Characters: Inu Yasha Other Villains
open/close all folders
Mistress Centipede (Mukade Jōrō)
The very first hostile demon in the series, is the one who kidnaps Kagome and drag her beyond the well. She's killed pretty quickly by Inu Yasha.
Voiced by: Rei Igarashi
(JP), Pauline Newstone (EN), Sonia Scotti (IT)
- Artistic License - Biology: Her centipede body has a snake-like skeleton. Given that she's a demon though, this may be justified.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Anime only.
- Bowdlerise: Her breast size is reduced in the Viz dub.
- Creepy Centipedes and Snake People: She has the lower body of a centipede.
- Cute Monster Girl: Her human part is actually pretty attractive... until she opens her mouth and reveals her fangs.
- Dark Action Girl: Less of a girl and more of your garden variety monster
- Fan Disservice: Her monstrous form.
- Full-Frontal Assault: As a strict animalistic carnivore, she doesn't feel the need to wear clothes
- Half The Demoness She Used To Be: Episode 147, set sometime before Kikyo's death, shows her being cut in half by Hiraikotsu - wielded at that time by Sango's grandfather, Shako - in a battle for the Shikon no Tama.
- Immortality Inducer: Via Shikon no Tama. Unlike other villains, she's rejuvenated just by being near it.
- Healing Factor: Due to the Shikon Jewel, she's able to regenerate limbs
- Made of Plasticine: She gets splattered all over the place by Inuyasha.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: When she opens her mouth.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: Has six arms, and thats without counting the huge number of insectile legs all over her body. And she's still a menace even without arms, seen when she bites a chunck of flesh from Kagome.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: Sport breasts in her human form. Said breasts were apparently reduced in size in the English dub.
- Older Than They Look: Inuyasha calls her an old hag (although this may not have had anything to do with her age, and may instead have been a shot against her vanity, with Inuyasha's typical rudeness).
- One-Winged Angel: Sheds her human skin and transforms into a grotesque monster after eating the Shikon Jewel. Still useless against Inuyasha.
- Overly-Long Tongue: Seen when she licks Kagome's face.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Again, her monstrous form.
- Starter Villain: A tougher one than most
- We Hardly Knew Ye Played with. In episode 147 we were given her backstory fifty years ago a bit.
- The Worf Effect: For Kagome and the villagers she's an unstoppable, immortal killer machine. For Inu Yasha she's a mere pest.
- Youkai: Centipede Mononoke/Omukade. Her mouth may be a nod to the Kuchisake Onna myth.
Yura of the Hair
One of the first dangerous villains seen in the series, she appears as a skimpy dressed ninja girl who can manipulate hair like wires. Her true form is a cursed haircomb.
Voiced by: Akiko Yajima
(JP), Chiara Zanni (EN), Liliana Barba (LA SP), Perla Liberatori (IT)
The Raiju Brothers
A pair of Raiju
looking for the Jewel, they murdered and skinned Shippo's father. The younger brother, Manten is big and beastly and obsessed with his lack of hair. The eldest brother Hiten is more human looking and wields a lightning pike.
Voiced by: Nobutoshi Canna
(Hiten) and Tetsu Inada
(Manten) (JP), Andrew Francis
(Hiten) and Alvin Sanders (Manten) (EN), Gabriel Ortiz (Hiten) and Jorge Ornelas (Manten) (LA SP), Stefano Crescentini (Hiten) and Nanni Baldini (Manten) (IT), Remi Caillebot (Hiten) and Pierre-Stefan Montagnier (Manten) (FR)
- Berserk Button: DO NOT do anything to Manten's hair.
- Hiten goes really apeshit when his brother confesses that he accidentally let the Shikon Jewel fragments go and took Kagome instead. He also goes berserk after his brother's death.
- Blade on a Stick: Hiten's weapon, the Raigekijin.
- Breath Weapon: Manten's power.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones - Villainous Valor: Hiten and Manten really love each other, to the point that Hiten cries when Manten is killed. The anime made it into a real Tear Jerker.
- Flight: Manten use a dark thundercloud, Hiten has two wheel thingies hovering next to his feet.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Hiten's fate.
