"This is made not for little girls who kiss posters goodnight, but for those who lick them."Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson (born 13th May, 1986) is an English actor who first rose to prominence with his role in the Film of the Book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as Cedric Diggory before achieving fame almost overnight as Edward Cullen in the film adaptations of Twilight. He's since worked on a few other projects as well, some of which have been critically acclaimed such as Good Time and The Lost Cityof Z.
— Empire Magazine on the Robsessed DVD.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
- How to Be (2008)
- Twilight series (2008-2012)
- Remember Me (2010)
- Water for Elephants (2011)
- Cosmopolis (2012)
- The Rover (2014)
- Maps to the Stars (2014)
- The Lost City of Z (2017)
- Good Time (2017)
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Invoked by himself.
- He views Edward as a creepy stalker that hates himself, and plays him as such.
- And related to the man himself, there are those that are convinced he was the one that leaked Midnight Sun, though he denies it..
- Groupie Brigade: A Real Life incident with one nearly ended his life. He made the mistake of dashing out into the street, upon which he was struck down by a car. He was not pleased with the mob.
- Hatedom: Pattinson is the rare actor who is a member of the Hatedom of his own franchise. It's common Tumblr wisdom that "nobody hates Twilight more than Rob Pattinson hates Twilight." Thanks to that, the demographic you'd expect to be his biggest hatedom (straight dudes) actually doesn't have a problem with him at all, agreeing with him about the franchise's quality and finding his reasons for starring in the series (a big paycheck and a chance to repeatedly mack on an attractive actress) to be pretty easy to get behind.
- It's telling when he says that his interpretation of Edward is one of a socially maladjusted loser.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Most people who hate Twilight still like him due to his constant snarky comments on the series and the fact that he is a lot more lively than his vampire alter ego.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: He actually has a pretty decent American accent, but he does slip at times.
- Selling the Show: Averted, with Twilight.
- This Loser Is You: His interpretation of Edward is this trope, portraying him as a dysfunctional loser who has No Social Skills. Not that it stopped the fangirls.