long periods. She only appeared once in Legacy of the Force despite being a member of the Council. Fate of the Jedi stopped this trend, although she is strangely absent from Abyss.
- The Lancer: To Kyp Durron during the Yuuzhan Vong War, until his orders during the Battle of Coruscant resulted in them being the only two survivors of his squadron and she realized how dangerous a path his philosophy was leading the Jedi on.
- The Slicer: She's pretty good at slicing into computer systems, most notably when she helped her friend and fellow Jedi Daeshara'cor search for information on superweapons to use against the Yuuzhan Vong.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Miko Reglia, who was the first Jedi casualty of the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Student and Master Team: With Seha Dorvald.
A Chev Jedi Master who served on the Advisory Council during the Yuuzhan Vong War. Killed fighting Lumiya and Alema Rar after discovering the plot to turn Jacen Solo and Ben Skywalker to the Dark Side.
- Action Girl: She fought a duel against Lumiya (a Sith Lord) and Alema Rar (a very powerful Dark Jedi) at the same time and nearly won.
- Lightning Bruiser: As a Chev, Lobi was much larger than an average human and had powerfull thickly built limbs, but as shown in her duel with Alema and Lumiya she could move extremely quickly and a simple kick from her could send opponents flying.
- The Mentor: To Thrynni Vae, who was killed by the Peace Brigade during the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Minor Major Character: She was the least developed of any of the Jedi Council members, which is likely why she got killed off in Legacy of the Force.
Barratk'lA female Yuzzem, Barratk'l joins the Jedi Council in 44 ABY.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has one across her throat. She had her vocal cords thinned while the wound was healing so other species could understand her better.
A female human, Eelysa was born on Coruscant after the death of Emperor Palpatine. She became one of Luke's earliest students, and ascended to the rank of Jedi Master at a very young age, often going on long term undercover missions for the Order. During that time, she found and trained several Jedi, including saba Sebatyne. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, she became one of the first Jedi victims of the voxyn.
- Deep Cover Agent: She specialized in going undercover in various criminal organizations.
- Improbable Age: A Jedi Master at 23 years old.
- Killed Off for Real: By a voxyn during the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- The Mentor: To Saba Sebatyne and Izal Waz, the latter of whom she found addicted to spice and helped him overcome it.
Kirana TiA female Dathomirian human, Kirana Ti was a member of the Singing Mountain Clan and one of Luke's original twelve students.
- Ascended Extra: In Courtship of Princess Leia, Kirana appeared in one battle scene, but got turned into an important character in the Jedi Academy Trilogy.
- Demoted to Extra: Hasn't been seen since The Unifying Force, with only a few mentions since then.
Lar Le'ungA male Pau'an, Lar Le'ung was one of several Jedi who were uncomfortable with the Order taking aggressive action during the Yuuzhan Vong War. Despite this, he participated in the evacuation of Rychel, where he was killed at the hands of Commander Tsalok.
- Laser Blade: Uses a yellow bladed lightsaber, which was recovered by Finn Galfridian after Le'ung's death.
- Technical Pacifist: While uneasy with the Jedi being aggressors against the Yuuzhan Vong, he has no problem taking part in the evacuation of a planet under attack by the invaders.
Markre MedjevA male human, Markre was a Jedi scholar during the Yuuzhan Vong War. By 44 ABY, he had become the Master of the Archives for the Jedi Temple.
- Ace Pilot: Participated in the defense of Zonama Sekot after bonding with seed-partners and having a living ship made for him.
StreenOne of Luke's twelve original students, Streen was an elderly gas miner on Bespin who sought isolation due to his inability to stop reading other peoples minds. He became one of the first Masters of the newly reformed Jedi Order.
Youngest child of Han and Leia, Anakin was viewed as the most powerful Knight in the New Jedi Order, and Luke considered him his most likely successor. He was a confident and cocky Jedi, but had the skills to survive in nearly any situation. He was killed halfway through the war against the Yuuzhan Vong while leading a strike team to destroy the Voxyn Queen.
- The Chosen One: Subverted: everyone In-Universe and the readers thought he had a special destiny, but in the end, he was just a powerful Jedi who died saving others.
- Chick Magnet: Near the end of his life, he had several women that were interested in him. He was only ever aware of Tahiri's interest and was confused why she seemed to dislike all the other female Jedi around their age.
- Code Name: His callsign in a fighter is "Little Brother".
- A Day in the Limelight: The Edge of Victory duology.
- Dead Guy Junior: Leia named him after her father hoping to redeem the name, but she later regretted it because she thought it placed a burden on Anakin to live up to that hope.
