Characters: Seitokai Yakuindomo
open/close all folders
Ousai Academy Student Council
The main character, a first-year transferee to Ousai, an erstwhile all-girls high school which has recently turned co-ed, because it's close to his neighborhood, only to be dragged into the position of Student Council Vice-President and representative for the nascent male student body.
- Accidental Pervert: Whenever Shino or Aria catch him in unfortunate situations. The anime-only "Squid and Takatoshi" segments are built entirely around this.note
- Beware the Nice Ones: Capable of quite the intimidating glare when the girls go too far. It helps that such moments are some of the rare occasions his normally ignored stature is invoked.
- Book Dumb: Defied. His grade is nothing spectacular, but the other members of the Student Council eventually help him to get more respectful grades.
- Celibate Hero: Certified by Shino in Chapter 50, after finding his room does not smell like semen.
- Chick Magnet: Has gathered an Unwanted Harem and is noted to be attractive even by background female characters.
- Covert Pervert: Not as bad as the girls he gets surrounded with, but he still has his moments. This is evident in the end of Chapter 102, where he says "Hey, you'll get me excited" when Shino asks to spank his butt since she can't clap her hands while holding something. He's also sometimes agreed with or didn't deny when the girls have called him a masochist.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most of the time.
- Meta Guy
- Nice Guy: He's usually willing to help out wherever possible.
- Noodle Incident: Whatever it was that he wrote in their school paper was enough to bring anyone who read it to tears. We never find out the contents of his essay, especially since the images shown while Shino and the others read it (something about a cat, a sailor, and a woman) had nothing to do with the actual essay's content. (Much to his frustrated bafflement.)
- Oblivious to Love: Doesn't seem to be aware of the feelings of the girls attracted to him (particularly Shino) — with the exception of Yokoshima-sensei whose "love" is pretty much an open desire to have her way with him. Uomi calls him the Flag Crusher because of this.
- The One Guy: At least in a major role.
- Only Sane and Straight Man: He's the one who keeps the other student council members in check, and usually provides Deadpan Snarker responses to them.
- Platonic Life Partners: With Suzu, on account of both of them being first-years and paragons of sanity in the Student Council.
- Twice Shy: He does seem at least a little attracted to Shino, but due to her perverse nature, and especially the bad publicity it would cause thanks to Ranko Hata (and who has spread a rumor they were already dating), he never makes a move on her.
- Student Council Vice-President
- Umbrella of Togetherness: With Shino in the fourth episode of the anime.
- Unwanted Harem: Shino, Mitsuba, Yokoshima-sensei, Suzu, Uomi, and possibly Nene. There's also quite a bit of Ship Tease with Aria, less but still present teasing with Kaede, and Kotomi would be even more forward if she wasn't his sibling.
Current Student Council President of Ousai Academy. On the surface she's the image of the straight-A student — serious, diligent and talented with most subjects. Behind that, however, she's quite the pervert.
Shino's best friend and Student Council Secretary. Despite her affluent upbringing, she tends to follow her friend's mental processes.
- The Ace: Not as prominently as Shino, but Aria is second only to her when it comes to grades, appears to be generally considered the more beautiful of the two, is a master calligrapher, and later revealed to have been a tennis player on the national level during junior high, before her breasts grew so big playing became painful. She's also probably the most outright perverted character in the series (while others, particularly Shino, occasionally make references to more mainstream fetishes like whipping, Aria regularly takes them all to the realm of the utterly twisted and bizarre), but whether that's an achievement for her to be proud of is a matter of opinion...
- Beware the Nice Ones: Despite her Perpetual Smiler exterior, please remember she's an S type, among many other things.
- Among other things, in chapter 188 when they practice tennis, she uses showing Tsuda how properly hold racket as an excuse to hug him from behind - and to try to use her strap-on on his behind.
- Brains and Bondage: And happy to play both the S and M sides too.
- Butt Monkey: A mild example. She keeps getting accidentally fondled, inappropriately touched, or somesuch. Considering it's Aria, her reaction is typically arousal.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Spaced out at the bottom of the staircase before realizing that it wasn't an escalator, stood in front of the Student Council room thinking the doors were automatic sliding ones before Takatoshi asked her what she was doing, and actually thought her chest suddenly became lighter, when what actually happened was that she had bumped into Suzu.
- Deadpan Snarker: Always smiles, but she gets especially cheery when she's making a dark or perverted joke (especially if it's a dig at someone else).
- The Ditz
- Gainaxing: Given that she's the bustiest of the bunch.
- Genius Ditz
- Going Commando: She nearly never wears undies, and on outings she often misses a piece of outerwear or two. Apparently her family doesn't wear clothing at home.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Shino.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Unlike Shino, she's into more kinky kinds of sex.