- Kick the Dog: Hiten bloodily kills a demon girl (as in, "punch her through her head") purely for being next to him when Manten tells him something that upsets him greatly. Manten kills and skins Shippou's dad, then mocks Shippo's grief over it.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Manten's fate.
- Shock and Awe: Their powers.
- Villainous Valor: Hiten really cares for his little brother, even if he threatens him.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Played with. In the anime, it shows that Manten was the unfavorite due to inheriting his mother's looks, and that Hiten always looked out for him in spite of this
- Youkai: Raiju, of course.
An old oni witch known for creating living clay puppets. She's the one who resurrects Kikyo in a body of bone dust and dirt in order to have a powerful servant, but is eventually destroyed by her.
Voiced by: Yoshiko Ohta (JP), Cathy Weseluck (EN), Magda Giner (LA SP), Alina Moradei (IT)
A creepy painter owning a demonic ink made from a mixture of ink, blood and entrails with a fragment of the Shikon Jewel in it, capable of bringing his painting to life. His story in the anime is different.
Voiced by: Bin Shimada
(JP), Terry Klassen (EN), Ricardo Tejedo (LA SP), Luigi Ferraro (IT)
- Art Initiates Life: Thanks to his special "ink" he can make paintings of ogres and monsters who can become alive. Is also shown that reproducing a person with said ink will steal the person's soul.
- Dirty Coward: Begs for his dirty life when cornered. Justified as he's just a human.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In the manga, he accidentally wounds his arm while running from Inu Yasha, and the demonic ink, smelling the blood, jumps out of his flask and consume him like a blob monster.
- Too Dumb to Live: In the anime, he wounds himself on purpose before relesing the Ink, which ages him to death.
- Loners Are Freaks
- Nightmare Fetishist: He used to search for inspiration in battlefields, looking at the mutilated corpses, always liked to draw ogres and devils torturing people and found "fascinating" the light of the Shikon Shard in a pool of blood and spilt organs.
- Oh Crap: When the ink starts to devour him.
- Serial Killer: He killed many people to replenish his reserves of livers and blood. Eventually he was forced to leave the capital and look for victims in the countryside. Now he uses his demons to collect the ingredients.
- Stalker with a Crush: Towards the princess.
- Summon Magic: Can summon giant ogres (or whole armies of them) from his paintings.
- Youkai: The monsters he summons are Oni and Shoki (the latter being a little, murderous ogre-like imp).
A normal man who wanted to become a hermit. In the Manga, he appears in Volume 9 (right before Sango's arrival) and is a cannibalistic hermit who's trying to obtain an immortality elixir by turning people into a demonic tree, the Jinmenka. Is ultimately defeated by Inu Yasha. In the anime, the Jinmenka tree is actually evil and Tokajin is supplying it with fresh corpses in order to obtain an immortality elixir, but is eventually backstabbed and absorbed. Also, he appears much later than in the manga.
Voiced by: Hideyuki Hori (JP), Sam Vincent (EN), Jorge Ornelas (LA SP), Roberto Stocchi (IT)
- Big Eater: Of people. He also keeps whole jugs of digestive potion in his mansion, just in case.
- Blood Knight: When Human!Inu Yasha stumbles upon his fault immortality elixir (a concoction made from people which restore wounds), he orders him to drink some, as fighting a weakling like him isn't funny.
- Bowdlerise: In the anime, he just shrink people and then, when they're mature, feed them to the Jinmenka. In the manga, we first see him blocking one of his runaway disciples and devour his remains onscreen.
- Death from Above: One of his attacks? Jump high in the air and bodyslam Inu Yasha with his humongous belly.
- Disney Villain Death: How he dies in the manga. In the anime he's grabbed by Jinmenka's roots.. which possess him, making him a target for Inu Yasha's Wind Scar.
- Dull Surprise: Upon seeing Inu Yasha kicking his door down. He only worries about the fact that his flesh will be bad and hard to digest.
- Evil Sorcerer: A Sennin (a hermit-like man said to have magical powers).
- Eye Scream: In the manga, he has his right eye gouged by a thorn.
- Fat Bastard: So obese that Tessaiga would bounce off his belly (also thanks to a Shikon Shard in his bellybutton).
- Freudian Excuse: Apparently he came from a really miserable background, so he came to despise normal humans and decided to become a sage to avoid all the troubles that people have. It barely makes him more sympathetic.
