— Sylvester Stallone, when asked what he'd tell a losing contestant on a boxing-based reality show
Reality series have their own Stock Phrases to be used when contestants are eliminated. This is a list!
- 4th and Long: "I'm sorry, but the Dallas Cowboys cannot use you. You might play for somebody, but it won't be for Dallas. You're cut."
- Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition: "Today is not your day."
- The Amazing Race: "I'm sorry. You've both been eliminated from the race."
- America's Best Dance Crew: "Your banner must fall."
- Inverted in America's Next Top Model. Sometimes, Tyra Banks would say this to the contestant when she gives out the photos:
Tyra: "Congratulations. You're still in the running for becoming America's Next Top Model."
- The Apprentice: "You're fired!" If The Boss is really pissed off, he'll add "Get Out!"
- When the UK version first aired, it was suggested that they should have changed the phrase to "you're sacked" in order to seem a bit more British. They stuck with "fired", though.
- Also used by Vince McMahon. Given the nature of professional wrestling, it's no surprise that McMahon's delivery is hammier.
- Changed to "You're terminated!" when Arnold Schwarzenegger took over following Trump's presidential campaign (and subsequent election) in 2016.
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? had Jeff Foxworthy tell the contestant that they just flunked out (if they get a question wrong without getting saved by their student partner) or dropped out (if they choose to walk away with their current winnings), followed by them having to say, "My name is (name), and I am not smarter than a fifth grader."
- Around the Horn has many, but "You're the low man on the totem pole, any last words?" frequently comes up.
- The Assistant: "You have been *snit, snit snit* clipped."
- Beat the Geeks: "We have some lovely parting gifts for you, but please exit the Geek Arena now."
- "You've been evicted from the Big Brother house."
- "You are not The Biggest Loser."
- BOOM! - "You blew it!" when one contestant detonates a bomb; "You bombed out!" when all three contestants on a team are eliminated.
- "You are not Canada's Worst Driver." (Contestants are happy to hear this one.)
- "You have been beaten by The Chair."
- "You have been Chopped."
- Cutthroat Kitchen: "I'm afraid I'm gonna need that money back in this case."
- Design Star: "I'm sorry. We will not be producing your show."
- Estate of Panic: "You're going with Rupert."
- Flavor of Love: "Your time's up."
- Forged in Fire: "You must leave the forge".
- From G's to Gents: "Your membership has been denied; please remove your blazer."
- The Great Food Truck Race makes the contestants return the food truck they were given with "I'm gonna need your keys."
- "Take off your jacket and leave Hell's Kitchen." Sometimes gets an added, "Now fuck off with ya, yeah?".
- I Love Money: "Your check is voided; it's time for you to bounce."
- "You do not have what it takes to be Ink Master. Please pack your machines."
- Inquizition: "This round's time has expired, Mr./Ms. ________, and so has yours. PLEASE LEAVE NOW!" ("Goodbye." / "Ta-ta." / "You're finished!... Get out!" / "YOU HAVE FAILED!!!" [to the losing player in round 3])
- Joe Millionaire
- "You must leave the chateau!"
- Third season - "For Richer or Poorer, your time at Lakeshore Manor has ended."
- The Joe Schmo Show:
- First season: "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. <Name>, you're dead to us" as the plate with the contestant's picture on it was smashed in the fireplace.
- In the second season, "Your neck is bare and so is your place in Austin's heart" for the women and "Your wick is cold and so is your place in Piper's heart" for the men.
- In the third season, The Full Bounty, eliminated "contestants" are told "Turn in Your Badge."
- Knightmare: "Spellcasting: D-I-S-M-I-S-S." Also, "Ooh, nasty!" when a contestant met their end.
- Lizzo's Watch Out for the Big Grrrls: "Say goodbye to your sisters."
- MasterChef Australia: "Any one of you could be Australia's next Master Chef. But for one of you, the dream ends here." And when it's down to two, "[Name] and [Name], it comes down to you two, and it comes down to the food you cooked." The actual statement was fairly generic, usually, "[Name], you're safe; you're still in the competition. [Name], I'm sorry, it's now time for you to leave the Master Chef kitchen."
- My Antonio: "You're not going to get lei'd tonight."
- My Kitchen Rules: The score will determine how the food is presented based on presentation, flavor and even guest expectations. The lowest scoring team from the Sudden Death cookoff will end with Manu saying "Au Revoir and Good Luck".
- "You will not be The Next Iron Chef."
- Paradise Hotel, season 3: "X, we hope you find love. Unfortunately, it won't be here. It's time to check out."
- Paris Hilton's My New BFF: "TTYN: Talk to you never."
- The Pick-Up Artist: "For you, it's game over."
- Platinum Hit: "Songwriting is hit-and-miss...and you missed."
- Project Runway: "And that means you're out. Auf Wiedersehen."
- Rock of Love: "Your tour ends here."
- RuPaul's Drag Race: "Now, sashay away."
- Shear Genius: "This was your final cut."
- The Sing-Off: Some variation of "Now please raise your mics one final time for your swan song."
- "You are... the first to quit this treatment. Your stay in Solitary is over."
- Strip Search: "You are not the strip we're searching for."
- The WB's Studio 7: "[contestant], you've been eliminated from the game... thank you for your participation."
- Survivor: "The tribe has spoken."
- "In that test, you were no Sweet Genius."
- Tool Academy: "You're just a tool."
- Top Chef: "Please pack your knives and go." Slightly changed for Top Chef: Just Desserts: "Please pack your tools and go."
- Top Shot: "You have fired your last shot."
- "Poor unfortunate [contestant]... You're Trapped!"
- "You are The Weakest Link. Goodbye!"
- Who Wants to Be a Superhero?: "Turn in your costume."
- Work of Art: The Next Great Artist: "Your work of art didn't work for us."
- Worst Cooks in America: "Please turn in your apron."
- Inverted in The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You: "And so, due to how things panned out, would you guys mind accepting [new girl] as my newest girlfriend?"
- Danganronpa: "Let's give it everything we've got! IT'S... PUNISHMENT TIME!"
- Barney, in How I Met Your Mother, rattles of a series of them when trying to convince Ted to get rid of Punchy.
Barney: He has got to go, you need to be like, you are the weakest link goodbye! Punchy, the tribe has spoken. Please pack up your knives and go. Your work of art, didn't work for me. Your time's up. I have to ask you to leave the mansion. You must leave the chateau. Your tour ends here. You've been chopped! You've been evicted from the Big Brother house. Your dessert just didn't measure up. Sashay away! Give me your jacket and leave Hell's Kitchen! You did not get a rose. You have been eliminated from the race. You are no longer in the running to be America's Next Top Model. You're fired. Auf Wiedersehen.
- The parody reality show in Saints Row: The Third, I Wanna Sleep With Shaundi has this from Shaundi: "You are not my partner in crime."
- Skatoony: "You're outta here!"
- In a South Park episode, Kyle, Stan, and Cartman kick Butters out of their group and proceed to spoof the pageant/reality show format when looking for a new fourth friend. Whenever candidates are eliminated, Cartman tells them, "Get the fudge out!"
Clyde: This whole thing is stupid! You don't pick people you wanna be with by making it into a game!
Cartman: Ooooooo, somebody's a sore loser! Clyde, I believe I said, "Get the fudge out!" Which means, kiss mah fudgin' ass! Go fudge yourself! Fudge ya! Get the fudge out, Clyde!
- Squid Game: "Player [number] has been eliminated."
- Total Drama: "The loser must walk down the Dock of Shame to catch the Boat of Losers, and they can never come back, ever."