- Mundane Object Amazement: What's Aria's special dinner? Ramen!
- The Ojou
- Perpetual Smiler: Even when talking BDSM play. Even when crying over Tsuda's story!
- Second Year Protagonist: Like Shino, she was this in the beginning but moved up a grade in the middle.
- Sexy Secretary: To Shino.
- Spoiled Sweet
- Too Kinky to Torture: The fact she didn't complain about the entire chastity belt thing should be obvious enough to say she is also into masochism. Gets into new heights in chapter 77, when she administered an enema at school... Given what this series is, it's definitively not for medical purposes.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: If her perversions can be ignored, she would be a classical example of this.
- Yandere: Occasionally:
- Tsuda tells the girls to keep their watchful eyes at a distance while he works on his article. Aria then suggests that they do the staring like creepy stalkers from a partially-opened door, which creeps the living daylights out of Tsuda.
- Aria did it again in Chapter 157.
- Yaoi Fangirl: It's mentioned that she likes yaoi magazines and novels.
A first-year genius returning student and Student Council Treasurer. Despite being the more mentally mature girl of the main cast, she has a huge complex regarding her short stature.
- A-Cup Angst: Combined with being short, having the body of a little girl is a constant source of frustration for Suzu. She even has a dream sequence (used as a gag at one point) about hitting a growth spurt and becoming tall and busty.
- Berserk Button: Go ahead, call her a "little kid". She will cuss you out liberally in whatever language you referred to her as "little".
- Cannot Spit It Out: She does show signs of liking Takatoshi, but never acts on it much, aside from getting jealous when other girls try to get close to him, such as Uomi.
- Catch Phrase: "And if I told you I'm a returning genius with an IQ of 180 who can speak 7 languages and make 10 digit calculations in my sleep, would you still say that I look like a little girl?!" (This is, of course, usually replied to with a "Yes.")
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Like Shino, she is less than pleased when Uomi starts becoming closer to Takatoshi, such as the first half of episode 13/season 2.
- Cuteness Proximity: This happens to her anytime Uomi is around, who simply can't resist hugging her.
- Funbag Airbag: When she bumps into Aria due to her size.
- Girlish Pigtails: Emphasizing her naivety.
- Gratuitous English: When she points the way to the station to a foreigner in the first few episodes, including a barrage of expletives when she was called "little girl".
- Height Angst: Her short stature happens to be her Berserk Button and occasional trigger; she actively avoids doing things that would remind herself of her physique.
- Hypocritical Humor: Suzu, who despises being called a child because of her height, occasionally can't help but do things a child would do, such as building sandcastles and taking afternoon naps.
- Insufferable Genius: On occasion.
- The Napoleon: She absolutely hates her short height, and the jokes others make because of it.
- Older Than They Look: Often mistaken for a child.
- Only Sane Woman: Of the main trio of girls. Granted that's not saying much but still...
- Platonic Life Partners: With Takatoshi, on account of both of them being first-years and paragons of sanity in the Student Council.
- Pintsized Powerhouse: She can do painful roundhouse kicks and outrun people twice her size.
- Shorter Means Smarter: Just omit the "short" part.
- Straight Man: Tends to take over when Tsuda is absent. Later on, she joins him.
- Teen Genius: Has an IQ of 180.
- Tsundere: Aria refers to her as one. She even somehow convinces her to give the stereotypical 'It's not like I made these specially for you, it's just an obligation' type line... but Tsuda doesn't understand tsunderes, so he just gets depressed.
- Wise Beyond Her Years
- Your Size May Vary: Her shortness tends to change depending on how much exaggeration of it is needed for a given joke. For comparison, her height generally seems to be between crotch to lower chest on Takatoshi.
Takatoshi's younger sister and a third-year junior-high student (and later a first-year at Ousai). Generally a sweet, caring girl, but also in possession a mindset that'd make Shino proud.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Her perversions get on Takatoshi's nerves often.
- Asleep in Class: Seems to have this problem, if her "New Year's resolution" of stopping that in Chapter 68 is of any indication.
- Big Brother Attraction: She likes invoking Brother-Sister Incest (especially in the yonkoma), Season 1, Episode 12 has her admitting that she had an incestuous dream, and a strip in the yonkoma also mentions that she and Tsuda sometimes get mistaken for a couple, which she plays up. When her friend notes that it's sometimes hard to believe they're related because of their very different personalities in Chapter 43, Kotomi gets excited and interprets the comment as a possibility that they might be Not Blood Siblings. She also has no problem taking her clothes off in front of her brother◊ and once proudly mentioned to the other girls that he's also "impressive down there", which has him wondering as to when the hell she managed to sneak a peek. In the fourth OVA she becomes very, very pleased when Shino points out that she and Takatoshi being alone for the weekend while their parents are on a trip sounds like the setting of an eroge.
