Characters: SD Gundam Force
open/close all folders
Shute/ShuutoShute is a kid genius from Neotopia. He's impulsive and sometimes irritating, however his boundless enthusiasm can be an asset. It was his friendship with Captain that first got the Soul Drive to activate. He's got a lot of guts and little common sense but he's also super smart, so it balances out.
- Badass Normal
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Big Brother Mentor: To Captain and eventually Genkimaru.
- A Boy and His X: A boy and his robot.
- Circle of Friendship
- Determinator: Shute never gives up on anything, and does what he can to keep the others going as well. Captain even calls him "The one who never quits"
- Humans Are Good: He tells this to the bad guy's all the time. Turns out he's right.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness
- Nice Guy
- The Power of Friendship: Shute's friendship with Captain activates the Soul Drive.
- True Companions: Shute treats the whole SD Force as this.
- You Are Not Alone: He says this to Captain a lot. He's given one by everybody when the General's Mind Rape starts working.
Captain GundamThe first Gundam created to protect Neotopia. He starts out being a secret that nobody's supposed to know about. At first he lacks an understanding of emotions. Once he makes friends with Shute and the other Gundams he gets better at it. Eventually the Captain needed repairs and gets an upgrade. Not that he wasn't a badass before mind you.
- Adaptational Badass
- Anonymous Benefactor: He starts out as a secret agent for the good guy's.
- Big Good
- Captain Superhero
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Captain will always, and I mean always try to rescue others. Even some of the worst bad guys. And usually at the cost of his own arms!
- Expy/Composite Character: of CAPG-78 Captain Gundam. and Gundam Zephyranthes with The face opening being similar to F91, and Hyper Captain Gundam Option F and Option Z are based on Gundam "Zephyranthes" Full Burnern and RX-78GP03D Gundam "Dendrobium Orchis", respectively.
- A Friend in Need
- The Good Captain: Naturally!
- Good Is Dumb: Not exactly dumb, just naive.
- Shining Goodness: Soul Drive Activate!
- Straight Man
- Took a Level in Badass: Once he was so badly damaged that he got a whole new look. With some awesome new weapons to go with it.
Zero, The Winged KnightKnight Gundam from the magical realm of Lacroa. Zero was sent to Neotopia to find help in order to save his homeland from the invading Dark Axis. After two years of searching, the Dark Axis started to invade Neoptopia as well. Normally calm and graceful it's best not to make him mad. Or you could end up buried under a mountain of roses.
- Blow You Away: Super Magical Violette Tornado!
- The Cape: He wears a rather nice red one.
- The Chosen One: That is he was "chosen" to find the big hero's Captain & Shute.
- Crossdressing Voices: Zero is voiced in English by a female storyboard artist. It's not a very convincing male voice.
- Expy/Composite Character: of Wing Gundam and Knight Gundam, and later Wing Gundam Zero.
- Heroic Vow
- I Should Have Been Better: He often feels bad for not being able to stop the invasion of Lacroa.
- Instant Runes: Surprisingly solid, too.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Of course.
- Knight in Sour Armor: He can be this quit often.
- Light Is Good
- Magic Knight
- The Stoic
- Suck My Rose: Always is ready to, as Bakunetsumaru put it, "Pull flowers out of thin air."
- Super Mode: Zero Custom, Knight of Silver Wings...but only after merging with Fenn the Feather Dragon.
- Think Nothing of It: Says this to Sayla after he's been showing off.
Bakunetsumaru, The Blazing SamuraiThe fiery Musha Gundam from the land of Ark. Ark and Lacroa are two lands one the same world in the same dimension. However the two lands are complete opposites, and so are Baku and Zero. Where Zero is calm and graceful, Bakunetsumaru is quick to anger and likes to swing his swords everywhere. However he is an honorable samurai and will help any who need him. He lands in Neotopia after a dimensional transport device the SDG was working on malfunctions, he decides to protect his new home with the same vigor he would Ark.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: That's Baku's fighting style plain and simple.
- The Champion
- Expy/Composite Character: Of Musha Gundam(the titular Mobile Suit) and Shining Gundam, while Bakushinmaru is based on God Gundam.
- Honor Before Reason: Baku's not to bad but many Musha Gundams are like this.
- Hot-Blooded: If he were any hotter, he'd have melted.
- Justice Will Prevail: Samurai Justice!
- Just in Time: How Baku first arrives in Neotopia. On a flaming horse no less!
- Katanas Are Just Better: Baku's got two!
- Leeroy Jenkins: He's the first to leap into action, usually. Gunbike quite accurately describes as "The hothead who can't keep his sword in his scabbard, always jumping the gun!"
