- A mod to Baldurs Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal adds a character who seeks out romance with Imoen. In one memorable exchange, they use so many consecutive pet names for each other that even the good-aligned party members find themselves tempted to agree with Sarevok's comment: "Say the word, and I will kill them both. Please."
- If you were ready to hunt across the Internet after reading that, it's kelsey.
- Pokémon has several of these couples, who would constantly talk about "lovey-dovey" they are. They were often found in places like graveyards and abandoned ships because Girls Are Really Scared of Horror Movies (and by extension, scary places).
- Happily Married couple Maeda Toshiie and his wife Matsu from Sengoku Basara. On one occasion Toshi came to Matsu's rescue on the battlefield, and they shared a tender moment together, leaving their opponent Yukimura at a complete loss of what to do.Yukimura: S-should I just leave them alone?...
- Dawn of the New World has Emil Castagnier and Marta Lualdi.
- The Dancing Couple from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (and later, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask), who seem completely oblivious to anything other than each other. While playing their mini-games in Majora's Mask, you actually get the option to shoot them to increase your time limit. Much fun! And if you win, they say "That's annoying, so let's show off even more!"
- Clive and Mathilda of the Fire Emblem Gaiden's remake are basically entirely different people whenever they get to talk to each other, to the point Mathilda's Blood Knight tendencies are a big turn on to Clive who encourages her to make a show out of decimating their foes, all the while being dramatic about it.
- In the Jak and Daxter series, Daxter and Tess act like this. The smooching is pretty much non-existent thanks to the species difference, but the rest of the symptoms are there (baby talk, stupid nicknames, cuddling).
- In Tales of Monkey Island, Guybrush has an almost unlimited number of gooshingly sweet nicknames for Elaine, such as "plunder bunny".
- Which is also a plush toy rabbit designed explicitly to be used by smugglers. So, uh...maybe not quite as sweet as it sounds.
- Dragon Age:
- Dragon Age: Origins:
"Does anyone else feel the urge to vomit? No? 'Tis just me?"
- If you romance Alistair or Leliana, the other party members may accuse you of this, even Team Mom Wynne.
- If you help two Dalish elves get together, they begin acting like this, while Morrigan disapproves.
"Naw, I'm right there with ya, babe."
- And if Oghren's also in the party, he responds with:
- Merrill's romance arc in Dragon Age II, especially on the Friendship path. Varric mentions that it'd be too adorable if she weren't a Blood Mage. Bethany asks if they have pet names during the "Legacy" mission, and a Sarcastic Hawke immediately comes up with some that make her regret asking.Hawke: It's hard to imagine anyone more lovable than you.
Merrill: That's so untrue. I can think of someone.
- Continuing the trend, Dragon Age: Inquisition has The Inquisitor and Josephine be like this if a romance blooms between them. Every single kiss has Josephine popping her foot, there's a lot of stammering, blushing and cuddling, and the key scene that cements them as a couple is when the Inquisitor must duel the man she's been betrothed to (there are no hard feelings, of course, once he realises how deeply they care about each other and how much of a dick he'd have to be to stand in the way of true love).
- Dragon Age: Origins:
- Story of Seasons:
- Story of Seasons couples have a tendency to be Happily Married, but the award for soppiest couple in the series probably goes to... Jake and Colleen, Maya's parents in Tree of Tranquility and Animal Parade. Jake compares everything to his beloved Colleen and absolutely lives to spoil her, at one point even using the Wizard's crystal ball to read her mind to find out exactly what she wants. They're also constantly holding hands and cuddling. This probably explains why Maya is The Cutie—spending all her life around that kind of sappiness, what else would she be?
- Though Camilla and Charles from A New Beginning also certainly count. While Camilla is somewhat soft and quiet, her husband goes full out romance mode at just the slightest mention of his wife. They occassionally mention how he drowns her in roses and other presents. Amusingly, their daughter is a sweet girl, but that she has a little crush on local Bad Boy Allen gives her father the creeps as he is fully aware that Allen would NOT exactly live for his beloved alone.
- In Super Robot Wars Judgment David will remark he considers Minato and Tsukomi's reactions to each other, albeit while they are kinda heartwarming, they still trigger his gag reflex.
- The Sims: Sims with a high mutual long-term attraction will get completely soppy in the presence of their loved ones. Spontaneous serenades and leaping into each other's arms is cute the first time. The 18th time in a row, not so much.
- Bafflingly enough, female Shepard and Garrus - especially Garrus - dive headlong into this in the Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC. He makes the password to disarm your apartment's security system "I HEART GARRUS." After booby trapping it during conversations like these:Garrus: Shepard, sweetie... love of my life, indulge your crazy boyfriend. I need to know you're safe.
Shepard: If it'll make you feel better, honey.
Zaeed: [listening in] Oh, go get a room. God knows this place has enough of them.
- Undertale has the dog monster Battle Couple Dogamy and Dogaressa, who are a Happily Married couple. They will nuzzle each other and say silly things during the battle, like declare that they were the #2 Nose Nuzzle Champs of '98. Who was #1? Toriel and Asgore. This was also the origin of his nickname "Fluffybuns" — she once called him that into a microphone she didn't realize was on. Asgore, being the pushover that he is, rolled with it.
- The player can also create a new couple which is extremely cute, even though not hammy, around each other: the two knights from the Lava Area.
- Ace Attorney: Phoenix plays one-half of this equation in the first case of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations. Too bad for him that his sweetheart isn't anywhere near as into him as she pretends. Did you buy that? Actually, that was the twin sister of the woman who really loved him with the same passion as he loved her, but you don't know until the very end of the game.
- Samurai Warriors - Oichi and Nagamasa are like this, much to Hideyoshi's irritation (they got the last laugh, though; he married one of their daughters as a concubine, and proceeded to indulge her every whim).
- Mass Effect: Andromeda: Sara Ryder and a romanced Suvi, much to the exasperation of Suvi's co-worker Kallo. He may approve of his friend being in love, but he doesn't like having to listen to the two of them flirt constantly.Kallo: Do I really have to listen to this?
Sara: Yes. Yes, you do.
- Drizzelda and Ray O'Light from Yo-Kai Watch are head-over-heels for one another, complete with Love Bubbles and gushy pet-names. A boss fight in Yo-kai Watch 2 revolves around a bitter single yokai being mad at their lovey-dovey attitude. They have a child together by Yo-kai Watch 4.
Sickeningly Sweethearts / Video Games