- Laser Blade: Used a purple bladed lightsaber, which he rebuilt with a lambent crystal while on Yavin 4 as a Yuuzhan Vong captive, which enabled him to sense the Yuuzhan Vong. It was taken by the Yuuzhan Vong as a trophy after his death, with Supreme Overlord Shimmra trying to use it against Luke during their duel in The Unifying Force. It was recovered after the battle and placed inside a tree in Chewbacca's home village on Kashyyyk, to be withdrawn by someone worthy when it was needed.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Tahiri.
- The Stoic: Before the New Jedi Order.
- Technopath: As a child, his talents with the Force were for intuitively understanding machinery.
- Useless Spleen: Averted: the initial wound he sustains on the Myrkr mission that ends up killing him is to his spleen.
Bazel WarvA Ramoan Jedi Knight who is best friends with the Horn siblings and Bothan Jedi Knight Yaqeel Saav'etu. He often serves as a guardian for Allana Solo until he is killed during the retaking of the Jedi Temple from the Lost Tribe.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Yaqeel and Allana.
- Laser Blade: Uses a green bladed lightsaber.
- Undying Loyalty: To his friends and the Jedi Order.
The only child of Luke and Mara. Formerly apprenticed to his cousin Jacen Solo, until he discovered that he had turned to the Dark Side. He finished his training under his father, and became the youngest Jedi Knight in the Order at fourteen years of age. After the Lost Tribe of the Sith emerged, Ben fell for Vestera Khai, a Sith apprentice, and sought to bring her to the light side of the Force, but failed.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Of the light side, possibly. See Balance Between Good and Evil below.
- Balance Between Good and Evil: According to a vision received by several Jedi in Apocalypse, it's his destiny to become the immortal "One", representing The Light Side in the galaxy, fighting a Forever War with Vestara, who would eternally represent The Dark Side. He pulls of a Screw Destiny instead, even convincing Vestara not to drink from the Fountain of Power and defeating Abeloth without it.
- Berserk Button: Insulting his parents will anger him greatly.
- Chick Magnet:Luke: And when someone asks you to talk to her among the Trees of Imminent Doom?Ben: I say yes, and close my eyes and pucker up for a big kiss.Luke: There, that's the Skywalker survival instinct at work.
- Dark is Not Evil: Just like his father, he wears with an all-black costume.
- Dating Catwoman: With Vestara.
- Dead Guy Junior: He was named after Obi-Wan Kenobi, whom Luke knew as Ben.
- Genius Bruiser: He's both a Jedi Knight and highly intelligent.
- Holy Hand Grenade: Uses an attack described like this, to punch a hole in Abeloth, in Apocalypse.
- Laser Blade: Used a blue bladed lightsaber.
- Oedipus Complex: Several fans see shades of this in his relationship with Vestara.
- Professional Killer: For one book, anyway; he has the skill, but not the temperament.
- Screw Destiny: He has torn down at least one prophecy about his future. Only time will tell.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Nearly all of his mannerisms and physical traits are inherited from Mara.
- Super Mode: He does this just long enough to launch a Kamehame Hadoken that is explicitly stated to be capable of destroying a capital ship. Except unlike what Jacen did, this form isn't described as 'impossible to achieve again'.
- Teen Genius: He was the youngest knight in the Order at fourteen...something not even his talented dead cousin could achieve.
A female Twi'lek, Daeshara'cor was raised by her mother, traveling the galaxy and learning tricks from fringe elements in dozens of spaceports. She was eventually discovered by Luke Skywalker, who brought her to the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4. After becoming a Jedi Knight, Daeshara'cor rescued two Force sensitive Twi'lek sisters, Numa and Alema Rar, from Ryloth. During the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, she briefly fell to the Dark Side when she learned of the Yuuzhan Vong's enslavement of captives, and she attempted to find and use a superweapon to destroy them. She perished during the Battle of Ithor.
- Fallen Hero: Briefly, but Luke and Anakin manage to redeem her.
- Laser Sword: Uses a scarlet bladed lightsaber.
- The Mentor: To Numa and Alema Rar.
- Parental Abandonment: Her father died in an accident and her mother died after being forced into slavery.
Daye Azur-JaminA human from Druckenwell, Daye served the Rebel Alliance after an Imperial Moff betrayed him and the weapons manufacturing plant he worked for, suffering grievous injuries that resulted in a cybernetic left eye, arm, and leg. Daye joined the reformed Jedi Order and married his lover, Tinian I'att, after the war against the Empire ended. He was briefly turned to the Dark Side by a mysterious Force-sensitive Yuuzhan Vong woman during the Yuuzhan Vong War, but he was redeemed by a group of Jedi and Galactic Alliance agents.