- Lord Error-Prone: Again he's not as bad as most Musha Gundams.
- Martyrdom Culture: The Musha Gundams.
- Playing with Fire: He's the Blazing Samurai, so flames come quite naturally.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy
- Super Mode: Sword of Fire...Bakushinmaru!
EntengoBakunetsumaru's faithful steed, Entengo is a mobile horse from Ark.
- Expy: Entengo is based on Master Asia's own robotic steed, Fuunsaiki.
- Mechanical Horse
- Silent Snarker: Being a horse, Entengo can't actually talk, but his facial expressions seem to convey a lot.
- Team Pet: To an extent.
Princess Relehimana Miya De Lacroa (Princess Rele for short)The heir to the throne of Lacroa, and the one who sent Zero to Neotopia in the first place. She spends the first half of the series turned to stone, but after being revived, joins the Gundam Force in their struggle against the Dark Axis, aiding them with her magic. Though a bit headstrong, she nonetheless shows the wisdom of her station.
Super Dimensional Guard
Assistant Ball and Kao Lyn's Ball
- Expy: Literally the only Balls in SDGF that are actually not mecha and instead actual Super-Deformed robots based on mecha.
- Non-Human Sidekick: At least in the case of Kao Lyn's Ball.
- Team Pet
Chief Harothe mysterious but reliable leader of the SDG, he gets his name from the Haro ball where his head should be. No one knows if that's a mask or not.
- Big Good
- Da Chief
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: Tries to keep Shute out of the SDG's business originally.
- Secret Identity: The Chief is actually Shute's dad Mark behind a mask.
Dr. Bell WoodThe young prodigy behind the SDG's dimensional transport device, Bell Wood is a genius and he knows it. Unfortunately, his progress was stymied by the collateral damage caused by Bakunetsumaru's first battle in Neotopia.
- Brilliant but Lazy: "the work's complicated, all right? And when people give me attitude, I lose interest!"
- Insufferable Genius: A less antagonistic version.
Operator gms and Assistant gms.
Gunbike / GunpanzerCaptain's original instructor. An AI that's been uploaded into a vehicle, Gunbike was added to the main squad as a trainer. Rough, tough, and by no means easy-going, Gunbike is determined to whip the gang into shape. His AI was later uploaded into Gunpanzer before being sent to Ark.
- Drill Sergeant Nasty
- Expy/Composite Character: Command Gundam was the original Captain Gundam's Mentor, while Gunpanzer resembles Gundam Ez8.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- No Indoor Voice
- Transforming Mecha: As Gunpanzer.
Chief Kao LynThe eccentric designer of the SDG's Gundams, Kao Lyn punctuates scientific explanations with liberal demonstrations of kung fu.
JuliAn SDG officer and Chief Haro's assistant.
GuneagleGuneagle is a new and inexperienced member of the Gundam Force. He means well but he's also cocky and a bit of a showoff.
- Expy/Composite Character: Guneagle is based on Guneagle Nu, and by extention, Nu Gundam.
- Meaningful Name: Gun(dam)-EAGLE, get it?
- New Meat
- Smug Smiler: You can tell that if he had a mouth to do it with he would.
- Stationary Wings
Gundivers / GunchoppersAn elite Gundam team for special aquatic and eventually aerial combat for the SDG.
- Expy/Composite Character: The Gundivers and Gunchoppers are based on RGZ-91 Re-GZ as well as the original Gundiver.
- Giant Wall of Watery Doom: The Gundivers can create one of these when they all work together.
- If It Swims, It Flies: Averted. Their flight capabilities aren't part of their initial design, but came from Kao Lyn's upgrades.
- Making a Splash: The Gundivers make playing with water look awesome.
- This Looks Like a Job for Aquaman: Originally only useful for underwater missions.
Zako SoldiersZako's are the main fighting force of the Dark Axis. ...It's amazing they've won as many battles as they have.
- Adorable Evil Minions: Zako's are so cute!
- Expy: They resemble Zaku II early production types, but are a homage to cannon fodder Zakus in general.
- Harmless Villain: Even more so than their commanders, but they did manage to subvert it once by completely commandeering a digging bot and nearly succeeding.
- Helpful Mook: Funny thing is, they start out on the more accidentally assisting side. Over time they become genuinely gentle under Genkimaru and eventually become his Genki Energy Force.
- Mecha-Mooks: Fits these guy's to a tie.
- Mini Mook
- Palette Swap: Zako Red, who has more importance. Same can be said of some of the Zako Zako Hour characters: the hosts all hold microphones with different heads (red circular mic, blue square mic, yellow triangular mic) and the Chef Zakos that appeared in one episode.
