open/close all folders
Wolf/Ryu Akamura, played by CrystalGlaciaCard: The Hanged Man/The Traitor
Target: The Moon (Spade)The oldest member of the group, he is a sixty-five-year-old Asian man. He is a veteran of the Vietnam War, as he found, and is apparently a grandfather. Awkwardness later ensues on Day Eight when he meets his son and grandson and has no idea who they are.
- Awesome McCool Name: His real name, which translates to "Dragon of the Red Village".
- Badass Grandpa: HE CAN FALL AND GET UP WITHOUT LIFEALERT, GODDAMMIT!
- Beware the Honest Ones: Always honest, no matter what.
- Big Eater: He regularly inhales four plates of food on his own at breakfast, the only meal that people are shown eating.
- Drowning My Sorrows: Day Ten. His drink of choice is Heineken.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: Twice. The first time was indistinct; and occurred in the library on Day Three. The second time, on Day Nine, he recalled the moment in the Vietnam War when he officially broke, describing it as the moment when his idealistic self died with the rest of his squadron.
- Heroic Safe Mode: Day Six, when he let the instincts that were drilled into him back in his Vietnam days take over.
- Important Haircut: On Day 12, he cut his bangs short.
- Limited Wardrobe: He specifically bought three identical copies of the outfit he had when he was on the train because he's too lazy to give a damn about his clothes.
- Looks Like Cesare: Ignoring his Squee-worthy appearance to the right, his appearance towards the end of his life can essentially be summed up with this trope. He bears all hallmarks- perpetually tired eyes, crow's feet, lanky build, dark-colored clothes (plus, in canon, a Black Cloak that makes him look like an occultist), an unhealthily pale complexion, and kinda scraggly black hair.
- Making a Splash
- Unscrupulous Hero
- Screw Politeness, I'm a Senior!: Though he's usually pretty nice, he can be mean occasionally, as shown when he coldly took Gear's phone from him, went through the messages, then just tossed it back at him.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran
Lucky, played by EndarkCuliIronically spent almost all of his time contemplating getting hit by a lightning bolt or something similar.
Spade, played by LolipodDistortion, and later SammsamCard: The Moon
Target: The Lovers (Tykebomb)A man known almost solely for his foul mouth and Jerkassery. He vanished on Day Three due to security locking him in the Library of Congress on the grounds of suspected theft. Phantom shot him in the head late Day Nine.
Phantom, played by zeldalink53Card: The Sun
Target: The Pope/Hierophant (Gold Record)A mysterious teenage assassin hired by the Orchestrator. He regained his memories on Day Ten, but his exact intentions are still unknown.
- Animesque: Definitely has a rather strong anime vibe to him moreso than the other characters.
- Big Eater: Apparently even more than Wolf; on one occasion, he inhaled around eight plates of food at a single sitting, which is twice as many as Wolf on a regular basis.
- Katanas Are Just Better
- Not Quite Dead
- Older Than They Look
- Playing with Fire
- Reverse Mole: Initially seems to be working for the Orchestrator, but is actually an OCMPA operative still-in-training, and is Suki's apprentice.
Demon/Neil Stanfill, played by FusionmanCard: The Fool
Target: The Sun (Phantom)
- Large Ham
- Official Couple: With Tick.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He apparently wears red contact lenses, but seems otherwise benevolent.
- Super Strength / Super Speed
Tick/Lily, played by CrayonMonsterCard: The Magician
Tick: The Cross (Colt)Acts younger than she actually is and has a thing for Demon.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Man Child: She's eighteen, but acts like she's eight.
- Mind over Matter
- Official Couple: With Demon.
Tykebomb/Janice, played by EvilChildrenCard: The Lovers
Target: The Emperor (Prosecution)
- BFS: She can summon these, including other sharp objects.
- Child Soldiers
- Sweet Tooth
- Token Mini-Moe
- Tykebomb She wasn't named after this trope for nothing.
- Word of God: According to EC, Tyke's real name is Janice.
Prosecution/Alex W.T. Mandal, played by Dragon573Card: The Emperor
Target: The Star (Gear)
- Celibate "hero": He was, until recently. He thought of love as a distraction, but he had another reason... He feared it. Every aspect of his life was simple and controlled. Love was an unknown. An anomaly. It was a choatic force in a life where everything was ordered and scheduled.
- Fan Nickname: "Prossy".
- Heel–Face Revolving Door: So, he finds out that Tyke is supposed to kill him, and he decides to "die as himself" as he puts it... Then his evil side thinks something to the effect of "Fuck this, I'm going to live" and tries to kill Tyke. Then he feels bad and says that he's going to kill the Orchestrator for putting a child in this situation. Then, as he fights with the orchestrator, he decides that he needs Tyke's power to kill him, and tries to kill Tyke again. He and the Orchestrator send a few text messages back and forth afterwards and decide to have coffee together. Then, sets up Gear to get killed by the others. Then, it turns out he was only seeing how truly loyal Gear was! I'm his player, and even I don't know what he's going to do next.
- Heel Realization: After seeing the orchestrator in a superpowered (though no more than usual) evil (though also no more than usual) side, he realizes that all his actions while in that moment of insanity, no matter how sane they seemed, nor how sound the justification, were indeed contrary to his original motive.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Adelina leaned towards him, in an attempt to invoke Male Gaze... and he continued the conversation without so much as a sniffle. He registered the change in position, but it just didn't click. Having a sister who shares... attributes with Kurumu Kurono probably helped a little... She was amused by his 'innocence,'. Next thing she did was press him against a wall and lick him. He admittedly found it pleasant, but he barely paused.
- Ship Tease: With Khalynie/Adelina.
- Superpowered Evil Side: A self-preserving Superpowered Evil Side.
- The Atoner: He becomes this.
- Reality Warper: A relatively mild example.
Gold Record, played by TestYourMightCard: The Pope/The Hierophant
Target: The Hanged Man/The Traitor (Wolf)A greaser who looks about 21. White male. He's a goofy idiot who overdoes the beatnik slang, plays his guitar all the time, and somehow thinks Gear and Wolf are his best friends. Hinted to be a fan of superhero comics before the game began.
- Leeroy Jenkins
- Put on a Bus: He just kind of disappeared without dying, finding out who he once was, or getting the collar off.
- Spanner in the Works
- Spikes of Doom: Can hurl these at targets.
- Too Dumb to Fool
Dolphin/Kyle Pan, played by TenorphinCard: The Empress
Target: The Fool (Demon)Early 20s. Asian male. Athletic. He is generally (or tries to be) bright and cheerful around people he took a liking of, but can be serious and very loyal to people he deemed friends. Hums a Leitmotif that sounds like Quando Me'n Vo, a.k.a. Musetta's Waltz. Intelligent in his own right, as well as very observant and perceptive, though he doesn't show it much due to being reflective and contemplative for most of the time.
- Dishing Out Dirt: It starts out as being able to detect vibrations from surroundings that is in contact with earthly elements.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: He is prone to this, justified because all the Tarot card holders practically lost all their memories, and gains new-old information very frequently.