- Book Dumb: Even more so than Takatoshi—she probably wouldn't have gotten into Ousai at all had she not been interviewed by Yokoshima.
- Catch Phrase: Cowgirl!note (Usually said out of nowhere.)
- Covert Pervert: Initially. Later she's as openly perverted as Shino.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Invokes this herself for her own amusement.
- The Ditz: Really lacking in the intellectual department.
- Expy: Unbelievable as it may seem, she's actually a less perverted expy of the titular sister from another of the author's previous manga, Imouto Wa Shishunki.
- Fanservice Pack: In the second season she gets noticeably larger breasts◊ which are sometimes used for gags◊. Justified in that she's going through puberty.
- Gamer Chick: Seems to fall into this occasionally.
- Genki Girl
- Girlish Pigtails: For her naivety.
- Ms Imagination: In Chapter 271, she actually attempted to established a club for "armoured fighting," because she found the armoured characters in video games cool. This is lampshaded in S2E10 in Dejima's imagination, seeing her as a "chuuni JK".
- Nice Girl
- Not So Above It All: Has the same perverted outlook on life as Shino, as Takatoshi found out the hard way during the Sick Episode, when both gave him adult manga as get-well-soon gifts.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Toki's blue.
President of the Newspaper Club, who spends most of her time taking pictures of the Student Council.
- Blatant Lies: She totally doesn't own all the camera equipment they found during the school trip to Kyoto.
- Camera Fiend: She embodies the trope so well that she's the page image.
- Catch Phrase: "This will sell!"
- She also says "Shutter Chance!" whenever she sees a potential hot scoop (usually involving the student council).
- Crazy-Prepared — Ranko, who brought a souped up digital camera, zoom lens, pan lens, and a bunch of other lenses, about a dozen bags of other equipment, a sound collector, a TV camera, and a motion capture camera, just to get a scoop of Shino during their trip to Kyoto. It was revealed that after Aria deleted the pictures that the identity card in the camera is a decoy.
- She also carries a small bag containing an umbrella, a waterproof jacket, some food rations and a bottle for urinating. She takes her job really seriously.
- Creepy Monotone: ...Which sets her apart from the other, hyperactive girls.
- Deadpan Snarker: She can make these sorts of comments at times towards the student council.
- Emotionless Girl: Subverted. While she has many of the iconic qualities of one (blank stare, monotone voice, generally creepy attitude) Hata is clearly fully capable of experiencing (and often exhibits, sometimes to great extremes) as great a variety of emotions as the other characters. She's just terrible at expressing them When asked to smile, she does so by taping the sides of her mouth to her cheeks.
- Hot Scoop
- Large Ham: A rather strange example as she carries the qualities of an Emotionless Girl, but is perfectly capable of being hammy.
- Loophole Abuse: As per their agreement, she kept her mouth shut about finding Shino and Takatoshi spending the night together in an inn. She simply showed the disciplinary committee the pictures she took.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Hata setting up a camera tripod with high-intensity zoom like a sniper rifle.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She tends to get uncomfortably close to other people, particularly when interviewing them.
- Non-Standard Character Design: She is definitely the only one missing a visible nose in the entire cast and is the only one without glossy eyes. She also frequently lacks a mouth and is rendered as a chibi more often.
- The Noseless
- Twisting the Words: One of the things she likes doing is altering whatever statements she hears (usually from Takatoshi) to make it sound more perverted. It's apparently her belief as a member of the mass media.
- Only in It for the Money: As her catch phrase would illustrate.
- Perpetual Frowner:
- School Newspaper News Hound
- Shipper on Deck: For Takatoshi/Shino in the later strips, and she spreads the rumor about them being together for the sake of a juicy, scandalous story.
- Stalker Without a Crush: She follows the student council around (especially Shino and Tsuda) only to get an interesting scoop.
- Verbal Tic: "Kodak" (before taking a shot)
A teacher and advisor of the Student Council. Otherwise, she spends more time chasing younger men (including her male students, but especially Takatoshi) than actually teaching.
President of the Judo Club and classmate of Takatoshi, with whom she has some feelings.
- Aborted Declaration of Love: Seventh OVA. Complete with Last-Second Word Swap.
- Action Girl: Second dan black belt in Judo and is generally competent in that.