- Sound-Coded for Your Convenience: As well, the Zako Zako Hour hosts all have different voices, changing in range between the three. Red Mic has a light voice, Yellow Mic has a rougher voice, and Blue Mic is somewhere between.
- Strong Flesh, Weak Steel
- Show Within a Show: Three of them host the Zako Zako Hour, which takes place in The Stinger of some episodes. These segments serve to explain certain aspects of the main series' backstory, such as why the Dark Axis uses control horns, why Kibaomaru's forces are working with them, and other things. However, a combination of the Zakos' stupidity, Fridge Logic, temperamental guests, the Zakos' stupidity, a lack of research, and the Zako's stupidity, causes hilarity to ensue.
- Verbal Tic: Zako!
Zapper ZakuProbably THE MOST Trigger Happy guy you'll every meet. He was the first to attack Neptopia and fail. Once the Dark Axis is defeated in Neotopia he becomes the janitor for the Gundammusai. He later CLAIMS to have been faking the whole time so he'd be able to get his revenge on the General for abandoning him and his troops. But that's debateable.
- Added Alliterative Appealing Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: With his insults, which may partially be to avoid repetition in a G-rated cartoon. "Pitiful piles of pusillanimous(timid) paraphernalia(stuff)" is an actual thing he has said. If it isn't alliterative ("titanium twit", "mechanized metal morons"), he's reaching for the big things ("ignoramuses", the above).
- Arson Murderand Jaywalking: Destroy the dimensions, destroy the Gundams, smash a poor innocent flower.
- Ax-Crazy: More so than the others, especially since he'll argue with his teammates. Downplayed when compared to Grappler and Dom, though: he thinks through his plans a bit more and doesn't try to sacrifice his weapons for a tactical boost.
- Evil Laugh: He loves to do this when he's firing his guns.
- Expy/Composite Character: Zapper's a dead ringer for Bloody Zaku, but is based on a Zaku III. He and Bloody Zaku may also be based on Johnny Ridden's similarly desgined Full-Bullet Zaku.
- A Father to His Men: Before his promotion, he was actually a lot nicer to the Zakos, teaching two of them how to properly get ahead in life and even trying to teach one the value of keeping promises.
- Firing in the Air a Lot: Perfected the art before Dom showed up.
- General Failure: Him and everyone else in his gang.
- Go Through Me: A moment that is talked about a lot. In Grappler's first appearance, he attacks Captain by himself and goes shieldless, believing Captain's unarmed after losing his rifle ammo. But when Captain reveals he has guns mounted onto his head, Grappler looks as if he's about to start running because he's only mounted with melee attacks. This is when, for an unexplained reason, Zapper starts shooting the ground in front of Gundam and then jumps into the fray, forcing the Gundam back.
- Harmless Villain: He talks the talk but when it comes to walking the walk, he'll always fall on his face.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: Zapper graduated top of his class. Yes, we're serious.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: He's introduced first out of the Squad Commanders to be introduced and appears the most. He also seems to hold more power over the Zakos, as they don't seem so flinchy around him.
- More Dakka: A Gatling gun, two machine guns, an axe with a spear-tip, missiles to shoot from his shoulders, and a beam laser.
- Overly Long Name: "Final Deadly Screaming Chaos Catastrophe" is his Finishing Move, shooting it beside Grappler and Dom.
- Poke the Poodle: Compared to his teammates, at least...
- Start of Darkness: He was always evil, but he started getting bloodthirsty after one of his men was killed giving his machine guns back to him so he could finish a fight on more even grounds.
- Team Rocket Wins: The only plan he ever came up with himself worked out of all the plans everyone else made.
Grappler GoufGrappler is one of the Dark Axis's top fighters. He's the smartest and most levelheaded of the Terrible Trio. Of course that's not saying much.
- Artificial Limbs / Anatomy Arsenal: The Gundam equivalent, as only Grappler shows this ability. His left arm can be swapped out for either a basic arm or a bladed claw and can even become an Arm Cannon.
- Dastardly Whiplash: He thinks he's the most clever and cunning of the group... he's not.
- Evil Gloating: If he can, he will.
- Expy: Grappler is based on a Gouf Custom.
- Jerkass Has a Point: He is a jerk true, but he's usually right also.
- Kick Them While They Are Down
- Only Sane Man: Compared to his squadmates, ESPECIALLY during the second half of the series.
- Overly Long Name: "Final Deadly Screaming Chaos Catastrophe" is his Finishing Move, shooting it beside Dom and Zapper.
- Smug Snake
- Surrounded by Idiots: Life and times of season 2.
