Characters: Star Wars New Jedi Order And Legacy Eras Sith And Dark Jedi
For the main Star Wars Expanded Universe
character index, click here
. For the main New Jedi Order and Legacy era character page, click here
This page is for characters in the various Sith orders from the Star Wars Expanded Universe
series New Jedi Order
, Dark Nest Trilogy
, Legacy of the Force
, and Fate Of The Jedi
book series, as well as the standalone novels Millennium Falcon
, and Riptide. The comic series Star Wars: Legacy
has its own page
open/close all folders
Rule of Two Sith Lords
Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus
The twin of Jaina, Jacen was born after his sister. As he grew older, he became concerned with the direction of the Jedi Order, fearing that any aggression or even violent defensive action could send the whole Order to the Dark Side. He eventually decided that some evil had to be fought, and after being captured by the Yuuzhan Vong and tutored by Veregre, he developed a new philosophy in which how the Force was used did not matter, but the intent behind it. After helping end the Yuuzhan Vong War, Jacen went on a five year odyssey across the galaxy, training with numerous Force using groups. During this time, he had a vision of his unborn daughter Allana standing side-by-side with a "Dark Man" and ruling the galaxy. He set out to stop it anyway he could, eventually falling to the Dark Side and becoming Darth Caedus, taking over the Galactic Alliance in the process. He was killed by Jaina in a duel at the end of the Second Galactic Civil War, but had successfully altered the future of the galaxy, preventing Allana from falling to the Dark Side.
- All Amazons Want Hercules
- A Million is a Statistic: Interestingly, he is completely against this mindset, noting that it's pure arrogance to value one above many.
- Antagonistic Offspring: To his mom and dad post-Face Heel Turn.
- Being Tortured Makes You Evil
- Body Horror: The Embrace of Pain is by now more associated with him than the Yuuzhan Vong.
- Brother-Sister Team
- Big Bad: Of Legacy of the Force.
- Byronic Hero
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to Jaina's Abel.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dying as Yourself: He seems to revert to his pre-Sith personality and call out through the Force to his wife... in the second before Jaina kills him.
- Face Heel Turn
- Fan Nickname: JINO (Jacen In Name Only) when he goes to the dark side.
- Fallen Hero
- Friend to All Living Things: At least when he was younger.
- He Who Fights Monsters: From the Dark Nest books on.
- The Hero: In Young Jedi Knights
- Hypocrite: Despite calling out others about valuing their family above the galaxy, he values his daughter above everything.
- I Did What I Had to Do: To the core. Even admitting that his actions were evil, he refuses to apologize for them.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Does this to Ta'a Chume, who had a list of crimes a mile wide.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Dies in the middle of sending a warning to Tenel Ka.
- Knight Templar
- Love Makes You Evil
- The Messiah: Pre-Dark Side
- Laser Blade: Used a green bladed lightsaber for most of his life, until Luke and Ben took it from him after the duel on the Anakin Solo. He then forged a red bladed lightsaber to replace it.
- Mind Rape: Does this to Ta'a Chume and later Ben.
- Papa Wolf: Jacen's reason for turning to the Dark Side dealt with this trope: He was trying to prevent a future where his daughter Allana would either be enslaved or act as the right-hand woman to the Dark Man (strongly implied to be Darth Krayt) in the event that he succeeded in gaining the Throne of Balance instead of Allana.
- The Paragon Always Rebels
- Protagonist Journey to Villain
- Pungeon Master: In Young Jedi Knights.
- Rogue Protagonist: By Legacy of the Force.
- Star-Crossed Lovers: With Tenal Ka.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: After falling to the Dark Side.
- Thanatos Gambit / Zero Approval Gambit: As Darth Caedus.
- Treacherous Advisor / Broken Pedestal: To Ben Skywalker in Legacy of the Force.
- ‹bermensch: Completely rejects the Jedi and Sith codes, attempting to form his own unique combination of the two.
- The Usurper: Of the Chief of State's office.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
- What the Hell, Hero?: To himself, during Invincible, as he berates himself for having fallen into the same trap of pride that the other Sith did.
- Xanatos Roulette: Flow-walking is essentially a lampshading of this.
