These are some Funny Animals.
- "WHO DUMPED WATER ALL OVER THE LIVING ROOM?!"
- The Arc, The Game, is hilarious. Just look at these pages.
- A touch of Mood Whiplash in "A Sinister Shadow": When Fido is chasing Joel, Spo is a touch too eager for the situation to escalate:Spo: THIS IS EXCITING AND ALSO AWESOME Are you gonna go all Cops on him when you catch up? PLEASE TELL ME THERE WILL BE BLOOD
Fido: THIS IS WHY I DON'T LET YOU TAG ALONG ON MY SHIFT
- Just look at this comic strip.
- This comic is a mix of Tear Jerker, Heartwarming and Funny.Sasha: Oh boy! It'll be just like a sleepover! Except without beds or pillows and its freezing cold and there's no food!
- At the end of "Imaginate, Too", when Grape and Peanut are talking through things, Peanut's reactions to what she knows about his crush on her are priceless. First, he freezes up when he finds out she knows about it in the first place. Then he gets an epic full-face Luminescent Blush when she reveals he re-colored the picture he took of Fido and Sabrina to look like them.Second comic's title: Also Stripe, I mean seriously...
- The beginning of King and Bailey's relationship started with a corny pick-up line, and a startling response.
- Peanut's obsession with games hits a hilarious extreme.Peanut: GET THE THIIIIING!
- The moment of heartwarming when Fox apologized to Grape for his earlier stupid behavior after she saved him and Max from an alligator, is tied up with this set of lines as they hug. Fox is still crying gratefully.Fox: If this gets on the Internet I'll kick you into next week.
Grape: You and what army, punk?
- Bruce and Roosevelt watching the Super Bowl together...though it's clear they prefer Australian Rules Football.Bruce: ...even if it is the sissy American version
Roosevelt: COME ON, KICK HIM IN THE SHINS!
- Squeak prevents her and Spo from being eaten by one of the Bigglesworths by squicking them with her foot fetish.Mr. Bigglesworth: (stomps Squeak) Gotcha!
Squeak: Ooh, you have really strong toes... press a little deeper, hon, I can take it...
Mr. Bigglesworth: Okay I could stand to go on a diet of cold showers.
Spo: I am both impressed and appalled. I am impalled.
- Max has gotten jealous of Jata.Maxwell (to Kevin): I'm not a praying cat, but I know when I require the assistance of a higher power. I cannot go on living in a perpetual second place! So please, I beg of you, CHISEL ME INTO A MIGHTY STONE GOD!
- "Look, math is hard!"
- Grape really can't control herself in front of a buff leopard.
- Fido finally admitting his love for Sabrina on live television is both a Wham Line, a Heartwarming Moment, and a slight Tear Jerker all in its own. What makes it hilarious is that everyone's response is as surprised as one would expect them to be... except for Grape, Peanut, and Tarot (three of the pets who already knew) who don't seem to care at all.
- Pew Pew Pew ends with this;
- When King and Bailey's pups arrived, King was doing perfectly fine (only incredible pride and Tears of Joy) until someone (probably Elaine) joked about squeezing his wife to make sure there were none left. It was then that he fainted.
- Sasha horribly butchers "Auld Lang Syne".Should old acquaintance be forgot and never thought to dine
Should olden maintenance be forgot, an owl gang sign
For Owl Gang Signs hoo hoo, for Owl Gang Signs
We'll knock the feathers off your tail throwing Owl Gang Signs
- Pretty much any comic Tiger appears in qualifies as this.
- The plot of "Save the Date, Part 2": Grape and Peanut are babysitting King and Bailey's pups, and practically run themselves ragged because they forgot if King and Bailey had threenote or four.Peanut: We're bad puppysitters!
Grape: Speak for yourself!
(all three puppies are on the couch, playing)
- Grape witnesses Rufus kissing Maxwell on the cheek before he returns to Heaven. Grape is all too eager to find out what's up between the two of them with a sinister grin on her face — one that puts shame to even Maxwell's usual grins.Maxwell: Would you stop looking at me like that!
Grape: Not until i get so many details.
- Peanut was not the one to wake up Grape when the spa was rolled into Babylon Gardens:Peanut: Hey Grape, something surprising is happening outside.
Grape: I know, it woke me up... Why aren't you freaking out like usual?
Peanut: I got bored, and it turns out there's a reason Mom only gives me one treat at a time from the medicine cabinet supply.
- Peanut spends the entire arc clearly high as a kite:Tarot: Peanut, I can't believe how well-behaved you're being today
Peanut: I am having an excellent time with all my friends
Maxwell: What's his deal? He sounds like when I've had too much—
Maxwell: I was gonna say "catnip", but—
(Kevin dives into the hot springs)
Kevin: IT BURNS!!!
Peanut: Yes, it is unpleasant if you go too fast. My eyeballs hurt.
- Not to mention what happens when Mungo and the other police dogs let slip that they're police. It's a Call-Back to the Guys and Dolls Imaginate.Peanut: (clapping his hands to his cheeks, but still in the same tone) Oh no, everyone. It's the po-po. Scatter.
- And after everything is done, he has a headache. Tarot makes him some tea, but has to tell him it's a magic(k) potion before he'll drink it. Yup, back to normal.
