open/close all folders
Ousai Academy Student Council
Voiced by: Shintaro AsanumaThe main character, a first-year transferee to Ousai, an erstwhile all-girls high school which has recently turned co-ed, because it's close to his neighborhood, only to be dragged into the position of Student Council Vice-President and representative for the nascent male student body.He was a first year when the series started, but later went up to second year.
- Accidental Pervert: Whenever Shino or Aria catch him in unfortunate situations. The anime-only "Squid and Takatoshi" segments are built entirely around this. note
- Beware the Nice Ones: Capable of quite the intimidating glare when the girls go too far. It helps that such moments are some of the rare occasions his normally ignored stature is invoked.
- Bishounen: He is kinda nice looking at times, though very exaggerated for laughs in some Imagine Spots.
- Book Dumb: Defied. His grade is nothing spectacular, but the other members of the Student Council eventually help him to get more respectful grades.
- Celibate Hero: Certified by Shino in Chapter 50, after finding his room does not smell like semen.
- Chick Magnet: Has gathered an Unwanted Harem and is noted to be attractive even by background female characters.
- Covert Pervert: Not as bad as the girls he gets surrounded with, but he still has his moments. This is evident in the end of Chapter 102, where he says "Hey, you'll get me excited" when Shino asks to spank his butt since she can't clap her hands while holding something. He's also sometimes agreed with or didn't deny when the girls have called him a masochist.
- Later chapters have gags based on how even he is not immune to Aria's boobs, often finding his gaze drawn to them or, in one case, having to slump to hide his Raging Stiffie after she leaned into him from behind. note
- Deadpan Snarker: Pretty much 90% of the tsukkomi in the series (remember that it is a yonkoma where the punchline is often a tsukkomi) is from him, making him a highly prolific snarker almost rivaling Kyon in terms of snark frequency.
- Gentle Giant: He's quite tall, and not just next to Suzu.
- Hidden Depths: He has decent storytelling chops, if the couple of gags featuring them is anything to go by.
- Innocent Innuendo: When he and Mori-san (the Vice-President of Eiryou High School) are together, they get along so well that it actually frightens the other girls who are interested in him. It doesn't help that they are prone to saying things that can really be taken the wrong way. Her second appearance has Mori returning a key to him, but her wording makes it sound like she's inviting him to spend the night at her house. Another chapter has Mori beg Takatoshi to keep the fact he walked in on her changing in his living room (she thought it was Uomi's house) a secret, but their response to a question about what they were talking about simply made people more suspicious.
- Innocently Insensitive: His Oblivious to Love aspect sometimes makes him come off as this. For example, Mutsumi once tried to ask him out to dinner, using his help as Judo club manager as an excuse. He turned her down, saying he was helping for the sake of helping, not for a reward. He is then puzzled as to why Mutsumi was so dejected.
- Nice Guy: He's usually willing to help out wherever possible. This is a major reason so many girls are attracted to him.
- Noodle Incident: Whatever it was that he wrote in the school paper was enough to bring anyone who read it to tears. We never find out the contents of his essay, especially since the images shown while Shino and the others read it (something about a cat, a sailor, and a woman) had nothing to do with the actual essay's content. (Much to his frustrated bafflement.)
- Oblivious to Love: Doesn't seem to be aware of the feelings of the girls attracted to him (particularly Shino) — with the exception of Yokoshima-sensei whose "love" is pretty much an open desire to have her way with him. Uomi calls him the Flag Crusher because of this.
- The One Guy: At least in a major role.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Suzu, on account of both of them being first-years and paragons of sanity in the Student Council.
- Straight Man: He's the one who keeps the other Shino, Aria and Kotomi in check, and usually provides Deadpan Snarker responses to them.
- Student Council Vice-President: While nowhere near as perfect as Shino is, he's grown into the role and is respected by staff and students for it. Yokoshima-sensei observes during a PTA meeting that Takatoshi is known to put all his effort into his duties as Vice-President. Shino has also made it clear that he will inherit her position when she graduates (considering that no-one ever wants the job).
- Twice Shy: He does seem at least a little attracted to Shino, but due to her perverse nature, and especially the bad publicity it would cause thanks to Ranko Hata (and who has spread a rumor they were already dating), he never makes a move on her.
- Umbrella of Togetherness: With Shino in the fourth episode of the anime.
- Unwanted Harem: Shino, Mitsuba, Yokoshima-sensei, Suzu, Uomi, and possibly Nene. There's also quite a bit of Ship Tease with Aria, less but still present teasing with Kaede, and Kotomi would be even more forward if she wasn't his sibling.
- In addition, Hata reveals that he's very popular among the female students and it's only the fact most people think he and Shino are secretly dating that keeps them from approaching him.
Voiced by: Yoko HikasaCurrent Student Council President of Ousai Academy. On the surface she's the image of the straight-A student — serious, diligent and talented with most subjects. Behind that, however, she's quite the pervert.
- A-Cup Angst: While she's definitely larger than A-Cup, she still wishes that she was bustier. This leads to situations where she takes sly digs at Aria (mentally or verbally, though mostly the former) or vice-versa. Her sly digs also find a new target in Uomi, after Shino found out that Uomi actually has sizable boobs.