- Artificial Limbs: His left arm and leg.
- Eyepatch of Power: His electronic left eye looks like a mechanical version of this.
- Fallen Jedi: Briefly, but he was redeemed after the Yuuzhan Vong War.
Doran Sarkin-TainerA male human, Doran is the son of Wraith Squadron members Kell Tainer and Tyria Sarkin.
- The Apprentice: Was trained by his mother, Tyria.
- The Big Guy: Both in function and size: he's described as being the size of a dwarf Wookiee.
A human female Jedi Knight, Eryl grew up traveling the space lanes with her father, learning how to tell where in the galaxy she was with the Force. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, she joined the Jedi strike team that traveled to Myrkr. She was killed during the mission when a razor bug sliced her face in half.
- Action Girl: She is a capable Jedi Knight and survives repeated torture sessions at the hands of the Yuuzhan Vong.
- Deadpan Snarker: Mostly towards Raynar Thul.
- Ship Tease: With Raynar.
Finn GalfridianA human male, Finn was the prince of Artorias when it came under attack by the Yuuzhan Vong in 25 ABY. He was rescued by Master Luke Skywalker, who discovered his Force sensitivity and recruited him into the Jedi Order.
- Laser Blade: Luke gives him Master Lar Le'ung's yellow bladed lightsaber to use, which Finn had previously recovered after Le'ung was killed.
- The Protagonist: Of Invasion.
- "Before I got this scratch, it was easy to believe in my own invincibility. I was arrogant enough to think of myself as perfect. That's a trap Kyp, Wurth, Octa, and others in his cabal are falling into. They think that because they've not been hurt, they can't be hurt. That's not an illusion I harbor anymore."
- Badass Boast: One that has yet to be equaled in the EU:Nom Anor: There are thousands of warriors out here. You are only one man!Ganner: I am only one Jedi.Nom Anor: You're Insane!Ganner: No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
- Becoming the Mask: For most of his life, Ganner was a conflicted Glory Seeker, trying to fight his own "glory sickness" and being fearful of not living up to what he thinks he is supposed to be — a hero. It is not until the events of Traitor that he finally learns his lesson, with Jacen's help, and makes his choice: he accepts his role as a sidekick, buying time for what Jacen has to do. His You Shall Not Pass Dying Moment of Awesome is the direct result, earning his title of hero among the everyone in the galaxy, including the Yuuzhan Vong.
- Character Development: Goes from an arrogant glory seeker to a humble Jedi who sacrificed his life to save someone he didn't even like because he knew Jacen's survival would restore hope to the New Republic.
- Danger Sense: Averted, unlike most Jedi. According to Jacen, Ganner has the Danger Sense of a mynock and he walks into several traps during the series.
- Dissonant Laughter: During his Heroic Sacrifice.
- Dying Moment of Awesome: Regarded so by everyone in universe: the Yuuzhan Vong eventually elevate him to their pantheon of gods as the gatekeeper of the dead due to it, and the Jedi regard him as one of their greatest heroes.
- Glory Seeker: He got over it following his failure on Garqi against one Yuuzhan Vong warrior. He still struggled with the urge to try be a hero, but kept it in check for the most part.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Received a nasty one on the left side of his face when fighting a Yuuzhan Vong for the first time. He kept it to remind himself what his arrogance could cost him.
- Heroic Wannabe: He struggled to resist this, but before his Heroic Sacrifice, he realized that his need to play the hero could be one of his greatest strengths, and used it against the Yuuzhan Vong by tempting them into coming at him one at a time in honorable combat.
- Laser Blade: Used a yellow bladed lightsaber, which was destroyed by the Yuuzhan Vong when he was captured. During his Last Stand, he used Anakin's lightsaber, which Vergere had managed to get to Jacen, who passed it onto Ganner.
- Mind over Matter: He was an expert in using telekinesis.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Before he gets a reality check during his first duel with a Yuuzhan Vong.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After ridding himself of his arrogance.
- You Shall Not Pass: "I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
Izal WazA male Arcona, Izal was originally the apprentice of Kenth Hamner, but fell prey to his species easy addiction to salt dropping out of the Order. He was eventually found by Master Eelysa, who helped him learn to live with his addiction and continue his training as a Jedi.
- Cool Starship: The Sureshot, a YT-1300 like the Millennium Falcon, which he sacrificed during the Yuuzhan Vong War to help Han and Leia sneak onto Coruscant to trick assassins hired by Viqi Sheesh.
- Mr. Vice Guy: Sure, he may be an expert pilot and powerful Jedi Knight, but he's also a drug addict.
- "There be dragons..."
