Music: C 418
C418 (Cee-four-eighteen, not cee-four-one-eight) is an electronic musician best known for composing the soundtrack to Minecraft. His unique style blends elements of Ambient, House, Trance, and IDM.Oh, and his real name is Daniel Rosenfeld.
- bps (Dec 2007)
- Mixes (May 2008)
- sine (September 2008)
- zweitonegoismus (December 2008)
- Bushes and Marshmallows (August 2009)
- A Cobblers Tee Thug (January 2010)
- circle (March 2010)
- life changing moments seem minor in pictures (August 2010)
- little things (January 2011)
- Minecraft – Volume Alpha (March 2011) (the Minecraft soundtrack, with some bonus material)
- I forgot something, didn’t I? (July 2011)
- 72 Minutes Of Fame (July 2011)
- Seven Years of Server Data (November 2011)
- Catacomb Snatch Original Soundtrack (March 2012)
- one (December 2012) (the soundtrack to the Mojang documentary, with some bonus material)
- Minecraft - Volume Beta (November 2013) (the second Minecraft soundtrack with songs that are to be added to the game, also includes the rest of the music discs)
This musician contains examples of:
- all lowercase letters: About half of his titles, for songs or albums.
- Everything Is an Instrument: He uses what sounds like pots and pans in a kitchen sink in "water".
- I Am the Band: C418 is Daniel Rosenfeld, playing keyboards and synthesizers with himself.
- Instrumentals: Predominantly.
- Old Shame: He made an album called ‘’the whatever directors cut’’, an experiment to see how fast he could make an album. You can imagine how that went.
- Pop-Cultural Osmosis: He’s most well known for the ambient soundtrack to Minecraft. Because of this, he deliberately avoided ambience on some of his other works.
- Self-Backing Vocalist: When there are vocals in the songs, they’ll be this.
- Self-Deprecation: Common on his blog.
- Uncommon Time: Often.
- Word Salad Title: A Cobblers Tee Thug