- Alliterative Name
- Big Eater: Justified for being an action girl. A strip in Chapter 232 discussed that; she kept her tournament food expenses low by... fulfilling "big eater challenges" at restaurants. Yet, she's hardly fat, she burns it all off quickly.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Really likes Takatoshi, but never clarifies... much to Chiri's consternation.
- Cloudcuckoolander: For her near lack of sexual knowledge.
- Club President: Of Ousai's judo team.
- Covert Pervert: Not even she's immune to it. In one gag, she's just returned from judo practice and is sweating profusely when Takatoshi asks her for help hanging something on the wall, requiring her to get close to him. When she blushes and says that she can't because she's covered in sweat, Takatoshi says he doesn't mind. Her eyes instantly light up and she excitedly asks "Is that your fetish?!"
- This motif has been repeated a couple more times in recent strips, implying that body odor is, indeed, Mitsuba's fetish (or rather, she would like someone to have a fetish for her own).
- Cute Bruiser
- The Ingenue: Well, most of the time. Any advice Shino gives her contains sexual innuendo, but she always takes them literally.
- Nice Girl: Stands out as one of the few female students with little or no perversions.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Chiri's tomboy.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Her goal.
Voiced by: Yukika Teramoto
Mutsumi's tomboyish friend and another member of the Judo Club.
The high-strung, androphobic head of the Disciplinary Committee and the Choir.
- Covert Pervert: For all her prudishness, she immediately mistakes a perfectly innocent discussion on sleeping posture in chapter 120 as proof that the student council knows each other's sleeping postures because they have slept together. Shino and Aria call her out on this.
- Does Not Like Men: Unlike most examples of this trope, it's played entirely for laughs.
- Girlish Pigtails
- Ship Tease: Later chapters where she's gotten more used to Takatoshi's presence will also sometimes tease a possible infatuation with him. Later in the yonkoma, while she still avoids guys, she has no problem making physical contact with Takatoshi.
- Sour Prudes
Voiced by: Mutsumi Tamura
Aria's personal maid with some rather weird fetishes.
Suzu's friend and member of the Robot Research Club for the purpose of more stimulation.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Although only for improving her orgasms.
- Horny Scientist: A rare female example, she's portrayed in a continuous state of arousal given the fact that she seem to always have a dildo sticking up her nether regions, although she hides it well.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Her Robot Research Club is more sex toys development than actual robot research. And she is the principal test subject!
- Robosexual: Uses her membership in the Robot Research Club as an excuse to create various vibrators. She has also expressed the desire to eventually build a sexbot of some sort.
Voiced by: Miho Hino
Kotomi's first friend at Ousai Academy. Has the look of a delinquent, but isn't much of one.
Shino's counterpart from Eiryou High School. Makes her debut in the 4th OVA.
- Drop-In Character: Being from another school, the other characters sometimes wonder why she keeps showing up in Chapter 135.
- Expy: In-universe, of Shino, at least initially. Later appearances establish that she has quirks of her own and that she's more aggressive in trying to get close to Takatoshi.
- First Name Basis: In Season 2, Episode 9, the relatives of Uomi and the Tsudas get married. She then starts calling Takatoshi "Taka-kun" and has him and Kotomi call her "Onee-chan," much to her obvious delight.
- Hidden Buxom: Her breasts seem around Shino's size but are actually much, much larger — much to Shino's jealousy.
- In-Series Nickname: Womi.
- Only One Name: We're not told whether Uomi is her first or last name.
- Pretty Freeloaders: Later in the yonkoma she eventually uses her "we're relatives now" excuse to not only drop by Takatoshi's house frequently but also stay over. To the point that she even keeps some clothes in his home.
- Running Gag: She has an obsession with hugging Suzu just so she can feel if she's wearing a bra or not, much to the latter's annoyance.
- Shipper on Deck: Initially seems this way for Takatoshi/Shino, but she later expresses interest in and goes after him herself.
- Shrinking Violet: According to her, she started as this, and still has the looks for this trope.
- Student Council President: Of Eiryou High School.
- The Tease: Probably the most active one out of all the female characters. Unlike the others who largely sidestep the issue or just bury their feelings, such as Shino, Uomi makes it more obvious she's interested in Takatoshi. Unfortunately, due to the influence/saturation of being around the other perverted girls, her hints tend to fly over his head.
Voiced by: Fumi Hirano
Osai alumni and Shino's predecessor as president of the student council.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Her most prominent characteristic. Being Shino's predecessor, she's at most two years older than her. Yet she uses Japanese slang from The Eighties completely unironically and even her Fanservice is old fashioned.
- Drop-In Character: Occasionally drops in to see her old school and friends, sometimes inviting them to university functions.
- Hopeless With Tech: Even worse than Shino. She's so bad with technology that she uses a pocket abacus instead of a calculator.