Tentatively-titled plots I'm (sort of) working on that could or may already be posted for viewing someday
Currently, all of my works take place in the same universe, focusing on a planet tentatively called Aitherion. Here, human civilization began tens of thousands of Earthen years ago, technology levels run the gamut from stone-age to Crystal Spires and Togas, merfolk, dragons, and faeries control a good portion of the world, and magic is commonplace in the lives of all and incredibly diverse in how it is applied and has shaped its users.
- The Water Bearer: An immortal, millennia-old family man discovers one night that whatever gave him his immortality also endowed him with telekinetic abilities, which manifest for the first time in the form of a dissociative episode that leaves one of his children dead and another close to it. With the help of his wife and mother-figure, he tries to heal and uncover what happened that day, and how. Includes depression, racial activism, domestic life as a plutocrat, and Food Porn.
- The Pseudo-Retirement of a Painted Servant: A backstory piece about Tsadro Oriyand, the chief of staff for Vinicio Acquati's Castle Boreas. Following a memory-wipe, conversion into a prostitute, and forced early retirement, he tries to work out what he wants out of life, and what it means to be a Rivari.
- The Heliocentric: One of my only direct sequels to a work. The aforementioned immortal has grown more reclusive than ever and is now obsessed with a glass sphere the size of a beach ball. Includes a Cloudcuckooland, an Amnesiac God, and still lots of Food Porn.
- The Epic of Iris: An anthology told epic-style of the rise of Lady Iris, Phoenix of Uduinya, from servant girl to mother to carer and mentor of the downtrodden, executioner of old, stagnant empires, and war queen of the Cephasti dragon-queendoms. Includes classic Heroic / High Fantasy, social vigilantism, motherhood, and dragons, ranging from blot-out-the-sun-huge, scary, and Nigh Invulnerable to shoulder-sized, cuddly, and enjoying scratchies.
- Shining Over Heaven: A sort-of political story that centers around the three dysfunctional personal bodyguards of a very unpopular chancellor, all taking place within a mess of a 'country' that has taken the equivalent of a hundred Earthen years to destroy itself. Includes lots of talking about life, the serving of fresh-baked croissants and tea, a boy and his kitty, and occasionally beating people up, all from the perspective of a blind protagonist.
- The Angel of Healing: A disgruntled ex-military doctor with very advanced (and versatile) healing magics travels the aforementioned 'country' after the events of Shining Over Heaven, helping people any way he can, even if that means he has to assassinate a few along the way because it's just so easy for someone with his abilities to get away with. Includes Medical Horror, lots of ends supposedly justifying horrible means, and a man's slow descent into madness.
Tropes Associated With Me
- Asian and Nerdy: Biology and computer science are fun.
- Author Appeal: Food Porn, life science, the history of computing, horribly depressing backstories, and stoics.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: My friends have speculated that my quietness might be the reason why our degree program's resident Jerkass has personally insulted everybody (professors included) but me.
- Big Eater: (Mostly) skinny variety; I can put away a large pizza in one sitting. (But what college student can't?) I'm also hopelessly addicted to Chipotle, the restaurant of giant burritos. Did you know that asking for extra rice makes them more likely to give you more meat for free?
- Femme Fatalons: Whenever I let my nails grow out, they get sharp. Not jagged, just pointy and prone to catching on people wrong. And I don't even have to groom my nails in any specific manner for this to happen.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: They're all over my bedroom. eight of them are rabbits, nine if you consider Totoro a form of rabbit.
- Good with Numbers: Good enough for computer science! I still can't add up round dollar amounts in my head and suck at working concession stands...
- Happily Adopted: My papers say that I was abandoned at a school in Wuhan at the age of one month (at the start of the summer during record-high temperatures). Ever since I was adopted at five months, the identities of my birth parents remain unknown to this day. I don't know a lick of Mandarin (with the exception of the standard 'ni hao' and 'zaijian') and I have no desire to seek these people out.
- Hates Being Touched: Especially my knees, which are also very sensitive to temperature and can feel a draft anywhere.
- Heavy Sleeper: Apparently once slept through my father's police cruiser deciding that it wanted to make every noise it could possibly make (sirens included) in the dead of night once. I sleep through my alarm clock only on rare occasions, though.
- Innocently Insensitive: Comes with the territory. That being said, if I ever say something that rubs you the wrong way, please let me know.
- Not a Morning Person: I regularly wake on my own between seven and eight, but spend the day dragging myself around if I wake any earlier than that.
- Real Dreams Are Weirder: My sleeping brain has no sense of narrative or continuity, and any unnamed extras who appear have no distinguishing features- not even genders -aside from being human beings.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Especially when sleep-deprived and burned out, if I'm not so out of it I have to ask my super-serious Russian differential equations professor what 8+3 is.
- The Superego: When I GMed A Game Of Chance, the three GMs fit into a Freudian Trio arrangement. I seemed to fit into this role.
Things I like
TV Shows, Anime, And Such
Webcomics, Web Series, Websites, And Other Online-Format Things
- Animal Wonders
- The Brain Scoop
- Blood Stain
- CGP Grey
- Freeman's Mind
- Hydraulic Press Channel
- Lazy Game Reviews
- Maru and Hana
- The Periodic Table Of Videos
- Ross's Game Dungeon
- What I'm Doing Right Now (calling all Arandanauts!)
- Wheezy Waiter
- Big Hero 6
- The Heat
- The Imitation Game
- ''The Jungle Book (2016)
- Alan Wake
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Lost in Blue 2
- Pokémon (since 2004!)
Other Stuff, All/Mostly Theatrical Productions
The vast majority of my work on the wiki consists of small things like moving YMMV and Trivia tropes to their respective tabs, indexing, folder installation, page type setting, and occasionally moving a works page off Main. Very rarely will I add an actual example. Below I've just decided to list the bigger things I've done, which takes up far less space.
- John Mackey
- Amelia's Notebook
- Aether (the aforementioned Unpublished Works page that was cut before the last archive purge, hehe)
- Forgotten Ohio
- Hydraulic Press Channel
Pages That I Have Curated To A Significant Extent
Pages That I Have Provided An Image Or Several For
- Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
- Fire, Ice, Lightningnote
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroicnote
- Eye Glasses
- Nico Nico Douga
- Harmless Electrocution
- The character images for Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- Elemental Nation
- Dodgeball Is Hell
- John Mackey
- Ray Charles
- Mighty Roar
- Explicit Content
- David Attenborough
- Father Knows Best
- Twitchy Eye
- Most of the character images for The Muppet Show
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Boris Johnson
- Peter Mandelson
- Sigmund Freud
- Al Franken
- American Restoration
- The character images for Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- Amy Tan
- Most of the character images for Sherlock
- Character images for Alan Wake
- Character images for AIR
- Improvised Umbrella