open/close all folders
Sonsaku Hakufu (Sun Ce)
Voiced by: Masumi Asano (Japanese), Carrie Savage (Seasons 1, 3, and 4), Angora Deb (Season 2) (English), María Fernanda Morales (Latin-American Spanish)The protagonist. A second-year transfer student at Nanyo, she is not terribly bright, but is immeasurably powerful despite being only a D-ranked fighter. She possesses a unique gift for predicting an enemy's moves very accurately by reading the flow of chi around her opponents, which occasionally makes her seem brighter than she is. For instance, she will put an end to a fight simply by stating the next moves of an opponent with frightening accuracy, breaking his will to fight after he realizes the futility of fighting her. She is also very good at "delayed striking", where she makes a feint attack in order to leave an invisible "chi bomb" which detonates moments later while the enemy's guard is down. She is skilled at "inner striking," which is another chi attack where she sends her chi into a person, causing damage to manifest at unusual places. She also inherited Master Chosho's knowledge of chi magic, and, while currently unaware of this, is able to use it partially by instinct. Chosho passed it to her spiritually while Hakufu was unconscious; this is how she healed Koukin after she stabbed him; she slept with Koukin and extracted the evil chi from his body into her own. She still has the evil chi contained inside her, and it appears on her body as a skull-like mark and is slowly creeping up to her heart.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Her hair is more blonde in the manga.
- All-Loving Hero: She doesn't resent anyone, even her enemies.
- Badass Adorable: She may be a nice person, but she can still fight when she needs to.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's one of the friendliest girls you would ever want to meet. But if you ever cross her, she will be prepared to kick your ass.
- Boisterous Bruiser: She has an exhuberant personality and can take down enemies with ease.
- Chaste Hero: Not only is she too innocent (thinking that three men picking her up to Karaoke only want to have dinner with her), she's having far too good a time fighting to even be interested in sex.
- Cool Big Sis: How Chuubou views her.
- Cute Bruiser: A cute girl who is a competent fighter.
- Easily Forgiven: The most admirable trait with this girl is that she does not hold grudges period; once the fight is over, anyone, even last-season's enemies, are affectionately embraced as friends.
- Expy: Bears a slight resemblance in appearance to Asuka Langley Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion, complete with a partnership with a Rei Ayanami Expy (Ryomou).
- Fiery Redhead: She has a passionate personality and has strawberry blonde hair.
- The Hero: The main protagonist of the series.
- Honor Before Reason: Not that she has much reason to begin with, mind you.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: She's too innocent to even think about doing something evil.
- Kindhearted Simpleton: She may act like an idiot, but she's a Nice Girl.
- Kissing Cousins: She's been lovers with Koukin for most of their lives.
- Nice Girl: A refreshingly sweet, kind and good-hearted kid who can be friends with anybody.
- Panty Fighter: Hakufu wears a pink bra and matching panties.
- Potty Failure: Hakufu often wets herself after she has been defeated; on numerous occasions, her unconscious body is shown with her urine soaking through her panties and pooling on the floor under her.
- This only happens once in the anime, when Ryomou is strangling her in the second episode.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Ryomou's blue.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Her Inner Dragon can transform her pesonality to an evil and powerful fighter.
- This Is Unforgivable!: Says this whenever she's horribly pissed off.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: Loves to fight, although she refuses to kill.
Shuuyu Koukin (Zhou Yu)
Voiced by: Satoshi Hino (Japanese), Ted Sroka (Seasons 1, 3, and 4), Ted Lewis (Season 2) (English), Héctor Emmanuel Gómez (Latin-American Spanish)Hakufu's rich cousin and a second-year student at Nanyo Academy. Although only a C-ranked fighter, his lack of confidence and his short resume of victories (or battles for that matter) keep him from becoming A-ranked despite already having the power of one. He has a crush on Hakufu. He is now one of Nanyo's Big Four, taking Kannei's place after he was defeated.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: He loves Hakufu because she used to protect him and cheer him up when they were kids.
- Dogged Nice Guy: Though not as pushy as others.
- Suffers from one in the Onsen episode of the first season when he sees Hakufu naked.