- Green Thumb: Can summon flowers and spiked roots with his staff. He also turned his master in a human-headed flower.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: In the anime, he's absorbed by Jinmenka's roots.
- I Am A Humanitarian; He though that he could gain hermit powers faster by eating his master, and that's how it started. Manga only.
- I Have You Now, My Pretty: Subverted: When he finds an unconscious Kagome he has her bathed... in sake, so he can eat her later.
- Just Eat Him: What he does to Inu Yasha at their first encounter (he shrinks him first).
- Lack of Empathy: He treats people like food.
- Lazy Bum: Back when he was a human. In the anime Jinmenka actually took advantage of this side of his personality.
- Manipulative Bastard: In the manga, he manipulated several unlucky souls into becoming his "disciples". In the anime not so much, as he is the manipulated one.
- Meaningful Name: "Peach Man".
- Non-Standard Character Design: Tokajin is drawn with an eerie vaguely human design compared to the Bishōnen or down right hideous characters in the series, as well as being plump. His "human" self was still uncanningly skinny.
- One-Winged Angel: Turns into a rock monster thanks to the Shikon fragment.
- Petal Power: Can summon magical flowers thats shrinks people.
- Stupid Evil: There's not much to say about this guy, really: he doesn't have long term plans or something, just to eat people and fruits and prepare elixirs.
- Womb Level: When Inu Yasha is swallowed, he has to figure out a way to leave his stomach as he's turning back to human.
An old evil demon who used to be Totosai's disciple, before being rejected for his brutal and inhuman ways. He forges the Tokijin sword for Sesshomaru but is possessed by the blade and eventually destroyed by it.
Voiced by: Takeshi Aono
(JP), Robert O. Smith (EN), Carlos del Campo (LA SP), Saverio Moriones (IT)
A moth demon masquerading as an effeminate leader of a group of bloodthirsty bandits, he delights in devouring women by sucking them dry.
Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu (JP), Adam Henderson (EN), José Luis Reza (LA SP), Massimo Corizza (IT)
- Asshole Victim Inuyasha in his fully awakened demonized form kills him and his men in a gory manner, the same group that had just murdered an entire village and had women they've captured to be eaten alive by their master.
- An Axe to Grind: A rather big one that Gatenmaru wields, contrasting his delicate appearence.
- Blow You Away: Does this in his real form with poisonous gusts of wind.
- Clipped Wing Angel: His true form, a demonic moth, was taken out instantly by a demonized Inuyasha with even more ease than Goshinki was.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: See Clipped Wing Angel for more details
- Fantastic Racism: Like most demons, views Inuyasha as an inferior for being a half breed
- For the Evulz: He seems to eat women for pleasure rather than satisfying his stomach
- Guyliner: Wears lipstick.
- Humans Are Bastards: Not him obviously, but his men who are just arguably worse for following him even after revealing he was a human eating demon, with little to no remorse for their actions as The Reveal of their boss being a demon, in fact became more enthralled in their cruelty after this was revealed. Likely to make them less sympathetic when Inu Yasha butchers them all.
- Karmic Death: He and his men are slaughtered in a brutal way by a demon Inuyasha for the hedonistic slaughter and gorging of the villagers
- Kick the Dog: He eats a village woman in front of Inuyasha to show how helpless he was before he died.
- Poison Is Corrosive: His poison can dissolve whatever it touches slowly while making the victim paralyzed
- Poison Is Evil: He taunts Inuyasha in a very sadistic way while trying to dissolve him and Miroku with his poison.
- Sissy Villain: Looks like one, but prefers women to eat.
- Youkai: A really nasty bigot of a moth
An elder Dragon Youkai who fought with Inu Yasha's father in the past and was sealed in a cliff, not before inflicting a fatal wound to the dog demon. He's freed from his seal by Naraku in order to kill Inu Yasha.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: A dragon with a human face, but unlike most, he is very intelligent for his size.
- Badass: Anyone who managed to lay a fatal blow on Inu no Taisho is this by default. In fact he's so high above the other characters, that he could only be defeated by his own power after taking all of Inuyasha's most powerful attacks before that point.
- Blood Knight: Smug Super aside, why else would he stick around the place he was sealed to fight Inuyasha other then for exercise after being locked up for over a century?