Destroyer DomUnlike Grappler, Dom is the dumbest of the dumb. There aren't enough words to describe how dumb this guy is. What he lacks in intellegince he makes up for in brute force. "Duh, guns go boom!"
- Achievements in Ignorance
- Expy: Destroyer Dom is based on a Dom Funf(oddly the only Expy of the dark axis trio whose counterpart does not already have a fin on it's head that resembles the command fins). His love for weapons is also reminiscent of Command Gundam.
- Firing in the Air a Lot
- Flanderization: His speech patterns started off as simplistic, but still with good grammar. Eventually he goes full Hulk Speak.
- More Dakka: Up to Eleven. Dom has his own car to carry all his weapons, which include missile launchers, chainsaws, flame throwers...
- Oblivious To Hints
- Overly Long Name: "Final Deadly Screaming Chaos Catastrophe" is his Finishing Move, shooting it beside Zapper and Grappler.
- Reckless Gun Usage: Believe it or not he's actually worse than Zapper. I know, it's shocking.
- Stupid Evil: Turns out he's not so evil but plenty stupid.
- Took a Level in Dumbass: He actually started out as being very imposing. As you can imagine that didn't last long.
Zako RedA Zako Soldier with a unique red-ish color scheme and command fin. Zako Red is stated to be second only to the Commander, and commands the Dark Axis forces during the full invasion of Neotopia. Implied to be nothing more than a remote-controlled puppet for the Commander, as he was deactived once the invasion was complete.
- Expy/Mythology Gag: He and Sazabi are modeled after mobile suits piloted by Char Aznable.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: There's a reason for the picture there.
- Verbal Tic: Like all Zakos, but his sounds rather...forced.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: He's isn't above modifying his plans when need be. After Captain renders the use of Control Horns meaningless, he goes through the next phase (Petrify Neotopia's living creatures with Bagu Bagu) and steals his Soul Drive.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Pretty much the only reason he was deactivated. Then kicked away. It's implied, however, that Zako Red was just a proxy for the Commander, sharing his voice and color-scheme and even superiority. This explains why his Verbal Tic isn't always present: Sazabi, speaking through Zako Red, doesn't remember enough to say "Zako". As a result, him being shut down was this trope as well as simply Sazabi removing some focus.
Doga BombersThe Doga's are the flying force of the Dark Axis. During the invasion of Neotopia, they were commanded by Four Doga Commandos, but they were destroyed before the battle's end.
- Airborne Mook
- Expy: They're based on Jagd Dogas, the yellow commando specifically being based on Gyunei Guss's custom Jagd Doga.
- Four Is Death: The Four Doga Commandos.
- You Have Failed Me: While the rest of the Commandos get destroyed by the Gundams, Doga Grey is vaporized by Sazabi himself.
Commander SazabiThe Commander is one of the most dangerous soldiers of the Dark Axis. He was in charge of the invasions of Lacroa and Neotopia. He is both large and powerful, a deadly combination.
- Badass: He fights Zero and Bakunetsumaru and they don't even slow him down.
- Bad Boss: He murders a bunch of his minions just to tell Shute that he doesn't care about them.
- Big Bad: Made out to be during the first season, it's only revealed that he's not the leader of the Dark Axis AFTER he's dead.
- Conservation of Competence: His Squad Leaders are dumb, his army is stupid, anyone he tries to get to assist him is worse...
- Disc One Final Boss: With him gone, the Dark Axis is beaten, right? The General would like to disagree...
- The Dragon: To Gerbera
- Expy: See Zako Red.
- Galactic Conqueror
- Knight of Cerebus: Not initially due to his comedic traits when he's berating his minions, but when he finally appears on-screen, he's a much more serious villain no comedic quirks. He's the first villain we see get Killed Off for Real.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain: His kicking away Zako Red (who held the Zakurello Remote) is what allowed the SDG to take control of the Zakurello Gate.
Professor Gerbera / MadnugThe Professor is second in command only to the General himself. He is science officer for the Dark Axis and responsible for all deploment of troops to other dimensions. In reality he is a Gundam from Neotopia's future. He was on a misson to explore outerspace when their was a malfunction. He was sent back in time and captured by the General.
- Badass Bookworm: He is a Professor after all.
- Drunk on the Dark Side
- Expy/Mythology Gag: Is based on the Gerbera Tetra, which was built from the scrapped Gundam GP04 "Gerbera". This throwback combined with the fact he has a soul drive makes that one plot twist much more obvious.
- Fallen Hero: He was once a Gundam created by the SDG.
- Humans Are Bastards: He certainly thinks so.
