German director Uwe Boll's interpretation of the video game of same name, released in 2008.
On a remote island, one Dr. Krieger conducts experiments in order to create obedient Super Soldiers. An Intrepid Reporter named Valerie is investigating the matter and hires Jack Carver, a drunk boat captain who was formerly a member of special forces, to take her there to meet her informant Max, who is also her uncle. They find an ambush there, and become entangled in a fight for survival as Krieger's subjects eventually start causing havoc.
This film has examples of:
- Adaptational Nationality: Jack Carver becomes German in this adaptation, likely to allow for Til Schweiger to speak without attempting an English accent.
- Big Bad: Dr. Krieger, whose experiments get out of hand.
- The Cameo: Anthony Bourdain appears uncredited as a scientist.
- Chase Scene:
- After rescuing Valerie, Jack has to elude the mooks that are chasing them with a stolen car.
- Another one, this time with boats, starts when Jack tries to sneak up on Emillio, is found by Parker, and has to flee.
- Covers Always Lie: The only thing about the DVD cover that's actually true to the film is that it has Til Schweiger's character using a gun (they at least had the decency to give him the same gun he uses in the film).
- The Dragon: Chernov for Dr. Krieger. She is also in direct command of the elite mercenaries working for him.
- Every Car Is a Pinto: A boat (that wasn't even in full speed yet) crashes into a wall, and explodes.
- Evil Albino: A side-effect from the treatment that turns people into super soldiers has their skin turn to white (for the caucasian ones, at least).
- A Father to His Men: While Chernov doesn't think much about sacrificing her men for the sake of science or shooting them for complaining, Parker is more close to his men and actually tries to keep them alive.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: Valerie accidentally fires a grappling-hook at the helicopter that is flying above the car that Jack is driving. The helicopter then starts carrying the car when it goes over a cliff, and once the cable holding them together is cut, it flies up on the helicopter's main rotor and sends it crashing down.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: As he is chased by one of the super soldiers through the lumber mill, Jack triggers a laser-operated saw, which proceeds to cut his pursuer in half from the waist.
- Moe Greene Special: Since the super soldiers' skin is so tough, shooting them in the eye (or mouth) is the best way to kill them.
- Mook Lieutenant : Chernov commands Krieger's elite mooks (that dress in all-black) and Parker commands the regular mooks (who wear camo).
- Neck Snap: A rampaging super soldier rushes to a mook manning a machine gun, twists his head around, and starts firing the weapon himself, which eventually leads to all the other super soldiers getting out of their cells.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Emillio's role is to provide humorous dialogue after he is stuck together with Jack. Most of it is him complaining about the things happening.
- Pop the Tires: During the car chase, Jack turns the car around to go in reverse and shoots a tire from the car closest to him, causing it to flip over.
- P.O.V. Cam: One of the modifications that Dr. Krieger does to his super soldier subjects is turning their eyes into cameras, justifying several shots from their point of view.
- Shirtless Scene: Jack takes his shirt off to patch his wounds while Valerie in turn takes off her wet clothes.
- Sleight of Tongue: When the captive Valerie is reunited with Jack, she kisses him, passing his personal handcuffs-key to him with her mouth.
- Throwing the Distraction: To get to the captured Valerie, Jack creeps to the car holding her and throws a rock. The noise from it sends several mooks to investigate, giving him a chance for a daring rescue.
- Trojan Prisoner: To infiltrate the lumber mill where Dr. Krieger is stationed in, Jack steals one mook's uniform and goes there with Valerie as his "prisoner".
- Wicked Cultured: Dr. Krieger enjoys listening to classical music while painting on his free time.