- Also suffers from one when he sees Sonken and Hakufu naked in the bath.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: Thank you, The Worf Effect.
- Weak, but Skilled: In raw power and fighting ability he's overshadowed by most of the major players, but his mastery of Ki is incredible (most notably when he literally cancelled Toutotsu's Hakka Daiseishou by balancing his ki against it in volume 7).
- The Worf Effect: Triumphantly averted later in the manga, but not by too much.
Ryomou Shimei (Lu Meng)
Voiced by: Yuko Kaida (Japanese), Willow Lane (Seasons 1, 3, and 4), Rebecca Soler (Season 2) (English), Patricia Acevedo (Latin-American Spanish)A third-year student at Nanyo Academy. Powerful and a B-rank, she is also one of Nanyo's Big Four.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: A bizarre case, the Anime kept her Blue Hair, when Xtreme Xecutor aired her hair had already transitioned to black in the manga.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: In Great Guardians.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: She used to have very long hair, but now she keeps it short.
- Hair Color Dissonance: Suddenly becomes black haired starting around Volume 15 of the manga, no reason is given, her hair just becomes black; not a one-time deal either, her hair remains consistently black all the way up to Shin Ikkitousen.
- Immodest Orgasm: Ryofu once lesbian-raped Shimei after incapacitating her, forcing Shimei to have an involuntary orgasm.
- Kinky Cuffs: It's even her Improbable Weapon.
- Not So Stoic: Notably in the Dragon Destiny OVAs.
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Bobbed blue hair, stoic behaviour and an eyepatch over one eye. For bonus points, Hakufu is a mild Expy of Asuka.
- The Stoic: Though she tries pretty hard sometimes - refer to episode 9 of first season, a.k.a. the Hot Springs Episode.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: In the anime, she has blue hair.
Saji Genpou (Zuo Ci)
Voiced by: Showtaro Morikubo (Season 1), Koji Yusa (Season 2–onwards) (Japanese), Justin Gross (Season 1), Wayne Grayson (Season 2), Liam O'Brien (seasons 3 and 4) (English), Víctor Ugarte (Latin-American Spanish)A third-year student at Nanyo Academy. His actual ranking as a fighter is unknown, but in fights he has shown himself to be an A-rank easily. One of his primary goals as Ouin was to remove Totaku from power.
- Handsome Lech: He is perverted but looks handsome.
- Pet the Dog: His affection for the real Saji, in Great Guardians
- The Reveal: He's actually Ouin Shishi (Wang Yun)
Gakushuu (Yue Jiu)
Voiced by: Hajime Iijima (Japanese), Ivan Buckley (Seasons 1, 3, and 4), Bill Rogers (Season 2) (English), Andrés García (Latin-American Spanish)A third-year student at Nanyo Academy, a B-ranked fighter, and one of the Big Four.
- The Big Guy: He's a large and muscular man who towers over everyone. That includes you, Hakufu.
- Sweet Tooth: Gakushuu has a penchant for eating sugary foods.
- The Worf Effect: In his first appearance, he manages to give Hakufu a run for her money (granted, Saji had stolen her magatama a few moments earlier), but later he only serves as cannon fodder.
- In Xtreme Xecutor (ep 03, 07:52), he proves he's still kinda badass by barely noticing Bachou Mouki's punch.
Sonsaku Goei (Lady Wu)
Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue (Japanese), Wendee Lee (Seasons 1, 3, and 4), Syndi Szabo (Season 2) (English), Gloria Elena Obregón (Latin-American Spanish)Hakufu's widowed, extremely promiscuous and flirtatious mother.
- Action Mom: She may be Hakufu's mother, but she can still kick ass when she needs to.
- Berserk Button: Don't call her "old hag" or anything similar.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: She acts like a Woman Child but is quite cunning when she wants to
- Supreme Chef: She can cook meals extremely well.
Sonken Chuubou (Sun Quan)/Shoukyou (Xiao Qiao)
- Hair Decorations: She wears a headband on her hair..
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: To the real Saji Genpou.
- Love Before First Sight: She was "destined" to marry Koukin per their reincarnations and was pining for him before they even met.