- Breath Weapon: Spits lightning bolts from his dragon mouth.
- Bullet Seed: In addition to his pink lightning, he can fire lightning bullets out of his mouth.
- Defeating the Undefeatable: Inu Yasha's purpose was to pierce his heart with Tessaiga to make it more powerful.
- Facial Markings: His human face.
- Foreshadowing: He's the first youkai in the story to be identified as a daiyoukai and he was sealed with a fang through the heart. Stabbing him through the heart could not kill him. He's too powerful for that kind of death to work on him. Towards the end of the manga, Sesshoumaru gets stabbed through the heart and everyone thinks he's dead. However, it neither kills nor seals him. Instead it unlocks his true power and he gains daiyoukai status.
- Hero Killer: Killed Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's father via fatal wounds
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Killed by the Bakuryuha attack, that uses his own energy against him.
- Made of Iron: Claims that his body is invincible and survived when his heart was impaled. He really is that tough, scoffing off blows from Inuyasha's demonized form and the Wind Scar. It's for this reason, Inu no Taisho had difficulty defeating him.
- Our Dragons Are Different: Is gigantic and has a smaller human face on his forehead. Said face speaks too.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Naraku destroyed the seal.
- Shock and Awe: Pink lightning.
- Smarter than You Look: He's quite intelligent, as well as very powerful.
- Smug Super: He views himself highly, and it's not surprising as he was a demon of the highest caliber and managed to inflict fatal wounds on Inu no Taisho, the strongest character in the series.
- Sorting Algorithm of Evil: Downplayed. When he was introduced, he was the strongest opponent Inuyasha had faced thus far. He is definitely is more powerful than Goshinki and Naraku, in fact can be called the 2nd strongest demon in the series for landing fatal blows on Inu no Taiso, the strongest demon. However, he is taken out in one blow by Inuyasha's Bakuryuha, when demons and humans of far lesser caliber were capable of withstanding blows of this attack.
- Arguably, this is because he's stronger. The Bakuryuha takes the attack sent at Inuyasha and sends it back doubled. Lesser beings would have less to add to it.
- This Cannot Be!: His reaction to the Bakuryuha rending his body to pieces.
- You Killed My Father: Ultimately, responsible for Inuyasha's father's death. Subverted in that Inu Yasha didn't care about avenging his father. He was there to improve his sword.
- Youkai: Not your typical dragon, that's for sure.
and a contemporary of Kikyo. Tsubaki felt that she, not Kikyo, should be entrusted with the Shikon Jewel; when that didn't happen, her jealousy drove her to become a black miko
Voiced by: Miho Satou (JP), Sharon Alexander (EN), Monica Manjarrez
(LA SP), Laura Lenghi (IT)
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: When young. Rare villainous example
- Always Someone Better: Kikyo was this for her, too.
- Curse: Her specialty.
- Dark Chick: Even though she is pretty powerful, she never fights directly or physically.
- Driven by Envy: Envied Kikyou because she was chosen over her to keep the Shikon no Tama.
- Evil Counterpart: To Kikyou
- Eye Scream: When Kagome deflects her snake familiar's attack, it's absorbed into her left eye. We later learn that Kikyou did that to her too.
- And later in the anime, she absorbs a demon through her eye, and that's also where Naraku's insects go trhough when they take the Shikon Jewel away from her.
- Hoist By Her Own Petard: Has her snake familiar redirected against her. Twice.
- Hot Witch: Well, an attractive dark priestess
- Kick the Dog: Contaminating the Shikon shards she has handy with her miasma, which causes Kagome incredible pain.
- Manipulative Bitch: Especially to Momiji and Botan
- Miko :Was one prior her Face-Heel Turn
- Paper Master: Used shikigami in the form of paper animals to cast spells.
- The Rival: To Kikyou.
- Vain Sorceress: One of her biggest motivations to serve Naraku was that the Shikon Shards he gave her restored her youth.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In the manga after she defeated, one of Naraku's wasps takes back the jewel shard he loaned her and she never heard from again The anime fixes this by adding a filler in which she hangs onto the jewel a little longer and uses it to merge into a powerful ogre demon to defeat the heroes. She fails once again and rapidly ages to dust due to using up all her power.