Considered by some to be the "proto-Mara Jade" (ie. redheaded/green-eyed Imperial assassin). Of course, her path didn't lead to as nearly a fulfilling life as Mara's.
A Sith Master, Lomi Plo and her apprentice Welk were captured by the Yuuzhan Vong early in the Yuuzhan Vong War. They were used to train Voxyn on the worldship over Myrkr, where a Jedi strike team found and freed them. They cooperated to destroy the Voxyn Queen, but Lomi and Welk took advantage of the team to steal a ship they found to escape, accidentally taking wounded Jedi Knight Raynar Thul with them. After crashing in the Unknown Regions, they were saved by the Killiks, and Lomi took over the species as the head of Gorog, the Dark Nest, and instituted a war of expansion against the Chiss and Galactic Alliance.
Lomi Plo's apprentice, Welk used to be a member of the Shadow Academy until its destruction. Joining the One Sith, he was captured alongside his master by the Yuuzhan Vong. After escaping Myrkr and crashing in the Unknown Regions, Welk became the Night Herald of the Dark Nest.
Darth Wyyrlok I
A Chagrian Sith Lord, Darth Wyyrlok served as Darth Krayt's intermediary while his master lay in stasis. Through their mental link, Wyyrlok would carry out Krayt's wishes and direct the actions of the One Sith and their agents throughout the galaxy.
A Force-sensitive Anzat assassin who serves the One Sith, Kell is searching for a Jedi to drink their "soup", believing that it will unlock the secrets of fate to him. He is dispatched by Darth Wyyrlok to investigate a Force vision Krayt had, leading him into a conflict with Jedi Knight Jaden Korr.
Nyss and Syll Nenn
Twin Umbaran assassins for the One Sith, they have the unique ability to negate other beings connection to the Force and shut down lightsabers. They are sent by Darth Wyyrlok to kill Jedi Knight Jaden Korr and use a Rakatan mind spear to place his memories in a One Sith controlled clone in order to create a sleeper agent in the Jedi Order.
Lost Tribe of The Sith
Sith Lady Vestara Khai
A Sith apprentice in the Lost Tribe, Vestara was identified as one of the most gifted apprentices of the Tribe by Ship when it arrived on Kesh, causing her to be taken as an apprentice by High Lady Olaris Rhea. She eventually was sent on a strike team to kill Luke and Ben Skywalker, but was captured by them and forced into an alliance to defeat Abeloth while also dealing with her attraction to Ben.
Sith Saber Gavar Khai
Vestera's father and a high ranking Sith Saber of the Lost Tribe.
- Artificial Limbs: He lost one of his forearms in a duel with Luke and had it replaced with a cybernetic arm. He was worried that with the Lost Tribe's obession for perfection it would get looked down upon, but decided that it was too strong and powerful not to have.
- Badass Longhair: He has hair that goes past his shoulders, which he normally ties back into a ponytail.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: By Abeloth, causing him to turn on the Lost Tribe.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
- The Dragon: To High Lord Sarasu Taalon and Abeloth.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Which surprises Luke. He married his wife because he loved her, despite her not having any ability with the Force. Once Abeloth corrupts him, he no longer cares for his family, taunting Vestera with her mother's death.
- Happily Married: He married his wife, Lahka, because he loved her, even though she was not Force sensitive. Hoever, after Abeloth starts messing with his head, he allies with her even after she destroys most of Tahv, killing Lahka.
- Killed Off for Real
Grand Lord Darish Vol
The current Grand Lord of the Lost Tribe of Sith, Darish Vol presides over the Tribe as it returns to the galaxy after being trapped on Kesh for 5000 years, directing the formation of a massive fleet to launch a suprise attack on the galaxy.
- Asskicking Equals Authority
- Badass Grandpa: He is in his 80's and still manages to hold onto the title of Grand Lord. He even manages to Mind Rape Abeloth in a mental duel.
- Big Bad Ensemble: With Abeloth. Unfortantly for him, Abeloth does not like sharing anything.
- Decapitation Presentation: Abeloth shows Vol's head to his Dragon to announce her takeover of the Lost Tribe.