- Nice Girl: As a Yamato Nadeshiko in training, she is friendly to everyone she meets.
- Silk Hiding Steel: A sort of literal version. Considering who she's reincarnated from, it makes sense.
Rikuson Hakugen (Lu Xun)
Voiced by: Mikako Takahashi (Japanese), Erika Weinstein (English)A cute, bespectacled junior at Nanyo Academy who is skilled in making poisons. She has recently joined the Nanyo gang with the intention of helping them beat Sousou.
- Demoted to Extra: In the anime, she has a less prominent role.
Teifu Tokubou (Cheng Pu)
Voiced by: Makoto Endo (Japanese), Yamil Atala (Latin-American Spanish)A long-time friend of Saji and Ryomou.
- Alliterative Name: Teifu Tokubou.
Ryuubi Gentoku (Liu Bei)
- Butt-Monkey: Without her dragon she regularly falls into slapstick situations almost to the point of being a Chew Toy. In her first episode, she is thrown into a pool by Chouhi and not only do her Super Drowning Skills kick in... but she suffers a Slippery Swimsuit while wearing a one piece School Swimsuit.
- Cute Bookworm: She adores reading.
- Gag Boobs: Oh God, so much.
- Plucky Girl: No, she can't fight as well as the others unless we bring up her Dragon. And no, that's no gonna stop her from helping out as much as she can either!
- Super Drowning Skills: She is unable to swim.
- Superpowered Evil Side: Her Dragon, said to be the most powerful and destructing of all of them. When we get to see it in action... HOLY CRAP, it's very disturbing to see such a Nice Girl become the embodiment of chaos.
Kan'u Unchou (Guan Yu)
Voiced by: Hiroe Oka (Season 1), Hitomi Nabatame (Season 2 onwards) (Japanese), Erica Shaffer (Season 1), Janet Baywood (Season 2), Rachel Robinson (Seasons 3 and 4) (English), Elsa Covián (Latin-American Spanish)A third-year student at Seito Academy and an A-ranked fighter. Believed to be the most feared and powerful fighter in the Kanto region, she carries the nearly invincible Blue Dragon Crescent Blade from her predecessor as well as the legendary sword Kusanagi, and also has an overwhelming amount of chi. She believes her destiny is to die protecting Ryuubi.
- Berserk Button: Do NOT threaten to harm Seito or any of its students, especially Ryuubi, in any way. Several fools who tried to attack Seito learned this the hard way.
- Blade on a Stick: The Blue Dragon Crescent Blade.
- Clingy Jealous Girl//Covert Pervert: Traits cranked Up to Eleven in Great Guardians, overshadowing the honorable and noble character that defined her.
- Contralto of Danger: Moreso in the Japanese dubs than the English ones. Either way, it's one of the many signs of her power.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Usually on the giving end. For example, she easily defeats Bonsoku in Dragon Destiny.
- Dark Is Not Evil: When she goes to Sousou, she is seen in a dark, revealing costume. Still loyal to Ryuubi, although it may seem otherwise.
- Evil Costume Switch: Subverted; see above
- Honor Before Reason: Especially when it concerns Liu Bei's happiness and welfare.
- Lady of War: Despite her Stripperiffic appearance.
- Panty Shot: She wears panties, but no bra.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Averted in season one, where both eyes were visible. Played straight in the manga and later seasons.
- Play-Along Prisoner: She ends up escaping on her own; she was holding back while captive.
- Potty Failure: In the anime, Kan'u has the distinction of being the only character to wet herself more than once. (First when Genchoku weakens her with his incense, and then when she is being tortured by Chouko, both times in Dragon Destiny)
- Psycho Lesbian: Skirted the line in Great Guardians. Not completely her fault, since she was under the influence of a MacGuffin. She's snapped out of it, thank god.
- Rapunzel Hair: One wonders how she hasn't stepped on the tips of her own hair by now; it's the female version of Guan Yu's magnificent beard.
- Red Baron: Warrior Goddess. For good reason, too.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: With Ryuubi. It's implied that they have been friends since childhood.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: Her scenes contain more Fanservice than the other vixens.
