Lisa Ortiz (born December 11, 1974) is an American theatre and voice actress, best known for her roles in English anime adaptations. She is perhaps best known for the roles of the high-elf Deedlit in Record of Lodoss War
, Lina Inverse in Slayers
, and Tony Tony Chopper in One Piece
(4Kids dub). Her extensive résumé also includes the role of Amy Rose in Sonic X
, and Serenity Wheeler in Yu-Gi-Oh!
She has voiced Amy Rose in the Sonic the Hedgehog
series of video games from Shadow the Hedgehog
on (before being replaced by Cindy Robinson
), as the successor to voice actress Jennifer Douillard, who voiced the character from Sonic Adventure
to Sonic Advance 3
. She even continues her voice roles in Pokémon
Living in New York City and frequently meeting people who speak other languages, helps in creating the dialect voices for which she is well recognized.
Do not confuse her with Edge
's ex-wife, a civilian who happened to be named Lisa Ortiz. Also do not confuse her with a cast member of the series Hillside
in the US) named Lisa Ortiz.
In terms of her vocal specialty in utilizing high-pitched voices, her Californian counterpart is Carrie Savage
. In terms of vocal accents, her Texan counterparts are Tiffany Grant
and Cynthia Martinez
Notable roles from Lisa Ortiz:
- Akumako in KO Beast
- Amy Rose in Sonic X and the games following Shadow the Hedgehog until 2010.
- Azalyn and Pilot Trainees Emi and Yumi Hanner in The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
- Barbara, Patty, and Claire in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds
- Blair Flannigan, Maiden in Love, Elemental Hero Burstinatrix, Claret, Mindy, Linda, and Yasmin in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
- Carol in the Video Brinquedo Mockbuster Ratatoing, which she now considers an Old Shame.
- Chisa Tsukamoto in Comic Party
- Cynthia Velasquez in Silent Hill 4
- Daisy, Sabrina, Liza, Satsuki, Luka, Shauna, Flannery, Mars, Korrina, and Ash's Oshawott in Pokémon
- Deedlit in Record of Lodoss War (her first voice-acting role)
- Fuu Hououji in Magic Knight Rayearth (OVAs only, Fuu was voiced by Bridget Hoffman in the TV series)
- Icy, Digit, Musa and Mitzi in the 4Kids dub of Winx Club
- Kaoruko Yamada in Kujibiki Unbalance
- Koran in Legend Of Himiko
- Lala-Ru in Now and Then, Here and There
- Lina Inverse in almost all Slayers incarnations (with the exception of the movies and OVAs)
- She introduces herself at conventions as "sounding more and more like Lina Inverse every day".
- Lotus Hanazoe in Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL
- Melona in Queen's Blade (under pseudonym)
- Mikiko "Kuromi" Oguro in Animation Runner Kuromi
- Nanaka Nakatomi in Magic User's Club
- Patina (Majorika) in Magical DoReMi
- Roxanne in Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy
- Serenity Wheeler (Shizuka Kawai) in Yu-Gi-Oh!
- Shiori Takatsuki in Revolutionary Girl Utena
- Tomoko Hoshina in To Heart
- Tony Tony Chopper in the 4Kids dub of One Piece
Tropes associated with Lisa Ortiz
- Bilingual Bonus: Slightly Averted. She speaks Spanish fluently but there's little to none proof of her utilizing a Spanish accent in her characters.
- Pigeonholed Voice Actor: She's ususally cast as a Magical Girl. But what's more reccurring are the tendencies of her Magical Girl Characters, who are often spunky, energetic, and/or dark.
- Relationship Voice Actor: Anyone who has ever had a significant role on Slayers will be this and appear in at least a show with her. This includes Maddie Blaustein/Jillas, Liam O Brien/Rezo the Red Priest, Jessica Calvello/Meliroon, Wayne Grayson/Hellmaster Phibrizzo, Jason Griffith/Abel Lanzard, Dan Green/Gaav, Carrie Keranen/Ozzel, Cassandra Lee/Uppi, Rachael Lillis/Martina Zoana Mel Navratilova, Mike Pollock/King of Taforashia, Stephanie Sheh/Sylphiel Nels Lahda, Michael Sinterniklaas/Xellos, and Jimmy Zoppi/Prince Philionel El Di Seyruun. And with Crispin Freeman, Eric Stuart, and Veronica Taylor, they're an Ensemble Darkhorse. Remember this too, Slayers isn't that big compared to Pokémon.
- Ensemble Darkhorse