"This is made not for little girls who kiss posters goodnight, but for those who lick them."Robert Pattinson (born 13th May, 1986) is an English actor who first rose to prominence with his role in the Film of the Book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire as Cedric Diggory before achieving fame almost overnight as Edward Cullen in the film adaptations of Twilight. He's working on a few other projects as well, notably The Rover and Maps To The Stars.
— Empire Magazine on the Robsessed DVD.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Invoked by himself.
- He views Edward as a creepy stalker that hates himself, and plays him as such.
- And related to the man himself, there are those that are convinced he was the one that leaked Midnight Sun, though he denies it.
- Hatedom: Pattinson is the rare actor who is a member of the Hatedom of his own franchise. It's common Tumblr wisdom that "nobody hates Twilight more than Rob Pattinson hates Twilight." Thanks to that, the demographic you'd expect to be his biggest hatedom (straight dudes) actually doesn't have a problem with him at all, agreeing with him about the franchise's quality and finding his reasons for starring in the series (a big paycheck and a chance to repeatedly mack on an attractive actress) to be pretty easy to get behind.
- It's telling when he says that his interpretation of Edward is one of a socially maladjusted loser.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Most people who hate Twilight still like him due to his constant snarky comments on the series and the fact that he is a lot more lively than his vampire alter ego.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: He actually has a pretty decent American accent, but he does slip at times.
- Selling The Show: Averted, with Twilight.
- This Loser Is You: His interpretation of Edward is this trope, portraying him as a socially maladjusted loser who has No Social Skills. Not that it stopped the fangirls.