- Even Evil Has Standards: In Ascension, he comes face to face with Abeloth's true form, recognizing her for what she is and the evil that she represents. Far from trying to take control of it or enslave it like the Sith had planned up until that point, he roundly rejects any chance of alliance in horror at how evil she truly is, culminating in a mental duel that results in Abeloth being wounded almost as badly as she was in her encounters with Luke Skywalker.
- Evil Counterpart: To Luke Skywalker.
- Evil Old Folks
- Oh Crap: When he realized how powerful Abeloth was and how much of a fool he was to think he could exploit her.
- Sorcerous Overlord
High Lord Sarasu Taalon
A Keshiri Sith Lord, and one of the seven High Lords of the Lost Tribe. Taalon was the commander of the fleet dispatched to deal with Abeloth and Luke Skywalker.
High Lord Ivaar Workan
High Lord Viun Gaalan
A Keshiri Sith Lord who was dispatched to Dathmori to capture the Nightsisters and learn all he could from them. Luke Skywalker attempted to stop him, but Gaalan managed to hold him off long enough to board a shuttle and escape.
Sith Lady Olaris Rhea
A powerful Sith Lady who took Vestera Khai as her apprentice. Rhea was selected to command the initial strike team dispatched to track Ship and kill the Skywalkers. She died dueling against Luke Skywalker on Sinkhole Station in the Maw.
Sith Master Yuvar Xal
Sith Saber Querdan Dei
A Lost Tribe assassin, Dei has no ambition other than to serve the Tribe and advance its interests. He is assigned to kill Tenal Ka Djo and determine the identity of the "Jedi Queen". He is killed by Leia while trying to kill Tenal Ka and Allana.
Sith Saber Tola Annax
A female Keshiri, Tola Annax served in the Sith fleet as one of its leading commanders. She battled against the Skywalkers on Nam Chorios and later split from the Lost Tribe to join Abeloth, who sacrifices her in a trap for the Jedi.
- Bad Boss: She sacrifices her minions to study the Skywalkers lightsaber skills and styles, and to wear them down for when she leads a large ambush against them.
- The Chessmaster
- Dark Action Girl
- The Dragon: To Gavar Khai.
- Karmic Death: Just as she sacrificed her minions against the Skywalkers, Abeloth sacrifices her in a plot against the Jedi.
- Why Am I Ticking?: Abeloth imbues her with explosive amounts of Dark Side power and leaves her stranded on Upekzar, knowing the Jedi were investigating Sith worlds. When they arrived, Annax exploded, causing groundquakes and a volcano to erupt.
Appentice Ahri Raas
A clone of Jedi Knight Jaden Korr, and the only clone created at the Imperial cloning facility on the Frozen Moon that does not suffer from madness and genetic defects.
- Gray Eyes: One of the ways that Jaden and Kheydan realize that he's a clone of Jaden.
- Only Sane Man
- Sole Survivor: He's the only clone to survive, alongside Grace.
- Token Good Teammate: Besides the children and Wry, who had been murdered years before the events of Riptide. A few of the other clones like Hunter are more neutral however.
A clone of Lumiya, Seer became the leader of the Community due to her ability to sense and communicate with Mother
A clone of Kam Solusar and the first clone created by the Imperials on the Frozen Moon. After slaughtering the Imperial staff at the facility, Alpha became the mate of Hunter and had two children, Blessing and Grace. When Jaden Korr arrived on the moon, Alpha fought him while the other clones captured Kell Douro's ship and escaped the moon.
A female Twi'lek, Alema and her twin sister Numa were supporters of Jedi Master Kyp Durron during the Yuuzhan Vong War, leading a resistance movement on the planet of New Plympto that eventually resulted in the planet being destroyed. While attempting to escape on a refugee vessel, Numa became the first victim of the Voxyn, and her death planted a seed of darkness inside Alema that would grow throughout the war and beyond. During the Swarm War, Alema fell under the sway of the Dark Nest and betrayed the Jedi Order, becoming the Night Herald of Lomi Plo. Over the course of the war final battles, she became maimed by Luke and Leia, losing usage of her left arm, half her right lekku, half of one of her feet, and numerous scars when a beast tried to eat her on Tenupe. After escaping Tenupe, Alema became obsessed with punishing Leia for her wounds and the destruction of the Dark Nest, mostly by attempting to kill Han and assisting Lumiya in turning Jacen to the Dark Side. The Jedi formed a task force consisting of Jagged Fel and her former comrades Jaina Solo and Zekk to hunt her down, culminating in her death at the hands of Jag in the hidden asteroid base of Darth Vectivus.
