- The Danza: Jennifer Connelly as Jennifer Corvino
- Executive Meddling: Was edited down and released in the United States as Creepers, which wasn't well-received. The Director's Cut was released on DVD to better acclaim.
- Reality Subtext: Argento's own mother abandoned the family after a phone call from her paramour, just like Jennifer's.
The Book Series
- Cash Cow Franchise: Subverted, while having the potential of becoming it does Gyldendal mainly chose to ignore it.
- Covers Always Lie: Quite minor but on Gyldendal's pages for the 3rd edition of the first book is there no Alk and Ilke on the cover. However ordering it, you'll get a book with them on the cover. The time you could still order paperbacks was they on the cover on that one's picture. So keeping the mistaken image is a really weird oversight.
- Fandom Life Cycle: stage 6 A, although big are Norwegian fans usually really quiet so unless it's foreign with more fans, the law of Jante sets in. Stage X is sure to come to some extent when the TV-series arrives.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: according to Eliassen himself does he write based on how he feels at the moment.
- Release Date Change: The 7th book was aparently going to be released much earlier than November 2011, but due to the terror attack did Eliassen wait as he couldn't bring himself to bring fan favorite Ilke's death that close to when so many had at least lost one friend around her age, more death.
- What Could Have Been: The book series was supposed to become Picture Books instead as Eliassen was mainly an illustrator, but Gyldendal wanted it to be more mature looking so he could only draw the covers and book part illustrations. Later it did get picture books but these were drawn by Øystein Runde which provided very different artwork for the characters compared to their Canon counterparts.
The Live-Action Series
- Ascended Fanon: Word of Saint Paul found it interesting when a fan pointed out that Ilke is Ambiguously Bi and might add it as canon to the TV-series. Word of God favorited the tweet, making it more likely to become canon in the TV-series. You can find said tweet here.
- Dawson Casting: The models on the poster are much older than Alk and Ilke, since they are supposed to be 10 years old, at least in the beginning of the story.
- Development Hell