Sung Sumin is the team director of Hello Studio, a game development company. She's short (physically and in personality), blunt, and pretty lazy, which makes a few employees question how she even still has her job. The reason why is because she's banging the president, Baek Seju, who also happens to be her ex-girlfriend. The two are involved in an on-and-off relationship in which Sumin just sees themselves as Friends with Benefits and Seju still has feelings for Sumin.
Enter Ju Sungji, the newest member of the team. She draws Sumin's interest, and Sumin wonders if she can manage to bed the newbie for kicks. This results in a Love Triangle in which Sungji falls in love with Sumin, who is still being yearned for by Seju, who is detested by Sumin, who is trying to deny her feelings towards Sungji. Naturally, there is lots of drama and NSFW sex scenes.
What Does the Fox Say was created by Team Gaji and can be found on the Lezhin website.
Not to be mistaken with the song by Ylvis.
What Does The Fox Say contains examples of:
- Amicable Exes: Zigzagged with Sumin and Seju. They're both executives in the same company, can maintain professionalism around their employees, and hook-up every now and then. However, Sumin refuses to get back with Seju and still holds a grudge over how she was treated by her during the events that led to their break-up.
- Animal Motifs: Sumin is associated with foxes, probably because of her sharp eyes.
- Berserk Button: Sumin hates it when people poke fun at her height.
- Broken Bird: Sumin and Seju.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Sumin gets pretty wasted after only a few drinks, much to her chagrin and some other people's amusement.
- Can't Act Perverted Toward a Love Interest: When Sumin and Sungji finally get together, Sumin actively avoids the topic of sex and actively makes sure she doesn't touch Sungji in suggestive ways and places. In fact, Sungji has to take the initiative via touching Sumin suggestively, but even then, Sumin backs out. It doesn't take until Sungji actually has to sit Sumin down and tell her to her face that she's fine with sex and is perfectly happy to engage in it.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Both Sumin and Seju. Sumin's parents died in a tragic accident, was not given the support she needed by her then-girlfriend, Seju, and was assaulted brutally by one of Seju's acquaintances, resulting in nasty scars on her shoulder and back (that she covers with flower tattoos). Seju is shown to have a lot of family issues that have yet to be completely disclosed, but it's clear that they're problems that have been happening since she was young.
- Gayngst: Surprisingly averted. The lesbians in the comic are comfortable with their sexuality. Sungji, who has never even been remotely attracted to anyone, also reacts with pleasant surprise and a general "Oh, it makes sense why I never crushed on guys" attitude upon realizing that she is in love with Sumin.
- Love Epiphany: In the sense that Sumin realizes that she still has feelings for her ex, Seju, a little while into her new relationship with Sungji.
- One Head Taller: Most characters are either this or at least half a head taller than Sumin, much to her annoyance.
- Never Be Hurt Again: Sumin seems to operate by this philosophy when it comes to romantic relationships, probably because of what happened during her and Seju's break-up. In fact, she initially pursues Sungji for the sole purpose of seeing if she can seduce the rookie. However, when she starts to feel romantic attraction, she goes into denial, treating her feelings like a nuisance out of fear of being hurt like Seju did to her.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Sungji has no clue that the reason why she feels happy and nervous around Sumin is because she has a crush on her. In fact, it takes a lot of questioning others and research (re: watching romance films) for her to fully understand it.
- Your Cheating Heart: When Sumin realizes she's still in love with Seju, she goes to sleep with her in order to comfort her, only to be caught in the act by Sungji. This is actually a reoccurring issue and one of the reasons why she has a hard time maintaining her relationship with her current partner.