- The Ace: She's the top student of Ousai, is quite athletic, and it's occasionally shown that she is the go-to person for school related issues for which she always has good advice (Mitsuba, for example). Well, her perverted response is interpreted otherwise, anyway.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: Inverted. Shino is obviously interested in Tsuda and has no problem saying extremely perverted things around him. However, whenever Tsuda actually says something perverted (or when she thinks he's saying something perverted) directed at her, she gets extremely flustered. It is implied that on some occasions, she deliberately acts perverted towards Tsuda to cover her real feelings for him.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: While she never openly shows this attitude towards Takatoshi, the show strongly hints that she wouldn't take it well if he does date anyone else.
- At one point in season 2 she asks if he has a girlfriend, and when he replies that he doesn't, she seems relieved and quietly mentions that she wouldn't know what to do if he did.
- In episode 6 of season 2, she invites him to a fancy restaurant after becoming a pop idol. She then sees another woman approach him, despite having reserved the entire restaurant. He then introduces her to Shino as his girlfriend, who looks just like her, and is quite disturbed by that. In this example, it turns out she was just having a dream of what would have happened if she became an idol. However, it's likely she would still be quite upset at him if he does date anyone other than her.
- In episode 9, one of Uomi's relatives marries one of Takatoshi's relatives, making them related by marriage. As a result, Uomi asks him to call her "onee-chan" (big sister), and she refers to him as "Taka-kun". When he tells Shino this, she makes a pouty face and grumbles. When Aria asks her why she looks upset all of a sudden, she claims it's because she had food in her mouth.
- In episode 13 of season 2, she shows up at Takatoshi's house to drop off some food for him and Kotomi after hearing that their parents weren't going to be home that night. She's startled by Uomi being there as well, and insists on staying to make some more food too. And after Takatoshi says they should get going after dinner, Uomi assumed she was going to spend the night there. Shino, who was going to head home, then also immediately changes her mind and stays as well.
- Even the Girls Want Her: She has her female fans within the school.
- Expy: Of Shiho from Idol No Akahon by the same mangaka. The difference is that Shino is a couple of years older and where Shiho uses an even mixture of intentional sexual talk and Freudian Slips, Shino is all-intentional all the time. It gets lampshaded when they meet in Shino's dream.
- From the Mouths of Babes: As revealed in flashbacks, she's always had her mind in the gutter. In elementary school, she asked the student teacher if she was a virgin.
- Green-Eyed Monster: She gets clearly jealous when Uomi uses her newfound closeness as Takatoshi's in-law to start aggressively flirting with him.
- Groin Attack: With her dolphin, she (accidentally) hit a man on the crotch in the Beach Episode.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Aria.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: How she won the Judo match (watching Boys' Love turned out to be useful for her...)
- Informed Ability: Her high grades. Downplayed in the anime when she is shown to be the top of her grade.
- The Insomniac: A downplayed Type A. She couldn't sleep before the Sports Festival due to being too excited, and again with the Cultural Festival.
- Large Ham: She can get this way at times, especially if it involves cracking a joke at Takatoshi's expense.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Nearly impossible for her to say something, or see something, without sexual innuendo.
- Malaproper: She'll occasionally blurt out really obscene things that sound similar to more innocuous phrases, such as saying kinbaku (rope bondage) when she's talking about the Kinkaku temple. Given her personality, it's difficult to tell if she does it on purpose.
- Otaku: Sex maniac aside, Shino has been shown to have an Otaku level of admiration for history and historical sites from the Class Trip episodes.
- School Idol: Is likened to one, though it doesn't particularly affect the plot.
- Second Year Protagonist: In the beginning, but moves up to Third Year in the OVAs and S2.
- Snark Ball: Particularly, when she's around Yokoshima-sensei or Hata.
- Squee!: Her exact reaction to the Kinkaku.
- Student Council President: Complete with Red Armband of Leadership.
- Teru Teru Bozu: She hangs one so that it doesn't rain the day before the pool opening day... and later turns it upside down when she learns that Hata will be taking pictures of her in a swimsuit.
- Tsundere: Though less belligerent than most cases, it becomes more and more apparent as the story develops and she starts falling for Takatoshi. Officially lampshaded as of Chapter 177, in Dejima's head about the cast.
- Twice Shy: She has a crush on Takatoshi, but due partly to her perverted nature, and the bad publicity it would cause thanks to Ranko Hata (who has already spread rumors she was dating him already), she never openly admits her feelings to him.
- Uke: When Mitsuba mentions that the Judo Club is practicing Ukemi, Shino asks where the Seme is.Shino: If there's an Uke, then there should be a Seme!
- Umbrella of Togetherness: With Tsuda in the fourth episode of the anime.
- Why Did It Have to Be Heights or Insects?: She doesn't do well with either.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: On the outside at least.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Which eventually helps her win a Judo competition.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair has a purple sheen in the anime.
Voiced by: Satomi SatoShino's best friend and Student Council Secretary. Despite her affluent upbringing, she tends to follow her friend's mental processes.
- The Ace: Not as prominently as Shino, but Aria is second only to her when it comes to grades, appears to be generally considered the more beautiful of the two, is a master calligrapher, and later revealed to have been a tennis player on the national level during junior high, before her breasts grew so big playing became painful. She's also probably the most outright perverted character in the series (while others, particularly Shino, occasionally make references to more mainstream fetishes like whipping, Aria regularly takes them all to the realm of the utterly twisted and bizarre), but whether that's an achievement for her to be proud of is a matter of opinion...
- Beware the Nice Ones: Despite her Perpetual Smiler exterior, please remember she's an S type, among many other things.
- Among other things, in chapter 188 when they practice tennis, she uses showing Tsuda how properly hold racket as an excuse to hug him from behind - and to try to use her strap-on on his behind.
- Brains and Bondage: And happy to play both the S and M sides too.