- Peanut spends the entire arc clearly high as a kite:
- The usual D&D night is thwarted when Joey and Dallas decide to join Squeak at the portable spa Keene ordered the neighborhood, and Lester is left with "the new kid"...a.k.a. Great Kitsune. In the next strip, Lester arrives, only half an hour after Joey left. Kitsune has apparently usurped him as Game Master for their group after an unbelievably epic battle using his powers.Great Kitsune: He's just sore cause I insisted on playing a bard.
- Maxwell finally got goaded into telling the story of his connection to Rufus by Grape and Sabrina:Grape: Storytime! Tell us about you and Rufus!
Maxwell: Uh, no?!
Grape: Oh come on, I thought it was really sweet
Peanut: Sto-ry! Sto-ry!
Sabrina: I've never heard this story, so I'm ready
Fido: What are we talking about?
Sabrina: Ghost Dog kissed him
Maxwell: OKAY FINE JUST STOP RUMOR-MONGERING!!!
- Maxwell and Grape try to give Tarot an intervention regarding her controlling of Peanut, and Grape is distracted by Mungo.
- Tarot letting it slip she's aware of the chemistry between Peanut and Grape...because of course she knows, since that's the whole reason she's involved with Peanut. What sells it is the smug look on Tarot's face.Maxwell: You know about this?!
Tarot: Well I was a mind-reader.
- And it ends with Great Kitsune meddling in Peanut and Tarot's mushy moment:Great Kitsune: Hey is it talking about our feelings time cause I got opinions on ship—
Tarot: OH MY DOG WE'RE TRYING TO HAVE A MOMENT HERE!
- The expression on Peanut's face is obviously him wondering what, and how much, Kitsune saw.
- Tarot letting it slip she's aware of the chemistry between Peanut and Grape...because of course she knows, since that's the whole reason she's involved with Peanut. What sells it is the smug look on Tarot's face.
- King can identify if Marion is/was a human with a single question: "Can you hold up five fingers?". Marion instinctively holds up his entire hand before doing a Double Take.
- When Marion admits he was up until 3 AM playing Overwatch the night before his transformation, King remarks that this also proves he was human.
- Lois has an interesting tactic to get Poncho to tell her and Marion where Thomas is kept: petting him.Lois: My gosh, you're adorable.
- When Marion and Bobcat!Lois go to confront Keene, Poncho tries to stop them, leading to a Failed Attempt at Drama from Lois.Lois: Poncho, it's entirely possible you might be a part of this but don't know it. Either way, we'd be better served going right to the top, so stand out of our way!
(Cut to Lois sitting in her car with a deadpan "you've got to be kidding me" expression as she realises she's too short to reach the pedals or see over the dashboard)
Poncho: Do you need a ride?
Lois: (Plants her face on the steering wheel and sighs) Yes.
Alt Text: hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonk
- When they are riding on Poncho's moped, with Lois having to hold onto Poncho, Marion's jealousy gets amped up:Marion: So what's the deal with you and the wolf? You on a hugging basis now?
Lois: Marion, you don't have to be jealous.
Marion: Well, forgive me, but ever since I woke up as a squirrel, half of what I've worried about is that you'd decide I'm not worth it anymore!
Lois: I think we can both agree that, at this point, we're in for a penny, in for a pound.
Marion: That's easy to say when you're the pound and I'm the penny!
- When King gets stuck boarding Sasha after she was emancipated from her previous owner and put in the ECP, she says she never thanked King for making her dog house. He got nervous, thinking she was going to smooch him (like she did Fox before). But...Sasha: You know, I never thanked you for building that refuge in the forest.
King: I did do that, didn't I?
Sasha: (getting closer to him) Mmhmm, I was there recently and it reminded me of you.
King: (blushing nervously) Uhh... how so?
Sasha: It made me think, "Wow, this entrance is about King's height, I wonder if he forgot I was taller than him"
King: You'd think the topical whiplash would help, but it really doesn't
- Another Bait-and-Switch after King got lasso'ed into giving Sasha a bath:King: Okay, Sasha. For anything else we need to find a comfortable middle! You know I'm a married dog!
Sasha: Of course, silly!
King: Good! KEEPING THAT IN MIND, what else can I do for you?
Sasha: I want your puppies!
King: WHAT?! (faints)
Sasha: (holding Rook) Your puppies are so cute! I could just take them with me! EEEE!
Bailey: King, we're home, hi Sasha!
- Eventually, Bailey says it's okay if King cuddles with Sasha, as she trusts him not to take it further. Cue King nervously wide awake while sandwiched between a sleeping Bailey and Sasha.
- After Sasha gets a bit too close for comfort while sleeping, King decides he needs a shower, preferring not sleeping as much as possible (remembering not needing to after his and Bailey's pups were born) as opposed to any embarrassing situations with Sasha. But while he's in the shower, a shadowy figure with a familiar hairdo appears behind the shower curtain.
- Sure enough, in the next comic, Sasha "attacks" King with a scrub brushSasha: Kingy! Taking a shower without letting me return the favor, how bad of you!
King: Just let me die here, and transition to Martin Balsam.