- Leitmotif: It sounds like Quando Me'n Vo.
- Musical World Hypotheses
- Nice Guy: No wonder Wolf feels bad for him...
- What Happened to the Mouse?
Key/Engel Jean Despois, played by MotreeCard: The Strength/Fortitude
Target: The Magician (Tick)One of the older members of the group. Intelligent and good with music, but quite physically weak when it comes to taking blows. Tends to like showing off said intelligence and rubbing it in when he outsmarts someone. Very paternal towards Tyke, and is overall trying to find a way to get out of this with as little deaths as possible... By any means necessary.After nearly losing his life to Prosecution, he is taken away to recover by the Orchestrator, and regains his memories in exchange for aiding Gear and Tyke in hunting down Prosecution, who poses a threat to him. He is an agent working for OCMPA , and remembers his training as one. Now quite desensitized to death, he's much more willing to take extreme measures if in means protecting others... Even giving his own life, if need be.On the final day, he confronted John and the two had an all-out battle at their full strengths. This allowed the other participants to escape, but ultimately resulted in Key's death and the destruction and reconstruction of Washington DC.
- Badass Bookworm: His major interests are music and science... And he can hold his own in a fight. Not very durable due to having lost too much weight, though.
- Beneath the Mask: He always seems calm, encouraging, caring, and optimistic... Because he refuses to show his fear or worry, even if it's eating at him like crazy and driving him up a wall.
- Berserk Button: Hurting children, Tyke or his biological children in particular. That will probably trigger Unstoppable Rage. For an amusing rant, say you favor Creationism over evolution, that music isn't beneficial in society, or comment on his weight.
- Covert Pervert
- Eldritch Abomination: His last demonic form.
- First-Name Basis: Variation. After regaining his memories, he allows Gear and Tyke to call him by his actual first name as a sign of their alliance.
- Green Thumb
- Lethal Chef: Word of God, ironic considering how picky he is.
- Papa Wolf: NO SHIT.
- Picky Eater
Gear/Alex Wright, played by GilphonCard: The Star
Target: The Strength (Key)A 19-ish looking young man. Has an extremely deceptive nature, he consistently lies whenever asked for information, and is constantly retooling his personality to fit whatever situation he finds himself in, with the only constant being his habit of playing with his long ponytail while thinking. It seems even he isn't sure what his real personality is…
- Break the Cutie: Likely part of his backstory. He was apparently quite innocent in heart, mind, and spirit at the time of his first game despite being a thief. As he kept being put through more and more, the memory wipes began eroding away at him and he ended up picking up personality traits from the people he's met in the games.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
- Dark and Troubled Past: Hoo, boy. Here we go. He had to resort to being a petty thief as a child in order to survive due to his family being shit-poor and usually unable to afford a decent place to live. He eventually became quite skilled by age 13, and was hired by an alchemist going by the alias CHIMERA, who was infamous among those with knowledge of the supernatural for being a madman that created artificial human hybrids - Humans with their genetic and biological structure merged with a demon or other fantastic entity - without the consent of the subjects. He and a girl of the same age by the name of Natalie Abrahm became his main thieves, stealing reagents and equipment he needed for his work. The two kids were eventually stabbed in the back, however, when CHIMERA decided to make them into his next subjects, genuinely believing it would better their lives. Gear ended up getting put into solitary imprisonment and given several depressant and sedative drugs for several weeks in an attempt to break down his will and resistance to the future experimentation. It was at this point he was dragged into the Game. He survived, and was dragged into another a year later. This kept repeating, and he basically had to go through the game six times already, and the repeated memory wipes eventually started eroding away at his actual personality and memories... Even outside the game, his life is likely quite bumpy, as he could be working for another faction or could be working for CHIMERA again, and that's saying nothing of how patchy his memories must be with the combination of the long-term effects of the drugs used on him as a child and the yearly memory wipes. Astonishingly, he was apparently quite innocent in mind and spirit before all of this crap happened, and ended up being the sneaky, conniving little twit and compulsive liar we know today thanks to his original self getting buried and influence from people he's met in past Games.
- Hand Blast
- The Reveal: See Dark and Troubled Past above. Definitely explains why he is how he is.
Colt/Cross, played by Fake CrowleyCard: The Cross/High Priestess
Target: The Empress (Dolphin)A rather strange looking, strange acting teenager who was added to the game after Lucky was Killed Off for Real by the Orchestrator.
- An Axe to Grind: Can summon one.
- Berserk Button: Starting a sentence with the letter, "T," using electricity from between three and four AM, and walking in a straight line. Word of God says that those are only some of them.
- Cloudcuckoolander: See above.
- Healing Hands: This, too.
- Heroic Red Ring Of Death: Caused by talking normally. Possibly a case of Rule of Funny.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Well, obviously.
- Man in White
- Sixth Ranger: He joined ten days into the game.
- Strange-Syntax Speaker: Oh, my, yes.
- White Hair Dark Heart: Well, he's certainly white haired, though whether or not the trope completely applies is open for debate...
Shinji and Daisuke Akamura, played by Crystal GlaciaWolf's son and grandson. They appeared on Day Eight.
- Characterization Marches On: Shinji went from fiery to an asshole, and Daisuke got cunning.
- Cheerful Child: Daisuke.
- Good with Numbers: According to Word of God, Shinji teaches advanced maths in high school.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Shinji is the slightly more fiery red oni to his father's slightly calmer blue oni.
Khalynie/Adelina Rossi da Venezia, played by MotreeKey's demon familiar, usually taking the form of a rather mangy, unnatural cat. Takes a back seat in the action due to the fact that her help would be breaking the rules of the game, and demons are unable to go against rules... And the whole thing overall has very little to do with her... Or so it seems. In truth, she was once another unwilling participant in the game towards the end of the Italian Renaissance... Back when she was the human, Adelina Rossi da Venezia. Despite being drop-dead gorgeous in human form, her personality is a bit... Detestable.
- Annoying Laugh: Chichichichichi...
- Anything That Moves
- Lawful Evil
- Ship Tease: With Prosecution
- Stalker with a Crush: To anyone she takes a fancy to. Apparently does it for fun.
- Verbal Tic: Her giggle/laugh.
Suki Hiyama, played by MotreeAn OCMPA agent dispatched to investigate the happenings in DC, as well as to locate her missing squad mate. Typically acts relatively easygoing, but is known to have great physical strength, an ill temper, and the ability to hold a grudge for a ridiculously long amount of time.
- Action Girl
- Noodle Incident: Apparently, something happened with her and Wolf a long time ago. And she still isn't happy about it.
- Super Strength: Uses her psychic abilities to augment her strength.
Kota Yakumo, played by MotreeWolf's old drinking buddy from before the game. He's also Key's mentor from the OCMPA, and is a shapeshifting ice dragon.
- The Alcoholic
- Badass Longcoat: In the courtroom.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Is very much a Cloudcuckoolander and regularly gets hammered out of his mind, but is a very skilled fighter and, well, defense attorney.
- An Ice Person: In his first appearance, he complains about the heat in the narrative.
- Face of a Thug: Looks sorta intimidating, but he's usually a pretty nice guy, though.
