Creator / Kyle Hebert
On the last episode of TV Tropes Z....
Describe Kyle Hebert he-Hey, hey, hey, hey, HEY! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK KYLE HEBERT IS?!He is the champion of Justice, The defender of what is right!! THE GREAT SAIYAMAN!!!
Kyle Henry Hebert note
(born June 14, 1969) is a voice actor who originally did work for Funimation
, which is in Texas. His most notable roles are Teen Gohan and the 2nd Narrator in Dragon Ball Z
. Soon afterward he started working in California dubs. He's recognizable by his gruff and suave tone present in many of the characters he voices.
As stated above, he is the dub voice of Kamina in Gurren Lagann
. Naturally, due to Kamina's Memetic Badass
status, this just made him much more popular. He's present at many anime conventions and does a lot of Q&A sessions with his former FUNimation compatriots.
He's also an Internet star thanks to not only his role as Magnificent Bastard Sosuke Aizen
, but also due to his role as Wario in fellow voice actor Matthew Mercer's web series There Will Be Brawl
. He also hosts his own podcast
(yes, named after Hebert's Bald of Awesome
), along with Indie-Rock musician Otherworld Steve. The podcast is not only supported by another
podcast (hosted by Canadian voice actor Trevor Devall
), but also supports yet another
podcast, hosted by MasakoX
and other The Abridged Series
Has a Twitter account
and a YouTube account
He is engaged to Ryter Rong.
Notable roles by Kyle Hebert:
- The Narrator in the pre-Team Four Star versions of Dead Zone and World's Strongest and Santa in Christmas Tree of Might in Dragon Ball Z Abridged
- Trash Head, Gooey Chewie, Vac Attack, Wet Wipes, Buckethead, Slimy Sardines, Overlord, and Franko in The Grossery Gang webseries
- Wario in There Will Be Brawl
- Webmaster in Kirbopher's flash animated web series TOME
- S.I.R. Dude, announcer for Kevin Smith's Smodcast Internet Radio (S.I.R.) Podcast Network.
Tropes associated with Kyle Hebert:
- Badass Baritone: A lot of his roles usually fall into this range.
- Bald of Awesome: Lampshadeed in his appropriately named podcast, "Big Bald Broadcast".
- Its Pronounced Tro Pay: His last name is French and pronounced "Ay-bear".
- Kamehamehadoken: Noted on the Hilarious in Hindsight page, he's the only one so far who have voiced two characters who use this move (Adult Gohan for the Kamehameha and Ryu for the Hadoken).
- Large Ham: Kamina being the best example.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: His range can cover manly men, conniving villains, wimpy teens, and everything in between.
- One of Us: Video games, anime, manga, comic books, you name it.
- He doesn't get invited to cons as often as some other voice actors. Never stopped him showing up anyway as a fan (and "crashing" panels).
- Got his announcer job on Kevin Smith's S Modcast Network when he, for free as a fan of the show, sent in a recorded intro for Hollywood Babble-On. Hosts Ralph Garman and Kevin Smith had no idea who he was, now he's the official voice of the network.
- He's an admitted 4chan user and part-time troll on the site.
- He's a big fan of Abridged Series, and was even a voice in a Dragon Ball Z Abridged special.
- Kyle's also a wrestling fan. LittleKuriboh is also one, and the two actually went to a WWE show together.
- He frequently appears as a celebrity guest in Greggo's Game Shows.
- Playing Against Type: The calm and collected Aizen isn't one of his usual roles. Same goes for Edgeworth and Frederick.
- Promoted Fanboy: He acted in There Will Be Brawl as Wario. A few years later, he got to do voice acting for Super Smash Bros. when Ryu was added to the roster.
- Star-Making Role: Two of them: the older Gohan in Dragon Ball Z, and the Largest Ham Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.