- Unstoppable Rage: In Xtreme Xecutor, after multiple episodes of non-stop torment, she finally flies into this. Subverted, however, as Chouun stops this.
Chouhi Ekitoku (Zhang Fei)
- Badass Adorable: Refreshingly upbeat and fun girl to be around
- Super Strength: She's strong enough to throw Kan'u.
Chou'un Shiryuu (Zhao Yun)
Voiced by: Yuu Asakawa (Japanese), Michele Knotz (English)A mysterious new girl from Seito High that is presumed to be Seito's "secret weapon". Easily a super A-ranked fighter, she wields one of the Hyakuhekitō swords with extreme efficiency.
- Action Girl: Like Kan'u and Chouhi, she fights for an otherwise defenseless girl. She needs to be this.
- Badass Pacifist: She believes that conflicts can be resolved without the use of fighting and bloodshed.
- Big Damn Heroes: If she turns up in a battle, you WILL win, no matter how hopeless or seemingly unsalvageable the situation
- Clothing Damage: Averted: She never gets her clothes ripped (subverted in Episode 10 of XX)
- Eyes Always Shut: When she does open them, they're either suprisingly cute or fucking scary.
- Lady of War: Arguably the most skilled character in the series.
Shoukatsuryou Koumei (Zhuge Liang)
Voiced by: Mai Kadowaki (Japanese), Rebecca Soler (Seasons 1 and 2), Megan Harvey (Seasons 3 and 4) (English)A young girl who appears to harbor a dragon herself.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Towards Ryuubi. A more subdued example, but it's still there.
Kouchuu Kanshou (Huang Zhong)
Voiced by: Kenta Miyake (Japanese), Rome Eliott (Seasons 1 and 2), Kyle Hebert (Seasons 3 and 4) (English)A monk that worked alongside Genchoku Josho at Tougenin. He is very strong, however, being able to fight off Teni with ease by being able to block and break her blades with his bare hands as well as take a shot by Hyakuhekitō to the shoulder and still be able to subdue Ryomou when her dragon was unleashed. It is implied that he will kill Kakouen, just like his predecessor did 1,800 years ago.
- Bald of Awesome: He has no hair on his head and is a competent fighter.
Bashoku Youjou (Ma Su)
Voiced by: Yukiko Amada (Season 2), Mami Kameoka (Season 3) (Japanese), Julie Francis (season 2) (English)An assassin sent by Koumei to kill Kakuka and frame Kannei of Nanyo for the crime.
- Badass Adorable: A darker version, as she's very cute but works as a...
- Combat Pragmatist: In her fight with Kakuka she resorts to poison to win against him
- Dual Wielding: Her Weapon of Choice is a pair of tonfas
- Potty Failure: When Kakuka is in the process of ripping out her heart, before her poison takes effect and stops him
Sousou Motoku (Cao Cao)
Voiced by: Susumu Chiba (Japanese), Greg Weisman (Seasons 1 and 4), Dan Green (Season 2) (English), Benjamín Rivera (Latin-American Spanish)The eccentric leader of Kyosho Academy, best friend to Genjou and Houkou, and a B-ranked fighter.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead: Second and third season, was a brunet in the first one.
- Papa Wolf: His Superpowered Evil Side took full control of him whenever he saw his friends in danger. First with Chuukou (he thought the bullies at their judo club were attempting to rape her), later with Kakouton (who lost his eye while shielding him)
Kakouton Genjou (Xiahou Dun)
Voiced by: Yuji Ueda (Season 1), Shuhei Sakaguchi (Season 2 onwards) (Japanese), Josh Phillips (Seasons 1, 3, and 4), Tom Wayland (Season 2) (English), Ricardo Mendoza (Latin-American Spanish)A fighter known for his love of using only the most basic moves in combat, abhorring (and perhaps being incapable of) any other kind of combat.
- Likes Older Women: Subverted: he doesn't, but people think he does.
- Nice Guy: He is one of the nicest guys in the series.
