Characters: Brothers Conflict
open/close all folders
- Voiced by: Rina Sato
- Audience Surrogate: To the point where she unfortunately gets little characterization of her own.
- Brainy Brunette: Implied in the anime.
- Brown Eyes
- Curtains Match The Windows
- Daddy's Girl: Calls Rintarou "Papa". Even after she finds out that he isn't her birth father, Ema still considers him, her "Papa".
- Dude Magnet: Just ask all 13 of her stepbrothers.
- Gamer Girl: Ema likes to play the games that Natsume's company makes.
- A Girl And Her X: A Girl And Her Squirrel. Her best friend in Juli.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a heart-shaped scrunchie in her ponytail.
- In-Series Nickname: She is called "Chi" by Juli.
- Ordinary High-School Student: Prior to when her father got married.
- Missing Mom: Her mom died after she was born. And Rintarou wasn't Ema's mother's husband, but a friend of her mother and birth father; they both died when Ema was only a baby.
- Nice Girl: Ema is honest, kind-hearted and polite girl that she cares for her new family.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: In any of the routes, Ema finds love along with a happy ending with one of her stepbrothers, who all are decent guys who swear their undying love to her.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Can understand Juli.
- Strong Family Resemblance: Rintarou commented on how much Ema resembles her mother. Who turned out to not be Rintarou's first wife, but a friend and wife of his senior.
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Kamiya
- Berserk Button: Any of the "wolves brothers" putting a move on Ema.
- Bowties Are Cool: A red bowtie with white polka dots and wear it as a collar.
- Cool Pet
- Humanity Ensues: As the series progresses, it's shown he can become a human.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: In his human form.
- Loyal Animal Companion: Juli is fiercely loyal to Ema.
- Non-Human Sidekick
- Protectorate: He has vowed to ALWAYS protect Ema.
- Purple Eyes
- Samus Is a Girl: Inverted. Juli is a male squirrel, but has a name traditionally for females.
- Undying Loyalty: To Ema.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Has green hair in his human form.
- Voiced by: Kazuyuki Okitsu
- Afraid of Blood: Despite being a pediatrician.
- Brainy Brunette: Well versed in the knowledge of medicine. Justified since he's a doctor.
- Brown Eyes
- Cool Big Bro: Especially to his youngest brother, Wataru.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Friend to All Children: He loves children and even has a special bond with Wataru.
- Happily Married: In his route with Ema.
- Hospital Hottie: His occupation is a doctor and like his brothers, Masaomi is quite handsome.
- Irony: Despite the fact that Masaomi is a doctor, he does faint at the sight of blood. Virtually every type of doctor has to deal with blood.
- Nice Guy: His brothers aren't horrible or even straight up jerkasses, but unlike them, Masaomi doesn't force his feelings on Ema, and can express said feelings fairly well to her. Other than that, he's polite, mature, and mellow.
- Parental Substitute: He is the typical father figure of the household (considering his age) and looks over Wataru more often than most of the other brothers.
Voiced by: Daisuke HirakawaThe second son of the Asahina family. A lawyer.
- Berserk Button: Doesn't like being called "mama" by his brothers.
- Dogged Nice Guy: His ex-girlfriend, Reiko Amamiya, only dated him to closer to his mother.
- Hands-On Approach: He does this while teaching Ema to chop meat. Hikaru sees this and teases them mercilessly about it.
- Has a Type: He used to fancy girls with huge breasts, but changed ever since Ema moved in.
- House Husband: He's the cook of the house, and is frequently seen in an apron.
- Motor Mouth: Downplayed. Ukyo doesn't talk a whole lot, but he can be quite social once he does have someone to talk to.
- Real Men Cook: He is in charge of cooking/making meals.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Wears some pretty snazzy suits.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: He wears glasses and is a successful lawyer.
- Strong Family Resemblance: He looks like his mother as they both have blond hair and blue eyes.
- Team Mom: He acts as the mother figure to the Family.
- Voiced by: Junichi Suwabe
- Big Little Brother: He is more taller and muscular than his two older brother, Masaomi and Ukyo.
- Big Brother Instinct: Kaname is very protective over Iori. Justified when it's revealed that Iori is somewhat suicidal.
- The Casanova: Judging by his flirting with Ema, he might be this trope.
- Chick Magnet: He has endless amounts of women chasing after him. Most of his brothers have revealed they are jealous of the fact Kaname is "irresistible" to women and that he has endless amounts of "followers."
- Chivalrous Pervert: A flirt? Yes. A Nice Guy who wouldn't force his feelings on Ema? Correct again.
- Curtains Match the Window: Yellow eyes and blonde hair.
- Dirty Old Monk: He's a monk, but tried to kiss his younger step sister.....the day they met no less!
