"Is that dead? Is that dead? Is
that dead?" Yes, you guys. Everything is dead.
Emily Grasile, host of the Brain Scoop
Have you ever gone to a museum and seen a stuffed animal on the wall? Have you ever wondered how, exactly, you turn a dead animal into a stuffed one?
Well, Emily, with the help of some flesh-eating beetles and a creepy stuffed raccoon, is going to show you! Join her for a journey through the magical world of taxidermy
, to learn about everything from wolf-stomachs to skeleton preparation to, yes, the scooping of brains.
The Brain Scoop is a series of educational youtube videos that can be found here
. Michael Aranda created the theme tune and it is currently produced, edited, and directed by Tom McNamara since Emily's move to Chicago. Produced by Hank Green
, co-host of Crash Course
- Adorkable: Emily. So, so much.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Creepy raccoon, anyone?
- Blunt Yes: "Yes, you guys. Everything is dead."
- Edutainment Show: Part of the VlogBrothers' continued efforts to create an online empire of entertaining and educational youtube videos.
- Haunted House: The Philip L. Wright Zoological Museum might be haunted by ghosts. Or just a creepy stuffed raccoon. You decide.
- Inappropriate Hunger: Emily will frequently mention food or being hungry while dissecting or prepping specimens, most notably comparing a thin slice of frozen dead wolf to pepperoni slices.
Emily: "I want pizza."
- Motor Mouth
- Ship Tease: Emily Gets a Valentine. 'nuff said.
- That's All, Folks!: Yeah, it still has brains on it.
- Vomit Indiscretion Shot: Emily has said on Q&A segments that if Michael happens to catch her vomiting onscreen, it will make it to the final episode because it is part of the job sometimes. Michael has even said that he awaits the day when Emily vomits out the sides of her mask.