Sora Akamura and Lien Thi KhangWolf's identical twin brother and sister-in-law. Kinda creepy in a way that makes you want to watch them carefully before running the hell away.
- Fille Fatale: Lien, by necessity.
- Legal Jailbait: Lien looks waaay too young to be married to 65-year-old Sora. She is often described as looking like a trophy wife.
- Our Mermaids Are Different
- The Stoic: Sora.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Why Lien kept staring at Gear when they met. Pleasant thought, huh?
Drake MilanoA seemingly young man that, thanks to his stereotypically nerdy appearance and speech impediment, comes off as very timid and awkward. He's the head of OCMPA's research department, and is the one responsible for discovering most of the players' identities thanks to his strong work ethic. Turns out, he's a very proud basilisk shifter, and can be quite the Jerkass when out of the public eye or trying to reach a specific goal.
- Chaotic Neutral
- Scaled Up
- Speech Impediment: He stutters. It's not out of fear or as part of an act, he just... stutters. Yeah.
Natalie AbrahmsA 21-year-old artificial human-mermaid hybrid working for CHIMERA. Worked alongside Gear when they were kids working for CHIMERA, and thought of him as a friend. Tried to fight John, but didn't do too well.
- Chaotic Good / Chaotic Neutral
- Love Martyr: Though it doesn't really apply in the romantic sense, she will go to extreme lengths and tends to lose common sense when it comes to people she cares about. Even if the last time she saw them was six years ago
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Similar to Lien in that she occasionally has to nom down a soul, but with the added bonus of being nearly strictly carnivorous.
- Yandere: YMMV, and even if she is it's quite mild.
Jay, played by ChubertCard:
Target:A twenty-something man with impeccably combed hair. He only speaks as much as he needs to and rarely shows much emotion in his speech or action. His sense of "duty" is twisted, to be sure, and he feels that he should protect the innocent, but he doesn't really know why. And anyways, what's the point...?
- Blow You Away
- Children Are Innocent: Fully believes this. Everyone else...
- Paper-Thin Disguise: It doesn't really work.
- Purple Eyes: Sees them in a nightmare.
Pencil, played by QQQQQ
- Playing with Fire: Not long after waking up, she used her power to melt the TV in her suite.
Bloody Mary, played by deathpigeon
Ring, played by GilphonCard:
- Doppelgänger: Her power.
Millant Deroux, played by Snowy FoxesCard: Queen of Cups
Target: Knight of Wands (West)Petite, spoiled, childish, and unafraid to use her looks to manipulate others. Killing, to her, is a chore, not a crime. Enjoys history and fine literature. Due to her height and knowledge of... things, her age is uncertain, but she assumes it to be sixteen.
Redd, played by Chihuahua0Card: King of Cups
Target: Queen of WandsA sixteen-year old with a resourceful mind but a tactless tongue that needs some improving.
- Bi the Way: It's hinted that he had/has a crush on West.
- Chess Motif: His trinket is a red bishop, hence his name.
- Covert Pervert
- Deadpan Snarker
- Green Thumb
Simon, played by neobullseyeCard: Queen of Pentacles
Target: Knight of Pentacles
- In the End, You Are on Your Own - It's what he believes in.
- Ineffectual Loner - Mostly due to the above.
- Berserk Button - Getting bossed around. Also the color red when applied to clothing, to some extent.
- Jerkass: When he met Claudia, she offered him sweets that she made herself. He tried them, and insulted their sweetness right before he told her just how much he hates sweets. Sure seems like a good man there, huh?
- Making a Splash
West/Doctor Adrian Dimitrievich Kunstler, played by Crystal GlaciaCard: Knight of Wands
Target: Page of Cups (Tuner)A tall, intimidating-looking, yet very attractive Caucasian man in a labcoat who, despite his appearance, is usually softspoken, polite, and contemplative when he's not outright screwing with somebody. Smiles near-constantly, and has poor alcohol tolerance.
- Badass Longcoat: Has three.
- Emoticon: : )
- Even the Guys Want Him: Implied that Redd feels this way about him.
- Mr. Fanservice: He pretty much looks unrealistically attractive, enough that one might assume that he's a magazine model, Hollywood actor, or spends his days surrounded by hot women in a Beverly Hills mansion.
- Perpetual Smiler: He doesn't look deranged or anything, just like he's... going for a walk.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: He acts so pleasant and gentlemanly that when players were asked to share their visualizations of character voices, most of them said that they thought he sounded British. He's Austrian, and with an accent that is admittedly hard to combine with his personality- even for his writer -given the stereotypes.
- Shockwave Clap / Stomp: He seems to prefer snapping his fingers, though.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He discovers that he's afraid of rats. He even tries to justify it by saying (to himself) that they might be carrying the bubonic plague.
Tear, played by neopieCard: Page of Swords
Target: King of Pentacles
- Emotionless Girl: Usually this, until she gets pissed off, due to former events in her life, unremembered as of now.
- Super Speed: Her power granted by her card.
- The Quiet One: Also this, until the moments when she becomes mad. Then rather the OPPOSITE happens.
Tangent, played by Evi I PaladinA curmudgeonly older man near West's age who dislikes teenagers. He died of a stroke in his sleep.
- Grumpy Old Man
- Making a Splash: His power is presumed to've been this, before he died and it got passed to Simon.
- We Hardly Knew Ye
Sally Crystal, played by DaltarCard:
Dean, played by TacoCard:
Target:An extremely high-strung, homophobic teenager with a fondness for formal clothing and Dean Martin, his namesake. He has a lot of issues and hatreds that need to be worked out, but is overall a very intelligent and analytical boy whose paranoia occasionally screws him over. Was given an iPod with the Dean Martin song Ain't That A Kick In The Head on loop.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Shout-Out: To Faceplant.
- Berserk Button: Lesbians. Inverted with Dean Martin's song, Ain't That A Kick In The Head.
- Dirty Coward: To a certain degree. It mostly manifests with him being overly suspicious and only looking out for his own team.
- Moe: Openly hates and defies it. Ironically engages in behaviors that would be Moe, if anyone but Dean was doing them.
- Politically Incorrect Hero: He hates lesbians, for currently undefined reasons.
Three-San, played by Fake CrowleyA Japanese man who has an unnatural love for puns, Western and Eastern Pop Culture, and references to Freud. Has a tendency to over-embellish his own thoughts, to the extent that he's not entirely aware of which of his memories of the real world are factual and which aren't. Despite his exaggerated thought patterns, he seems somewhat rational, and one of the first things he does after awakening is to hide his card in his shoe and lock his phone.
Tuner, played by DealanCard: Page of Cups
Target: Queen of Swords (Arzt)A young man about twenty years old, Tuner woke up in a room with a violin peg in his one hand, an explosive collar in his neck and the ability to create axes out of thin air. Considering all that, he adjusts to the situation suspiciously easily, hinting that his past may have been (just a little bit) weird. He evidently would have very much liked being a Chessmaster and immediately starts doing actions that he hopes will pay off weeks later, but lacks the necessary skills to be able to pull off realistic plans. He is paranoid and distrustful, and assumes that everyone else is the same way. Despite what his actions may indicate, for the most part he improvises, hoping for the best.