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: In the Chivalrous Pervert variety; Kaname is described as the "most reliable brother" from Asaomi, the oldest Asahina brother.
- Hidden Depths:
- Important Haircut: In his route Kaname cuts off his long hair, symbolizing that he has changed from the flirty, casanova monk to a serious, businessman who would do anything for the girl (Ema) he loves.
- Ladykiller in Love: Began as a flirt, but comes to stop when he falls for Ema.
- The Reliable One: Masaomi at one point states that Kaname is the more reliable than himself.
- Voiced by: Nobuhiko Okamoto
- Fiery Redhead: So far Averted.
- Harem Nanny: He keeps track of his brothers' feelings for Ema and teases them about. He even created a chart with the odds of each one winning her over. In episode 12 he tells Ema that her rejections did not get across completely and how the 'Brothers Conflict' will continue, with him in the fray.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Rapunzel Hair: Which he keeps in a ponytail when he isn't crossdressing.
- Significant Green-Eyed Redhead
- Troll: Loves to watch his brothers' reactions when it comes to Ema.
- Special mention goes to him egging Azusa and Natsume on about their feelings for her, while Natsume is driving.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: The main "reason" behind this cross-dress thing is that, he wants to know the side story of the criminals and obviously most of them are males and write a story about it.
- Zettai Ryouiki: When cross-dressing.
- Voiced by: Kenichi Suzumura
- Beauty Mark: Next to his left eye.
- Blue Oni Red Oni: The red to Azusa's blue.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Shows some shades of this when he and Ema share their first kiss. He asks her where he got the men's scarf (a Christmas present from Natsume) and admitted it "ticked him off".
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Azusa.
- Otaku Surrogate: Is obsessed with imoutos and loves anime and games featuring them.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His white hair that covers the right side of his face.
- Purple Eyes: Tsubaki has violet eyes.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He wears a pair of earrings and is usually seen wearing a pink diamond cardigan under a black blazer.
- Same-Sex Triplets: He, Azusa, and Natusme are triplets with beauty marks.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Tsubaki has messy white hair. An old picture in the anime adaptation implies that he dyed his hair white at some point. It's unknown if he does this in the game or manga.
- Voiced by: Kosuke Toriumi
- Alliterative Name: Azusa Asahina. He's the only one in his family to have this.
- Always Someone Better: Unintentionally this to Tsubaki.
- Beauty Mark: Next to his right eye.
- Blue Oni Red Oni: The blue to Tsubaki's red.
- Covert Pervert: In the Valentine's Day episode, he is seen to be day dreaming about sharing a bath with Ema, and he mistakenly kisses the bowl in front of him, believing it to be Ema in his fantasy.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Tsubaki.
- Megane: Very handsome (like his brothers) and wears oval-like glasses.
- Neat Freak
- Nice Guy: Azusa is very caring. He often thinks about others before himself.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Azusa has black hair that covers his left eye.
- Purple Eyes: Like Tsubaki and Natsume, Azusa has violet eyes.
- Same-Sex Triplets: He, Tsubaki, and Natsume are triplets with beauty marks.
- Voiced by: Tomoaki Maeno
- Beauty Mark: Has one on his chin.
- Big Little Brother: He's both the youngest and most muscular (and mature) of the triplets.
- A Boy and His X: A Man And His Two Cats. Natsume named his two cats after his older twin brothers.
- Broken Pedestal: His younger brother, Subaru, used to look up to Natsume because of his skill in sports. However, Natsume realized sports could not give him a better future and quit. He explains that even if he had continued, he would be doing it half-heartedly. This was the root of Subaru's hate for Natsume.
- Brutal Honesty: Downplayed. Natsume is only honest when it's appropriate and he have a point when he's being honest.
- Fiery Redhead: Averted. He's pretty calm and mellow and he dyed his hair an ornage-reddish color.
- In-Series Nickname: He is called "Na-kun" by Wataru and "Natsu-nii" by Subaru.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Natsume has a blunt way of talking, but greatly encourages other people. He is very strict when it comes to problems and will willingly help to resolve it. He is rather calm and would protect his siblings.
- Most Gamers Are Male: He's part of a videogame company; Ema enjoys the games from his company.
- Purple Eyes: Like Tusbaki and Azusa, Natsume has violet eyes.
- Same-Sex Triplets: He, Tsubaki, and Asuza are triplets with beauty marks.
- Smoking Is Cool: The sole one of his brothers who smokes.
- Voiced by: Ken Takeuchi
- Cloudcuckoolander: He has shades of this. It seems like he is sometimes not aware of his surroundings, being up in the clouds.
- Friend to All Living Things: Implied to be this.