- Butt Monkey: A mild example. She keeps getting accidentally fondled, inappropriately touched, or somesuch. Considering it's Aria, her reaction is typically arousal.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Spaced out at the bottom of the staircase before realizing that it wasn't an escalator, stood in front of the Student Council room thinking the doors were automatic sliding ones before Takatoshi asked her what she was doing, and actually thought her chest suddenly became lighter, when what actually happened was that she had bumped into Suzu.
- Deadpan Snarker: Always smiles, but she gets especially cheery when she's making a dark or perverted joke (especially if it's a dig at someone else).
- The Ditz
- Fiction 500: Mansion with grounds large enough to get lost on? Check. Room in said mansion that's entirely gold? Check. Privately owned mountain? Check.
- Gag Boobs: It's pretty much her defining trait. Literally, as they're the subject of numerous gags. Chapter 261 of the manga implies she's an H cupnote .
- Gainaxing: Given that she's the bustiest of the bunch.
- Genius Ditz
- Going Commando: She nearly never wears undies, and on outings she often misses a piece of outerwear or two. Apparently her family doesn't wear clothing at home.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Shino.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Unlike Shino, she's into more kinky kinds of sex.
- Love Epiphany: In Chapters 277-278, Takatoshi picks her as his romantic partner as part of a drama they were roped into. He explains his reasoning (he can't pick Shino due to Hata's rumors, and picking Suzu would be awkward as they're classmates) but he fails to notice Aria blushing, and since then her behaviour has noticeably changed, now getting jealous right alongside Shino and Suzu rather than treating him as a plaything like before.
- Mundane Object Amazement: What's Aria's special dinner? Ramen!
- Out-of-Character Moment: Aria has this tendency to start saying something perfectly decent... only to end the sentence in outrageously lewd manner with a straight face. The rare exceptions tend to shock everyone who had time to get used to her antics.
- The Ojou
- Perpetual Smiler: Even when talking about BDSM play. Even while crying over Tsuda's story!
- Second Year Protagonist: Like Shino, she was this in the beginning but moved up a grade in the middle.
- Sexy Secretary: To Shino.
- Ship Tease: In addition to some early ones with Shino, she gets them with Tsuda, especially in later chapters.
- She blushes when Tsuda "confesses to her" after he was told to adlib final scene of drama where his character picks which adoptive sister he loves. Shino and Suzu were not amused, but he had good excuse: He picked Aria, since she was least likely to cause gossip, as he hadn't raised any flags with her... Until now. In the past, she would just crack a joke at his expense.
- In chapter 297 she gets Tsuda to accidentally agree to be her temporary butler. She uses this as an excuse to get him to clean her ears (which has romantic connotations in Japan), play games together and read her a bed-time story, something her regular butler is revealed to have never actually done for her. She also doesn't mind when he accidentally walks in on her in the sauna.
- In Ch. 343-344 she ropes the rest of the group into being her servants. Tsuda is the one who is the more personal, such as reading to her with Aria on his lap. In Ch.344 she can't sleep and it ends with Tsuda cooling her with a fan... while she thinks to herself that she still can't sleep and wonders why her heart is beating so fast.
- Spoiled Sweet: While incredibly wealthy, she doesn't flaunt her wealth (purposely). She's also quite happy to share her good fortune with her friends, even once treating the entire Judo Club to dinner.
- Stupid Sexy Friend: As mentioned in his Covert Pervert entry, even Takatoshi sometimes can't resist looking at her boobs or once getting a Raging Stiffie from having them accidentally pushed onto his back.
- Too Kinky to Torture: The fact she didn't complain about the entire chastity belt thing should be obvious enough to say she is also into masochism. Gets into new heights in chapter 77, when she administered an enema at school... Given what this series is, it's definitively not for medical purposes.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: If her perversions can be ignored, she would be a classical example of this.
- Yandere: Occasionally:
- Tsuda tells the girls to keep their watchful eyes at a distance while he works on his article. Aria then suggests that they do the staring like creepy stalkers from a partially-opened door, which creeps the living daylights out of Tsuda.
- She does it again in Chapter 157.
- Yaoi Fangirl: It's mentioned that she likes yaoi magazines and novels.
Voiced by: Sayuri YahagiA first-year genius returning student and Student Council Treasurer. Despite being the more mentally mature girl of the main cast, she has a huge complex regarding her short stature. She's also somewhat superstitious, being terrified of ghosts.
- A-Cup Angst: Combined with being short, having the body of a little girl is a constant source of frustration for Suzu. She even has a dream sequence (used as a gag at one point) about hitting a growth spurt and becoming tall and busty.
- Berserk Button: Go ahead, call her a "little kid". She will cuss you out liberally in whatever language you referred to her as "little".
- Cannot Spit It Out: She does show signs of liking Takatoshi, but never acts on it much, aside from getting jealous when other girls try to get close to him, such as Uomi.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: She gets tipsy just from the smell of alcohol. Partially justified due to how small she is.
- Catch Phrase: "And if I told you I'm a returning genius with an IQ of 180 who can speak 7 languages and make 10 digit calculations in my sleep, would you still say that I look like a little girl?!" (This is, of course, usually replied to with a "Yes.")
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Like Shino, she is less than pleased when Uomi starts becoming closer to Takatoshi, such as the first half of episode 13/season 2.
- Cuteness Proximity: This happens to her anytime Uomi is around, who simply can't resist hugging her.
- Funbag Airbag: When she bumps into Aria due to her size.
