- The last panel especially
- "Every dog in the world cries at All Dogs Go to Heaven." Here's Bino. And here's Peanut later.
- Sasha seems somewhat prone to being tearjerker material.
- Her abusive "father" kicks her out in the cold. On Christmas Eve. A previous Christmas addition (see panel 5) shows us that she still loves him and wants him to be happy - which just makes everything SADDER. Especially since it's the only panel that doesn't contain humor and/or happiness in any form.
- Anytime that Sasha refers to her owner as "Daddy", despite how he treats her.
- A bit less of one, but Peanut's self-insert/alternate universe comic with Saso. Peanut crying while drawing it doesn't help.Saso: "But I'm dead in my universe."
- A small one but look at Fox's reaction in this comic strip...
- Any arc starring the third main character, King, AKA Joel, is a tearjerker in general. Imagine having some supernatural creature arrive and just turn you into an animal just so that he can make you his avatar for a silly game. Thankfully, King gets better and turn the tables on said supernatural creature.
- This comic, where one of the celestial entities, Cerberus, has taken the mantle of The Grim Reaper (of The Sacred Darkness variety). She has to take an abandoned, drowned puppy to Heaven.
- The climactic Heaven's Not Enough is depressing at first. Let's just say it involves King and Pete...and the cat (or rather dog) literally coming out of the bag...
- Especially bad is seeing Fox's reaction to seeing King turned into Joel, back as a human.
- Fox's emotional outburst in the arc "Real Stories of the K9 PD" when Sabrina calls him out for his "fragile sensibilities". This may be Fox at his angriest. Yes, even more so than that one scene in Part 1 of "Heaven's Not Enough".Fox: Fine, know what? I feel like I've lost control of my life! I never learned to seriously deal with my negative emotions, so I bottle them up and channel them into stunts like this! I have to make things better because that's all I have after it felt like you shaved my fur off and made me a laughingstock! And I still don't hate you and Fido! But how can I possibly fix that if I'm still angry even when I don't want to be?!
- Although this is defused surprisingly quickly once Fox apologizes to Sabrina for holding a grudge against her and her boyfriend Fido.Sabrina: You could say "I'm sorry".
Fox: Fine! I'm sorry!
Sabrina: Well why didn't you say so! (goes to provide help, while brushing her tail under Fox's chin, making him blush surprised)
- After learning King's true identity two years ago in Heaven's Not Enough and now having his love interest Sasha practically stab him in the back (what with her persistently saying that she tried to kill Keene Milton), it's no wonder he feels like his life is out of control.
- Perhaps Fox and King have more in common than they would dare to admit...
- Although this is defused surprisingly quickly once Fox apologizes to Sabrina for holding a grudge against her and her boyfriend Fido.
- Peanut's face in the second panel of this strip◊ will make you want to hug the poor guy.
- Tiger Arbelt's character in general. While he's played as a comic relief, he's still very much a psychologically damaged Jerkass Woobie who was treated as a social outcast by other dogs simply because of his name. Also, consider the fact that Marvin is more or less Tiger's only real friend and is pretty much the only character who doesn't fear, shun, avoid or hate him. If you think about it, Tiger is a much more tragic character than he seems at first glance.
- Just the mere fact that Keene makes Breel cry. As shown above.
- Spirals into terror when a portal to Hell is unlocked as a result.
- Rufus had been sending letters to Maxwell ever since he was adopted by Jeff. However, Maxwell for the life of him felt he couldn't come up with a good enough reason to reply that he eventually forgot about Rufus. He didn't even recognize him when he saw him again.
- Marion breaking down when his girlfriend Lois doubts his identity after he's been turned into a squirrel.
Tear Jerker / Housepets!