Irina Shayk (born Irina Valeryevna Shaykhlislamova in Yemanzhelinsk, Russia, USSR on January 6, 1986) is a Russian supermodel and actress known for her appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She debuted in 2009, and made the cover in 2011. She made her acting debut as "Megara" in Hercules.
- Hercules (2014) as Megara
- Need for Speed: The Run (2011) as Mila Belova (voice and likeness)
"Sexiest Tropes in the World":
- Black Bra and Panties: She started out as a lingerie model, and has done a few shoots in these, as seen here.
- Body Paint: In the 2009 Swimsuit Issue.
- Celebrity Voice Actor: As Mila Belova in the video game Need For Speed: The Run.
- Censor Box: In this Givenchy Jeans advertisement.
- Cool Shades: In this video, where she gives the Paparazzi the Silent Treatment when they are asking her about when she is marrying Bradley Cooper.
- Corpsing: In this Hilarious Outtakes video from the photo shoot with cheetahs mentioned under Panthera Awesome below.
- Even the Girls Want Her: On the July 15, 2015 The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, comedienne Amy Schumer talked about how she thought Irina was the most "bangable" human. There's no chance of reciprocation, however, since, in the issue of GQ Italy mentioned under Rags to Riches below, Irina talked about how she could never be attracted to a woman."No way. I'm Russian: I'm into men, diamonds and caviar."
- Fashion Magazine: Harper's Bazaar, Elle, Vogue
- Fashion Show: More known for her appearances in magazines, but, she did walk for Michael Scott for New York Fashion Week in February 2013, and a month later for Givenchy for Paris Fashion Week.
- Fountain of Expies: Models.com cited her as an "industry icon."
- Hand-or-Object Underwear: As just one example: In the 2010 Swimsuit Issue, she took photos where she was sitting nude on a bed with only a laptop computer to cover her.
- He Also Did: Appeared in Kanye West's "Power" video.
- Homage: This video from her Instagram is one to the pottery scene in Ghost (1990).
- Lingerie Scene: She started out as a lingerie model. She's also appeared in Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows.
- Meaningful Name: "Irina" is a Slavic word meaning peace which is derived from Ancient Greek.
- Ms. Fanservice: She's a supermodel, what else would you expect?
- Modesty Towel: In an "Off the Clock" picture from the photo shoots for the 2010 Swimsuit Issue.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: In an interview in the February 2012 issue of Esquire UK, she said, "You can't break Russian people. We're made in cold snow. We're very resistant."
- Naked in Mink/Diamonds in the Buff: This video for Issue 44 of Self Service Magazine, in which she is only wearing a fur coat and jewelry.
- Our Mermaids Are Different: In this video, she talks about wearing a net bikini for a Sports Illustrated photo shoot in Madagascar and how, when she saw the photos, she thought she looked like a mermaid that had washed up on the white sand.
- Panthera Awesome: For the 2012 Swimsuit Issue, she did a shoot in Zambia with cheetahs.
- Pun: The last picture in the 2011 Swimsuit Issue was a shot of her in a bikini from behind with the words "Shayk, Her Booty."
- Rags to Riches: Came from a small poor village in Russia. In the September 2016 issue of GQ Italy, she said that she had nothing to wear and nothing to eat when she first arrived in Paris and that she felt embarrassed in front of the other models because of how she was dressed. Today, she's been on numerous magazine covers and is one of the most sought out models in the business.
- Real Women Have Curves: From her article in the July/August 2014 issue of Maxim:"I'm not a size zero. Thank God, because that's how I got my West Village apartment."
- Rouge Angles of Satin: In this Instagram post, she talks about how it has been her dream to appear on the cover of Vogue Italia and how she is so "greatful" to everyone who believed in her on her journey.
- Screw the Money, I Have Rules!: In the same interview in Esquire UK, she said, "Yes, I am a lingerie model, but I have class. Playboy offered me so much money last year. I was like: 'No way.'"
- Sensual Slavs: A Russian, but, she definitely follows in the tradition initiated by Paulina Porizkova back in the 1980s.
- Sesquipedalian Smith: Inverted with her full name.
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Wore a backless dress with a Navel-Deep Neckline at the European Premiere of Hercules in Berlin, Germany on August 21, 2014.
- Sexy Soaked Shirt: For VMAN Magazine's 10th Anniversary Issue in October 2013, though she was mostly topless.
- Also for the 2016 Swimsuit Issue.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Seems to aspire to this. In this video, she says that she wishes she could body paint herself all the time, so she wouldn't have to wear clothes.
- Snakes Are Sexy/Feather Boa Constrictor: For Sorbet Magazine's Summer 2015 issue, she played Eve, complete with a picture of her naked with a snake wrapped around her.
- Spell My Name with an S: Her name is sometimes misspelled as Irina Sheik.
- Toplessness from the Back: For the 2016 Swimsuit Issue shoot.
- Underboobs: As seen here.
- Vapor Wear: Showed up at the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscars party in a see-through gown with strategically-placed cutaways and nothing underneath.
- Walking Swimsuit Scene: For Sports Illustrated and other work she has done. Taken to Awesome, but Impractical/Rule of Sexy levels in the 2014 Swimsuit Issue. She did a photo wearing a one-piece yellow suit that covered her completely in the front but had netting in the back, exposing her butt. This accomplished the goal of having her wear a full swimsuit and showing what she would look like without it at the same time.
- What Beautiful Eyes!: A Google search for her name and "beautiful eyes" produces over 200,000 results.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: The Hungarian magazine Periodika named her "Sexiest Woman in the World" in 2011.