- Girlish Pigtails: Emphasizing her naivety.
- Gratuitous English: When she points the way to the station to a foreigner in the first few episodes, including a barrage of expletives when she was called "little girl".
- Height Angst: Her short stature happens to be her Berserk Button and occasional trigger; she actively avoids doing things that would remind herself of her physique.
- Hypocritical Humor: Suzu, who despises being called a child because of her height, occasionally can't help but do things a child would do, such as building sandcastles and taking afternoon naps.
- Insufferable Genius: On occasion.
- The Napoleon: She absolutely hates her short height, and the jokes others make because of it.
- Not So Above It All: In later chapters, she shows craftiness at keeping close to Tsuda's side, such as having him give her a piggyback ride to purportedly fix his hands-in-pockets habit.
- Suzu spends the entirety of chapter 281 mad at Tsuda because he didn't notice he touched Suzu's breasts (for context, he was catching her from a fall).
- Older Than They Look: Often mistaken for a child.
- Olive Garden: Completely subverted. One strip reveals that the country she returned to Japan from is Italy, but despite apparently having grown up there and lived there for quite a few years, she shows absolutely no stereotypical signs of Italian-ness. Fridge Brilliance when you realize that this could be interpreted as the reason why, in the anime, her English is grammatically correct but so badly accented...
- Only Sane Woman: Of the main trio of girls. Granted that's not saying much but still...
- Platonic Life Partners: With Takatoshi, on account of both of them being first-years and paragons of sanity in the Student Council.
- As mentioned above in entries above, however, Suzu is increasingly hoping their relationship takes a romantic turn.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: She can do painful roundhouse kicks and outrun people twice her size.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Just omit the "short" part.
- Straight Man: Tends to take over when Tsuda is absent. Later on in the OVA, she joins him.
- Teen Genius: Has an IQ of 180.
- Tsundere: Aria refers to her as one. She even somehow convinces her to give the stereotypical 'It's not like I made these specially for you, it's just an obligation' type line... but Tsuda doesn't understand tsunderes, so he just gets depressed.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Anything horror related. She even claimed that she didn't see a haunted house because she is too short.
- Wise Beyond Her Years
- Your Size May Vary: Her shortness tends to change depending on how much exaggeration of it is needed for a given joke. For comparison, her height generally seems to be between crotch to lower chest on Takatoshi.
Other Ousai Academy Students
Voiced by: Asami ShimodaTakatoshi's younger sister and a third-year junior-high student (and later a first-year at Ousai). Generally a sweet, caring girl, but also in possession a mindset that'd make Shino proud.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Her perversions get on Takatoshi's nerves often. It only gets worse when he discovers she's been telling people details about him like his sexual interests, or when she photoshopped his head onto a Brazillian carnival dancer as her self-study project, and put it on display.
- Asleep in Class: Seems to have this problem, if her "New Year's resolution" of stopping that in Chapter 68 is of any indication.
- Big Brother Attraction: She likes invoking Brother-Sister Incest (especially in the yonkoma), Season 1, Episode 12 has her admitting that she had an incestuous dream, and a strip in the yonkoma also mentions that she and Tsuda sometimes get mistaken for a couple, which she plays up. When her friend notes that it's sometimes hard to believe they're related because of their very different personalities in Chapter 43, Kotomi gets excited and interprets the comment as a possibility that they might be Not Blood Siblings. She also has no problem taking her clothes off in front of her brother◊ and once proudly mentioned to the other girls that he's also "impressive down there", which has him wondering as to when the hell she managed to sneak a peek. In the fourth OVA she becomes very, very pleased when Shino points out that she and Takatoshi being alone for the weekend while their parents are on a trip sounds like the setting of an eroge.
- Book Dumb: Even more so than Takatoshi—she probably wouldn't have gotten into Ousai at all had she not been interviewed by Yokoshima.
- Catch Phrase: Cowgirl! note (Usually said out of nowhere.)
- Covert Pervert: Initially. Later she's as openly perverted as Shino.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: She once issued a dojo challenge to Mitsuba. This in no way implies any martial arts ability.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Invokes this herself for her own amusement.
- The Ditz: Really lacking in the intellectual department.
- Expy: Unbelievable as it may seem, she's actually a less perverted expy of the titular sister from another of the author's previous manga, Imouto Wa Shishunki.
- Fanservice Pack: In the second season she gets noticeably larger breasts which are sometimes used for gags. Justified in that she's going through puberty.
- Gamer Chick: Seems to fall into this occasionally.
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails: For her naivety.
- Ms. Imagination: In Chapter 271, she actually attempted to established a club for "armoured fighting," because she found the armoured characters in video games cool. This is lampshaded in S2E10 in Dejima's imagination, seeing her as a "chuuni JK".
- Nice Girl: For all her perversions, she is a genuinely nice girl. Pity her values system is so screwed up.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Toki's blue.
Voiced by: Satomi AraiPresident of the Newspaper Club, who spends most of her time taking pictures of the Student Council.
- Blatant Lies: She totally doesn't own all the camera equipment they found during the school trip to Kyoto.
- Camera Fiend: She embodies the trope so well that she's the page image.
- Catch Phrase: "This will sell!"
- She also says "Shutter Chance!" whenever she sees a potential hot scoop (usually involving the student council).
- And she normally says "Hata here, from the newspaper club." when she enters a room.
- Crazy-Prepared — She brought a souped up digital camera, zoom lens, pan lens, and a bunch of other lenses, about a dozen bags of other equipment, a sound collector, a TV camera, and a motion capture camera, just to get a scoop of Shino during their trip to Kyoto. It was revealed that after Aria deleted the pictures that the identity card in the camera is a decoy.
