GreenwoodThe sovereign state of the Elves.
Keera L. Greenwood
The older brother of Shera.
- Adaptational Intelligence: Unlike the manga and the light novel, Keera actually pretends to be a concerned older brother that's ashamed of his mistreatment towards Shera in the anime. The charade lowers Diablo's suspicions of him, which is something that Keera's other versions couldn't do due to their blatant racism and open verbal abuse towards Shera.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Because he's the crown prince, he's unbelievably arrogant, cocky, petty and cruel.
- Asshole Victim: Beheaded by Chester after his "battle" against Diablo. No one's going to miss him.
- Ax-Crazy: Good God. This guy is fucking insane!
- Big Brother Bully: He's very physically abusive to Shera. He even warns Shera that he will hit her for refusing him, right in front of Diablo.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: The anime version of Keera is smart enough to actually pretend to be a caring older brother who regrets his abusive behavior when he first meets Diablo. He drops the façade once Diablo interrupts his plan to use a slime on Shera.
- The Caligula: It's a good thing Diablo got to him before he became the Elven king as he's not fit to run a soda stand, let alone a kingdom. He's smug, arrogant, cocky, petty and cruel, quick to anger, abuses his subordinates and his sister to the point of Attempted Rape, and threatens all-out war over the smallest slight, real or imagined.
- Didn't Think This Through: He was shocked that boasting of bringing armed troops into Faltra's territory and smuggling elves into the city itself to hold the city hostage if Diablo dared to strike against him, or refuse to hand Shera over, not to mention showing off a magical weapon of mass destruction, the Force Hydra, would give Galford casus belli to come after his head, especially since either he or his father had already made a rather loud and public declaration of war against Faltra for the sake of taking back Shera, against her will.
- Dirty Coward: Pathetically begs for his life after Diablo takes down his hydra, and tries running for it afterwards, only to be beheaded by Chester.
- Entitled to Have You: To Shera, his sister, in seriously unhealthy ways.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: When he learned that Diablo did not use Shera's Slave Collar to force her into having sex with him — or at all except exactly once by pure accident and for something trivial — Keera's wrought with fury because he honestly cannot comprehend it. The only way basic human decency made sense to him is that Shera must have been just too stupid to realize Diablo was taking advantage of her and therefore he didn't even need to use magic to do it.
- Evil Prince: How else can one describe a prince that abuses his younger sister and sees her as a sex-slave, hunts her down, tries to start a war, and holds the entire population of a town hostage to try and kidnap her from her True Companions, and then once he uses a geas spell to compel her to follow him, sics a wild beast on her while she's paralyzed for his own sick amusement?
- Fantastic Racism: He is incredibly racist to every other race.
- Faux Affably Evil: He speaks in polite terms, but his tone is condescending, arrogant and petty. Most of the time, he doesn't even bother with the act.
- Hate Sink: His twisted and depraved nature are considered to be hate worthy to both the characters and the audience.
- Hollywood Tactics: How he expected his "grand plan" to take Shera away to work is a mystery. By making a grand procession dragging her mind-controlled out of the city, he threw away his greatest tactical advantage, the fact that his people are expert in ambush and guerrilla warfare. In addition, while smuggling armed troops into a city to seize a target of interest, and making an ultimatum to launch an all-out war if said target is not handed over quietly are both valid tactics, trying to do both at once is highly likely to result in disaster.
- Hollywood Tone-Deaf: His flute playing is atrocious. This may be intentional as the flute is implied to grant him the power of mind-control.
- Instant Allegiance Artifact: Combined with More Than Mind Control. Anyone who listen to him play his enchanted flute for five minutes becomes magically compelled to obey his orders, no matter how unreasonable.
- Irony: He calls everyone he comes across "stupid," especially when they are of another race, don't agree with his mindset, or both. Yet the circumstances and manner of his death was the utter height of stupidity and completely avoidable.
- It's All About Me: He genuinely believed the world revolved around him. When he realized it didn't, thanks to Diablo completely crushing his defenses, taking Shera back, overcoming her brainwashing, and Alicia repeatedly pointing out that Keera's actions are violations of international law... He does not take it well.
