Our main character. A backwoods squid, inbred to the point of blacking out, and has a temper ready to go off at the slightest provocation.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To any female he fancies, but mostly Glenn's Wife.
- Abusive Parents: Shooting Rusty, stabbing him, punching him, using his skin on a taxidermy model...yeah.
- Ax-Crazy: He's one crazy violent hillbilly.
- Comedic Sociopath: Abusive psycho, yes. But damn if it ain't hilarious.
- Couch Gag: His hats
- Cloud Cuckoolander: A combination of being a backwoods idiot, chemical and alcohol consumption of inhuman levels, and several decades in prison has left him with a...unique mindset.
- Expy: He's basically the character of Unknown Hinson in Cephalopod form.
- Hair Today Gone Tomorrow: Had a pretty wicked mane before going to jail.
- Jerkass: Oh, big time.
- Karma Houdini: Usually, he does suffer for what he does occasionally and he has been arrested many, many times, but the sheriff lets him out just as often, this pretty much applies to every criminal in Dougal County.
- Knife Nut: His usual weapon of choice, when not sporting his shotgun.
- Malaproper: His speechanating consistafies of addifying extra verbatages on the end of his wordamating.
- Nice Hat: A seemingly endless collection of them.
- Sawn Off Shotgun: His favored Weapon of Choice.
- Too Dumb to Live: Several episodes end with his death.
- Trigger Happy: His trigger finger is perpetually itchy.
- Villain Protagonist: Pretty much.
- Yandere: For Krystal.
Ruby Jean "Granny" Cuyler
Early and Lil's mom (Or grandmother, as no one is really sure, not even her). A perverted, senile old squid with a walker.
Voiced by: Dana Snyder
Early's dimwitted, but more well meaning and kindhearted son.
Voiced by: Daniel McDevitt
Early's frequently passed out, meth making(And meth using) sister.
Voiced by: Patricia French
- Demoted to Extra: Courtesy of being passed out almost every episode.
- Really Gets Around: Not as much as Krystal, but she still gets around. In "Green and Sober" alone, she does Ellis(Three times) the guitar player of the band, a mans wife, and a pervert from the Reverends addict group.
- The Smart Guy: By Cuyler standards, anyway. She's the only one smart enough to know how to run the meth lab.
- The Voiceless: Has largely become this.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: According to Early, "She ain't wore a shirt since 89".
The rather hapless, useless, and frequently killed
lawman of Dougal County.
Voiced by: Charles Naiper(Episodes 1-8) Bobby Ellerbee(Episode 9-)
A tiny, malformed Sheriff clone, and basically the Sheriff's right hand man.
Voiced by: Dave Willis
- Number Two: To whatever Sheriff clone is currently in service.
CEO of Dan Halen Sheetrock International. An evil little bugger, who can get away with just about any evil thing he wants.
Voiced by: Todd Hanson
A monstrously fat, monstrously ugly, and monstrously skanky freeloader, who lives in the local junkyard.
Voiced by: Mary Kraft
Gaga Pee Pap "Twelve Gun" Cuyler.
Early and Lil's freewheeling, criminal grandfather(Or father). Apparently raised the both of them before running off to who knows where.
Voiced by: Jesco White
of the Cuyler clan. Got a GED, and ran off to the big city, marrying a white woman.
Early's perpetually uninterested and abused coworker.
Voiced by: Dave Willis
- Dull Surprise: Even when he's getting his ass whipped.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: According to Early, anyway. What with his frequent lusting after his wife.
- Vocal Evolution: Had a much higher voice in early episodes, compared to the deep baritone he developed later.
A gap toothed, more sane minded redneck girl, and Rusty's first girlfriend. Also the mother of his son, Macho Man Randy Cuyler.
Voiced by: Elizabeth Cook
- Closer to Earth: Compared to...damn near everyone else in Dougal County, she's got a level head on her shoulders.
- Incest Is Relative: Finds out a little late that she and Rusty share the same mother.