- The Atoner: Following his actions during the Battle of Centerpoint, in which he ordered a deck be spaced to quickly clear his strike team a path even though there were civilians inside. He takes a leave of absence from the Jedi Order to sort everything out.
- Back from the Dead: He gets killed by a One Sith agent at the end of Riptide, but his mind is taken in a Ratakan mind spear. Marr uses the mind spear to transfer Jaden's conscience into a clone of Jaden made by the One Sith that was to be used to infiltrate the Jedi Order. Marr does not tell him what happened, but Jaden can sense something is wrong with him once he wakes up and notices that several scars are missing.
- Bad Powers, Good People: In the game, the player can choose to use Dark Side powers, but still play a Lightsided character. In the novels, Force Lightning comes to him unbidden when he gets angry or scared, much to his concern.
- Classical Anti-Hero: Assailed by self-doubt and uncertainty, Jaden in Crosscurrent.
- loningBlues: C Twice over, even - in addition to the above under Back From The Dead, he started out as a clone created by Grand Admiral Thrawn. Who he was cloned from and for what purpose aren't explained.
- Dual Wielding: Averted: he has two lightsabers, but never uses them together.
- Fingore: He loses three fingers in a lightsaber duel during Crosscurrent.
- Gray Eyes: Represents the ideas above people part of this trope, although he later rejects that after his actions led to the deaths of civilians during the attack on Centerpoint Station.
- Laser Blade: He uses three different lightsabers: the first was a purple bladed one that he built in a dream-like state as a teenager on Coruscant and later gave to Marr. The second was a green bladed lightsaber he built to replace the purple one after losing it on Vjun, although he later recovered it. The third was the blade of a insane clone known as Alpha, who destroyed Jaden's second lightsaber. Jaden took the clone's unstable red bladed lightsaber and cleansed the crystal, turning the blade yellow.
- Parental Abandonment: Both his parents were killed in a speeder accident when he was a child, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Orn, who died when the Yuuzhan Vong invaded Coruscant.
- The Protagonist: Of Crosscurrent and Riptide.
- Sword and Gun: He uses both lightsabers and blasters in combat.
- Thousand-Yard Stare: Both Kheydan and Marr note he has one soon after they meet him in Crosscurrent, due to the trauma of his actions during the assault on Centerpoint Station.
Jovan DrarkA male Rodian, Drark joined the Jedi strike team to Myrkr during the Yuuzhan Vong War, serving as the team's sniper. He was killed when a Yuuzhan Vong warrior sliced his chest open with an amphistaff.
- Mind over Matter: Jovan was particularly skilled with using Force waves to clear paths, which came in handy in the biot rich environment the Myrkr strike team encountered.
- The Quiet One: The rest of the team notes that he's very quiet, and he only says a few words during his page time.
Jysella HornThe second child of Corran and Mirax Horn. In 43 ABY, she was one of several Jedi who fell under the mental control of Abeloth, but was eventually freed.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By Abeloth from Omen until Conviction.
- Brother-Sister Team: With Valin at several points in Fate of the Jedi.
- Dead Girl Junior: Named after Mirax's mother.
- Laser Blade: Uses a blue bladed lightsaber.
- Sealed Good in a Can: She was frozen in carbonite after going insane, but freed in Conviction.
Kani AsariA female human, Kani became acting Grand Master Kenth Hamner's apprentice shortly after he took office. She was murdered after she volunteered to try and negotiate with the Mandalorians laying siege to the Jedi Temple.
- The Apprentice: To Kenth Hamner.
- Girl Friday: To Hamner.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: A young sweet Jedi who doesn't even carry a lightsaber when negotiating with a Mandalorian. Which was a mistake.
Keyan FarlanderThe player character of X-Wing. A male human, Keyan was a fighter pilot in the Rebellion during the Galactic Civil War. He eventually became a Jedi Knight, but continued to serve as a fleet commander in the New Republic navy.
- Four-Star Badass: During the Yuuzhan Vong War.
Kolir Hu'lyaA female Bothan, Kolir participated in several missions during the Second Galactic Civil War, usually alongside fellow Jedi Knight Thann Mithric.
The nephew of Chewbacca, Lowbacca was discovered to be Force sensitive and sent to train at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Acadamy on Yavin 4, where he quickly became friends with the Solo children. Since then, he has proven to be one of the Jedi Order's best pilots and mechanics, serving on the frontlines of every galactic conflict alongside his friends.
- Code Name: His call sign in a fighter is "Streak".
- Demoted to Extra: His importance has decreased significantly since the Dark Nest Trilogy ended, with most of his appearances being very brief or mere mentions of him doing something offscreen.
- Genius Bruiser: A Wookiee computer genius.
- In-Series Nickname: Lowie.