- Hyper Competent Sidekick / The Heavy: While Gerbera DOES follow the General's whims, he's the one who handles most of the details, including the invasion of different worlds.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: His and The General's. He's the second in command for a reason.
- Sanity Slippage: At first, while definitely not one of the good guys, he at least was sane enough to try and manipulate Captain. He almost pulled it off too, but after that. When he ran into Captain again he seemed to lose what little grip he had on reality.
- Sdrawkcab Name
- Tin Tyrant: To hide the fact that he's a Gundam.
- Tragic Villain
General ZeongThe General is the leader of the Dark Axis. A terrifying figure, his subordinates live in constant fear of his anger. His body damaged or incomplete, the General sends his forces throughout the dimensions to collect the needed material to finish repairing him... Gundanium.
- A God Am I: Doesn't say it, but Kibaomaru likens him to a 'Mecha-deity'.
- Authority Equals Asskicking
- Bigger Bad: He's the most dangerous enemy in the series, but doesn't really do much until the final episodes.
- Break the Cutie: What he did to Madnug, and what he does to Shute. The former became a Fallen Hero / Tragic Villain, the latter...resulted in his chest being blown apart.
- Captain Ersatz / Expy: Lets see, an evil giant space robot explicitly stated to be overwhelmingly powerful, has designs on omnicide while his allies think he's out for conquest...lets face it, General Zeong is basically The Anti-Monitor.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: The moment he figures out that Shute's voice and positivity is increasing the Gundams' power, he takes measures to neutralize it.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?
- Eldritch Abomination: Seriously, look at him!
- Evil Laugh
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Expy: of a Zeong, naturally, though the design is a far cry from the original.
- Finger Gun: Each one the size of a cannon.
- Generic Doomsday Villain
- God of Evil
- Manipulative Bastard: He manipulated Madnug for years. Not to mention Kibaomaru, and Deed, and Tallgeese. The list goes on.
- Multiversal Conqueror: Subverted. That's what everyone except Gerbera thinks he is. He really is a...
- Omnicidal Maniac: You may wanna get scared after this: In full power, General Zeong's beam cannon can wipe out the entire universe. Clearly he's rivals the former in power!
- One-Man Army: He is The single most powerful individual robot in the whole multiverse!
- Physical God
- The Purge: His true ultimate plan is to destroy the entire multiverse! He's worse than that Anti-Monitor guy!
- The Unintelligible: Gerbera has to translate all of his dialogue.
- Walking Spoiler
- Wham Line: "You and the Gundam Force are too late...everything is at an end!"
The Kingdom of Lacroa
Pawn LeoIf there was ever anybody worse at being evil than the Zako soldiers, it's these guys. They're so lame that if they were to simply trip, they'd expire in a snap.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Tripping.
- Expy: Based on..well, OZ-06MS Leo.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: They do fight hard, then get turned into dice. What else can be said?
- Mythology Gag: The fact that they are made in Tallgeese's image is a reference to the fact OZ-06MS Leos are the mass-produced version of OZ-00MS Tallgeese... in spite of the fact that the Pawn Leos look nothing like Tallgeese...
- Small Name, Big Ego: They think they're smarter and stronger than Zako Soldiers...they're not.
- Verbal Tic: Pawn!
Tallgeese, Knight of the TempestTallgeese once wished to become a Knight Gundam. However he didn't meet the required standards, mostly because he technically wasn't a Gundam at all. In his anger, he joined the Dark Axis and formed an alliance with Deathscythe to obtain enough power and prove he could be a Royal Knight. He enslaved the Sacred Griffin and helped to overthrow Lacroa.
- Big "NO!": He has a really good voice for this.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Learns this a little too late.
- Expy: Tallgeese is naturally based on OZ-00MS Tallgeese.
- Fan Nickname: In-universe example. His fanclub among the Zakos call him Lord T.
- Large Ham
- Laughably Evil: He's actually a threat unlike what we see of those who came before him, but he still gets some hilarious moments.
- Meaningful Name: Shute thinks it's funny. Tallgeese HATES funny!
- Subverted by the fact he's an SD Gundam, and thus, isn't actually that tall.
- Noble Demon: He could've been worse; he was admirable enough to earn a following from the Zako soldiers despite barely being affiliated with the Dark Axis and after learning Deathscythe tricked him and just used him, he turned his anger on him and sacrificed himself to free the Feather Dragon.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Sure, he's a Large Ham, but he's still a dangerous force to be reckoned with. Being an Unwitting Pawn doesn't make him any less threatening.
- Redemption Equals Death: After Deathscythe betrays him and Bakunetsumaru helps him, he decides to sacrifice his life in orderd to free Fenn and save everyone.