Rosa, played by MotreeCard:
Target: Queen of Cups (Millant)A young, white-haired and distant girl who seems to have a lot more to her than meets the eye. Will tend to act shy and timid outside her team, particularly around men close to her age. However, when out of other teams' sight, she can be very cold and efficient. Seems to have come from a wealthy family and seems to have a sun allergy. Had a brief memory flash on Day 0, and questions the type of individual she was before the Game.
- Does Not Like Men
- Mafia Princess: Heavily implied. On Day Two, she sawed Arzt's ear off for insubordination.
- Mind over Matter: She can basically turn any object into a high-speed projectile.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After realizing the full implications of her actions while she was enraged on Day 2. Let's just say she caused this round's equivalent of last round's ordeal with Prossy and the hotel.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Sugar and Ice Personality
- Tranquil Fury: After the initial yelling, she will be dead calm as usual, even when in the process of cutting off her teammate's ear. She regrets it afterwards.
Arzt, played by Snowy FoxesCard: Queen of Swords
Target: Page of Swords (Tear)A young German man who may or may not be a real doctor despite the syringe he woke up with, so do not trust him with your injuries. He may seem unbalanced; sudden loud noises, flashes of light, or unexpected touch will send him ducking for cover and prolonged social interaction will prompt him to curl in a ball and wait for himself to "reset." He takes to imitating a cat and generally ignoring social norms because he feels like it. However, he reasons that since he is fully aware he seems insane, he must not be insane. He is obsessed with the identity of the girl who sometimes appears to him when his memory may be coming back. These memories seem to be closest to the surface when he is asleep or playing piano.
- Badass Longcoat: Woke up with it. He eventually finds that it seems familiar.
- Big Eater
- Cloudcuckoolander: When he's babbling, he tends to jump topics quickly.
- Hates Being Touched: Not suddenly, anyway.
- Germanic Efficiency: He can go into this mode, usually on the piano.
- Gratuitous German: He suspects that it's his native language.
- Man Child
- Shock and Awe
Bunny, played by DelimanmanCard:
Cherry, played by SaturnCard:
Samara Amarante "Iudicium"The somewhat enigmatic head of OCMPA, a slight woman of few words that tends to observe from the sidelines rather than involve herself directly in a situation. Places a lot of emphasis on others acting for themselves and deciding their own future. People always seem to trust her judgement, so her descisions to be absolute. Though she appears human,she has an aura about her that makes it quite clear she isn't.
- Lawful Neutral
- Meaningful Name: Both names. "Iudicium" is Latin for "Judgement". "Samara" basically translates to "elm tree", often seen as symbolic of strength and wisdom. "Amarante" references the amaranth flower, which in turn derives its name from the Greek word amarantos, meaning "unfading". All three reveal her true nature.
- Nerves of Steel
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin
- The Quiet One: Generally does not speak unless spoken to, and generally tries to be as terse with her responses as possible.
- The Stoic
- Time Abyss: Has been alive longer than anyone can remember.
Cole Schneider "Celsius"A very strange young man working with the OCMPA. He behaves very energetically and childishly most of the time, and has a tendency to be very literal minded. There is a distinct uncanniness to him, that, in combination with his bizarre behavior, tends to make him very socially awkward. Regardless, he seems to be an eternal optimist, with mathematical skills beyond genius... Inhuman, in fact.
- Artificial Human: Is a type of automated clockwork doll.
- Good with Numbers
- Literal-Minded: Don't use metaphors or idioms with him. Just don't, unless you want some laughs. It's not just a case of Comically Missing the Point with him, it's doing a complete U-turn not even close to the point and going in the opposite direction and reaching a different conclusion entirely.
- Stepford Smiler: Seeing as he's actually a Magitek automated doll, he doesn't have any emotions to speak of. The cheerful, friendly guy you know? Merely how he was designed to act. Anyone with the knowledge of how to do it could easily reprogram him into becoming the ruthless killing machine he was initially created to be, even cause him to betray his old "friends" and "allies".
- Uncanny Valley
Bryon Samuel "Seeker"A Hispanic man from the Dominican Republic and an old friend of Engel's. Although quite useless in combat, his one power will be vital in hunting down John and the Orchestra- the ability to see all of the fantastic and otherworldly as what they actually are. Calm and collected most of the time, but sometimes gets a little overly dramatic.
- Berserk Button: Do not, under any circumstances, call him a Mexican.
- Glamor Failure: Basically causes this in everything non-normal, as he can see them as they really are.
- Large Ham: He has his moments.
- Sensor Character
Suki Hiyama "Koutetsu"An Asian woman in charge of the team alongside Bryon. She is known for her passion for her job, her immense strength, bad temper, and ability to hold a grudge for a ludicrously long time. Despite this, she can be quite protective and motherly, as she has a daughter of her own.
- Berserk Button: Perverts, cowards, and lazy people.
- Noodle Incident: Ryu Akamura/Wolf from the last game apparently (accidentally) did something she'd never forgive him for. She's regretting never formally forgiving him, though, seeing as he recently passed. She even left flowers for him at his grave.
- Super Strength
Skye Neilson "Chaos"Normally works as one of the two cooks in Adrian Kunstler/West's home. Collaborating with OCMPA to hunt down John, as he worries about Caleb and his wife's future, and also because his boss went missing. . . And if he can finally end things with a certain someone, that's an added bonus. Typically seems like an aloof jerk most of the time, but is actually a really sweet guy when you get to know him.
- Papa Wolf: For Caleb.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Male example, though he can tend to be a bit more of a jerk to males.
- Supreme Chef: His main talents are cooking and singing.
Caleb Neilson "Erebus"Skye's practically identical son and personal student of Adrian, a seemingly-emotionless 6-year-old boy that is very mature and focused for his age. Surprisingly skilled with warfare and desensitized to its aftermath, which raises suspicion considering his parents are trying to push him away from such things. Has difficulty comprehending and understanding people, but animals seem to really like him. The feeling is mutual. Has a cute little baby kitsune named Nico, who is Nina's son.
- Artificial Human: Is actually a clone of Skye created by a now-defunct enemy faction.
- Child Soldier: Formerly, before he and Skye were rescued by OCMPA.
- Cute and Psycho
- Emotionless Boy
- Happily Adopted: Is a clone of Skye, but was taken in as his son. Later, Skye married Selene and the three are currently a happy and close family with a fourth member, a daughter, on the way.
- Sweet Tooth: Can be bribed into doing pretty much anything if offered some of the sweets his dad makes.
- The Stoic
NicoCaleb's adorable, tiny pet fox kit; he's the runt of his litter. He's goofy and laid-back, but is actually a rare male kitsune. Nina of Teru's faction is his mother.
Natalie AbrahmsA 22-year-old artificial mermaid hybrid formerly affiliated with CHIMERA. Chose to side with long-time enemy faction OCMPA out of devotion to Alex Wright, a close friend from her younger years. Often seen as being a merciless, psychotic killer by her enemies, she's actually a very kind, funloving girl once you get to know her.
