Sonic Legacy is a webcomic by the fan artist collective, Sonic Paradox, who're known for the Sonic Shorts animations. The comic was announced during their fourth Sonic Seconds video which included a trailer at the end for it. The first issue was soon released on September 2018, and the second in March 2019.
The story is set in 1991 on Planet Mobius, and follows Sonic enjoying his runs as usual when he stops by South Island for a snack. There he meets a dolphin girl named Tempest who steals his wallet and challenges him to race. However the race is brought to a halt when the duo notice a flee of ships passing over and start dispersing capsules and malicious robots. The duo soon come across a girl named Omlette who's capturing animals for her "Papa" and, after a confrontation, kickstarts an adventure that'll put Sonic and Tempest's skills to the test.
The comic can be found on Tapas here.
Has the following tropes.
- Action Girl: Tempest is one naturally.
- Brick Joke: The "Off Panel" joke in first issue has the Chili Dog V
- The Cameo: Old Man Owl from Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie shows up to start the race between Sonic and Tempest.endor still waiting on the beach for Sonic to return to claim the chili dog he was going to buy.
- Cliffhanger: The first issue ends with Sonic and Tempest falling into a crevasse caused from their fight with Omelette.
- Daddy's Little Villain: Omelette definitely showcases this, wanting to make her "papa" proud.
- Lions and Tigers and Humans... Oh, My!: The setting showcases that both humans and anthropomorphic animals are living side by side together on the planet.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Sonic and Tempest trick Omelette into breaking the egg capsule when she swings her wrecking ball at them, freeing the animals within.