- Though it doesn't show it, the manga heavily implies she dies right after Naraku's saimyosho robs her of the Shikon jewel shard since all the demons to whom she sold her soul in exchange for youth died in the battle against Inuyasha. And since she doesn't show up ever again after that...
- Woman in Black
An old, giant Bat demon. He uses his very young granddaughter, Shiori
, to keep up a powerful barrier on his lands.
Voiced by: Ryuuji Saikachi (JP), Scott McNeil
(EN), Gerardo Vásquez (LA SP), Vittorio Di Prima (IT)
The head of an ancient and powerful Oni who was defeated by a feudal lord and buried under his castle. Now, it's causing paranormal events in the Demon Head Castle.
Voiced by: Hiromi Tsuru
(JP), Elena Ramírez (LA SP), Raffaella Castelli (It)
A Buddhist priest who agreed to sacrifice his life to save his people, but as he waited to die he succumbed to despair. He's responsible for the powerful barrier surrounding Mount Hakurei.
Voiced by: Fumio Matsuoka (JP), Hiro Kanagawa (EN), Gonzalo Curiel (LA SP)
- Anti-Villain: He merely had Heroic Self-Deprecation Up to Eleven for his fear of death, something Naraku took advantage of to make a use of him.
- Badass Grandpa: He managed to place the biggest barrier in the series, despite being not only dead, but emancipated to extremes, and technically he was not beaten by Miroku.
- Barrier Warrior: One with Anti-Magic and Power Nullifier skills so great, that he was able to create an enormous barrier which either greatly weakened or killed demons and suppressed all kinds of spiritual powers while also reversing Inuyasha to his human form.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Subverted, he's sane compared to the Band of Seven
- Buried Alive: And it brought him to despair
- Despair Event Horizon: He was a human monk who offered himself to be Buried Alive for the well-being of his village. As his death neared, he got more and more scared and despaired, and Naraku used this to make him his servant.
- Evil Counterpart: To Kikyou, who while embittered had a ray of hope compared to his own despair
- Evil Old Folks: Subverted, he was more of a a very embittered Anti-Villain.
- Heel-Face Turn: Courtesy of Naraku
- Heroic Sacrifice: Deconstructed very much the first time
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: He heavily blamed himself for having a fear of death
- Holy Hand Grenade: His barrier of holiness
- I Don't Want to Die: The entire reason for his Heel-Face Turn and it's played sympathetically.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Unlike the Band of Seven, he didn't regenerate his looks prior his death.
- Token Good Teammate: He's one of the few decent people that has come to Naraku's services
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: Very much so, a humble man who did nothing, but good for other, but he blamed himself for being flawed and so joined Naraku.
- The Undead: Unlike the Band Of Seven, he looks the part of a mummified corpse.
A giant demon horse wreathed in flames. He's released by Hakudoshi and serve as his steed for a while before getting destroyed by Inu Yasha. The anime gave him a backstory.
- Adaptation Expansion: The anime gives some time to him and shows his former master, a naginata-wielding ogre named Rengokuki.
- Breath Weapon: Can spew fire.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Inu Yasha deals with him in one blow.
- In the manga at least, in the anime it does take some creativity to beat him as Inuyasha can't hit him due to this speed. So he tricks Entei into following him into a cave where there is narrow space to dodge and finishes him with a wind scar.
- Flaming Hair
- Hellish Horse
- Playing with Fire: He's costantly on fire.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Was sealed inside a mountain by a powerful monk. When the Infant kills the monk, he's released.
- Super Speed
Gozu and Mezu
The guardians of the gate to the Underworld, they can't be harmed by any mortal weapon.
Voiced by: Susumu Chiba
(Gozu) & Naoki Makishima (Mezu) (JP), Michael Kopsa
(Gozu) & Jason Simpson (Mezu) (EN), Javier Rivero (Gozu) & Gabriel Ortiz (Mezu) (LA SP), Federico Di Pofi (Gozu) & Stefano Billi (Mezu) (It)
- Adaptational Attractiveness: Gozu and Mezu are usually portrayed as huge ogres with the heads of a bull and a horse. Here they're shown as rather attractive male statues with a half fiendish face in their chests.