- Jerkass: We are putting it very, very lightly here.
- Killed Off for Real: Was killed by Lieutenant General Chester Ray Galford.
- Light Is Not Good: Like his people, he resembles a High Elf with the arrogance Up to Eleven and is more sinister than he looks.
- Lust Object: Most of his actions are motivated by his sexual fixation on his sister. It's bad enough that the fact that Shera was Made a Slave and her male owner did not take advantage of her truly just doesn't make sense to Keera.
- Madness Mantra: When his "grand plan" falls apart, so does he.
- "Useless!Useless!Useless!Useless!Useless!Useless!Useless! Why does everyone seek to irritate me!" (Starts ripping out his hair in frustration)
- Make It Look Like an Accident: Implied. When he has Shera at his mercy, he loves to boast about how their elder brother "died in a hunting accident" thus, in his mind, making Shera his slave instead.
- Miles Gloriosus: He is convinced that he's the smartest and mightiest being in the world, and will happily boast it to anyone and everyone. When he's directly challenged, however, he's very quick to run and hide behind someone or something, even summoning the Force Hydra at the first opportunity, and yelling at it to attack Diablo, despite clearly not being able to control it in any way.
- Not Worth Killing: How Diablo rationalizes sparing his life after Shera begs him. This only serves to give him a few second's head-start. (No pun intended.)
- Obliviously Evil: When Diablo, Rem, and Alicia called him out on siccing a slime on Shera, before intending to rape her, he retorted that using the slime that way is foreplay and he believed it. When Diablo used his authority as Shera's "master" to compel Shera to profess how she truly feels, and Shera goes on to condemn the act, Keera loses what little sanity he had.
- Off with His Head!: How he was killed.
- Pointy Ears: Like all elves.
- Psychopathic Manchild: His behavior as he's called out on his crimes is precisely like a spoiled child getting his toys taken away when his parents have had enough.
- Royally Screwed Up: He's the crown prince, and he's totally off his rocker.
- Sadist: He unleashes a slime on Shera and laughs at her when she can't run away after he magically paralyzes her.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Combined with Bribing Your Way to Victory. He doesn't hesitate to wave his kingdom's money around, and boasts of having bought the information on Shera's whereabouts.
- Slasher Smile: Not only is this his default expression but in the manga, it's so pronounced, he looks more reptilian than Gregor, a lizard man.
- Smug Snake: He not only vastly overestimates his abilities, but looks down on everyone, and thinks they're idiots for not agreeing with his agenda.
- Spiteful Spit: He spits on the floor of the room shared by Diablo, Rem, and Shera, to show his disgust that Shera would travel with "lowly" Pantherian, and especially "Demon" companions. Even Diablo, as "The Demon King" has better manners.
- Suicidal Cosmic Temper Tantrum: When Diablo thwarts his plans for Shera, he unleashes a summoned beast that he thinks can destroy the world.
- Suicidal Overconfidence: He walks into the inn and the room where Diablo, Shera, Rem, and Alicia are having a chat, alone, thinking he'd be safe because he sent an elven army into the town and hold the humans hostage. Unfortunately for him, Diablo doesn't play that game and only spared him to gather information.
- This Cannot Be!: After Diablo takes down his kingdom's Force Hydra summoned monster.
- Too Dumb to Live: He stops, and sets up a highly-visible camp in enemy territory for the express purpose of siccing a slime on Shera and raping her, after either he or his father had already threatened war with Faltra, and he boasted of smuggling troops into Faltra to threaten the citizens. If Galford had simply waited until Diablo had returned to town to attack, instead of getting greedy and going after Shera, nothing would have prevented Galford from exterminating the entire elven army, including Keera himself.
- Used to Be a Sweet Child: According to Shera, he used to be a sweet, loving brother that she laughed and played with. How he changed into the Evil Prince to whom we're introduced is not clear.
- Villains Want Mercy: After Diablo's taken him, his army, and his trump card, the Force Hydra, apart, and Galford is coming for him, he spends his last few moments pleading for his life, trying to rationalize that "the war hasn't started yet," despite his clear aggression. Galford doesn't oblige.
- Virtue Is Weakness: He calls his father "feeble" for being reluctant to lead an invasion to take Shera back by force, and loathes his elder brother for treating both Shera and himself kindly. There's also the fact that he calls Diablo and the guards of Faltra "idiots" for not abusing Rem and Shera's slavery collars and allowing the elves to pass the border checkpoint without incident, respectively.
- War Is Hell: A fact he constantly uses to justify throwing his weight around. Of course, he failed to realize that some people want war and are just eager for any excuse to launch one, especially considering the Fantastic Racism of the world setting.
- What Are You: After Diablo obliterates the Force Hydra, Keera finally realizes that Diablo is clearly not "a lowly demon," and he's been taunting Chthulhu. Unfortunately, this revelation is far, far too little, too late to save him.
QueenThe former queen of the elven kingdom and the mother of Shera and Keera.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Subverted. At first it seems like the fiancee she chose for Shera, Durango, was the usual Gonkish Jerkass fiancee we see in many other stories, but once Shera marries Diablo instead after he saved the Kingdom of Greenwood from the Fallen, it turns out he's not a bad person at all and only acted as a jerk, because Shera wasn't his type. He's also very capable as a ruler since he delegates the day to day operations in Diablo's stead since he's away on adventures.
- No Name Given: Her name is unknown.
- Pointy Ears: Like all elfs.
- Archer Archetype: Like most of the elves in the story he's proficient with a bow but nowhere near as good as even Shera.
- Elfeminate: Aside from having an Adam's Apple, he looks like a young woman.
- Morton's Fork: No matter which choice he made in regards to Shera, things were never going to turn out well for him. If he sides with Keera, he angers Diablo and gets beat down. If he sides with Diablo, Keera gets enraged, and he gets beat down, possibly declared a traitor and executed.
- My Country, Right or Wrong: He will obey the orders of the royalty, no matter how much he disagrees with it because he believes it's in the best interests of the kingdom. Unfortunately, he's obeying the orders of Keera.
- Pointy Ears: As befits an elf, he has pointed ears.
- This Cannot Be!: When all of the elven attacks, including the «Tempest Arrow», which is a royal treasure, completely fail to significantly harm Diablo, and then again when an enraged Diablo tear through a much larger elven army like paper to go rescue Shera from her totally depraved elder brother.
- To Be Lawful or Good: He was strongly morally opposed to Keera's intentions towards Shera, but as the crown prince, Keera's word is the law of the land in the Greenwood Kingdom. Celsior chose "lawful" and came to regret it, though choosing "good" wasn't likely to go very well either.
- Unwitting Pawn: To Galak, who used him and his fellow elves against Diablo by making them think Shera was captured by a slaver.
- Gonk: Diablo frequently compares him to an orc in appearance, in the narration.
- Has a Type: He actually likes flat chested women.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: He's actually not as cruel as he presents himself to Shera. He just didn't want any part of the Arranged Marriage Shera's mother was forcing him into, because Shera is not his type.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick: To Diablo. After Diablo becomes the elven king, Diablo delegates the day to day operations of the elven kingdom to him while going off to deal with the Fallen threat.
- Pointy Ears: Like all Elves.
BlackwoodThe territory of the Dark Elves.
Raflesia S. OrangewoodThe Chief of the Dark Elves.
- Bi the Way: Had a fiance and has a female lover.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: She winds up controlled by Demon Lord Cardia at one point.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She and her people were driven into the poisonous forest full of Fallen beasts by a "holy" army that feared their knowledge of how to seal... or unseal Demon Kings.
- I Owe You My Life: When Diablo uses an Elixir on her when a Fallen general mortally wounds her while stealing the sealed Cardia.
- Misplaced Retribution: Like most Dark Elves, she hates the Light elves for doing nothing while the human "holy army" was rampaging among her people... even though it's revealed that the Light elves were powerless to help.