- Laser Blade: Uses a bronze bladed lightsaber.
- Meaningful Name: In the Wookiee language in Shyriiwook, lowbacca means "dutiful friend".
MadurrinA female Anx, Madurrin was one of Luke's original twelve students. She is extremely skilled with Battle Meditation, and served in the New Republic and Galactic Alliance fleets during the Yuuzhan Vong War to utilize her talents.
- Advantage Ball: Her skill with Battle Meditation.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She hasn't appeared since The Unifying Force.
- "Life does not follow a predictable path. There is no way to capture the infinite variables involved."
- The Apprentice: To Jaden.
- Badass Bookworm: He manages to defeat the Iteration, a Sith trained clone of Jaden, with very little training.
- Good with Numbers: He is capable of calculating perfect hyperspace jumps with minimal aid from the nav-computer.
- Green Eyes
- I Did What I Had to Do: Putting Jaden's memories into the Iteration after they were absorbed into a Rakatan mind spear, as it was the only way he could think of to save Jaden's life.
- The Lancer: To Kheydan.
- Laser Blade: Uses a purple bladed lightsaber, which was Jaden's original lightsaber which he presented as a gift to his new apprentice.
- Noble Male, Roguish Male: The noble to Kheydan's roguish.
- The Apprentice: To Kyp Durron.
Natua WanA female Falleen, Natua was one of several Jedi afflicted by a madness created by the Dark Side Force being Abeloth. After recovering, she assisted Grand Master Luke Skywalker in researching ancient Sith worlds to find some trace of where Abeloth or her Lost Tribe of Sith allies might be hiding. She died on Upekzar at the hands of Vestera Khai, who wounded her to save Ben Skywalker from Rhak-skuri, which attacked and killed Natua when she became an easier target.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By Abeloth from Omen to Allies.
Nelani DinnA Human Jedi Knight from Lorrd, where she was stationed in 40 ABY. Having been trained in lightsaber dueling by Jacen Solo, she developed a crush on him and was eager to assist him and his apprentice Ben Skywalker when they arrived on Lorrd to investigate a mysterious artifact. Their investigation led to the Sith Lady Lumiya, who turned Jacen to the Dark Side of the Force, causing him to strike Nelani down.
- The Conscience: Tries to be one for Jacen when she notices how ruthless he can be when solving situations. She doesn't succeed.
- Hopeless Suitor: To Jacen.
- Laser Blade: Uses a yellow-white bladed lightsaber.
- What You Are in the Dark: She succeeds admirably in her refusal to violate her values by killing an innocent to save thousands and by trying to help Jacen pass his own What You Are in the Dark test. Too bad it gets her killed by him.
A human Jedi Knight descended from a family of Alderaanian merchants who attended the Jedi Acadamy alongside the Solo children. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Raynar ended up stranded in Killik space after two Sith hijacked his ship on a mission, becoming Unu Thul, the head of the Killik hive mind. The Sith manipulated him into starting a war of expansion and drawing his Jedi friends into the war, but he was eventually captured and redeemed by Grand Master Luke Skywalker, rejoining the Jedi Order during the fight against Abeloth and the Lost Tribe of Sith.
- Achievements in Ignorance: By Abyss Raynar has recovered enough from his joining with the Killiks to the point that he doesn't need to stay in the Jedi Temple's asylum anymore. He just didn't realize it without a little prodding.
- Badass Boast: In Backlash, towards a group of Mandalorians:"I am Jedi Thul. I have not fought for real in many years. I should be a push-over. Come get me."
- Brainwashed and Crazy: During the Dark Nest Trilogy.
- Break the Haughty: When introduced, he was an arrogant rich kid. Then he got embarrassed and mentally broken several times, and once he fully recovers, he becomes one of the humblest Jedi in the Order.
- Butt Monkey: In Young Jedi Knights, and to a lesser extent in the New Jedi Order.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Has some elements of being one after recovering from being part of a Killik hive mind.
- Code Name: His callsign in a fighter is "Merchantman".
- Facial Horror: The burns he suffered after crashing during the Yuuzhan Vong War are eventually repaired by plastic surgery, but his face is now scarred and looks like it's plastic.
- Laser Blade: Used a silver bladed lightsaber, which was lost when he crash landed in the Unknown Regions. As UnuThul, he used a golden bladed lightsaber, which Luke took from him after defeating him at the end of the Swarm War. It was returned to him after he recovered.
- Man on Fire: After crash landing on the Killik's planet, he caught on fire while rescuing Lomi and Welk from the crashed ship.
- Odd Friendship: With Wynn Dovan, Daala's Chief of Staff in Fate of the Jedi.
