Made for the Norwegian fantasy book series Phenomena
.This page could use some Wiki Magic
open/close all folders
For both of them:
Click to see baby Alk
Alk is the main character and the wielder of Kheiko
. He's usually calm and responsible.
- Anti-Magic: Magic doesn't work at him.
- Badass Bookworm
- Big Brother Instinct: for Ilke even though she's the older twin.
- Childhood Friends: With Jolsah
- Childhood Friend Romance: with Mjam.
- Child Mage: knows some spells.
- Dub Name Change: To Alak in the German translations. Is thankfully still called Alk in the TV-series script according to PhenomenaWriter, still called Alke on the Filmed Imagination page.
- Hearing Voices: Alk hears Kheiko's voice inside his head, he hates it in the beginning.
- Hollywood Nerd: Well, depends how you see it, he loves to read(nerd), and is pretty. But is blonde and is an elf.
- Interspecies Romance: Mijam, whom is not an elf.
- I Didn't Mean To Turn You On: the poor kid can't catch a break! In the books is it reffered to as he's blushing a lot, just a girl looking at him makes him all red. Expect for Ilke thankfully.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: on some of the art
- Magic Knight
- Mangst: From the 6th book when Sha-ra dies, it gets worse when Ilke dies.
- Official Couple: with Mijam
- Patient Childhood Love Interest: Mijam's
- The Protagonist
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: blue to Ilke, Mlillian, Arol and Jolsah, red to Sha-ra and Kheiko.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: the sensitive guy to Azur, Arol and Jolsah's manly men personalities.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Can talk to any kind of animal.
- Two Girls and a Guy: the guy.
- Unstoppable Rage: after Ilke is killed.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: has no idea what love is when he falls for Mijam.
Click to see baby Ilke
Ilke is the more curious of the two and easily gets herself in trouble. She often refuses to admit it when she's scared, even when she cries. Being Raised by Dudes
without any real mother or big sister figure in her life, is she clearly a Tomboy
. On their journey when they meet women does she pick up a few traits from them. Has a huge love for mothers, almost to the point of Les Yay
, and really enjoys their scent and tone of voice.
She does not have much control of her powers in the beginning, causing her to hurt Alk badly once. But once she can control them does she mainly use them to help rather than to fight. She is the most fighting for Slave Liberation
, seeing a slave causes her to free them. She can however be shy around strangers and then Alk has to talk for her. Got an invincibility cloak
from the Air Prophets which she's really proud of.
- Action Girl
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: can be said for both, and according to Sir Thomas would they be diagnosed with it if they lived on Earth, but Ilke has it more clearly.
- Badass Adorable
- Brilliant but Lazy: Sleeps in class but knows much of the things Alk thought only he caught up.
- Character Development: she grows from being a "fearless" Tomboy who never admits being scared, to a Tomboy with a Girly Streak whom speaks more openly about her own feelings, including fear.
- Childhood Friends: With Jolsah and Mijam.
- Dark Blue Hair Pale Blue Skin: Well, at least according to the German covers
- Daugher of the Frost(Frostens Datter)
- Dead Girl On Display: type 1
- Defrosting Ice Queen: subverted
- Frost Child
- Genki Girl
- I Love You Because I Can't Control You: according to Word of God is this what she is looking for in an eventual partner. Someone who's as strong as herself. Finding that won't be easy.
- Jeanne d'Archétype: she even dies, if it's final is up to the fans.
- Middle Child Syndrome: in an interesting way, she is the older twin but Alk acts older and he's the main protagonist, so he gets more attention both from the story and Sha-ra. And then we got Akai, their little brother who off course gets more attention from their biological parents.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: played with, as she wasn't born as a frost child.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: changed when Hish took her.
- Raised by Dudes
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: the red to Alk's blue.
- Ship Tease: with Jolsah sometimes.
- Shipper on Deck: apparently ships Alk/Mijam in the 1st, and also ships Millian/Azur, even though she's hinted to be a Yaoi Fangirl that ships Alk/Jolsah in the 7th, which is odd considering that Alk is her brother and Jolsah is her Implied Love Interest... but then again Yaoi Fangirl shipping aren't logical.