- Blood Knight: Loves a good fight, especially if it's nonlethal and just for fun or practice.
- Celibate Hero: Doesn't want to mate, due to the Viral Transformation it induces in men during intercourse.
- Chaotic Good: Will go against all authority if it means helping others in need or ensuring others' happiness.
- For Happiness: Is a self-proclaimed ethical hedonist.
- Glamour Failure: Hasn't quite mastered making her teeth look like those of a human. She's gotten better, but there's a reason she never smiles with her mouth open.
- Love Martyr: Not in the romantic sense, but will go to great lengths for those she cares about, even if they're a complete bastard to her.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Is hybridized with a type of European mermaid, a particularly nasty sort with the fish half being remniscent of scorpionfish, also a mostly-carnivorous sort with rather sharklike teeth. When in mermaid form, she basically has a ton of venomous spines on her several fins. Like all mermaids, she periodically has to engage in eating souls to stay alive.
Amadeus "Kota" Svekrovna
- The Alcoholic
- Badass Longcoat: In the courtroom.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Is very much a Cloudcuckoolander and regularly gets hammered out of his mind, but is a very skilled fighter and, well, defense attorney.
- Cloudcuckoolander: It's especially evident in his narrations.
- Embarrassing First Name: More like full name, hence why he goes by Kota. His given name is ironic in that it's Mozart's middle name, even though he lacks musical talent.
- An Ice Person: In his first appearance, he complains about the heat in the narrative.
- Face of a Thug: Looks sorta intimidating, but he's usually a pretty nice guy, though.
- Wastebasket Ball
Levi Hobbes "Sleeping Dragon", played by Lucius-VerusLevi was just a normal boy, born to moderately wealthy British parents, who had immigrated to America after he was conceived. When he came of age, he enlisted in the US Army, while studying political philosophy. For a few years things looked good, until one occult research experiment and a dishonorable discharge later, he fell out of contact with his parents and became a wandering vagrant. He eventually made it to Germany, where he was discovered by the OCMPA and offered a job. How could he ever refuse a chance such as this to redeem himself?
- Brilliant, but Lazy: A by-product of his previously transient lifestyle; he would love nothing more than to sleep and do nothing all day.
- Combat Pragmatist: A given, considering he was an actual soldier at one point.
- Genius Bruiser: His major was political philosophy.
- Knight in Sour Armor: What he's become thanks to the aforementioned noodle incident.
- Noodle Incident: How he went from living his dream to being a penniless hobo.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Overlaps with Our Werewolves Are Different and Instant Awesome, Just Add Dragons.
- Weapon of Choice: Trench knives.
Alex "Gear" Wright "Clockwork", played by Gilphon
Alex W.T. Mandal "Broadsword", played by Dragon573
Dominik Skaille, played by Zeldalink53Son of the apparent spy for the OCMPA known only as Phantom, Dominik has a muscular build. Standing about about 5'11", he has brown hair and green eyes. He usually wears combat fatigues, and seems to dislike shoes.
- Does Not Like Shoes
- Meaningful Name: His surname, Skaille, was crafted from the Scottish Gaelic word sgaile, meaning shadow, shade, reflection, veil, mask, covering, ghost, or specter.
Moon Bloomberg "Locator", played by Fake Crowley
John StathamThe villain of the series, and the only one that can give the contestants their memories back. He is an enigmatic figure who seems to be fond of riddles. He is very likely to be otherworldly.
- Affably Evil: He genuinely cares about the contestants, but is still the one that forced them to play the game.
- Big Bad
- Cryptic Conversation: Always, in some way, shape, or form. After all, he provided the page quote.
- Fan Nickname: "Orcy".
- Pun"...Sadly, that contestant wasn't as smart... he was just Lucky."
- Really 700 Years Old: He states in the narrative at one point that he's been "on this planet" for "two millennia and some odd years".
- Some Call Me John: He really dislikes "The Orchestrator", so he wants to be called John.
The Orchestrator II/Clarence, played by Infinite Paragon
- Affably Evil: This one seems to be a little nicer to the contestants this time around, what with splurging on iPhones and even sending helpful little text messages to warn them before they do something suicidal like try to buy weapons.
Vladimir, played by SlowzombieTall, dark and very, very, very Russian, this sharp-dressed young fellow could easily have been some middle-level bond villain during the years the Soviets still were feasible threats. Although his command of the English language leaves something to be desired, his cunning, agility and powers of water control makes underestimating him unwise.Surprisingly, he has as of yet never talked at length about Vodka or the state of things in the CCCP
- Alien Blood: His blood is clear and colorless.
- Eloquent in My Native Tongue: Is not as stupid as he sounds, which is fortunate.
Leon Fell, played by Neobullseye
- The Smart Guy: Having trained his mind over the ages, he bacame highly skilled with computers and other technology, is able to quickly make new strategies and can crack/deduce just about any human-made coding. He still has problems with computer-made coding due to the sheer randomness involved.
- Fragile Speedster: In order to be able to infiltrate buildings, he has trained his body sheerly on speed, failing in any direct combat very quickly.
- The Cracker: He tends to use his technological expertise for personal gain.
- Berserk Button: Leon... doesn't like dumb people, or people who act dumb for anything other than getting out of trouble. It's more likely to send him into a Tranquil Fury than an actual rage though.
Samuel Shaw, played by Lucius-VerusBorn around the time of the Black Plague, Samuel was one of the first to show immunity to the plague's effects. However, this wasn't the only thing he was born with, as he soon discovered his shapeshifting ability and the fact that he was immortal. Having no parents to tell him otherwise, he began exploiting his powers for fun and profit. He has built an impressive repetoire of skills over the centuries, mostly pertaining to martial arts, deception, and infiltration. This too became boring, however, which is why he answered John's call to join the Orchestra.
- The Ageless
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Although fights tend to ruin the whole infiltration thing, he turns into this should he actually get into one.
- Lightning Bruiser
Atlas, played by The New Rapture
Tick, played by Crayon Monster
- Meaningful Name: All of their codenames mean something to their bearers.
- Teru means 'sunshine' in Japanese. He is leading the faction to avenge Ryu Akamura's death, and Ryu was a sun cultist.
- Vince was born into a branch of the Anakali clan. The clan was named after its signature magic, which means 'north wind'. The Greeks believed that the north wind brought winter.
- Matt's mother, Lily has some heavily diluted fairy ancestry that was mostly restored by Vince's genetic engineering. Naturally, Matt and his three siblings inherited this as well. Fay is an archaic term for a fairy.
- Luka's little sister, Anna has been obsessed with aliens ever since her brother got her a green alien plushie for Christmas. A martian is a specific type of alien.
- Taiko is both Japanese for 'drum' and is a type of traditional Japanese drum. Sora has years of experience directing percussion, and loves his percussionists in a tough love kind of way.
- Hasu is Japanese for 'Lotus', and is also what Lien translates to. The Egyptians believed that breathing the aroma of the lotus flower had health benefits, and she is an apothecary.