- She also carries a small bag containing an umbrella, a waterproof jacket, some food rations and a bottle for urinating. She takes her job really seriously.
- Creepy Monotone: ...Which sets her apart from the other, hyperactive girls.
- That said, she sometimes engages in a bit of mad laughter when something particularly amuses her, as seen during the Squid and Takatoshi segments of the second anime.
- Deadpan Snarker: She can make these sorts of comments at times towards the student council.
- As an example, when the student council find a photo album, they try to find out who owns it by looking through the photos. When they find a cutting board labelled "President and Hagimura-san", they immediately realise whose book it is. Shino immediately decides to have a word with her.
- Emotionless Girl: Subverted. While she has many of the iconic qualities of one (blank stare, monotone voice, generally creepy attitude) Hata is clearly fully capable of experiencing (and often exhibits, sometimes to great extremes) as great a variety of emotions as the other characters. She's just terrible at expressing them. When asked to smile, she does so by taping the sides of her mouth to her cheeks.
- Hot Scoop
- Large Ham: A rather strange example as she carries the qualities of an Emotionless Girl, but is perfectly capable of being hammy.
- Loophole Abuse: As per their agreement, she kept her mouth shut about finding Shino and Takatoshi spending the night together in an inn. She simply showed the disciplinary committee the pictures she took.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Hata setting up a camera tripod with high-intensity zoom like a sniper rifle.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She tends to get uncomfortably close to other people, particularly when interviewing them.
- Non-Standard Character Design: She is definitely the only one missing a visible nose in the entire cast and is the only one without glossy eyes. She also frequently lacks a mouth and is rendered as a chibi more often.
- The Noseless: While she has one in profile, she's normally shown without one when viewed from the front.
- Not So Above It All: Is not above acting flirty with Takatoshi to get what she wants. She was also unusually embarrassed when Takatoshi hinted he was interested in her (he was actually saying he always keeps an eye on her due to her tendency to twist words in her hunt for scoops).
- Offscreen Teleportation: Sometimes engages in this. The finest example was when the student council were watching her, and when they turned to leave she was standing right behind them. Suzu and Takatoshi scream in horror.
- Twisting the Words: One of the things she likes doing is altering whatever statements she hears (usually from Takatoshi) to make it sound more perverted. It's apparently her belief as a member of the mass media.
- Only in It for the Money: As her catch phrase would illustrate.
- Perpetual Frowner - The only time she ever smiles is with the assistance of two pieces of tape.
- School Newspaper News Hound
- Shipper on Deck: For Takatoshi/Shino in the later strips, and she spreads the rumor about them being together for the sake of a juicy, scandalous story.
- However, she is more than happy to take advantage of any situation that crops up. For example, when Uomi publicly addresses Takatoshi as "Taka-kun" (her pet nickname for him), she's right there with the rest of the school, eagerly watching. When Mori-san is introduced, she quickly picks up on how easily the two get along and keeps an eye on them.
- Stalker Without A Crush: She follows the student council around (especially Shino and Tsuda) only to get an interesting scoop.
- Verbal Tic: "Shutter Chance!" (before taking a shot)
Voiced by: Chiaki OmigawaPresident of the Judo Club and classmate of Takatoshi, with whom she has some feelings.
- Aborted Declaration of Love: Seventh OVA. Complete with Last-Second Word Swap.—"I really love...making sweets."
- Action Girl: Second dan black belt in Judo and is generally competent in that. In her first appearance she stated that she originally wanted it to be a Muay Thai club but chose judo as it would attract more members.
- Alliterative Name
- Big Eater: Justified for being an action girl. A strip in Chapter 232 discussed that; she kept her tournament food expenses low by... fulfilling "big eater challenges" at restaurants. Yet, she's hardly fat, she burns it all off quickly.
- Bodyguard Crush: When Hata mentions that Takatoshi is being targeted (romantically), Mutsumi misunderstands and declares herself Takatoshi's bodyguard.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Really likes Takatoshi, but never clarifies... much to Chiri's consternation.
- Cloudcuckoolander: For her near lack of sexual knowledge.
- Club President: Of Ousai's judo team.
- Covert Pervert: Not even she's immune to it. In one gag, she's just returned from judo practice and is sweating profusely when Takatoshi asks her for help hanging something on the wall, requiring her to get close to him. When she blushes and says that she can't because she's covered in sweat, Takatoshi says he doesn't mind. Her eyes instantly light up and she excitedly asks "Is that your fetish?!"
- Cute Bruiser: She can wipe the floor with virtually any other character in the series (barring perhaps her teacher Daimon-sensei). This sometimes causes her some angst, however, as she sometimes wonders if she should be more frail and girlish.
- Does Not Know Her Own Strength: Inadvertently paralyses Tsuda when she hits a vital spot when playfully poking him.
- The Ingenue: Well, most of the time. Any advice Shino gives her contains sexual innuendo, but she always takes them literally. She's so pure that when she says her dream is to be a bride, the radiance blinds everyone present.
- Innocent Innuendo: Is especially prone to this. Among other things, she once asked Takatoshi if she could hold on to him "down there" (she wanted to hold on to the back of his shirt during a courage test), turned over a porn mag she confiscated from her Judo Club members with a hearty, "Please accept this!" and invited the Student Council to join the Judo Club for a trip to a skating rink by saying, "Would you like to go out tomorrow?" to Takatoshi.