- Blade on a Stick: Gozu wields a Sasumata (Spear with a crescent-shaped blade), Mezu uses a traditional Spear.
- I Let You Win: They surrended to Sesshomaru when the latter pulls out Tenseiga, as it's the only weapon capable of hurting them.
- Mistaken for Granite
- Living Statue
- MacGuffin Guardian: They're the keepers of the Gates to the Netherworld.
- No Sell: Inu Yasha's power is useless against them.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: They're the original ones, though they don't seem to display much personality.
Princess Abi (Abi-hime)
A bird demoness who commands a vast army of demonic birds. Naraku offers her a chance to join him in his quest to defeat Inuyasha, in exchange for a cure for Abi's beloved mother Queen Tekkei — who is actually a massive bird demon that lives in a cave.
Voiced by: Saeko Shimazu
(JP), Teryl Rothery (EN), Maru Guerrero (LA SP), Laura Latini (IT)
- Animal Motifs: Bird
- Blade on a Stick: Naraku gave her a magical trident, which can make barriers and melt people. She's killed by it later when she turns against Naraku.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Tekkei decides to betray Naraku, and in turn she is killed by him. Abi herself is then also killed by Naraku.
- Dark Action Girl: She leads a whole army of blood-drinking birds.
- Devour The Dragon
- Does Not Like Shoes: Its hard to tell due to her dress but yeah shes barefoot.
- The Dragon
- Even Bad Women Love Their Mamas
- Everything's Better with Princesses: Subverted. She's anything but a Princess Classic and even less of a Naïve Everygirl. No, she's an evil, bloodthirsty bitch.
- Fangs Are Evil: When turning into a demon she sports them.
- Femme Fatalons: Grows talons on her hands when angry.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice
- Mama Bear: Her mother is fiercely protective of her. And vice versa.
- Playing with Fire: For God's sake, she rides on a freaking fire cloud!
- Ptero Soarer: The lesser demon birds under her command resembles miniature pteranodon. Then again, they're demons, so their unbirdlike appearence is justified.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: When she really gets serious, he eyes change to a blood red color and her fangs become more visible. She also grows bird-like talons in lieu of hands.
- Wouldn't Hit a Girl: Against Abi, Inuyasha remarks that he doesn't like fighting women, but she's so evil he'll make an exception. However, Naraku "gave" Abi a trident (made from his bones) that creates a defensive barrier. Eventually, it is Naraku who kills both Abi and her mother.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: This bites Abi and her mother hard in the end.
A powerful humanoid demon born from thousands of demonic bodies merged together with part of human souls. Has the dreadful ability of absorbing yokai and human alike and take over their powers. Created as a sort of Elite Mook
by Hakudoshi, he's later given a soul by Kanna, making him sentient and dangerous.
Voiced by: Masaki Terasoma (JP), Ross Douglas (EN), Roberto Draghetti (IT)
- Arc Villain: For a while he steals Naraku's role.
- The Assimilator: His powers, to a even greater extent than those of Naraku. He specifically looks for specific demons to absorb their powers into itself.
- Badass: Was able to take on almost all the main cast with just a fragment of the Shikon Jewel. This when Naraku was only capable of fending off some of them while having the mostly completed Jewel.
- Big Bad Wannabe: He tried to surpass Naraku in power (even tried to absorb him), and since it contained The Infant, aka Naraku's heart, he became very important.
- Body Horror: His grotesque transformations.
- Body of Bodies: After getting a soul.
- Butterface: Inverted: he has a rather pretty face on an eldritch body.
- Combat Tentacles: The most recurring use of his powers.
- Energy Absorption: His body can absorb youki (demonic energy).
- Flesh Golem: Originally was one, before getting the Infant inside him.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Turns out, Naraku's a bit too hard to digest... let alone assimilate.
- Humanoid Abomination
- Made of Iron/Made of Plasticine: No, it's not a contraddiction: one of his earlier powers was to make himself either really hard (to protects himself from attacks) or to make himself extremely soft, in order to assimilate people.
- Made Of Diamond: After absorbing the shell of Meiouju (a turtle demon) and the Adamant Barrage.
- Meaningful Name: Moryou is a very old and outdated word for "dark monster".
- One-Winged Angel: Three of them, actually, as he grows stronger.