- Sheltered Aristocrat: In the Young Jedi Knights series.
- Took a Level in Badass: Several over the course of the saga. He even kept the ones he took while crazy.
A orphan who lived in Coruscant's Vongformed lower levels until Jacen Solo discovered her Force sensitivity and helped her enter the Jedi Order. In thanks, she supplied him information about things that happened in the Jedi Temple and carried out several tasks for him. When he fell to the Dark Side, Seha ceased assisting him and played a part in trying to bring about his downfall. After the war, she became the apprentice of Council Master Octa Ramis, and became a full Jedi Knight while participating in operations against the Lost Tribe of Sith.
- The Atoner: During the Second Galactic Civil War, due to the help she had given Jacen.
- The Apprentice: Octa Ramis' until she was promoted in Conviction.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She grew up in the Vongformed underworld of Coruscant as an orphan until Jacen rescued her.
- Heel Realization: When she discovered Jacen had gone to the Dark Side.
- The Mole: Served as Jacen's in the Jedi Order. Once she found out he had gone to the Dark Side, she stopped helping him and offered all the information she had to the Masters.
- Parental Abandonment: Both of them are dead: her mother died when Coruscant fell to the Yuuzhan Vong, and her father died during the occupation.
- Significant Anagram: "Seha Dorvald" is an anagram for "Sad Hard Love", fitting with what she goes through.
- Student and Master Team: With Octa Ramis.
- Unwitting Pawn: To Jacen.
Sothais SaarA Chev Jedi Knight who champions anti-slavery activity. He was one of several Jedi Knights who suffered from the Force Psychosis inflicted by Abeloth.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By Abeloth in Backlash and Allies.
- Born Into Slavery: It's hinted that he was a slave at some point in his life, which is why he is so dedicated to anti-slavery activities.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Saar almost immediately runs into Cilghal after he contracts Force psychosis. The duel lasted about five seconds before he gets knocked out.
- Good is Boring: His reports almost put lifelong bureaucrats and the Jedi Council to sleep.
- Laser Blade: Uses a blue-black bladed lightsaber.
- Nonuniform Uniform: He had his robes stylishly cut to contrast with the more conservative normal Jedi robes.
- "I know something about pain you don't. Pain drowns other people. I just swim in it."
- Aborted Arc: Anakin has a vision in Conquest of her as a half-Yuuzhan Vong Dark Messiah, and following the events of that book she pretty much has the "half-Yuuzhan Vong" part down, and it's pretty heavily hinted in The Final Prophecy that this is still a possible future. It never comes up again after that book, even when she goes dark, and her Yuuzhan Vong nature gets a few cursory mentions in Dark Nest before being dropped nearly altogether in Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi, despite being a very prominent aspect of her personality before that.
- Code Name: Her callsign in a fighter is "Toes".
- Corrupt the Cutie: Everyone tries to corrupt her for some purpose. The Yuuzhan Vong, the Killiks, Darth Caedus...
- Does Not Like Shoes: She is so well-known for this that her squadron adopted the name "Barefoot Squadron." Fittingly, her callsign is "Toes."
- The Dragon: To Darth Caedus.
- Enemy Within: Riina Kwaad during the late New Jedi Order.
- "Get out of Jail Free" Card: Technically, she's still under trial for the murder of Pellaeon.
- Laser Blade: Uses a blue bladed lightsaber.
- Love Makes You Evil: She joins Jacen because of Anakin's death. Specifically, because Jacen claims that he can bring Anakin back.
- Necromantic: See Love Makes You Evil.
- Odd Friendship: With Nen Yim in The Final Prophecy, made particularly odd because Nen was the assistant to the Mad Scientist who tried to turn Tahiri into a Yuuzhan Vong in the first place. Of course, since Tahiri's Vong personality was based on Nen Yim's own memories, there's a reason why they would connect with each other...
- Raised By Tusken Raiders
- Scars Are Forever: Numerous ones, including three prominent scars going in straight lines down her forehead, left behind by the process the Shapers used to install the Riina Kwaad personality.
- Split Personality: After the failed brainwashing in Conquest, leading to:
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Anakin.
- Too Kinky to Torture: After becoming half-Yuuzhan Vong mentally.
Tam Azur-JaminA human from Duro, Tam is the son of Daye and Tinian Azur-Jamin.
- Badass Bookworm: After the Yuuzhan Vong War, he wrote a detailed study entitled Droids, Technology and the Force: A Clash of Phenomena.
- Code Name: His call sign in a fighter is "Quiet".
- The Quiet One: So much so that his call sign in a fighter is "Quiet".
