Tamberlane is a webcomic by Caytlin Vilbrandt.
In a World of Funny Animals, bat waitress Belfry Baker finds an abandoned, furless baby and decides to raise it herself. There's just a problem with that: She's the town klutz.
- Adult Fear: Belfry panics when Tamberlane goes missing.
- And Beast Grew Proud: The founders of Silver Sage rose up against humanity and carved out a home free from human tyranny, but centuries later, their edicts went from guidelines to absolute laws that promote nationalism, isolationism, and fear of individuality.
- Barefoot Cartoon Animal/Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: All the furry characters fall under one of these tropes.
- Cats Are Mean: Piper.
- Cerebus Syndrome: It's subtle due to their pacifism, but Silver Sage has a darker side of xenophobia, aspects of totalitarianism, and cultural/technological stagnation.
- Character Title
- Interspecies Adoption: Belfry, a bat who might be part squirrel, was adopted by a badger and a deer, then she herself adopted that strange furless kit.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Oakewood. There's a fine example of his sour-coated good advice beginning on this page.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Lot of people for a small town.
- The Klutz: Belfry.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Most of the characters have traits of various animals. For instance, Belfry has a fluffy, raccoon-like tail despite the fact she is a bat. She also thinks she's part squirrel.
- Through a Face Full of Fur: Briar sports a pretty impressive one here. Even her forelock turns red.
- Token Human: Tamberlane.