Actress born July 23, 1970 in Las Vegas, Nevada, best known as Cordelia Chase from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, as well as Jason Statham's girlfriend, Lacy, in The Expendables and its first sequel.
She also starred as Susan in the 2010 horror film Psychosis.
- Wendy Sanders on Baywatch (1 episode, 1994)
- Cordelia Chase on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel (1997-2004)
- Simone (voice) on Hey Arnold! ("Phoebe Skips", 1999)
- Kira/The Seer on Charmed (3 episodes, 2004)
- Kendall Casablancas on Veronica Mars (2005-06)
- Tegan Walker on Greek (recurring character, 2007-11)
- Mink on CSI ("The Descent of Man", 2009)
- Trianna on Legend of the Seeker ("Marked", 2009)
- Nicki on Burn Notice ("Better Halves", 2011)
- Maggie Stark on Supernatural ("Shut Up, Dr. Phil", 2011)
- Annie "Rebecca" Sewell on The Lying Game (2012)
- Michelle Mulan in Bound (2015)
Tropes associated with her work:
- Dark and Troubled Past: She and her friends were attacked by police officer/serial rapist Henry Hubbard Jr. but managed to fend him off. Carpenter retrieved some crucial evidence Hubbard left behind, i.e. his police-issue flashlight, leading to Hubbard's arrest and later conviction.
- Dawson Casting:
- Dyeing for Your Art: She had brownish hair with blonde highlights when she was cast as Cordelia - the same colour as her female co-stars Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan. Hannigan went redhead while Carpenter went dark brown.
- Hide Your Pregnancy: Initially on Angel - with long coats and lots of black helping it along. Eventually her character's secret pregnancy became a plot point. But notably after giving birth, Cordelia only appeared unconscious and from the shoulders up (as Charisma hadn't given birth yet).
- The Red Stapler: She's been told numerous times by fans that they named their daughters Cordelia in honour of her character.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: Her role as Sutton and Emma's birth mother on The Lying Game was supposed to be a secret but everyone figured it out due to Carpenter's uncanny resemblance to Alexandra Chando.