- Happily Adopted: He was adopted by Miwa when he was 2 years old.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: He's a handsome man with long hair.
- Mixed Ancestry: Apparently, he is half French, half Japanese. His biological father, Gill Charbonnie, works as a beautician in France.
- Nice Guy: Louis has a very calm and caring personality.
- Peek-a-Bangs: He keeps partially in a side ponytail, leaving his bangs covering his right eye.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Louis is a professional beautician and takes much joy in styling hair, especially Ema's.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Like Ema, he can understand Juli.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Despite being obviously a foreign name, his name is still spelled with kanji.
- Voiced by: Daisuke Ono
- Academic Athlete: Attends Meiji University and is on the basketball team.
- Big Brother Worship: Subaru looked up to Natsume a lot until Natsume realized sports could not give him a better future and quit. It didn't last.
- Big Eater: And a fast one.
- Casting Gag: Subaru's seiyuu also voices another basketball player, but one with a penchant for horoscopes nanodayo.
- Cannot Talk to Women: At least not to Ema.
- Curtains Match the Window
- The Quiet One: Only says a few sentences in each episode.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: A male version.
- The Stoic: Except when it comes to Ema.
- What Is This Thing You Call Love?: He doesn't know how to explain his feelings for Ema, because he's always been interested in basketball.
- Voiced by: Daisuke Namikawa
- The Ace: The most popular guy in his high school and is well known in other high schools as well.
- Broken Ace: After we learn of his past with Fuyuka.
- Brown Eyes
- Dark and Troubled Past: Iori really loved his girlfriend, Fuyuka, and he would have given everything to her. Unfortunately, died in a car accident. Grief stricken by her death, Iori attempted suicide.
- Death Seeker: After his beloved girlfriend, Fuyuka, dies Iori wanted to commit suicide to be with her.
- The Generic Guy: In every route except his own.
- Green Thumb: Not in the magical sense, but Iori takes care of the Asahina garden.
- Nice Guy: He has a very caring personality.
- Yandere: Shows shades of this in his route. He tried to murder, Kaname, his own brother because he thought that Kaname was getting too close to Ema.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Iori is the only one of his brothers to have gray hair.
- Voiced by: Yoshimasa Hosoya
- Book Dumb: He has bad grades, and often has to take supplementary lessons.
- Cannot Spit It Out: He never told Ema his feelings for her. Now since they're step siblings, his crush on her is even more difficult to conceal.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Red hair and dark red eyes.
- Delinquent Hair: Yuusuke has messy, short red hair with two braids.
- Fiery Redhead: Acts and behaves like a wild Yankee.
- Hot-Blooded: Easily riled up by his brothers, especially Fuuto.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Despite his wild personality, Yuusuke has a really strong sense of justice. He hates everything twisted, often getting into a fight with delinquents to defend what’s right.
- Voiced by: KENN
- Big Little Brother: To Ema.
- Bratty Teenage Daughter: A son variant. Fuuto is the most sarcastic and teasing of his siblings.
- Brown Eyes
- The Charmer
- Curtains Match The Windows: Fuuto has brown eyes and messy light brown/pink hair.
- Hair Decorations: Wears several barrettes in his hair.
- Hidden Depths:
- He has a deep interest in acting.
- He is well known as an exceptionally good dancer.
- Idol Singer: As "Fuuto Asakura". This is the main reason why he's rarely at home.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Part of Fuuto's hair is pink.
- Red Baron: Known as "Fuuto Asakura" as an idol.
- Voiced by: Yuuki Kaji
- The Baby Of The Bunch: The youngest of his siblings.
- Cheerful Child: Has an upbeat and playful attitude.
- The Cutie: The youngest and the Token Mini-Moe.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: A boy variant. Wataru is always seen carrying a stuffed animal.
- Hair Antennae: He has a single hair standing above the rest.
- Nice Guy: Wataru is sweet and honest.
- Precocious Crush: He's 10 and Ema is 17; like his older brothers, he has feelings for her.
- Real Men Wear Pink:
- Wataru has short, light salmon-colored hair.
- The color of the inside of his jacket is pink.
- He shows no problems with carrying around stuffed animals.
- Spoiled Sweet: He's very spoiled by his older brothers, but is a definite nice guy. His sometimes spoiled behavior may be due to the over-protection of his older brothers, as seen that he is very playful.
- Sweet Tooth: He loves cakes.
- Voiced by: Masaki Terasoma
- Nice Guy: Despite his job, Rintaoru was still a good father to Ema. He gets even more points as a nice guy, when it's revealed that Ema wasn't his daughter by birth, but the daughter of his friends. After they died, instead of placing Ema in an orphanage, what did this gut do? Adopted, raised, and loved her like she was his own.
- Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue