"Momotarou" Yuuki Momozono
Our cute protagonist, the reincarnation of Momotarou. First year of general major.
- Batman Gambit: When Shaoran tried to pull this from him and Kou, actually after she told him how much of the "Crying Red Oni" is just good from humans' perspective he realized her goal and pulled this back on her.
- Bishōnen: Male protagonist of a shoujo manga HAVE to be this!
- Born Unlucky: All the Momotarou reincarnations are this by default, and well-known for it. Yuuki is no exception, and that's why he had no friend until highschool because no one would want to get into his unluckiness. Thank god every time any oni undo their curse, the unluckiness starts to fade. Ever so slowly.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Even the Guys Want Him: Greatest offender of this manga, justified that he is the protagonist. From the beginning, his Unwanted Harem consists of more guys, Sawa and Masahiko. Then after he defeat the onis, there's Kou and Kikyou...
- Hates Being Alone: So much. That it leads to Sympathy For The Oni every time he defeats one after knowing after all they're Not So Different with him and have loneliness issues as well.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: States this after he knows he's Momotarou's reincarnation.
- Meaningful Name: His surname means "peach garden" as he's the reincarnation of Momotarou, and his given name means "courage", another thing Momotarou is well-known with.
- Pet the Dog: When the elementary students of the ethnology and folklore majors tried to kidnap him and explains that it's their final test, and they started crying because scared of punished severely, he gave them his tie as a proof they already succeed in fooling him. Played even more straight when he promised The Dog, Masahiko that he will ask for his help again.
- Reincarnation: Of the Momotarou, of course.
- Sympathy For The Oni: Just name any oni that's not subject to this, I dare you.
- Warrior Therapist: Everytime he defeat any oni, he deliver a motivational speech that leads into their HeelFace Turn. Except to Kou because he doesn't need one to begin with.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Tried to invoke this to defeat Kikyou. It works.
"The Monkey" Sawa Kouenji
One of the Momotarou's Beast Companions, the Monkey. Seems to be the closest with Yuuki himself. First year, Sports major.
- Animal Motifs: Monkey. He's from the clan of monkey Beasts that served Momotarou for generations.
- Always Someone Better: He's this whenever he is. In Yuuki's team, in the Sports Major, even in Kouenji Clan itself, he's this.
- Dynamic Entry: In chapter 6 before Yukishiro and Masahiko can give out their invitation to Yuuki he enters Yuuki's class FROM THE WINDOW. Mind you, Yuuki's class is located on the second level. And after that he have Bishie Sparkle.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Just ask The Little Mermaid reincarnation. By the way, in this manga, The Little Mermaid is one of the gender flipped reincarnations.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Mukokuseki: Blonde despite being a Japanese.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Despite his slender built he's the ace of the sports major that's famous for their heavyball dodgeball.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The strongest of Yuuki's animal companions. and always a step ahead from them. He's even the strongest Beast Knight of the Kouenji clan.
- The Big Guy: He's this for Yuuki's trio of animal companions. Masahiko said it that of the trio, he had the highest attack power.
- The Bully: Just ask Masahiko.
- Undying Loyalty: To Yuuki, of course.
- Yuuki I Am Your Cousin: In Chapter 19 he reveals that he's actually Yuuki's cousin and the Momotarou will ALWAYS born in the Monkey clan to make sure the Momotarou is protected because the Monkey clan have much higher chance of giving birth to potent Beast Knight
"The Pheasant" Yukishiro KijinogiOne of Yuuki's animal companions trio, The Pheasant. First year, Japanese literature major.
- Action Girl
- All Women Are Lustful: She's quite a pervert.
- Animal Motifs: Bird, the pheasant to be exact. She is after all the descendant of the clan of pheasants from the Momotaro story.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Yuuki is this in her vision, but Yukishiro herself invoked this trope in Chapter 6 with simply walking.
- True Blue Femininity: She's really ladylike when she's not being a pervert.
- Undying Loyalty: To Yuuki just like the others.
- Winged Humanoid: When she puts her mask on she can pull her wings out.
"The Dog'' Masahiko Inukai
One of Yuuki's animal companions, The Dog. First year, science major.
- Berserk Button: Don't try to harm Yuuki, but don't try to act affectionate with him either.
- Butt-Monkey: And ironically, the one who bullied him the most is the "monkey" Sawa.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Really crazy about Yuuki, and if you get close to him he will start yelling in rage.
- Fantastic Racism: To the onis, of course. Also come with Race Name Basis.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Just because he's a Megane and intelligent doesn't mean he's patient.
- Smart People Wear Glasses: He's in the science major itself mirrors how intelligent he is, and he do wears glasses.
"The Grandpa" Shibaura Kyouko
The reincarnation of the Grandpa from Momotarou story... And genderflipped. Second year, agriculture major.
- Action Girl
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Masculine girl to the Grandma's feminine boy.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Looks slender and slim, but the strongest of agriculture major that full of beefcakes.
- Reincarnation : Of the Grandpa from Momotarou... And gender flipped
- Those Two Guys: With the Grandma, of course.
"The Grandma" Kawamura RyoichiThe reincarnation of the Grandma from the Momotarou story... And gender flipped. Second year, Home EC major.
