Literature: Brothers Conflict
Ema Hinata's father has decided to remarry a woman named Miwa Asahina. When she goes to move into the Sunrise Apartments, she meets her new brothers: All 13 of them!
Brothers Conflict began as a series of novels, divided into two cours: the first one is set when Ema is in high school, while the second has Ema entering into university. It has been adapted into two otome games by Otomate: Brothers Conflict: Passion Pink
and Brothers Conflict: Brilliant Blue
, each one featuring a set of seven brothers (Brilliant Blue
features six brothers and a Secret Character
) An anime by Brains Base
started airing as part of the Summer 2013 Season
- Academic Athlete: Subaru attends the Meiji University and is in the basketball team; because he dedicated his whole life to absolutly nothing but sports, he has no clue about how to deal with Ema, having no experiences with women at all.
- Alternate Reality Episode: The otome game is basically this: What would have happened if Ema had fallen in love with one of the Asahina brothers?
- Arranged Marriage: Masaomi was going through this in the books. However, he politely declined the arrangement. Why? Because he promised Ema that he would be by her side.
- Attempted Rape: In episode 10 of the anime, Fuuto was about to rape a sleeping Ema, because in his words, "You [Ema] belong to me." Thankfully,he doesn't go threw with it, because he realizes that he truly loves her.
- Babies Ever After: Masaomi's ending.
- Beauty Mark: Natsume has one on the chin, the twins have one next to one of their eyes.
- Bishōnen: Ema's stepsiblings are all pretty boys.
- Character Development: Because of Ema's influence, all of the Asahina brothers have changed or matured dramatically than what they were in the beginning.
- Disappeared Dad: What happened to the Asahina brother's birth father? Do they even have the same one?
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: The anime ending is sung by the boys and Juliis seiyuus.
- Dump Them All: All she ever wanted was to have a family, and towards the end of the first season she finally made it clear. How effective that act was, however, is another question altogether.
- Everybody is Single
- Flirty Step Siblings
- Freudian Trio: The triplets: Natusme is the Superego, Azusa is the Ego, and Tsubaki is the Id.
- Happily Married: Rintaoru Hinata and Miwa Asahina.
- Ema's birth parents: Kenji and Yukie Nagami.
- Masaomi and Ema in Masaomi's ending.
- Heroic BSOD: Ema has one upon learning that she's adopted.
- House Husband: Ukyo acts as the mother figure to the family.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Ema is this with one of the taller, muscular brothers in a different route: Kaname, Subaru, Natsume, and Ukyo.
- Idol Singer: Fuuto is this, and he's also quite popular.
- Jerkass: Ukyo's ex-girlfriend, Reiko Amamiya, only dates him to get closer to his mother and didn't care about him at all.
- Lookalike Lovers: Inverted. In Ukyo's route, Ema (new love interest) looks like his ex-girlfriend, Reiko.
- Making Love in All the Wrong Places: In Kaname's route, it's heavily implied that he and Ema had sex in his car at night.
- Massive Numbered Siblings
- May-December Romance: In the games, if the player decides to pair Ema with any of the older brothers.
- Also the other way around if she's paired with the 10 year old Wataru.
- The Nicknamer: Juli and Rui call Ema "Chii".
- Not Blood Siblings: The whole point. Doubly so once Ema finds out that she's adopted.
- Nun Too Holy: Kaname is not a very good Buddhist monk.
- Peek-a-Bangs: The identical twins Azusa and Tsubaki have specular bangs covering one of their eyes.
- Rapunzel Hair: Hikaru, and Yukie Nagami (Ema's birth mother).
- Second Love: Ema is this in Iori's route.
- Seiyuu: Two of the three triplets, Azusa and Tsubaki, in-universe.
- Sibling Rivalry: Yusuke vs Fuuto and Tsubaki vs Azusa. To be honest, except for the otome game, where the player can choose one of the brother's route, the Asahina brothers are all "love" rivals for Ema. And even in the games all of the brothers have feelings for her, they just don't act on them as much.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Ema talks with Juli, her pet squirrel, all the time. Later we find out that Rui, or "Luis", is also able to do that.
- Their First Time: Ema has her "first" with a few of the brothers in their routes. They are Tsubaki, Kaname, Masaomi, and Hikaru.
- Token Mini-Moe: Wataru, of course.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Hikaru, his crossdressing was so good, it made Ema think he was really female.