- Nice Girl: Stands out as one of the few female students with little or no perversions.
- Oblivious to Love: She clearly likes Takatoshi, and even feels sad or jealous when she sees him getting along with other girls, but she still hasn't figured out just _what_ she's feeling.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: While acting as Takatoshi's bodyguard, the two walk home together under the cherry trees the way a couple would.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Chiri's tomboy, at least in terms of attitude.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Her goal.
Voiced by: Yukika TeramotoMutsumi's tomboyish friend and another member of the Judo Club.
- Boyish Short Hair
- Covert Pervert: Mutsumi finds her and the other girls flipping through a porn magazine in Chapter 318.
- Satellite Character: She really only appears when Mitsuba and the rest of the Judo club does.
- Shipper on Deck: For Tsuda and Mitsuba, along with the rest of the Judo Club. She often tries to hint to Mitsuba what it is she's feeling but it never quite gets through.
- Straight Man: Made apparent in the fourth OVA Festival Episode.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Mutsumi's girly girl, at least in terms of attitude.
Voiced by: Emiri KatouThe high-strung, androphobic head of the Disciplinary Committee as well as head of the Choir Club.
- Covert Pervert: For all her prudishness, she immediately mistakes a perfectly innocent discussion on sleeping posture in chapter 120 as proof that the student council knows each other's sleeping postures because they have slept together. Shino and Aria call her out on this.
- In chapter 199, she misinterprets assurance that Tsuda didn't slept next to the girls on their trip, as him having sex with them all night round.
- Does Not Like Men: Unlike most examples of this trope, it's played entirely for laughs.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Hope Spot: Played for comedy. In the last episode, Tsuda catches her by the hand with no negative reactions. While the student council celebrates the breakthrough, it's soon revealed that Kaede has only gotten used to Tsuda.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Several strips have her struggling with how far she should push the school's no-dating rules, not wanting to be seen as too unreasonable.
- When faced with the school's no. 1 couple cuddling and Shino molesting Aria's breasts, she judges that the latter is far, far worse and goes to deal with it first.
- Ship Tease: Later chapters where she's gotten more used to Takatoshi's presence will also sometimes tease a possible infatuation with him. The uber example would be Episode 12 of Season 2, where Takatoshi saves her from falling down the stairs and it's revealed she's alright with physical contact with him. Shino and Suzu are wary of the development.
- Unusually, both Takatoshi and Kaede seem aware of this in-universe. Takatoshi, for example, quickly realises how it looks when Kaede blushes and runs away squealing, "I talked to him!" Chapters 305 and 324 has punchlines where Kaede belated realises her actions make it look like she is interested in Takatoshi, or make them look like a couple.
- A newer (and even more shippy) moment occurs in Chapter 364, where Takatoshi accidentally gets adhesive on his hand. A worried Kaede grabs his hand, and as a result they're stuck together. They spend the rest of the chapter holding hands awkwardly while trying to keep it secret (though it inevitably gets out). Takatoshi tries to apologise for what he assumes to be a traumatic memory, but Kaede assures him she didn't find the experience all that bad.
- Kaede and Takatoshi actually do get along quite well whenever Kaede's "hates men" tendencies don't get in the way. Takatoshi genuinely respects and admires her (though he also finds her a bit of a drama queen).
- Sour Prudes: Much of her dislike of those breaking the school's "no dating" rules come from her own insecurities.
- Straight Man: One of the few sane people and during the second year in season two trip she panics after realizing that both Takatoshi and Suzu are gone leaving her alone to deal with Shino, Aria and Kotomi.
- Tsundere: At the end of Chapter 364, Kaede reacts this way towards Takatoshi, telling him that being stuck to him wasn't completely bad.
Voiced by: Hekiru ShiinaSuzu's friend and member of the Robot Research Club for the purpose of more stimulation.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Although only for improving her orgasms.
- She is, however, genuinely talented. Her robot dog, for example, is quite lifelike in its movements.
- Horny Scientist: A rare female example, she's portrayed in a continuous state of arousal given the fact that she seem to always have a dildo sticking up her nether regions, although she hides it well.
- In later chapters, she doesn't even bother hiding it and freely admits whenever she has something in there. Which is almost all the time.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Takatoshi is impressed when he sees her during a robot competition, as she is totally focused and in control.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Her Robot Research Club is more sex toys development than actual robot research. And she is the principal test subject!
- Robosexual: Uses her membership in the Robot Research Club as an excuse to create various vibrators. She has also expressed the desire to eventually build a sexbot of some sort.
Voiced by: Miho HinoKotomi's first friend at Ousai Academy. Has the look of a delinquent, but isn't much of one. She later joins the Judo Club after being defeated by Mutsumi in a match.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Her actual defining characteristic.
- Delinquent: Subverted. She looks the part, certainly, but she's considerate of other people and has been shown to actually put effort into her studies (unlike Kotomi).
- Deadpan Snarker: She's arguably the only one of the cast who comes close to Takatoshi's level.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Joins the Judo club after losing to Mutsumi.
- Face of a Thug: She's actually more of a Cute Clumsy Girl.
- Lady Looks Like a Dude: With her height, sharp eyes and surly attitude, one can easily imagine her passing as a boy with the right clothing.
- No Sense of Direction: As a result, she's always late when she plans to visit the Tsuda household. It also results in her getting lost more often than not, even during jogs with the rest of the Judo Club.
- Not So Different: From Takatoshi.
- Only One Name
- Only Sane Girl: One of only two female characters without any perverted thoughts thus far in the series.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Kotomi's red.