- A specifically battle-one happens during the battle against Inuyasha and Koga: after losing nearly all his body to the Dragon-Scaled Tessaiga and Goraishi, Moryomaru discards his useless bodyparts and turned into a floating orb-like being covered in diamond plates with tentacles.
- Poisonous Person: Has the same miasma as Naraku.
- Power Copying: His last form can use Inu Yasha's Adamantine Barrage.
- Power Parasite
- Puppeteer Parasite: His pieces of flesh, Including Goryomaru's arm, can be used to merge with other yokai and manipulate them.
- Shape Shifter Mashup
- Shock and Awe: Raimeihou (Thunderclap Cannon).
- Soulless Shell: Kinda at first, see Flesh Golem above.
- Spikes of Villainy
- Winged Humanoid
A dragon-demon whose scales can absorb demonic energy. He possess an energy-sucking shield and is in cahoots with a human swordsmith, Toshu, forcing him to forge the Dakki (Ablative Demon), a scaled energy-absorbing sword. Is defeated by Inu Yasha.
Voiced by: Hajime Iijima (JP)
A human swordsmith with a scaled scar on his eye, he was forced by Ryujin to use its scales to forge the Dakki, a sword capable of sucking demonic energy and store it. He's actually the mastermind and wants to use the sword to rule over the world, but is defeated and his Dakki's power is absorbed by the Tessaiga.
Voiced by: Nobuo Tobita (JP), Leonardo Graziano (IT)
An ancient turtle-like youkai, whose shell was said to be unbreachable, was killed by a monk long ago, and part of his armor stolen. Moryomaru brings him back to like in order to manipulate him, so that he can add its armor to his body. He fights against Inuyasha, resisting his Adamantine Barrage, but is eventually manipulated by Moryomaru and assimilated.
Voiced by: Tadahisa Saizen (JP)
- Achilles' Heel: Only his shell is invulnerable. The rest of his body (head and legs) is soft.
- Idiot Ball: Justified In-Universe: he's doing pretty well against Inuyasha, but suddenly Moryomaru's fragment inside him take over his mind and force him to take the final blow, so that he can obtain the strongest defense and strongest attack at the same time.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: By Inuyasha's Adamantine Barrage in the neck and legs.
- Made Of Diamond: His shell is said to be the strongest in all the demon world.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Starts storming castles left and right upon being awakened, looking for his missing plate.
- Shock and Awe: Can attack by summoning electrical spheres and hurling them.
- Spikes of Villainy: After rebuilding his shell.
- Spin to Deflect Stuff: Does this after retracting the soft parts in his shell.
- Turtle Power: A demon one.
- Unwitting Pawn: Moryomaru's playing him like a flute.
- Youkai: His chimeric body, tiger paws and black cloud liken him to a Nue.
A hermit who turned into a vegetal monster who can regenerate at will thanks to a special sacred organ called "Seimeikan" (Life Duct), which Inuyasha has to cut so that the Dragon Scaled Tessaiga may be purified. He's sent by Naraku so that Inuyasha may gain an edge on Moryomaru.
- Achilles' Heel: The source of his healing powers, the Seimeikan. Is located inside his body and protected by a holy aura.
- Combat Tentacles: Or rather, roots.
- Evil Old Folks: Was an old human sennin, before turning into a plant-demon by unknown means.
- Green Thumb: He's a plant-like monster who can manipulate roots and restore his power by draining energy from plantlife.
- Losing Your Head: Being beheaded for him is a minor hindrance, as he can grow back a new head and the sliced head can still float and move on its own.
- Poison Is Corrosive: His body releases poisonous aura, which is also corrosive.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: Thinks that he can take on the whole Inuyasha gang with only one fragment.
- Unwitting Pawn: For Naraku himself.
- Was Once a Man: Used to be a human hermit. According to Sango, several youkai were once people.
Kinka and Ginka
Two demon brothers from a clan of Youkai who are born with two torsoes on one body. They both survived to adulthood and so they costantly fight each other to no end, causing collateral distruction all around them. Naraku sends Moryoumaru to them as their blood can reinforce his body shield, forcing Inu Yasha and co to help them out.