- Slave Liberation: A
- Tomboy: justified
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: she begins becoming a little more feminine when she hangs out with Mijam, and becomes even more feminine when Millian joins them.
- Too Good For This Sinful Erda
- Town Girls: the butch.
- Two Girls and a Guy: One of the girls.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: with Jolsah sometimes.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: Few notice her blue skin and hair.
- Woman in Black: wears a black dress along with having her her in a braid in the Dragon Knights' mountain.
- Yaoi Fangirl: hinted, since she pretty much squees when she sees Alk and Jolsah hug.
Tropes that fit all of them:
Their adoptive father and a great wizard. Carries Phenomena
Arol is one of the princes of the winter lands, where winter bears trive. He, his brother, and his father, the king, was going to visit Aldra. His father and brother was killed and Arol barely managed to escape. As he escaped from the mortoks was he saved by Sha-ra, and the two has stayed close friends ever since.
Azur used to be a normal, if not bored, sea man. But was eventually captured. While in the slave tent, is he freed by Ilke. Due to being captured is he no longer allowed to return to the sea so he sets for the desert
, where he slowly turns into a terraqus. Later he sees the other terraqusses capturing Alk and Ilke. He gives them the ability to breathe under sand and begs for their lives. After all 3 are safe is he given Ilke's sea bracelet, allowing him to once again turn into a sea man. Joins the twins for their adventure after that.
A beautiful girl from our world. She was adopted by Sir Thomas who saved her and lived with him ever since.
Joins the twins in their journey in book 3. She often uses Norwegian and English words that has no equivalent in Aldrian, which annoys Alk who has to translate. Growing up on Earth with fantasy books, games and movies is she Genre Savvy
and surprises often the other characters with facts.
King Veha, aka. Sir. Thomas Malory, the Dark Knight
Click to see how he's stated to somewhat look.
The King of Aldra whom wrote the Phenomena.
Alk's Cool Sword
Alk and Ilke's Childhood Friend
. They met when they where younger when he and his friends unknowingly stole the raft the twins built the year before. He gains some respect for them when Ilke saves one of his friends with her powers, but quickly loses it when he finds out that they're elves
. Later after they have set out on their journey does he try to rob Sha-ra's castle, only to be found by Sha-ra himself whom came there to get a remedy for Ilke. Sha-ra brought him along to keep him silent, and after a while he befriends the twins even though he acts like a jerk to Ilke. And only wants to go home to his father, the mortok cheftain. Later he realizes that he might have a crush on her, and tries to convince his father to set the elves free due to the friendships that now are dear to him.
Harti & Khiri
Alk and Ilke's parents. They are slaves of the mortoks. Harti is a strong yet nervous man, while Khiri is braver. Even though they are important to the story are they not in the battle against Sherpa.
The Air Prophets: Zazasar, Naomin & Altaz
Phantelom's child, adopted
by Alk and Ilke after they saved Phantelom and she wanted them to raise him.
Alk and Ilke's friend. She's one year older than them. She's never described in much detail other that she's a girl and lives in the desert. According to the board game has her people dark skin but neither the game provides a picture even though it claims she teaches the player a combat tecnique.
He's introduced in the very first chapter of the 4th book. An adventurous young elf who escapes from the elf village, much to his parents chagrin. He's used to pain and has many scars. In his escape to be free is he badly hurt sereval times, and even caught by mortoks again. He's actually Harti and Khiri's second son and third child.
The one Phenomena says they are going to defeat on the Gredom Fields. Is matarized negative thoughts. Can transform into a black cloud he use to travel. Can control angry adults, but not children
.The crurrent Tarkan is Mentor, Sha-ra's jalous brother whom didn't get anything. He also was the one whom sat fire on the castle.
It is King Veha
he's holding there...
King of the country in the north.
Azur's older brother. Not much can be said about him other that he's a really bad person. He's also more or less responsible for their mother's death by making Azur follow him to Kraken's den. Is killed by Azur in the end.
The winter spirit whom gave Ilke her powers. His name is pronounced Hish. Not much is known about him other that he's power hungry and for some reason wants to fulfill the frost child part of the prophecy very much, even trying to make both kids frost children.
Tarkan's previous wife.
A mysterious girl living in the DranAkhos forest.