- Satellite Character: She's the only character who hasn't interacted with Takatoshi one-to-one, as she normally appears alongside Kotomi or the Judo Club. And even as a member of the Judo Club, Takatoshi is normally speaking to Mutsumi.
- Stealth Pun: She's a rebel without a sense of direction.
- Straight Man: One of the few sane people in the series
- You Are in Command Now: When Mutsumi and the Second Year students go on their school trip in Season 2, Toki is put in charge of the Judo Club.
Nao and YoshiA pair of high school sweethearts mostly used as a setup for gags.
- The Ditz: Chapter 347 describes them as "Ousai's first idiot couple".
- The term "Bakaple" is actually a reference to them being Sickening Sweethearts. That said, the Student Council isn't sure how to respond when Nao tells them she wants to confess her feelings to Yoshi. They can only (internally) blurt out, "You're only doing that now?!"
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: The Student Council find it odd to find them arguing in one strip. They quickly make up, though...by making out.
- Sickening Sweethearts: Officially that couple.
- Satellite Character: Their purpose in the manga is essentially to be scolded by Kaede for flirting, then have Shino disagree and encourage them to take it up to adult levels.
Other Ousai Academy-related characters
Voiced by: Yuu KobayashiA teacher and advisor of the Student Council. Otherwise, she spends more time chasing younger men (including her male students, but especially Takatoshi) than actually teaching.
- Christmas Cake
- Creepy Aunt: See Shotacon below. Although, as far as we know, her nephew is oblivious.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: If chapter 372 is any indication, she'll even do it in the middle of teaching.
- Gratuitous English: She's Ousai's English teacher though the only time we see her teaching it, she's reading nonsensical Engrish (from an erotic novel naturally).
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Hidden Depths: Sometimes she shows that she genuinely yearns for romantic love (Chapter 154), marriage and a family (Chapter 167).
- Hot Teacher
- Large Ham
- Lecherous Licking: Licks her lips when she's in the mood, or has sexual thoughts.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: When Suzu gets lost during the second year school trip, she takes charge and issues orders to the others.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: And she's the alpha female in a school full of perverse girls.
- Mrs. Robinson
- No Respect Guy: Thanks to her perversions.
- Odd Friendship: With Koyama-sensei. Both of them hang out together for drinks and bond over being Christmas Cakes, but she drives Koyama to her wits' end with her dirty mouth and perversions.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: She acts like a normal teacher whenever she's ill, which disturbs the main characters a lot.
- Shotacon: At several points, she's shown interest in her nephew (who's in elementary school).
- It's apparently common knowledge that she's into younger guys.
- Woman Child: To the point where Shino wonders why she's suddenly decided to act like a teacher after they finish cleaning out the abandoned room. Her voice even becomes extremely childish at times.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Reads the yaoi genre mags she confiscated with lots of squee.
Voiced by: Fumi HiranoOusai alumni and Shino's predecessor as president of the Student Council.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Her most prominent characteristic. Being Shino's predecessor, she's at most two years older than her. Yet she uses Japanese slang from The Eighties completely unironically and even her Fanservice is old fashioned.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts like one to the current Student Council. Takatoshi and Suzu are both fond of her, since she's nowhere near as zany as Shino or Aria.
- Drop-In Character: Occasionally drops in to see her old school and friends, sometimes inviting them to university functions.
- Hotter and Sexier: Compared to her Ousai Academy days, she's more glamorous and stylish. Which makes sense, as she no longer has to wear a uniform or is restricted by school rules concerning hair colour, jewellery or makeup.
- Hopeless with Tech: Even worse than Shino. She's so bad with technology that she uses a pocket abacus instead of a calculator.
- Pun: Her entire characterisation is built around the joke that another term for an alumni is "old girl/boy".
Eiryou High School Student Council
Voiced by: Chiwa SaitoShino's counterpart from Eiryou High School. Makes her debut in the 4th OVA.
- Drop-In Character: Being from another school, the other characters sometimes wonder why she keeps showing up in Chapter 135. Later chapters reveal that she's become such a normal sight, no one bats an eye when she pops up anymore.
- Following the marriage of their relatives, she's also a Drop-In Character at the Tsuda household. In fact, Takatoshi sometimes complains about her showing up unexpectedly. She even keeps a change of clothes in their house, and apparently has her own key.
- Expy: In-universe, of Shino, at least initially. Later appearances establish that she has quirks of her own and that she's more aggressive in trying to get close to Takatoshi.
- First-Name Basis: In Season 2, Episode 9, the relatives of Uomi and the Tsudas get married. She then starts calling Takatoshi "Taka-kun" and has him and Kotomi call her "Onee-chan," much to her obvious delight.
- Everyone Can See It: Hata reveals to Mutsumi that Uomi is rumoured to be romantically interested in Takatoshi (and considering how she acts towards him, no one can blame people for thinking so).
- Hidden Buxom: Her breasts seem around Shino's size but are actually much, much larger — much to Shino's jealousy.
- In-Series Nickname: Womi.
- Only One Name: We're not told whether Uomi is her first or last name. She claims in an extra chapter that her first name is Christina, but whether she was being serious is questionable.
- Pretty Freeloaders: Later in the yonkoma she eventually uses her "we're relatives now" excuse to not only drop by Takatoshi's house frequently but also stay over. To the point that she even keeps some clothes in his home.
- Running Gag: She has an obsession with hugging Suzu just so she can feel if she's wearing a bra or not, much to the latter's annoyance.