"Issun Boushi" Shin'ya Wan'no
The reincarnation of the Issun Boushi (One-Inch Monk). One of Yuuki's best friends. First year, Japanese literature major.
- Berserk Button: Dont' tell him he can't get taller or that it's trivial.
- Improbable Weapon User: His main weapon is a giant needle.
- Reincarnation: Of the Issun Boushi . And he's better known for it.
- Serious Business: His height.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Tiny guy to Sakurako's huge girl.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Purple.
"Issun's Princess" Kyouno Sakurako
- Blood Knight: States this twice, first before fighting Grandpa in the "Reverse Hide And Seek", second before her battle against Kikyou.
- Brawn Hilda
- Hime Cut: This sort of style is a fitting one for a "princess"; that's what it means after all.
- I Am What I Am: States this before the start of her battle with Kikyou.
- Sakurako: "I'm not a princess... I am not "Rurika"... I AM JUST SAKURAKO KYOUNO!!!"
- Tsundere: It's not like she was lying that she fought Kikyou to quench her thirst of battle, but the lying part is that it's the only reason. Nope, she didn't try to avenge Issun, nope.
"Red Oni" Kou KureuchiThe reincarnation of the titular "Crying Red Oni" folklore, and really sweet just like how said oni is described in said folklore. First year of entertainment major who works as a model. His term is the easiest: Became his friend.
- Bishōnen: Duh.
- Color-Coded Characters: Red. Despite of that he's a subversion of most definition of the character color red. Evil? Nope, he's the nicest oni in the series. Brave? Nope, he's a crybaby. Dangerous? Well, he is strong, but less likely to attack back. Sexy? He's not seductive, but well yes he IS VERY attractive. Just look at The Ace entry below.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Is the reincarnation of the "Crying Red Oni", and let's see his characteristic. Red color theme? Yes. Crybaby? Yes.
- Good All Along: He was this even since he was little
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Even exaggerated in universe. See The Ace entry below.
- Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy: Feminine guy to Shaoran's masculine girl.
- Morality Pet: Most of times to Shaoran, but sometimes to Uraha too.
- Nice Guy: One of few genuinely nice character in the series.
- Prone to Tears: He's the reincarnation of Crying Red Oni after all. He's not only a Rare Male Example , but he's also a rare example that his color code are red.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Despite being literally the Red Oni in universe, if we take the definition of Red Oni, Blue Oni here he's actually the Blue to Shaoran's Red due to his role to calm her down whenever she get mad. And unlike her, every time he cried he actually have a reason... But sometimes are not good enough.
- Sixth Ranger: Dubs himself as this for Yuuki's team, but nobody cares.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Initially, and his model persona. His real self? Just a crybaby.
- Tears of Fear: Even himself can inflict this, but most of times whenever Issun tried to conquer him.
- The Ace: Of entertainment major. It's said that for every magazine he was in, said magazine will be sold out in first day it's released.
- Token Good Teammate: Of the onis, of course. Even after their HeelFace Turn, most onis are still jerks to Yuuki, but he's completely a nice guy to everyone.
- You Gotta Have Red Hair: Why do you think people called him the Red Oni ?
"Green Oni" Uraha Yanagi
The Green Oni, the reincarnation of the oni from the "Oni's Panties" song, and first year of music major. His term is to make everyone forget the "Oni's Panties" song.
- Berserk Button: If you accidentally sang "Oni's Panties" in his presence, may Heaven helps you. And don't remind him how short he is.
- Musical Assassin: His songs doubles as his spells.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: He's the Green Oni, okay?
"Blue Oni" Shaoran Rindou
The reincarnation of the Blue Oni from the "Crying Red Oni" , and the first year of business major. She initially didn't have any actual term, but later makes one up: Lend her an umbrella when it's raining.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: She doesn't even need any reason to get mad, she will yell and smack Kou for no reason. Also she's grumpy most of the times.
- The Ojou: Her flashback implies this.
- What the Hell, Hero? / Breaking the Fourth Wall: After Yuuki grins after managed to capture her, she called this out on him.Shaoran: You look evil! Are you really the protagonist of this series?!
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She's the Blue Oni after all.
"Purple Oni" Kikyou Ouchi
The Purple Oni, the reincarnation of the oni from the Kobutori Jiisan story. First year of art major, and claims to be a manga specialist. His term is show his the "dance" called battle, and defeat him accordingly.
- Berserk Button: Don't touch his anime/manga merchandise. Just DON'T. Don't tell me I didn't warn you.
- Otaku: Oh very much so, and he's really proud of it to the point he dubs himself as a manga specialist.
- Purple Is Powerful: Is the Purple Oni, and also the Ushioni, the strongest type of oni.
- Shock and Awe: His elemental power of choice.
"Black Oni" Kurihito Hakuhou
- Absurdly Power Ful Student Council: The president.
- Big Bad: He's even this to fellow onis as Shaoran's chapter implies.
- Cry Cute: Have this at Chapter 18.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: The moment he's introduced formally before the start of summer holiday, you already know his clumsiness is fake.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Blue to the Sakura Oni's red.
- Villains Out Shopping: In Chapter 23 he pulled this and plays with Yuuki in the school area all day.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Also come with "White" real name ("Haku" in his name means white) and "Black" title. Ironically, his real name reflects his fake self and his title is what his real self is.