- Unwitting Pawn: What he is to Deathscythe. He figures it out in the end, though.
- Wake-Up Call Boss: He's the first villain to easily best the Gundam Force. Even before he merges with the Griffin, he effortlessly counters Bakunetsumaru's Tenkyo-Ken.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: While wielding Epyon, he went mad and begun attacking anything, even the ship. By the time he regains himself, Epyon's devouring his body.
Deathscythe, Knight of Darkness / Deed, the Shining KnightThe one who is responsible for the fall of Lacroa. Once he was called Deed. One of the noble Knight Gundams of Lacroa. It turns out that over time he'd fallen in love with Princess Rele. It was his overwhelming desire for her that lead him to betray Lacroa. He believed that stealing magical power of the Sacred Beasts would make him human.
- Black Knight
- Black Cloak
- Expy/Composite Character: of both Deathscythe and Satan Gundam.
- Deathscythe's fusion with Steel Dragon is based on Deathscythe Hell.
- Love Makes You Evil: It was his obsession with the Princess that eventually drove him to his doom.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: The main goal of his plans.
- Playing Both Sides: How he arranged the end of the Knight Gundams and eventually Tallgeese.
- Power Makes Your Voice Deep: In his holographic-looking form, he's high-pitched, but when he reveals his true self Dave Wittenberg manages to sound incredibly deep and threatening.
- Servile Snarker / The Igor: The role he plays for Tallgeese.
- Spell My Name with an "S": His true title, "the Shining Knight", was accidentally first called "the Icy Knight" in the dub.
- Tragic Dream
Noa, Coa, and DoaThe three wise men/boys of Lacroa. Noa wears red jewelry, Coa blue, and Doa green.
- Badass Adorable
- Bratty Half-Pint: How they behave towards everyone during most of their first appearance, they did get better though.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Just because there kids doesn't mean there helpless.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: And a Green Oni makes three!
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green, actually.
Fenn / Feather DragonA legendary Spirit of Lacroa and Zero's very best friend. Destined to save the kingdom with the help of the Chosen One.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Cuddle Bug: When he's small and cute that's all you'll want to do to him.
- Gentle Giant
- Our Dragons Are Different: Either tiny and puffy or metal and covered in feathers.
Mercurius, Knight of Thunder and Vayate, Knight of StormsTwo knights, followers of Tallgeese. They where trapped in stone by the Knight Gundams but where set free by Tallgeese... then soon afterwords eaten by Epyon.
- Blow You Away: Vayate's power.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Expy: Like all of the Knight Gundams in SDGF, these two are named after their Gundam Wing counterparts.
- Noble Demon: Demons anyway, they were very loyal to Tallgeese right to the bitter end.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Mercurius is red/orange and Vayate is blue. It works!
- Shock and Awe: Mercurius' power.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: The first thing Tallgeese does once he gets the Epyon sword is to kill them and steal their powers.
EpyonA magic sword Deathscythe gives to Tallgeese, Epyon will grant its wielder with the power of those it slays- but at a price. Anyone who uses the sword will eventually be possesed by it and turned into the Berserker Epyon, a vicious killer with an obsession for devouring his opponents.
- The Corruption
- Empathic Weapon
- Expy: It's Berserker Epyon form is based on Gundam Epyon, though the sword has no counterpart, as Gundam Epyon uses a laser blade as it's primary weapon.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: The more you use it, the more unhinged you become.
The Royal Knights of LacroaA group of five Knight Gundams who serve the Royal Family. Besides Zero, their ranks include Rock the Desert Knight, Battle the Blazing Knight, Nataku the Bronze Knight, and Deed the Icy Knight. While Zero was sent to the other dimension by Princess Rele, they stayed behind to fight against the Dark Axis. We learn later that while Deed played both sides as Deathscythe, Rock, Battol and Nataku were sacrificed to the General.
The Country of Ark
AshuramaruOriginally know as Kujakumaru. Ashuramaru once got into a fight with Bakunetsumaru. When Baku had defeated him he was supposed to kill him but couldn't bring himself to do so. This sent Kujakumaru over the edge and would be the reason for him to betray Ark by joining Kibaomaru.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: "What is this, pity?! I do not want it!"
- Expy: Ashuramaru was based on Ashura Gundam
- Go Out with a Smile
- Jumping Off the Slippery Slope
- Knight of Cerebus: While not the first villain to pose a threat, he is the first one that has no comedic traits.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: The main difference from his former life as Kujakumaru.
