Uwenote Boll (born June 22, 1965) is a German filmmaker. He is known for making film adaptations of video games, but retired from film-making in 2016. Winner of the 2009 Golden Raspberry Award.
- Alone in the Dark (2005)
- Assault on Wall Street
- BloodRayne II: Deliverance
- BloodRayne: The Third Reich
- Far Cry
- Heart Of America, a film based on Columbine
- House of the Dead
- In the Name of the King
- In the Name of the King 2: Two Worlds
- In the Name of the King 3: Last Mission
- Legend of the Red Reaper
- Rampage (2009)
- A remake of Suddenly
- Tunnel Rats, set in the The Vietnam War.
Tropes associated with Boll:
- Creator Backlash: Uwe Boll considers House of the Dead to be an absolute pile of crap, and his worst film to date.
- Creator Cameo:
- Descended Creator: He read out the Opening Scroll of the Alone in the Dark (2005) film.
- Throw It In: According to an interview with Uwe Boll, the infamous Dave Foley full frontal nude scene in Postal was a result of this: Foley was sitting down wearing only a robe and Boll had merely instructed him to stand up. Apparently, neither of them anticipated that the robe would suddenly open. Boll found this so funny that he had to leave it in.