Music / Rie Fu
A Japanese pop singer-songwriter. Raised in Maryland, USA, and went to college in the United Kingdom; thus she can speak English with a native accent. Her songs sometimes combine English and Japanese.
Probably her most famous songs are:
Tropes Associated with Rie Fu's works:
- Concept Album: Her Milestone Celebration duology "I" and "O" are both concept albums:
- "I" is short for "Inside," describing her influences and experiences "inside" Japan.
- "O" is short for "Outside," describing her influences and experiences from "outside" Japan, including her considerable time in English-speaking countries.
- Milestone Celebration: Her "I" and "O" albums were released to celebrate 10 years in the industry. Put them side by side and they look like a "10."
- Mood Whiplash: She has some soft songs have been used as ending themes to action-packed anime, leading to severe whiplash as they go from a high octane action sequence to an incredibly calming song.
- Self-Titled Album: Her first studio album is simply titled "Rie Fu."
- Surprisingly Good English: She attended school for a time, thus the Gratuitous English in her songs actually sounds like English rather than something resembling English warbled by a non-native speaker.