- Rival Turned Evil
- That Man Is Dead: When he first meets Bakunetsumaru in Neotopia, he makes it quite clear that the name Kujakumaru no longer has any meaning for him. However, that doesn't stop Bakunetsumaru from referring to him as such when they reconcile.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: "What I did...I did for Ark..."
CobramaruThe Castle Conquerer of the land of Ark. He is one of Kibaomaru's best ninja Gundams. That is, until his record is broken by the Gundam Force. After many failed attempts to finish his assigned tasks he is banished by Kibaomaru. When he attempts suicide Genikmaru stops him and invites him to join his Genki Energy Force, he eventually agrees.
- Artificial Limbs: His armor has an artificial tail anyway. Which he puts to good use later in the show.
- Because You Were Nice to Me / Tastes Like Friendship: "I've come to pay you back for the rice balls you gave me.
- Ditto Fighter: The legendary Cobra Black Armor gives him this power. It can't duplicate a Soul Drive, though...
- Driven to Suicide: After losing his last battle with Captain. The US dub tries to hide this.
- Expy: He was based on Cobra Gundam.
- One-Man Army: He's not called the Castle Conqueror for nothing you know.
- You Have Failed Me: Kibaomaru tells him this almost word for word.
Dai-Shogun of Perfect VirtueA mysterious Musha Gundam with strange spacial abilities, the Dai-Shogun first appears in Neotopia in order to insure that Bakunetsumaru and Ashuramaru are allowed to duel without interference. His identity is a mystery to everyone, as according to Cobramaru Ark currently has no Dai-Shogun. Yet. It's hinted near the end that the Dai-Shogun is Genkimaru, all grown up.
- Big Eater: Apparently polished off a giant cake by himself.
- Blow You Away: He can use his fan to create gusts of wind strong enough to push the Gundamusai through a smaller portal.
- Cool Ship: His personal vessel, the Ship of the Golden Crest.
- Expy: One of the few gundams who appears to avert this trope.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His Dai-Hoto Sword.
- Reality Warper: His first appearance has him deflecting Zapper's missiles by literally turing the world upside-down.
- Someday This Will Come in Handy: He leaves Bakunetsumaru a toothpick with these instructions. It helps reprogram the Bagu Bagu
- Time Travel: According to the Zako Zako Hour, he's a time traveler.
KibaomaruWarlord of the land of Ark. He joined the Dark Axis in the hope that they would help in his conquest. However he is still an honorable Musha Gundam who follows the Mush code the way he knows how. In the end it's descovered that he and Genkimaru are family. He and Genki eventually reconcile there differences.
- Ambition Is Evil
- The Chess Master: Shogi master.
- Expy: One of the few robots, let alone musha or knight gundams to not be named similarly to his counterpart, Zeus Gundam.
- Katanas Are Just Better: His sword is HUGE!
- Honor Before Reason
- Martyrdom Culture
- Not What I Signed On For: When he learns Gerbera's and the General's true intentions, he realizes he may have bitten off more than he can chew.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy
- Shock and Awe
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
Genkimaru / Dai-Shogun of Perfect VirtueA bratty kid Musha Gundam with the power to make holes in space and a serious grudge against Kibaomaru. He's Kibaomaru's SON, but manages to reconcile with him at the end of the series. He ends up becoming the Dai-Shogun of Perfect Virtue and goes back in time to aid... very subtly... the Gundam Force.
- Big Eater
- Bratty Half-Pint: Gets better as the series goes on, but still has this.
- Expy: Seemingly averted.
- Future Badass
- Gasshole: The only character on the show to pass wind. Several times.
- Incoming Ham: His intro is notable due to the subtle foreshadowing when one of the spheres is the wrong color a couple of times. It turns out this is due to him being a member of the Kibao Clan
- Messianic Archetype: Shows signs of this towards the end.
- Orphan's Plot Trinket: His knife with the Kibao emblem on it once belonged to his mother. And it's needed for The Reveal.
- Reality Warper
- You Killed My Father: "He betrayed my mother... He betrayed me!"
Zako BusshiThat's right folks... Ark-style Zako Soldiers! These little guys were deployed to Ark to help Kibaomaru, and fight alongside his army.
- Expy: They are based on Busshis, one of Neo Japan's cannon fodder defense units, which oddly were primarily meant for space defense, yet in spite of this Zako Busshi can not fly.
- Nice Hat: Ultimately, the main difference from their Dark Axis 'cousins'.
- Show Within a Show: The Zako Busshi Hour!
- Verbal Tic: Busshi, busshi, Zako Busshi!
NobusshiThese lesser samurai make up the main body of both Kibaomaru and Buritenmaru's armies.
