open/close all folders
Characters from the Real World
Portrayed by: Cayden Boyd
- Friendless Background: Marissa is the closest thing he has to an actual friend, and even then, Mr. Electricidad has something to say about that. It's no wonder he made up Sharkboy and Lavagirl to help cope with it.
- The Hero: He is the main hero of the movie. His goal is to save Planet Drool and his school from both Mr. Electric and Minus.
- Heroic BSoD: He undergoes a big one after the sudden deaths of Sharkboy and Lavagirl.
- Imagination-Based Superpower: Planet Drool was dreamt up by Max, so while there, his dreams can become reality. Sharkboy and Lavagirl even consider him more powerful than either of them because of this, but it takes much of the movie for him to start using his dream-based powers to their fullest, culminating in him learning to daydream and becoming a borderline Reality Warper there.
- Mr. Imagination: Kid's got one heck of an imagination.
- Parental Neglect: Max's parents don't have much time to pay attention to him, so he turns to his dreams for comfort.
Portrayed by: Jacob Davich
A bully who picks on Max.
- Big Eater: He is a very hungry boy.
- Bratty Half-Pint: He's Max's age and a huge jerk.
- The Bully: Max is his favorite target.
- Freudian Excuse: Max hypothesizes that Minus had his dreams shattered long ago and became embittered as a result. Presumably, this also projects onto the real Linus.
- Large Ham: "Mr. Electricidad, send him to the principal's office and have him EXPELLED!!!"
Max's homeroom teacher.
- Berserk Button: He doesn't take it kindly when his students mispronounce his last name.
- Heel Realization: He's quite thrown to realize that Max cast him as the bad guy in his dreams.
- Large Ham: "At the end of class, both of you will report to the principal's office...WITH YOUR PARENTS!"
- Overprotective Dad: Is unreasonably annoyed when Max strikes up some friendly chit-chat with his daughter.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: While he doesn't quite approve of Max's daydreaming, he's not unreasonably strict either. Overall, he's more or less a regular teacher trying to maintain order in his classroom.
Mr. Electricidad's daughter, and Max's classmate.
- An Ice Person: Her Planet Drool counterpart, the Ice Princess, wields a gem capable of freezing anything. When Max brings it back from Planet Drool, Marissa proves to be able to use it as well.
- Meganekko: Sweet, adorable, and bespectacled. A younger version than most, but still.
- Mr. Imagination: Like Max, she has quite the active imagination.
- Only Friend: The only kid who seems to show Max any sort of friendship.
- The Glasses Gotta Go: Upon receiving the crystal heart, she removes her glasses before using it to finish off Mr Electric.
Characters from Planet Drool
A boy who was Raised By Sharks
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: Sharp enough to scratch up a blackboard.
- Berserk Button: He does not like high-pitched sounds. At all. It actually comes in handy once, as the ensuing Unstoppable Rage allowed him to tear through a metal cage like cardboard.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Through living with sharks, he effectively became part-shark. Try not to think about it too hard.
- Chewing the Scenery: Often times literally.
- Does Not Like Spam: He really hates chocolate.
- Guys Smash, Girls Shoot: In a fight, he prefers to get up close and personal with his strength and keen reflexes, in contrast to Lavagirl.
- Hot-Blooded: Is pretty impatient with practically everything.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Can be really harsh and cold to Max for what happened, but still respects him more or less.
- Lightning Bruiser: Stronger and faster than Lavagirl.
- Making a Splash: Can shoot water out of his hands.
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Since he was raised by sharks and turned into one.
- Opposites Attract: With Lavagirl.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: The blue boy to Lavagirl's pink girl. (Well, more of a bluish-gray, but still.)
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Ironically, despite their water and fire themes, Sharkboy is the Red Oni. He's quite temperamental and destructive, while Lavagirl is more calm.
- Shark Man: He has the body of a boy but has shark characteristics.
Portrayed by: Taylor Dooley
A girl with the ability to control lava.
Portrayed by: George Lopez
Portrayed by: Jacob Davich