- Shipper on Deck: Initially seems this way for Takatoshi/Shino, but she later expresses interest in and goes after him herself.
- Shrinking Violet: According to her, she started as this, and still has the looks for this trope.
- Student Council President: Of Eiryou High School.
- The Tease: Probably the most active one out of all the female characters. Unlike the others who largely sidestep the issue or just bury their feelings, such as Shino, Uomi makes it more obvious she's interested in Takatoshi. Unfortunately, due to the influence/saturation of being around the other perverted girls, her hints tend to fly over his head.
Voiced by: Sumire UesakaEiryou High School's Student Council Vice-President, making her Takatoshi's counterpart. Makes her debut in the 11th book as well as the 13th Seitokai Yakuindomo Bleep OVA.
- Birds of a Feather: A big part of the reason she and Takatoshi get along so well.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: In-universe example, as the girls interested in Takatoshi are horrified to see how easily the two of them get along.
- Hidden Buxom: Not even close. Unlike Uomi, who's ample chest is hidden under her uniform, Mori is notiably well endowed.
- Innocent Innuendo: She and Takatoshi seem to be prone to doing this when they're together. In Chapter 304, she responds to Hata's question on her impression of Takatoshi with, "I feel at ease with him," which Takatoshi reciprocates (to the surprise of everyone present). Later still in Chapter 320, the two respond to Kotomi's question about what they were discussing with, "It's a secret between us two." For the record, Mori was asking Takatoshi to keep quiet about her changing in his living room (due to thinking it was Uomi's house).
- In Chapter 372, Uomi has injured her hand, so she asks Mori to make lunch for Takatoshi and Kotomi. Unfortunately, Mori chooses to deliver the bento to Takatoshi while he's greeting students at the gate, making it look like she came all the way to Ousai to give Takatoshi a hand-made lunch.
- In the same chapter, Takatoshi thanks her for the lunch and assures her if was delicious. Mori brushes off the compliment, but Aria and Shino reveal she's clearly blushing.
- In Chapter 372, Uomi has injured her hand, so she asks Mori to make lunch for Takatoshi and Kotomi. Unfortunately, Mori chooses to deliver the bento to Takatoshi while he's greeting students at the gate, making it look like she came all the way to Ousai to give Takatoshi a hand-made lunch.
- Not So Above It All: In Chapter 364 Takatoshi and Kaede get their hands stuck together, making it look like they're holding hands. When their secret gets out during a meeting with the Eiryou Student Council, Mori teases them about the situation, prompting Kaede to protest.
- Only Sane Girl: As Tsuda's counterpart at Eiryou she naturally fills this role. Also one of only two female characters without any perverted thoughts thus far in the series.
- Power Trio: With Uomi and the third, unnamed member of the Eiryou Student Council.
- Ship Tease: She receives quite a bit of it despite only making a few appearances so far. This is deliberate, as the author gleefully invited readers to "look forward to their future friendship".
Voiced by: Mutsumi TamuraAria's personal maid with some rather weird fetishes.
- The Ace: There is seemingly nothing she can't do.
- The Comically Serious
- Depraved Bisexual: If it has anything to do with sex, chances are she's into it or has already done it.
- Fetish: For anything Aria has touched or worn, from her clothes to her chastity belt to her underwear.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: To the Shichijo family. Dejima seems to have skills and knowledge in just about any situation that comes up. For example, she's certified to advise people on what plants are safe to eat in the mountains, is a trained lifeguard and is able to drive a modified limousine (that has been reinforced with ceramic plates and bulletproof glass) fairly easily.
- Lovable Sex Maniac
- Up to Eleven: Even Aria, who is one of more perverted school-age characters, and interacts with Dejima most, is occasionally at loss for her blatant behavior. When in chapter 390 Aria invites her to drink tea together sometime, Dejima puts extra straw in Aria's glass, and helps herself. Aria responds with expressionless silence.
- Meido: For Aria.
- Overprotective Maid: Forces Aria to wear a chastity belt. Considering Aria often goes to school without underwear, she seems to have given up on it.
- Supreme Chef
Voiced by: Yoko Hikasa (Shihoshi Idashi), Satomi Sato (Karuna Kisaragi) and Sayuri Yahagi (Yuuri Arina)A popular idol group. Characters from the author's previous work Idol No Akahon.
- Expy: Shihoshi for Shino, Karuna for Aria and Yuuri for Suzu. Shihoshi is prone to mispronouncing words or making Freudian slips (unlike Shino's deliberate wordplay), Karuna is what Aria would be like if she was more serious (or at least less obsessed with sex), and Yuuri is what Suzu would be like if her age matched her appearance.
Voiced by: Miyu MatsukiSuzu's doting mother, who is unfortunately just as sex-obsessed as most of the other characters (much to Suzu's embarrassment and horror).
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: When she heard the door open and close, she assumed it was her husband and offered a meal, a bath, or her. She then laughed and admitted the first two choices would wind up as the third anyway (a meal = naked sushi, a bath = bubble play). A pity it was Suzu, Shino and Aria who'd walked in...
- In one of the OVAs, Suzu unexpectedly meets her in a park while walking their dog Boa. Suzu is surprised to see her, since she just saw her at home, to which her mother replies she and her father just had outdoor sex. Suzu considers moving out.
- Author Existence Failure: Her seiyuu Miyu Matsuki suddenly and tragically passed away in October 2015.
- Shipper on Deck: When she walks in on Suzu leaning over Takatoshi (she'd fallen off a chair she was standing on), she can't help but squeal in delight.