- Telepathy: Very skilled at reading others minds, although on the downside he has trouble keeping other peoples thoughts out of his head. This causes some uncomfortable moments when he flies alongside Luke and Mara and he overhears some thoughts he rather would not have.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Last mentioned in The Unseen Queen.
A Chadra-Fan Jedi Knight who served as Cilghal's apprentice. During the Yuuzhan Vong War, Tekli was a member of the Myrkr strike team, and helped in the search for Zonama Sekot. Afterwards she has primarily assisted Cilghal in running the Jedi Temple's medical facilities or providing medical support on missions.
- Laser Blade: Uses a green bladed lightsaber.
- Shrinking Violet: When first introduced.
- Support Party Member: She has very little skill in combat, and she prefers to remain on the sidelines and heal.
Tesar SebatyneA Barabel Jedi Knight, Tesar is the son of Saba and the hatchmate of Bela and Krasov. In Fate of the Jedi, he became the leader of a pack of Barabels who started a nest under the Jedi Temple.
- Blood Knight: As a Jedi, he struggles to keep this in check.
- Bizarre Alien Senses: Can see in infrared.
- Code Name: His callsign in a fighter is "Tail One". His hatchmates Bela and Krasov were "Tail Two" and "Tail Three".
- Hates Being Touched: Like his mom, it's a Barabel thing, but he hasn't gotten past it as much as she has.
- I Am A Sithitarian: Barabels have some odd eating habits, and have no taboo about eating the bodies of fallen enemies. When the Lost Tribe occupy the Jedi Temple, Tesar and his fellow Barabels kill and eat any of them who enter the underlevels.
- The Leader: Of the pack he starts in Fate of the Jedi.
- Papa Wolf: After he starts a nest in Fate of the Jedi.
- The Sneaky Guy: Due to his hunting skills, he was selected to be one of the Myrkr strike teams scouts. He proved to be the best one among the team.
- Sssssnake Talk
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: To a minor degree, like most Barabels.
- "I am an ethical Jedi. I only twist people's minds in the line of duty."
- Jedi Mind Trick: He has very powerful ones, since he can augment them with his Falleen pheromones.
- Off with His Head!: Courtesy of Darth Caedus.
- Rubber-Forehead Alien: He passes for a human in Betrayal by making his skin tone tan instead of green and wearing a cloak.
- Those Two Guys: With Kolir Hu'lya.
Tyria SarkinSee the X-Wing Series character page.
A female Bith, Ulaha was a gifted musician and strategist. She was a member of the Myrkr strike team, but was the first one to die after suffering a wound during the teams initial capture.
- Determinator: Even injured and facing repeated bouts of torture, Ulaha never broke and in fact killed the Voxyn being used to torture her after Anakin ordered her to admit that a hidden Jedi base existed.
- Good with Numbers: So good that she can determine the chances of success for a battle plan almost perfectly while taking into account multiple variables.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Having already been injured, Ulaha realized that she would just slow the strike team down and offered to pilot their captured Yuuzhan Vong ship away so the rest of the team could sneak onto the Yuuzhan Vong worldship. She nearly escaped, but several enemy ships caught up with her, so she blew up her vessel rather then get taken captive again.
- Sacrificial Lion: Her death established that no member of the Myrkr strike team was safe.
- The Strategist: Her gift with numbers and tactics made her one of the Jedi Order's best strategists during the early stages of the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Taking You with Me: Took out several Yuuzhan Vong vessels with her sacrifice.
Valin HornThe eldest child of Corran and Mirax Horn. In 43 ABY, he was one of several Jedi who fell under the mental control of Abeloth, but was eventually freed.
- The Beastmaster: He's extremely good at using the Force to control and influence animals.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By Abeloth from Outcast until Conviction.
- Brother-Sister Team: With Jysella at several points in Fate of the Jedi.
- Deadpan Snarker: Like father, like son.
- Dead Guy Junior: Named after Corran's father.
- Friend to All Living Things
- Sealed Good in a Can: He was frozen in carbonite after going insane, but was freed in Conviction.
WonetunA male Brubb, Wonetun was trained by Saba Sebatyne and joined her Wild Knights squadron during the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- Flies Like Crazy: He flies a blastboat like it’s a starfighter and sets its inertia compensator to 92%. This makes Danni Quee have to close her eyes during some maneuvers to keep them in their sockets.
A male human, Wurth was one of several Jedi to be a part of Kyp Durron's radical faction during the Yuuzhan Vong War. He died in Yuuzhan Vong captivity after deliberately being taken captive to try and disrupt Yuuzhan Vong slave operations.
- Big Ego, Hidden Depths: Gets broken down and shows his Hidden Depths in Hero's Trial, but unfortunately he doesn't survive to learn from his experiences.