- A theorem is essentially the math version of a theory- a proposition proved through an accepted truth. Kinda hard to explain, and befitting of a man like Shinji who seems to live for math.
- In the original Japanese, Astro Boy is called Tetsuwan Atomu, or Mighty Atom. Daisuke is a huge fan of Astro Boy, hence Atom.
- Kyuu is Japanese for nine, and Kitsune were said to have nine tails.
TeruThe shady leader of the faction. He doles out orders to the rest of the team. His real identity is Shinji Akamura.
- Mission Control
- Scary Shiny Glasses: Because his computer screen is always reflecting in his glasses.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Attempted it.
Vinicio Acquati, "Winter"Better known as simply Vince, he is... difficult to describe. Vince is not human, and bears many strange and often frightening powers, mannerisms, and other attributes. His thought patterns are inscrutably odd, and his behavior calls up images of faintly eccentric Renaissance men. Often fiddles with a strange medallion carved from crystal, and is a really, really good cook.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: He does not have blood or internal organs, and is thermophilic, meaning that he feeds on heat. He is human only in appearance and mind, and even those are starting to go.
- Character Tics: He has a glass medallion that he's often seen playing with. It's actually an insignia showing that he's a member of the Anakali clan, and always keeping it on him imprints his magical signature onto it, much like how an animal rubs its scent on objects to denote ownership.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Ever so slightly.
- Complete Immortality: His body is far from indestructible, but as far as his consciousness goes, it'll live on in this world as long as his cores remain unharmed, which are pretty much Made of Diamond incarnate as long as he stays away from other members of his alien race.
- Deaf Composer: He lost his sense of taste, smell, and touch when he gained his powers, but he can still sense temperature. It made him very sad, because what's a chef if he can't taste or smell?
- Fan Nickname: 'Vincey'.
- Humanoid Abomination: Even just being around him and watching him for a while will make the average Joe detect something really wrong with him. It's not too bad... yet.
- Improbable Weapon User: His medallion. He literally throws it around with his psychic powers and can make shit come out of it. Its intended purpose is to secure magical contracts in his home country.
- Not That Kind of Doctor: He has around ten doctorates in a variety of things running the gamut from liberal arts to technical sciences. If you want to give him a title, he'll just tell you to use 'Professor', because he's been a professor of lots of things. And the closest he's ever been to practicing medicine was being a plague doctor in the 1300s. He described it as barely medicine.Vince: The job was like this- when someone asks you to look at their child/parent/grandparent/uncle/aunt/niece/nephew/sibling, you follow them to their house and examine the sick person with a stick that may or may not double as a club in the occasion that you get mobbed. When asked if you can help them, you shake your head, hold out your hand for payment, and leave.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He's quite nice most of the time. The almost blood-red shade is kind of his trademark.
- Renaissance Man
- Supreme Chef: An accurate descriptor for him would be 'culinary genius'. Daisuke begs to differ; he claims that Vince's food tastes 'impersonal'. To everyone else, his food tastes super amazing. But like most real-life examples, his largely improvised style of cooking does not translate well to baking.
- Scare the Dog: Skittish animals such as birds and the horses that he should've grown up with are simply freaked out by him. Horses think that he's just this... horrid Eldritch Abomination and usually flee in fear if they don't kick or bite him first.
- Blind Weaponmaster: With his cane, that can change into a stave. The guy lives in New York City, and he of course looks like an easy mugging target.
- Disabled SnarkerMatt: "There's one small problem- I kinda can't see what the hell I'm doing, okay? Just thought that might be useful to know."
- Disabled Character, Disabled Actor: In-universe, of course. Every character that he plays is blind and villainous, and he's skilled enough to make each and every role he plays powerful and resonant.
- Disabled Snarker
- British Teeth: Defied thanks to his mother's desire to keep the kids at the Japanese school he went to from making fun of his teeth. And he also works in the American acting industry, and they like nice smiles.
- Cane Fu: He will hit you with his metal cane if you call him useless, The Load, 'disadvantaged', 'defective' or anything of the sort that implies that he cannot benefit society or take care of himself. Hell, he may just hit you anyways if he so much as thinks that that's what's going through your mind or senses your pitying expression.
- Celebrity Is Overrated: He feels like hanging himself after getting attacked by a Fangirl, and one who's a member of the Fan Dumb at that.
- Dawson Casting: He intentionally invoked this when he crafted nineteen-year-old Isaiah Rennel at the age of thirty-seven. And the fact that the actor is almost twice the character's age makes it a pretty damn extreme case at that. He does, however, at least look close to his early twenties.
- Hair Antennae: A subversion in that they are actual, functioning antennae and are far less pronounced than most examples, looking more like absurdly thick strands of hair that blend in with his bangs.
- Humanoid Abomination: Jay apparently thinks this of Matt within a few seconds of seeing his eye color, but in a subversion, he's one of the more 'normal' ones in the RP.
- Pretty Boy: In addition to looking young for his age, he's just pretty.
- Ring of Power: Has three. The two on his index fingers link to his staff and allow a greater degree of synchronization with his magic abilities. The one on his right ring finger allows him to feel his world through energy signatures.
- Shock and Awe: It's not that strong; he can't conjure up enough energy to create arcs, for instance.
- Simple Staff: What he can change his cane into. He just balances the weight.
- Uncanny Valley / Mind-Control Eyes/ Purple Eyes: His eyes are blank and unmoving. Combined with the violet color, it makes his eyes so distinctive, they've been made into a part of his public persona. Thus, unlike most blind people, he does not usually keep them covered unless there is a legitimate possibility that he might damage his eyes further.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Engel, before his death. They were a Type Two, and used to hurl ethnic slurs at each other, with Matt as 'Limey' and Engel as 'Frog'. On Day Two, he 'conceded defeat' by eating a lime for Engel's 38th birthday.
- Weak, but Skilled
Luka Volkov, "Martian"A Russian man whose main hallmark is his average, exaggeratedly forgettable appearance. He uses this to his advantage when he acts as a difficult-to-track spy. Keeps a not-so-normal hunting dog and hawk as pets; namely, they can understand human speech, among other things. He himself has limited access to fire and lightning magic thanks to some very diluted Promethian ancestry.
- The Beastmaster: His hawk, Makar, makes an excellent scout.
- The Nondescript
- Playing with Fire / Shock and Awe: The Promethians are an ancient magical race known for attaining absolute mastery over fire and lightning-based magics. Not so normal now, huh?
- We Are as Mayflies: Even though he's like 1/16 Promethian, he can still expect to live to be about 150.
Sora Akamura, "Taiko"The identical twin brother of Ryu Akamura, a former contestant who lost his life to the game. Stoic, and quite unsettling in such a way that makes one want to watch him carefully before they run the hell away, because he's a merman. And merfolk need to eat souls.Likes percussion.
- Blue and Orange Morality: He has stopped feeling bad about eating someone's soul every month because it's what he has to do to survive. He's still creepy as hell.
- First-Name Basis: Oddly enough, even with his students. This is to avoid confusion with Ryu.
- Friend to All Children: Oddly enough, he's a loving father and excellent child psychiatrist. Children are pretty much the only people he can be guaranteed to be genuinely, purely nice to.
