She had small roles in films like My Stepmother Is an Alien (as the daughter) and Dead Man on Campus before her breakout film role as Michelle Flaherty in American Pie, where she shocked everyone with the now-infamous "band camp" line. The world was never the same after that moment. It's always the quiet ones.
Married to her former Buffy co-star Alexis Denisof, and they have two children, Satyana and Keeva (both names from Denisof's Russian heritage). Her daughters seem to have taken up their mother's banner of truly ridiculous levels of cute.
This actress provides examples of:
- Adorkable: Lots of her roles happen to be quirky yet adorable.Willow: You're supposed to stop me when I do that.Oz: I like it when you do that.
- Cat Smile: She has a particular way of smiling.
- Covert Pervert: Her most common role.
- Older Than They Look: Barely aged between now and the first episode◊ of Buffy.
- Playing Against Type: Her roles as Winter and Claire Clancy are definitely more laid back and softer than what she's known for.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: She can pull off the vulnerable look very well.
Joss Whedon: There is nothing more painful in the world than Aly when she makes her big eyes. She makes her big, hurt eyes, there's nothing you can do. She just kills you.Thugboy: This Alyson Hannigan is a menace.
- Marshall in How I Met Your Mother - "she's all eyes and boobs".