- Actor Allusion: Gaga Pee Pap is a mountain dancer, like VA Jesco White.
- Adored by the Network: Adult Swim really goes out of its way to promote the show to no end, notable in its bumps, going as far a criticizing us if we don't watch it.
- Cross-Dressing Voices: Granny is voiced by the male Dana Snyder (the same one who plays Master Shake on Aqua Teen Hunger Force).
- Hey, It's That Voice!: His fans might recognize Early's voice as that of the self-proclaimed "King of Country-Western Troubadours". Also, the voice of God is Larry Munson, the announcer for the Georgia Bulldogs. During the show in which Early is a talk show radio host, the voice doing the bumpers is the voice doing the bumpers of the local talk radio station in Atlanta, WSB. Early's dad in none other than the Dancin' Outlaw, Jesco White.
- Early's self-aware gps is one of the mooninites.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: Sort of. Rusty's girlfriend was originally a fan-character created by a friend of the show's lead animator, who loved her and tried to get her on the show. A lot of behind-the-scenes politics meant it couldn't happen, so they compromised by creating a vaguely similar character in Tammy.
- The Other Darrin: Charles Napier was the voice of the Sheriff in the first nine episodes, being replaced by Bobby Ellerbee afterwards.
- Write What You Know: Both of the shows creators Dave Willis and Jim Fortier grew up in the south, and base a large chunk of the humor off their experiences there.
- Write Who You Know: The creators have stated that when writing for Early, whenever he's making a decision they'll just have him do what one of their childhood friends would do...which isn't very flattering.