- Older Than They Look: Double subverted. He uses his shapeshifting abilities to age himself up to 65 so he can genuinely look like Ryu's identical twin brother. His real appearance is that of himself when he was 24, which was when Lien turned him.
- Power Tattoo: Has tattoos over his upper chest and upper arms that augment his strength, plus intricate eyespot tattoos on his upper back that are meant to intimidate potential predators. The strength tattoos are ceremonial for mermen, while the both sexes gain the eyespot ones. Mermen with many scars over their tattoos have survived many fights, and thus look more intimidating.
- The Stoic: Occasionally has flashes of what seems like faked emotion, like when he smiles at his percussionists.Sora: "I like John Mackey's works quite a lot, and his love of all things percussion shows in every piece he makes. I love my percussion. You know that, right?" *smile*Percussionists: [/monotone] "Yes, Sora."
- Technically a Smile: Whenever he smiles at somebody who isn't a child, his smiles look like he hasn't totally mastered it.
- Unholy Matrimony: With Lien. His job is to basically protect her from other merfolk, bring her prey when she lays her egg, and hand over corpses for her to drink the blood out of when he's done eating their soul.
- Virgin Sacrifice: He just likes how their souls taste. Still creepy.
- Your Soul Is Mine
- We Are as Mayflies: Unlike his female counterpart, he has a finite lifespan of about four centuries thanks to fights and disease. The only way a merman can live to be much older than that is by being strong enough to survive those two things.
Lien Thi Khang, "Hasu"Sora's wife. She is a mermaid, and looks far too young to be married to her husband. Also similarly unsettling, though her kind, motherly personality draws attention away from it. In addition to eating a soul, she also drinks blood and has small fangs. Yum.
- Blood Lust: Like female mosquitoes, she drinks blood to nourish her egg.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Like her husband, she's desensitized herself to the welfare of potential prey.
- Cute Little Fangs: Until she's ready to feed. Then...
- Fille Fatale: By necessity, and literally. When she's finished feeding on a man, she literally dumps him on the beach where he was drowned.
- Legal Jailbait: For the record, she looks like she's in her late teens, more like Sora could be her father rather than husband.
- Life Drinker / The Ageless: As long as she can find prey, she'll live forever. Males have no such luck.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: For one thing, she seems to be piscine and mammalian at the same time, given that she lays an egg and nurses her young.
- Power Tattoo: Like all eastern mermaids, she has tattoos over her lower abdomen and around her breasts that make her child stronger and her milk more plentiful when she nurses. Plus the eyespots.
- Unholy Matrimony: With Sora.
- Viral Transformation: Mermaids can turn a human(oid) male into a merman by having sexual intercourse with him. He will stay her mate for life. Even his psychology shifts from protecting himself to protecting his mate at all costs.
- Your Soul Is Mine
Shinji Akamura, "Theorem"A Japanese calculus teacher who's not too happy about losing his father now that the man has finally 'sided' with his mistreatment of Daisuke. Was known in high school as 'Ryu's douchey son who's only good for borrowing notes from'. Considering that he lived in New York during the 1980s, the fact that he contributed to gang activity should not come as too much of a surprise. After spending some time in federal prison, it permanently altered his character and relationship with his father; the two would never see eye to eye again.
- Abusive Dad: He never beat Daisuke, he just emotionally abused the kid.
- Black Sheep: Was booted from the Akamura family several years ago.
- Characterization Marches On: He was far nicer in AGoC.
- Delinquent: Used to be one, and still kinda is.
- Flash Step
- Good with Numbers: He was a math prodigy as far back as elementary school, but he's still not as good as Cole. It pisses him off, but what doesn't?
- Hired Guns
- Humiliation Conga: Wow. It all started when Simon caused a blowup at the hospital that caused the OCMPA to be deployed. His seven-year-old son totally destroyed Shinji's Evil Plan by exposing his identity as Teru, proceeded to lose it and have his legs kicked out from under him by said son, pwned by an old woman, given a "Reason You Suck" Speech, had his reputation imploded, beaten at math by a nine-year-old girl, and finally arrested.
- Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk: He seems to care about Daisuke, but only because he's his pet Child Soldier.
- Knife Nut: Always has a couple hidden in his clothes for no good reason.
- Missing Mom: His mother, Ami Tachibana died in childbirth.
- The Svengali: He's trying to force Daisuke into being an elite killer-for-hire using his relationship as the kid's father to his advantage. Nice guy, huh?
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Ryu once said that Daisuke reminded him so much of Shinji at that age.
Daisuke Akamura, "Atom"Shinji's adorable seven-and-a-half-year-old son. Though absurdly cute, he knows some pretty shocking skills.
- Badass Normal
- Blush Sticker: Inserted into his profile pic mainly for comedic purposes.
- Cheerful Child / Creepy Child: He indulges in both at times, but his grandpa's death has been making him lean closer to creepy. And he does not grow up into a Keet.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness
- Flash Step: In shorter bursts than his dad, because his human mother diluted the magic strength.
- Missing Mom: He misses her, even though she left when he was six months old.
- Mouthy Kid: Can get like this at times, mainly when he's not feeling well.Daisuke: "It was so much easier last time. In D.C., they were like, 'oh, thank you for helping us!' and here, they're like, 'oh, I have to hide my collar and everyone is secretly working for the Game and the moment I step out that door everyone's going to kill me AAAAAA'"
- Please Wake Up: It was more like he was in denial, however.
- Street Urchin: Attempted to seem like one; he pulled off the childish lying part a little too well and made the people he was trying to fool think he actually was lying.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior
- Cute and Psycho
- Deliberately Cute Child: He knows that the average adult or even teenager who doesn't deal with children on a regular basis can't tell the difference between three-year-olds, five-year-olds, seven-year-olds, and usually everything in between. It would be a waste for him to not take advantage of that fact.
- Knife Nut
- Wise Beyond Their Years: He's very intelligent and more insightful than your average adult, and maybe even his own father.
- White Sheep
Nina, "Kyuu"A kitsune who lives with Adrian/West. Though very calm and emotionless, she seems to have an unhealthy obsession with Adrian. She gave birth to a litter of four kits while in her fox form, one of which is Nico. Has a Compelling Voice and can utilize divine fire. Very, very beautiful.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Even though she's supposedly emotionless.
- Compelling Voice
- Emotionless Girl
- The Fair Folk: She's a kitsune, a Japanese fox demon.
- Glamour Failure: Like mythical kitsune, she cannot say 'moshi moshi', and may accidentally let a tail or ears show if drunk or careless. And she cannot hide her eyes.
- Playing with Fire
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: It's part of being a kitsune, after all. The same goes for her son.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Can change between a fox and a woman at will.
Marla Isaakevna KunstlerAdrian/West's adoptive daughter in ghost form. She was shot to death during a Nazi raid in 1945, departed, then was allowed to finish her schooling on Earth, where she met Bryon, Skye, Suki, Matt, Cole, Sora, and Lien. After she graduated, she departed again, and has returned- albeit in Jacob Marley Apparel -out of concern for her adoptive father.