- Anti-Hero: She slowly fell down the scale before eventually making a Face Heel Turn.
- Arch-Enemy: To Leia and Jagged Fel.
- Ax Crazy
- Blue-Skinned Space Babe
- Born Into Slavery: She and her sister were rescued by Jedi Knight Daeshara'cor. Her death at the Battle of Ithor is what began Alema's descent into the Dark Side.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Covered with Scars
- Dark Action Girl
- Deadpan Snarker: Before her Face Heel Turn.
- The Dragon: To both Lomi Plo and Lumiya.
- Face Heel Turn
- Fallen Hero
- Famous Last Words: Not "words" so much, as she sent them telepathicly to Jag.
"Remember. Remember us as we used to be, before the universe turned against us. Young, beautiful, strong, brave, admirable, loved, loving..."
- Insane Troll Logic: She still thinks like a Killik in Legacy of the Force, so this comes into play a lot.
- Killed Off for Real: By Jag in Fury.
- Laser Blade: Used a silver bladed lightsaber as her original weapon. Luke took it from after she fell to the Dark Side, and she crafted a new one that had a blade that was so blue that it looked black.
- Ms. Fanservice: She always wore clothes two sizes too small for her. Even after she got maimed.
- Mutilation Conga: Played for Drama. Her reasons for vengence against Leia actually invoke sympathy from Lumiya.
"She took our lekku, and so we can't communicate fully with others. She caused the destruction of our nest, too. And she took what attracted others to us, our beauty. We're lonely, and we can never touch the world properly again."
- Neck Snap
- Rasputinian Death: Appears to suffer one in the Dark Nest Trilogy, but survives.
- Really Gets Around: Before her maiming in the Dark Nest Trilogy. She even tried making a pass at Lando, who was married.
- Sanity Slippage
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Life was not kind to her to say the least.
Lord Nyax/ Irek Ismaren
- A God Am I: Well, abstract concepts like "god" are probably beyond him, but he certainly considers himself the most superior being in the universe.
- Arc Villain: He's arguably the main antagonist of the Enemy Lines duology, but doesn't survive it and has pretty much nothing to do with the Myth Arc of the New Jedi Order.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: He's got lightsabers attached to his arms... and his hands... and his legs...
- Emotion Bomb: He can overwhelm anyone who comes near him with negative emotions. It's enough to break the wills of most muggles and force them to serve him, and can seriously give pause even to a Jedi Master.
- Humanoid Abomination
- Large and in Charge: Roughly ten feet tall, thanks to experiments his Mad Scientist mother performed on him.
- Psychopathic Man Child
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Or in a stasis chamber on Coruscant. When the Vong took the planet and cut the power, it set him loose.
- Self-Made Orphan: Killed his own mother. Of course, he didn't exactly recognize her anyone when he did it...
- Took a Level in Badass: As Irek, he was a supporting villain in Children of the Jedi. Then in Enemy Lines he came back as this thing...
- Unskilled, but Strong: His higher brain functions are pretty much nil, but even on pure instinct he's a monstrously powerful Force-user and a capable of annhilating approx. twenty Yuuzhan Vong warriors with minimal effort.
- The Voiceless: Again, with next to no higher brain functions, he's completel non-vocal. He communicates through crude Force-based telepathy.
- Was Once a Man
A former member of the Old Jedi Order, Dray fell to the Dark Side at some point and suffered brain damage after being shot in the head. After having visions of the coming Yuuzhan Vong invasion, Dray came to beleive that Jedi Apprentice Finn Galfridian would play a key role in the war and attempted to make him his apprentice, until Finn discovered that Dray had fallen to the Dark Side.