- Expy: Based on Neo Japan's terrestrial defence force mobile suits of the same name
- Red Shirt Army
- Verbal Tic: In the US dub only, they also go 'Busshi'
Kibao HordeFour elite Musha Gundams who protect Kibaomaru's castle, the Kibao Hoard's membership is Bakuhamaru the Undefeated, Mokinmaru the Sword of Raven, Kijumaru the Battle Beast, and Haganemaru, the Iron Sphere.
- Arm Cannon: Kijumaru has these in his claws.
- Badass These guys curbstomped Bakunetsumaru and Zero in their first appearence.
- BFS: Mokinmaru's weapon.
- Drop the Hammer: Bakuhamaru's weapon of choice.
- Expy: They are based on the Four Heavenly Kings in G Gundam.
- Four Is Death
- Spikes of Doom: Haganemaru's weapon are two halves of a giant spike ball he hides himself in as he charges.
Lord BritainmaruBakunetsumaru's lord and master, Britainmaru is a VERY old Musha Gundam noble who once ruled more than half of Ark, and the only one still trying to fight against Kibaomaru.
- BFG: Tanega Rifle Tancho Crane!
- Expy: He's based on John Bull Gundam, which is Neo England's gundam fighter, hence the "Britian" in his name(phonetically in the case of his japanese name).
- I Was Quite The Looker: Flashbacks show that he was incredibly strong and well-built. Now, however...
- Miniature Senior Citizens: ...Time has shrunken him to the size of Genkimaru.
Ginkaku & KinkakuLord Britainmaru's right hand men are always by his side. There jobs are, to protect their lord, carry the Tanega Rifle, and translate what he's saying.
Cobra Ninja ForceCobramaru's fellow ninja, all under the employ of Kibaomaru. On their lord's orders, they attempt to assassinate Buritenmaru, but are stopped and destroyed by Bakunetsumaru, wearing the Armor of Bakushin.
- Agony Beam: Cobra Ninja Formation... Thunder!
- Expy: Their desgins are also based on the Cobra Gundam, but they have no real counterparts.
- Four Is Death: The members of the Force are Cobramaru Red, Blue, Yellow, and Green.
- Killed Off for Real: They do not survive their fight with Bakushinmaru.
- Sentai: They oddly do not pull an Incoming Ham nor are they Large Hams, but otherwise properly fill the role of a villain sentai.
DaishinshoOne of the ultimate weapons of the Land of Ark. Mush Daishinsho can only be commanded by the Dai-Shogun. In a sense he is the weapon that only the next Dai-Shogun may wield. Once the next Dai-Shogun is found he transforms into The Ship of The Golden Crest.
- BFS: The Dairyogoku Sword, about four times his height.
- Expy/Composite Character: Somewhat resembles Devil Gundam's MF mode, but is based on the hyper modes of Shining Gundam and Kowloon Gundam.
- Humongous Mecha
- Laser Blade: He can create one if he loses his own sword.
- Powered Armor
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Was originally locked up in the moving castle Tenchijo because of how destructive he is. Only the Dai-Shogun can control him.
- Transforming Mecha: He transforms into The Ship of The Golden Crest and the Dai-Shoguns armor.
People of Neotopia
Shute's family (Nana, Keiko, and Mark)Shute's has a mother a father and his little sister Nana. At first they are unaware of Shute and the Captain's activities. When they do find out they'er very supportive of him. Perhaps SOME more than others...
- Action Mom: Keiko may carry Nana everywhere she goes, but don't think for a minute that makes her useless.
- Disappeared Dad: Mark is alive and well, but spends so much time in his studio writing songs Or does he? that he has the least screen time out of any character.
- Good Parents
- Oblivious Younger Sibling: Nana's actually a very perseptive baby.
SaylaSayla loves to makes cakes for people. And that's just about all she's good for. Zero calls her Princess Sayla becuase he says she looks so much like his own princess. Dispite the fact that they look nothing alike.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Dumb Blonde
- Expy: of Sayla Mass
- Good Is Dumb
- Too Dumb to Live: She may only pretend to be this dumb. If that's the case she's very good at it.
- Zettai Ryouiki
Mayor Margaret GathermoonMayor Margaret is the top official of Neotopia and knows of the SDG. She was in charge of making sure the citizens didn't find out about the war. When the Dark Axis launched their large-scale offensive, she was forced to come clean.
Leonardo & PrioPrio is Maryor Gathermoon's human assistant. Leonardo is Prio's assistant. The two work very well together in order to keep things running smoothely in Neotopia.
- Dull Surprise: Prio is a master at this. Did he ever even raise's his voice once in the whole show?
- Expy: Leonardo is based on a RGM-79SP GM Sniper II
- Those Two Guys
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.