Voiced by: Makoto Yasumura (Kinka) and Daisuke Endou (Ginka) (JP)
Once a powerful demon, got half of his head banished to hell by Inu Yasha's father. Later un the series, he comes back to fight Sesshomaru. Was the original wielder of the Meido Zangetsuha technique, which was absorbed into Tessaiga and sealed thanks to Tenseiga.
Voiced by: Osamu Sakuta (JP), Flavio Aquilone (IT)
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy
- Casting a Shadow: His powers.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Meido Zangetsuha.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Back in the past, Inu no Taisho stole his technique and used it to seal half of his face to hell. Later Sesshomaru use a huge Meido Zangetsuha to banish him to hell once and for all.
- Meaningful Name: His name roughly translates to "Demonic Death God".
- Simple Staff: Which he uses to summon the Meido Zangestuha.
- Story Breaker Power: One hit and you're send to hell. Enjoy the afterlife.
- White Hair, Black Heart
- Warrior Therapist: A villainous example. He deliberately turns up while Sesshoumaru is emotionally vulnerable fully aware of what happened and why Sesshoumaru couldn't fully master Tenseiga. Inuyasha's arrival allows him to immediately realise the half breed younger brother was chosen over Sesshoumaru to receive Tessaiga. Most of the fight consists of Shishinki insightfully exposing every single one of Sesshoumaru's fears over the meaning of the two swords and whether it's proof his father hated him. This culminates in the Awful Truth, causing an Heroic BSOD that lasts beyond the fight and takes a while for Sesshoumaru to recover from.
An ancient demon born from several demons merged with the soul of a human, in the past he was vanquished by Midoriko and killed her at the same time, creating the Shikon Jewel. Late in the story, he decides to take things into its tentacles by manifesting a body from Naraku's discarded ones and helps him completing the Shikon Jewel, but is eventually defeated by Sesshomaru. Inside Naraku, Magatsuhi tries to possess Inuyasha but is eventually vaquished again and vanishes when the Jewel is wished out of existance by Kagome.
Voiced by: Takeshi Kusao (JP), Michael Dobson (EN), Alessandro Quarta (IT)
- Body of Bodies: He was created in the same way as Naraku. His mummy in the sacred cavern shows him having a dragon-like body with tentacles, ogre's heads, spider limbs and other various appendages randomly jutting around.
- Bullying a Dragon: It doesn't matter if you're a uber-powerful eldritch demon from the past, you should not taunt Sesshomaru.
- Combat Tentacles
- The Corrupter: Due to his enormous demonic aura, can corrupt things simply by being near them.
- Demonic Possession: Born when a horde of demons of various kinds (dragons, devils, spiders and oni alike) forcefully possessed a human who was in love with Midoriko. Later does this to Inu Yasha.
- Dirty Coward: Avoids meeting Kagome as much as possible, fearing her exorcising powers.
- Early-Bird Cameo: The mummified corpse first appear around volume 10, and named. About 30/40 volumes laters, he becomes important.
- Eldritch Abomination: What happens when many, many demons really want someone dead.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Was a bunch of lesser demons that merged into an Eldritch Abomination that was capable of killing a divine level priestess and nearly killing Sesshomaru
- Fusion Dance: A bunch of demons, minus the human part unlike Naraku
- Guyliner: His human form has circled eyes and purple lipstick.
- Kick the Dog: Mocks Miroku for taking in his poisonous aura to protect Sango and Kohaku.
- Meaningful Name: Magatsuhi literally means "bent spirit", contrasting Naohi (straight spirit).
- No Body Left Behind: What happens when you piss off a Bakusaiga-wielding Sesshomaru.
- Our Dragons Are Different: While it does have a serpentine shape, he has a very eldritch shape when he's not in his preferred form
- Poisonous Person: Like nearly all the Youkai in the later part of the manga, he has a great poisonous aura.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Inside the Shikon Jewel. He goes out for a walk near the finale.
Shikon Jewel (Shikon no Tama)
The Shikon no Tama or Jewel of the Four Souls is a powerful jewel the size of a marble that grants whoever possesses it great power. It was created when the powerful Miko
Midoriko was fighting Magatsuhi, a composite Youkai
, for seven days and seven nights and by the end of the battle Midoriko ripped her own soul from her body and combined it with that of the youkai, killing both of them. Their souls merged and created the Shikon Jewel, where they keep fighting for eternity.