- A Day in the Limelight: In Agents of Chaos II: Hero's Trial.
- Laser Blade: Used a red bladed lightsaber.
- Leeroy Jenkins: He had a tendency to act without thinking, charging into situations without looking at what could result from them. In Vector Prime, this involved him shooting down fighters and causing a major diplomatic incident that set back negotiations between two planets, and this same impulsiveness led to his death aboard a Yuuzhan Vong slave ship.
Yaqeel Saav'etuA female Bothan, Yaqeel is best friends with the Horn siblings and Ramoan Jedi Knight Bazel Warv, and one of several victims of Abeloth's mind control.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By Abeloth from Abyss until Allies.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: During the retaking of Coruscant from the Lost Tribe, Yaqeel spotted a man with a dark Force aura watching a battle between Jedi and Sith in a plaza. When she tried to take him into custody, he effortsly disarmed her and told her "not yet". Considering the heavy implication that the man was Darth Krayt, Yaqeel was lucky to survive.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Bazel.
- Laser Blade: Uses an amber bladed lightsaber.
YuledanA blue-skinned Jedi, Yuledan was captured by the Yuuzhan Vong early in their invasion of the galaxy and experimented on by the Master Shaper Ngame.
- Killed Off for Real: Ngame's experiments eventually kill him.
A orphan who befriended the Solo children on Coruscant, he was kidnapped by the Shadow Acadamy and trained to be a Dark Jedi. He eventually turned to the Lightside and briefly became a bounty hunter before joining the Jedi Order, and entered into a Love Triangle for Jaina's affections with Jagged Fel, which he eventually lost. He is now engaged to one of Tenal Ka's cousins, Taryn Zel, and continues to serve the Jedi Order as one of its most capable Jedi Knights.
- Code Name: His callsign in a fighter is "Bounty Hunter".
- Expy: See Sixth Ranger below.
- Good Counterpart: To Welk: both are former students of the Shadow Academy and have Only One Name, but Zekk becomes a Jedi while Welk joins the One Sith.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: With Jaina.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: As a Jedi, he is noted for his incredible will to resist temptation, and his refusal to consider any action that is even the tiniest bit morally grey.
- Laser Blade: Used a red bladed lightsaber when he was part of the Shadow Academy. After becoming a Jedi, he used a yellow-orange one.
- The Paragon Always Rebels: Against the Shadow Academy.
- Parental Abandonment: He came from the groundquake prone planet Ennth, and was evacuated from the planet when the groundquake season started, but his parents died after trying to save some of their possessions.
- The Power of Friendship: What Jaina uses to turn him back from the darkside.
- The Scrounger: As an orphan in Coruscant's undercity, he had to scavenge a lot of supplies and machinery to survive. According to Star By Star, he actually has a Force enhanced sense to determine the best way to find and use scraps to make repairs.
- Sixth Ranger: In many ways, he's an expy of Tommy Oliver. Orphan, check. The bad guys' champion, check. Heel–Face Turn, check. They even look similar.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: Implied with Jaina in Young Jedi Knights, they actually do date later.
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: When he and Jaina are part of the Killik hive mind in the Dark Nest Trilogy, Zekk shares her leftover feelings for Jag. Everyone is Squicked out by this.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: To Jaina, but he ends up engaged to a Hapan royal instead.
Mirax Terrik Horn
Corran Horn's wife, and a (former) smuggler who specialized in antiques.
- Like Brother and Sister: With Wedge, since Booster pretty much adopted him after his parents died.
- Mama Bear: She manages to knock out a Yaka captain, who's several feet taller than her and much more physically imposing, after finding he had hung her children who had been frozen in carbonite on his office wall.
- Kidnapped Scientist: In Vector Prime.
- Put on a Bus: To Zonama Sekot.
- Romantic False Lead: For Jacen.
Khedryn FaalKhedryn, a Human, was born aboard the remains of the Outbound Flight, and he became a smuggler and salvager after the survivors were discovered and rescued. He operated on the planet Fhost along the borders of the Unknown Regions with his partner Marr Idi-Shael, where they encountered Jedi Knight Jaden Korr and helped him on his mission to investigate a strange distress signal.
- Noble Male, Roguish Male: The roguish to Marr's noble.
Dyon StaddA human male, Dyon is a failed Jedi apprentice with a weak connection to the Force. He became a guide on Dathmori, and assisted Grand Master Luke Skywalke and his son Ben when they arrived on the planet chasing Sith Apprentice Vastari Khai. He fell prey to the Force madness spread by Abeloth, who took over his body, forcing Luke to kill him.
- Dual Wielding: Uses two blasters in combat.