- Cute Ghost Girl: She's more 'beautiful' than 'cute'. Just ignore the bloodstains.
- Happily Adopted: Her birth parents died in a workshop fire, then Adrian and Sophia adopted her.
- Jacob Marley Apparel: When she died, she was showing her pale yellow 18th birthday party dress to her adoptive father, Nazis raided the house, and shot everyone. When that happened, she wasn't wearing any shoes, she had long hair, and she was, of course, in her dress. And a corset, because that's the only way the dress will fit.
- Tomboy: When she was going to school, she cut her hair short and her clothing choices were androgynous enough to make it possible for one to mistake her for a boy. Now she's in a dress and corset, so...
- Woman in White: Pale yellow, but close enough.
RanRyu's Japanese bobtail. Though she can't speak and is mundane in every way, she is not happy about her owner's death. She latched onto Arzt quickly because he apparently feels kinda like Ryu. Comes from a line of Japanese bobtails raised by him.
- Cats Are Spiteful, Mean, And Evil Little Bastards, But Only Towards Certain People
- Cloudcuckoolander: Her monologues and sense of Insane LOLCat Logic.
- Maneki Neko: Was trained to know how to sit like one.
- Trademark Favorite Food: 'Fisheh', in her words.
ClaudiaA young woman working at a hotel in Monaco. She's very sweet-natured, but very timid and flighty and a bit of a klutz. She seems to enjoy baking, and is good friends with Jack and Will. Has very little backbone and low self-esteem.
- Can Not Spit It Out: Towards Will.
- Fragile Flower: Will cry with little provokation.
- Gentle Giant: She wouldn't hurt a fly. She'd probably just jump when it flies by her ear.
- She's Got Legs: Given her height.
- Statuesque Stunner: Stands somewhere between 6' and 6'1". In addition, she has a broad chest and shoulders and wide hips.
'The flaming guy'As his nickname suggests, the flaming guy is a man who made his entrance in the form of a humanoid figure Wreathed in Flames. He appeared to the OCMPA's player characters while they were investigating the Tokyo incident, and, reportedly unimpressed with them, proceeded to reduce Hawk's body to ashes.
Ryu AkamuraSora's identical twin brother and Shinji's father. He died last round, and the agenda that he left behind after his death is what's driving the entire Teru faction. Not exactly a wholesome individual.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Spiteful Evil Old Guy, or noble martyr?
- Black Cloak: His haori.
- Kimono Is Traditional: Now that he hangs around the Celestial Plain, he wears a kimono every day and still remembers how to put one on properly. Needless to say, he can be quite Japanese when he feels like it.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: He used to be Ran's owner, and his love for her shows.
- Knight Templar / Well-Intentioned Extremist: Depends if you think he's a good guy or bad guy.
- My Death Is Just the Beginning
- The Patriarch: Of a Big Screwed-Up Family of mainly douchebags.
- Posthumous Character
- Unscrupulous Hero
Engel Jean DespoisAn OCMPA agent and contestant of last round, and supposedly the "winner" of the Game. After regaining his memories after nearly losing his life, he vowed to himself to get as many people as he could out, even if it cost him his own life. He is the one who alerted OCMPA to John and the Game's existence. A powerful user of demonic magic through a pact with the demon, Adelina Rossi, he planned to try to take John down. On the final day, he and John engaged in an all-out battle against each other while OCMPA evacuated the players... Along with the rest of DC. This battle eventually ended in Engel's death and the destruction and subsequent reconstruction of DC. However, perhaps he has still left a mark on John...?
- Badass Bookworm
- Deal with the Devil: One of these has sentenced him to an afterlife as a demon.
- Eldritch Abomination: His form at full power.
- Heroic Sacrifice
- Lawful Good / Neutral Good
- Papa Wolf: God help you if you try to harm his children, or any child for that matter.
- Posthumous Character
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Was this with Matthias Cline before passing away. Type Two. They'll be getting along perfectly fine one second, and then the next second they're pulling out the verbal grenade launchers loaded with ethnic slurs and other colorful insults. After this is over, they're back to getting along like nothing happened. He also is this with Adelina, in a bizarre sort of way.
Adelina Rossi/KhalynieA demon of lust whom Engel formed a pact with in his younger years. When on Earth, she would often take the form of either a mangy cat or her rather stunning human form. An unrelenting flirt simply in it for the fun, she ended up winning the heart of Alex Mandal in the previous Game and was in fact a victim of a previous Game held around the time of the Italian Renaissance, back when she was a human. After Engel's death, she needed to return to Hell, leaving Mandal behind. However, things may not all be well with her... Or was it simply an illusion?
Asimi, played by Crystal GlaciaA heavily tattooed man whose rough, tanned skin points towards a life as a laborer. Apathetic and usually can't be expected to talk about something unless he actually cares about it. So far, he's proving to be a lone wolf who simply wants to get his objective done as efficiently as he can. Hates children, especially those too old who still behave like children, and has a Greek-sounding accent.
- Child Hater
- Defrosting Ice King
- Human Notepad
- Ineffectual Loner
- Loners Are Freaks: Heavily tattooed, sleazy, barely literate freaks.
Gauze, played by Chubert
Blue, played by Chihuahua0A disgruntled teenager with a high height and the urge to be in control. Being a follower doesn't cut it. He may or may not approach situations in an analytic way, and he may or may not be a sucker for perky girls. His power is the ability to develop bio-armor as another layer of skin. Nothing much is known about his exact motivations...yet.
- Body Horror/Lovecraftian Superpower: The possible outcome of his power.
- Clothing Damage: The inevitable outcome of his power.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Choleric.
- The Kirk
- Large and in Charge: He's six feet and (at least) thinks of himself as the leader of his group.
- Neutral Selfish
- Only Sane Man: From his viewpoint, at least, and the type of person he aims to be.
- Straight Gay
- Super Toughness
Flip, played by NeopieA teenage girl with the power of water with...personality issues, swinging from a particularly nice girl to a sadistic girl.
Rock, played by Gilphon
Judas, played by deathpigeon
Maus, played by Snowy Foxes
Paper, played by Dealan
Flick, played by Neobullseye
- Animorphism: Only to mammals though.
- Clothing Damage / Wardrobe Malfunction: A logical result of aforementioned Animorphism, Flick either becomes too small or too large for his own clothes, causing them to either fall uselessly to the ground or be turned to shreds (and fall uselessly to the ground).
- Involuntary Shapeshifter: On the morning of day one, Flick discovered that his hands and face had partly transformed into that of a wolf. Screaming ensued.
Ace, played by SaturnA teenage girl with the power of Earth.
Sheriff, played by Taco
Sprocket, played by Lost Paladin
Link, played by AqueosA teenage boy who hasn't gotten quite in control of things.
- Emotion Bomb: A possibility resulting from his powers.
- Masterof Unlocking Compared to everyone else at least if blowing up the door isn't counted as unlocking.
- The Empath His power
- The Medic Random medical knowledge, gotten from somewhere
- Straight Gay
- Street Urchin Had the appearance of one at the beginning of the competition.