Kakuka Houkou (Guo Jia)
Voiced by: Takayuki Fujimoto (Japanese), Jay Lerner (Season 1), Wayne Grayson (Season 2) (English), Miguel Ángel Leal (Latin-American Spanish)A third-year student at Kyosho Academy and the best friend to Sousou and Kakouton.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: He is the Huge Guy to Kaku's Tiny Girl.
- Ill Boy: Manga only. He has cancer. He gets better, then he gets attacked.
- Yank the Dog's Chain. His cancer is cured, he gets in a relationship with Kaku, and it looks like the war is practically Kyoushou's. Turns out Shoukatsu has other plans.
Kakouen Myousai (Xiahou Yuan)
Voiced by: Eri Kitamura (Japanese), Georgette Timoney (English)A female assassin Sousou once saved, earning her total loyalty. She is extremely skilled, even more so than Ryofu, and very durable to the point of seemingly not feeling any pain, and specializes in pressure point attacks.
- Child Soldiers: Sousou rescues her from such a life.
- Chinese Girl: Wears a dress similar to a quipao.
Shiba'i Chuutatsu (Sima Yi)
Voiced by: Mitsuki Saiga (Japanese), Julie Francis (season 2), Julie Rei Goldstein (season 4) (English)The strategist of Kyosho Academy and arch-nemesis of Koumei. She is paraphelgic, having lost her feet years ago while Teni went on a killing rampage, and uses a wheelchair for mobility.
- Berserk Button: A mild example, but apparently knocking over her chess pieces.
- Obfuscating Disability: Implied, since she gets out of her wheelchair and stars running around in the season finale, though it's not clear if she was always faking or if it was because she was being used as a Soul Jar at that point. If she was actually faking it has precedent with her previous incarnation, who also faked an illness.
- Smug Snake: Who even has snake shaped Power Tattoos in her arms!
Ten'i (Dian Wei)
Voiced by: Mikako Takahashi (Japanese), Melissa Hope (season 2), Rachel Hirschfield (season 4) (English)A psychotic powerful archer and assassin barely in her teen years, wearing gothic lolita fashion. She has Catholic beliefs, and believes Shibai to be the Messiah and worships her unquestioningly.
- Abusive Parents: Her father sexually abused her
- All of the Other Reindeer: Was very cruelly ridiculed at her former school, until Shibai rescued her.
- Potty Failure: When Ryomou is strangling her.
- Rape as Backstory: Not only was she raped by her dad, but the Alpha Bitch of her school and her Girl Posse gang-raped her as well as part of their bullying.
- Self-Made Orphan: Killed her dad after getting fed up with his abuse.
- Senseless Violins: Keeps her weapons in a cello case.
- Shrinking Violet: Until being recruited by Shiba'i.
Kyocho Chuukou (Xu Chu)
Voiced by: Hana Takeda (Japanese), Kelly Shane-Butler (seasons 1 and 2), Sarah Lahti (season 4) (English)A very tall first-year student at Kyosho Academy and one of Sousou's loyal fighters; she was easily able to block a powerful chi blast from Sousou aimed towards Shibai.
- Badass Adorable: For somebody so tall, she has a rather cute face.
- Cooldown Hug: Hers is the only way to placate Sousou's Superpowered Evil Side.
- Gag Boobs: Has possibly the largest bust of any girl in the series.
- Huge Schoolgirl: Yes, the Ikkitousen girls are very big. Chuukou is still the only one whose height is remarked in canon.
- Unsettling Gender Reveal: In the manga, played for drama. Her judo classmates refused to believe she was a girl and ripped her clothes in the dojo to "clear the doubts". Sousou stepped into that, thought they wanted to gang-rape her, and his Superpowered Evil Side kicked in for the first time. There were NO survivors except for the two of them.
Chouryou Bun'en (Zhang Liao)
- Affably Evil: Seems like an okay guy if it weren't for the fact that he's with Kyoushou.
- Punch Clock Villain: The only reason he didn't kill Koukin was because he wasn't the target. Ryuubi was.
Soujin Shikou (Cao Ren)
Voiced by: Chiwa Saito (Japanese), Bonnie Gordon (English)A third-year student at Kyosho Academy who launched an assault on Seito.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She appeared in the sixth OVA of Dragon Destiny.
- Nice Hat: She wears a bonnet on her head.
Toutaku Chuuhei (Dong Zhuo)
- Better to Die than Be Killed: Voluntarily jumps off a cliff so that Ryofu can't kill him.
- Big Bad: The main antagonist of the first season.
Ryofu Housen (Lu Bu)
Voiced by: Akeno Watanabe (Japanese), Robin Rhodpa (English), Sarah Souza (Latin-American Spanish)A strong bisexual fighter with a very promiscuous personality and a habit for dressing in skimpy outfits. She was very skilled at making chi blasts, and was in love with both Saji and her best friend Chinkyu.
- Back from the Dead: She gets revived in Great Guardians
- Back for the Dead: She dies again towards the end of Dragon Destiny, courtesy of Ryomou.
- Childhood Friend Romance: She and Chinkyuu have been friends since they were very young.
- Depraved Bisexual: Skirts the line. She had sex with both Toutaku and Saji for power play reasons, either groped or raped an immobilized Ryoumou depending on the media, yet her best and most humanizing relationship was with her female partner and Victorious Childhood Friend, Chinkyuu.
- Femme Fatale: Not above of using her sex appeal to her advantage, but wasn't fully evil.
- Girlish Pigtails: She wears her hair in twin tails.
- Go Out with a Smile: She smiles before her death in both the manga as well as Great Guardians.
- Ill Girl: She suffers an Incurable Cough of Death in the manga.
- Panty Shot: Ryofu wears a pair of light green panties. Like Kan'u, she does not wear a bra.
- Schoolgirl Lesbians: She and her lover Chinkyuu are school girls.
- Together in Death: She commits suicide along with Chinkyuu.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: By the time of Great Guardians, she has lost her memories.
Kaku Bunwa (Jia Xu)
Voiced by: Haruhi Terada (Season 1), Shiho Kawaragi (Season 2 onwards) (Japanese), Hunter MacKenzie Austin (Seasons 1 and 4), Trina Hilbe (Season 2) (English), Claudia Motta (Latin-American Spanish)A bespectaled, long raven-haired beauty who was once Totaku's second-in-command. Intelligent, seductive, and manipulative, her power lay in manipulating others into doing her dirty work as she is otherwise an average fighter.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl: She has long raven hair and has a serious personality.
- The Chessmaster: She manipulates fighters to do her dirty work.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: She has bespectacles and has a manipulative streak.
- Idiot Hair: She has two strands coming out of her hair.
- Oh, Crap!: When she realizes that Shibai has replaced her as Kyosho's stragetist.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her long hair reaches down to her waist.
- Sexy Shirt Switch: She has one in Dragon Destiny, but it was less fanservicy than you'd think: yeah, Kaku was naked except for her boyfriend's shirt, but that happened when she found him bleeding to death in the streets.
- The Strategist: She provides battle strategies for Toutaku and Sousou.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: In Dragon Destiny, she is replaced as Kyosho's strategist by Shibai.
Chinkyuu Koudai (Chen Gong)
Voiced by: Hiroe Oka (Japanese), Stephanie Sheh (English)A very close friend to Ryofu. They work on missions together for Totaku to kill Hakufu.
- Rape as Drama: In the anime, she dies right after being raped and beaten within an inch of her life. She lasts a little longer in the manga, but still.
- Rescue Romance: Ryofu used to protect her when they were little girls.
- Together in Death: She commits suicide along with Ryofu.
Ukitsu (Yu Ji)
Voiced by: Yumiko Kobayashi (Japanese), Amy Treadwell (Season 1), Hilary Thomas (Season 2) (English), Karla Falcón (Latin-American Spanish)A dark-skinned girl and the leader of Gogun High who is destined by her magmatama to kill Hakufu, as her predecessor did 1800 years ago.
- Ascended Extra: She has a more prominent role in the anime.
- Badass Adorable: She may be a cute girl, but she can kick major ass.
- Go Out with a Smile: In the anime's second season, she gives out a smile when she dies.
Koushaji (Hu Che Er)
Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame (Japanese), Julie Francis (English)An assassin sent to kill Sousou while he was injured from a gang battle.
- Facial Markings: A flower-shaped one on her cheekbone.
- Fan Disservice: Her fight against Kakouton and Sousou was laden with Panty Shots, as usual. Then she blinds Kakouton... and Sousou kills her very bloodily.
Bachou Mouki (Ma Chao)
- The Ditz: Seemingly at first, but it turns out to be a ruse.
- Hot-Blooded: She's one hell of a fighter.
- You, Get Me Coffee: The first thing Hakufu does after getting her as a disciple is sending her to do tasks like this.
- You Killed My Father: Her motive for wanting to attack Sousou is that he killed her brother.
Voiced by: Yuu KobayashiA video game-only character who first appears in the PS2 game Ikki Tousen: Shining Dragon, and is allied with Rakuyo High School.
- Canon Foreigner: Only appears in the Shining Dragon and Eloquent Fist game.
- Zettai Ryouiki: She wears thigh-high stockings.
Taishiji Shigi (Taishi Ci)
- Convenient Coma: What happens to him after fighting Hakufu He gets better in the manga.
Jokou Koumei (Xu Huang)
Voiced by: Koji Yusa (Japanese), Anthony Salerno (English)A member of the Three Pillared Gods, Kyosho Academy's elite trio of A-ranked fighters. His predecessor had skills that equaled Kanu's 1800 years ago.
- I Have Your Wife: He's the one who tells Kanu about how Ryuubi and Co. were rodeated by all the fighters of Kyoushou.
Gakushin Bunken (Yue Jin)
Voiced by: Shiho Kawaragi (Japanese), Melissa Hope (English)Another member of Kyosho's Three Pillared Gods with the ability to read an individual's magatama by French kissing them.
- Kiss of Death: She doesn't exactly kill with it, but it's how she uses her powers.
- Journey to the Center of the Mind: When she kisses someone, she can drive into their mind. When she uses it on Kan'u, her vision is so disturbing that she has a Freak-Out.
Kanpei (Guan Ping)
Voiced by: Ryoka YuzukiThe heroine of Ikki Tousen: Eloquent Fist. She is seemingly a member of Seito, but, like Chousen, she doesn't have a legitimate school home, and is only interested in the Dragon Potent.
- Bodyguard Crush: She seems to have a crush on Kan'u.
- Canon Foreigner: Again, only appears in the games - this time in Eloquent Fist.
- Superpowered Evil Side: She has a dragon, too. And isn't able to control it well.
Sonken Bundai (Sun Jian)Hakufu's deceased father.
- Disappeared Dad: He died years before the series begins.
- Spirit Advisor: Brings a comatose Hakufu back to the real world in the second series.
Choukou Shikou (Zhang Hong)
Voiced by: Jiro Saito (Japanese), William Frederick Knight (English)An old man who trained Hakufu when she was a child. He is an old friend of Goei, and he possibly trained her too, and has also trained Ukitsu and Rikuson.
- Old Master: He is an old man who trained Hakufu.
Choushou Shifu (Zhang Zhao)
- Demoted to Extra: While she played quite a role in the manga, her role in the anime is significantly reduced.
- Really 700 Years Old: Looks like a Token Mini-Moe but is older than everyone.
- Stuffed into the Fridge: Killed by Toutaku in the manga.
Saji Genpou (Zuo Ci). The REAL one, huh.
- Bodyguard Crush: Inverted. She has one on Ouin Shishi/Saji, who is the only one who understands her according to her.
- Canon Foreigner: First appeared in Great Guardians.
- Canon Immigrant: Is seen as a playable character in X-treme Impact.
- Girlish Pigtails: She ties her hair in twin-tails.
- Goth Girls Know Magic: Gothic appearance, hate of the world, and Mind Control powers.
- Jerkass Woobie: Was so horribly bullied as a little girl that she grew embittered with the world. It's hinted that the only one who ever tried to stand up for her was Chuubou.
- Mind Control: Insanely good at getting people Brainwashed and Crazy.
- Necromantic: Revived Ryofu to have her as her minion.